I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby imboray » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:18 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Andy W wrote:Image

I'm keeping mine. In fact, so far I haven't personally heard of a single person who's losing theirs. Jus' sayin' since I know how much weight anecdotal evidence is respected around here

I lost mine. The "comparable" coverage per AHCA has much higher family deductible & will be $80 a month more expensive w/ the subsidy
imboray
hunter
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm


Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:26 pm

imboray wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Andy W wrote:Image

I'm keeping mine. In fact, so far I haven't personally heard of a single person who's losing theirs. Jus' sayin' since I know how much weight anecdotal evidence is respected around here

I lost mine. The "comparable" coverage per AHCA has much higher family deductible & will be $80 a month more expensive w/ the subsidy

how much is the subsidy? You do not have to answer that question, I ask it for the obvious reason that the true COST of your plan is much higher than what you are paying.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56795
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:29 pm

The real question is who is going to pay for the subsidy and for how long. We are 17 Trillion in debt. The money has already run out.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:14 pm

That's easy.

Don't forget your lunch money.

Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16052
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby cartervj » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

read that every taxpayer is on the hook for 1.1 million in government funded liabilities
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:03 am

cartervj wrote:read that every taxpayer is on the hook for 1.1 million in government funded liabilities

The numbers are huge, but I'm dubious of the accounting. I don't think they are doing the present value of those liabilities, but simply adding up the projected spending over some long period of time.

The current federal spending over the next 40 years is around 2 million per taxpayer. The 1.1 million number being about half of that. You would never do that. It is flawed, just like the stupid Obamacare cost being the first 10 years and then disregarding the explosion in costs outside of that. You have to account for cost and revenue until the end of time to see if it is sustainable. And if as Indaswamp likes to talk about the difference in growth rates, if they exist, you have a problem if there is not a self correction mechanism.

It's complicated to understand if there is or is not a problem and much of it is based on how good your assumptions are. And what they assumed is the second part that is never clear. You have to run a range of them and there is no way on earth they are correct to the level that they can tell the difference between 1.1 and 1.2 or probably even 2.2. However, if you want to convince people that you know what you are doing, you don't say that it is about one million, you say it is 1.148693442354452622345 million. OK, you just say 1.1 so you don't look silly.

The numbers are huge and finding the money is not possible, but I just can't understand what they did in most cases. I didn't look at this particular report.

The problem with these things is that it is just so easy to confuse most people and then they fall back to believing what they want to be true and the hucksters win like they did in Detroit.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16052
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 am

Indaswamp wrote:
imboray wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
Andy W wrote:Image

I'm keeping mine. In fact, so far I haven't personally heard of a single person who's losing theirs. Jus' sayin' since I know how much weight anecdotal evidence is respected around here

I lost mine. The "comparable" coverage per AHCA has much higher family deductible & will be $80 a month more expensive w/ the subsidy

how much is the subsidy? You do not have to answer that question, I ask it for the obvious reason that the true COST of your plan is much higher than what you are paying.



The subsidy isn't intended to last. It's only supposed to be there until the private insurance market is caused to crash. That's been his intention from the get-go.


But you don't have to take my word for it. Just listen to Dear Leader.


WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:21 pm

majority of Americans are going to get royally screwed with Obamacare...
Truth To Go With The Health Hearing Today
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56795
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby D Comeaux » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:43 pm

I want to know, who's going to fix this crap?
User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 pm

D Comeaux wrote:I want to know, who's going to fix this crap?

once it goes single payor and the insurance companies are bankrupt, I do not see how it will ever be fixed.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56795
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Those who finally say enough and take the fight to the government. We are to far gone and our government to corrupt to fix this.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 pm

remember-what you pay for coverage is considered a TAX by the supreme Court! They can pull your coverage at any time and you don't get SQUAT! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: It's not a premium with fiduciary responsibilities behind it. It's not a contract bound by law. IT IS A TAX! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

How many liberals heads did this fact fly over??? :sarcmark:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56795
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby cartervj » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:51 pm

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7299
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 am

From The One himself-
Now, if you had one of these substandard plans before the Affordable Care Act became law, and you really like that plan, you were able to keep it. That's what I said when I was running for office. That was part of the promise we made. But ever since the law was passed, if insurers decided to downgrade or cancel the substandard plans, what we said under the law is that you have got to replace them with quality, comprehensive coverage because that, too, was a central premise of the Affordable Care Act from the very beginning. So if you're getting one of these letters [canceling your insurance policy], just shop around in the new marketplace. That's what it's for...


So, he is only looking out for the idiots who did not realize they had a substandard plan at a substandard price. Just understand that The One knows what is best for you. What a jackass. And I find it interesting when he is backing away for his lies that he uses the term "we" to avoid responsibilty for his direct actions. Now, that is a leader for you. :oops:

And if you lose your insurance because the new rules make the plan you had and liked obsolete or too expensive, just shop around. :rolleyes: That is what he promised all along. Not what you heard him say dozens of times. :rolleyes:

We will hear the words "substandard plans and downgraded plans" repeated endlessly now as I guess that is the new talking point for the Hacks and Useful Idiots. :fingerhead:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: I Really, Really Want To Laugh....

Postby MODuckkiller » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:34 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:...
The poor simply don't have anything so they can't bear the financial burden. Granted they bear the burden of crime, failed education, and other things, and do bear a heavy burden in terms of quality of life....

Please, Spinner, use a sarcmark. Otherwise this is laughable.
They BEAR THE BURDEN of crime and failed education?!?!? Now I let the fact that liberals think that homosexuality is something one was born with go. I disagree 100%, but I let it go.
This? This is different. Have you never heard of a little self-help? This government has taken away the drive to work, because SO much is given out, handed out, unnecessarily to those who don't need it/deserve it. I often find myself believing that the people who need the money the most often don't receive it, and some people who deserve the money the least somehow always get it.
What irks me the most is that some people who aren't disabled, nor have any real sort of disability whatsoever will receive disability, some people purposefully will not seek work just to draw unemployment, and yet Mr. Obama does things like cutting all of the funding promised to the community of West, TX (the site of the fertilizer plant explosion last spring) after he personally addressed the community at Baylor University and promised them his full support and financial aid. They needed the support, and they now won't get any; yet millions of people will continue to abuse the system on a daily basis, and we'll do nothing to stop them.
Please don't misinterpret this as me saying that government help to the poor is unnecessary. That is not my belief, nor is it what I was intending to say.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
User avatar
MODuckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Missouri, Louisiana

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests