Military Budget-Wow

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Military Budget-Wow

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 am

U.S. Military Spending vs. The World
U.S. military spending – Dept. of Defense plus nuclear weapons (in $billions) – is equal to the military spending of the next 15 countries combined. Is this was 'Ike' meant when he used the term MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX?

HOW THESE FIGURES WERE DETERMINED
Current military” includes Dept. of Defense ($653 billion), the military portion from other departments ($150 billion), and an additional $162 billion to supplement the Budget’s misleading and vast underestimate of only $38 billion for the “war on terror.” “Past military” represents veterans’ benefits plus 80% of the interest on the debt.*
The Government Deception
The pie chart below is the government view of the budget. This is a distortion of how our income tax dollars are spent because it includes Trust Funds (e.g., Social Security), and the expenses of past military spending are not distinguished from nonmilitary spending. For a more accurate representation of how your Federal income tax dollar is really spent, see the large chart (top).

Source: Congressional Budget Office for FY2008
These figures are from an analysis of detailed tables in the “Analytical Perspectives” book of the Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2009. The figures are federal funds, which do not include trust funds — such as Social Security — that are raised and spent separately from income taxes

So you think military intervention is a good idea fiscally?

To Paraphrase Marine General Smedley Butler, Congressional Medal Of Horor recipient, Is War A Racket?
Last edited by TheSkunk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheSkunk
hunter

Re: Military Budget-Wow

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 am

I have no clue what that pie chart is even supposed to depict. But I'm sure you're self-righteously outraged nonetheless.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 am

assateague wrote:I have no clue what that pie chart is even supposed to depict.

Military Spending as it relates to total expenditures, per our Govt., is my guess.

But I'm sure you're self-righteously outraged nonetheless.

No, just outraged.
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am

I'll start being outraged at the military budget the day that I no longer have to wait in line behind someone buying 3 Monsters, a bag of Doritos, and 2 Mr.Goodbars with my tax money, which was confiscated from me and placed on their little self-esteem card.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 am

assateague wrote:I'll start being outraged at the military budget the day that I no longer have to wait in line behind someone buying 3 Monsters, a bag of Doritos, and 2 Mr.Goodbars with my tax money, which was confiscated from me and placed on their little self-esteem card.

Is this what youre referencing?

http://cincinnatiisadump.wordpress.com/ ... -are-owed/
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 am

Thank God... I thought we had slipped...

Time to ramp up fellas... Just think how big we can get if we quit wasting money on stupid things like studies to study studies...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 am

TheSkunk wrote:
assateague wrote:I'll start being outraged at the military budget the day that I no longer have to wait in line behind someone buying 3 Monsters, a bag of Doritos, and 2 Mr.Goodbars with my tax money, which was confiscated from me and placed on their little self-esteem card.

Is this what youre referencing?

http://cincinnatiisadump.wordpress.com/ ... -are-owed/

How very trolling of you... :no:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:25 am

No kidding. What a buffoon! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 am

assateague wrote:No kidding. What a buffoon! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Is Name calling is allowed on this board?

Back to the question, So you think that subsidizing the lifestyle of blacks (predominately) and providing for 3 generations of welfare in the form of free rent, food, heat, cell phones and cash is a good idea?

Last edited by TheSkunk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:33 am

No, but a statement of fact certainly is. :hi:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 am

Where is the next Pyrex, Internet's replacement, or other technilogical wonder going to come from? That would be military funding. We need to spend that much more than everyone else. We can only kill the world 30 times already. Overkill is the American way of life.

Come on Gunny, we all need a study to determine the best viscocity of Ketchup as desired by the American people and the world. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 am

Skunky doesn't come here much! He clearly doesn't read up on thoughts and opinions here.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 am

assateague wrote:No, but a statement of fact certainly is. :hi:

So which fact(s) are you questioning?

Beck to the question and request if I may, please offer up the merits and redeeming qualities of 'cradle to grave' welfare spending for our 'native' black population...

TheSkunk
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 am

The fact that you're a buffoon. Try to keep up, please. It gets tiresome dealing with the slow.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:46 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Where is the next Pyrex, Internet's replacement, or other technilogical wonder going to come from? That would be military funding. We need to spend that much more than everyone else. We can only kill the world 30 times already. Overkill is the American way of life.

Come on Gunny, we all need a study to determine the best viscocity of Ketchup as desired by the American people and the world. :lol3:

Back to military (wasteful) spending and malfeasance...

Oil was $3 a barrel in 1973.
Israel went to war, we defied our principles and intervened with billions worth of arms to avoid The Jewish State being overrun which it was in danger of, in the Yom Kippur war.

