I Suppose

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

I Suppose

Postby assateague » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 pm

That I'll never get an answer from the haters as to exactly what parts of the Tea Party platform irritate them so much. Oh well.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: I Suppose

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm

They only post about the theory of Tea partiers being "Racist". But I've yet to see the correlation between wanting to dissolve the Fed and hating other races....
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:They only post about the theory of Tea partiers being "Racist". But I've yet to see the correlation between wanting to dissolve the Fed and hating other races....

Have you met AidenK?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Is Aiden a Tea Party member? I doubt it. He would be a Fascists of America member for sure.

Assa, they will never answer. They have no coherent or good reason to hate on people who want their government to be fiscally responsible. There is no logical reason to hate on them. It is all about demonizing someone they don't like based on how they feel.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Andy W » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:30 am

Disdain for the constitution?
Andy W
hunter

Postby Grossy23 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 am

No , you will not .
Grossy23
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 am

I know, just thought I'd give them a chance. Although I'm sure it's nice for them to know that whenever the Tea Party gets brought up from here on out, I'll be there to ask them the same question. In case they ever decide they have an answer.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

assateague wrote:That I'll never get an answer from the haters as to exactly what parts of the Tea Party platform irritate them so much. Oh well.

And thus why it always devolves into name calling - Tea Party Crazies, Tea Baggers, etc. There is nothing of principle to argue about because following the Constitution is a pretty good road map.

The Leftist just think all would be better if their opposition party was filled with RINOs like McCain, Graham, McConnell and the other losers with an R after their name.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 am

assateague wrote:I know, just thought I'd give them a chance. Although I'm sure it's nice for them to know that whenever the Tea Party gets brought up from here on out, I'll be there to ask them the same question. In case they ever decide they have an answer.

I said they look good on paper......the fact that you don't want to acknowledge the crazy they attracted (and embraced, or at the very least, refused to shun) is the more telling comment here
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:39 am

No, actually it's not. Unless you are going to treat the Democrat party the same way for having folks like Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Hank Johnson, and Sheila Jackson Lee. That is, if you want to talk about racist and crazy.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby whistlingwings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Here is your answer:

1.) Having Sarah Palin as a figurehead makes other conservatives look bad. John McCain is smart. Bill O'Reilly is smart. If you really truly believe Sarah Palin is smart, you've lost your marbles.

2.) Defense is a huge part of our federal budget. True conservatives, folks who really want to reduce the deficit (and many like me, who have worked in the defense department) realize that having a larger military than the top ten countries below us *combined* is completely unnecessary.

3.) Abolishing the Federal Reserve and going back to the gold standard is nutzo. Anyone who has an undergrad degree in economics can tell you that. There are much more sane, real-world steps