Overnight, Oil went up almost 10 fold (OPEC) and has never come down. We use 20 million barrels per day. Do that math.
$30 surcharge 'subsidy for Israeli intervention X 20 million PER DAY =

Want to discuss Hyperinflation and gas lines?

Or the fact that the entire 5th fleet is parked in the Med protecting Israel. That cant be cheap can it?

We do we persist in this Monica Lewinsky type relationship with a nation we get nothing from? No Oil? No strategic importance?
Couldnt be the Israel lobby, AIPAC could it?
I found this interesting. The CIA head of the bin Laden Unit Michael Scheur says he would dump Israel tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHl1JnQoIWQ

What say the hive?
Last edited by TheSkunk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 am

assateague wrote:The fact that you're a buffoon. Try to keep up, please. It gets tiresome dealing with the slow.

If you dont like the message, discredit the messenger.

Its a tried and true Marxist tactic employed by minions...it only works for a short time as truth travels in stages as you may know.
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 am

He's not even a good troll.

What is the question?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 am

I don't have to discredit the message. It's patently nonsense, nor am I attacking the messenger. I'm simply pointing out fact. If I say "the sky is blue", I'm certainly not attacking the sky.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 am

TheSkunk wrote:Oil was $3 a barrel in 1973.

And in 1973 chicken was $0.13 a pound. Today, chicken is $4.89 a pound. So by the chicken standard, oil should be at $112 a barrel. But after consulting the current crude price, I found it to be only $97 a barrel.

Seems like we're coming out ahead, based on the chicken standard. Pipe down, before you ruin it for the rest of us. Probably a vegetarian, anyway.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am

assateague wrote:
TheSkunk wrote:Oil was $3 a barrel in 1973.

And in 1973 chicken was $0.13 a pound. Today, chicken is $4.89 a pound. So by the chicken standard, oil should be at $112 a barrel. But after consulting the current crude price, I found it to be only $97 a barrel.

Seems like we're coming out ahead, based on the chicken standard. Pipe down, before you ruin it for the rest of us. Probably a vegetarian, anyway.

Thats why that chart was INFLATION ADJUSTED...
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 am

Sorry, but military spending is a crock of sh*t. The Republicans basically use the military as a jobs program while dolling out our money to big military donors. I'm as much a proponent of shrinking the size of the military as I am of getting rid of wasteful social programs. Fiscal responsibility is the same, regardless of whether it's your pet program.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:37 am

Im just glad that Israel is the largest foreign aid recipient.
And the next largest (non war related) is Egypt and Jordan who we pay to Be Nice To Israel.

That USS Liberty thing is so tired.

It wasnt the Israelis fault that the USA sailed a non combat ship in International Waters, flying a large US Flag on a clear day, and could withstand and did 5000 50 caliber rounds, Napalm, 5 torpedos and Israel attacking it with unmarked planes, (War crime) and shooting the rafts (2nd war crime) and lied about the entire thing.
The US Navy had no business being in International Waters.
They are are best ally for sure.
The 200 killed and wounded US Sailors that survived the longest naval attack since Pearl Harbor will attest to this, surely.

This group below that protests must be auntie semitic or something.
TheSkunk
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:50 am

Are you still talking?

DO NOT DISRUPT THE CHICKEN STANDARD. I enjoy my cheap oil and McNuggets.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:50 am

Skunky, you poo stinks. :lol3:

Practice bigotry and hatred much? There are more white people on welfare than black people. Now there are also a lot more white people than black people in America. If you want to get into a proper discussion here you are going to have to adjust your numbers to match reality. Give it enough time and BDD2 and Jim will hop on your thread and get all philosophical.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby TheSkunk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Skunky, you poo stinks. :lol3:

Practice bigotry and hatred much? There are more white people on welfare than black people. Now there are also a lot more white people than black people in America. If you want to get into a proper discussion here you are going to have to adjust your numbers to match reality. Give it enough time and BDD2 and Jim will hop on your thread and get all philosophical.

Your posts stinks of disingenuous disinfo.

Newsflash: Hispanics and Arabs are usually counted as 'white' in crime, welfare stats.
Sort of like calling George Zimmerman 'white'....he wasnt. He was a Hispanic J ew.
Look 'white' to you?

NO, there arent more Euro Whites on welfare than blacks.

Speaking of blacks, they are 12% of the populace and 6% are male. yet they comprise over 60% Of all crime and more than 50% of all murders. A mere 6%.
Facts are not hatred nor bigotry. They just ARE. The truth is not polite.
Sorry

Here is the only graph I can find regarding races on welfare..
Whites/Asians are last.

Last edited by TheSkunk on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheSkunk
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum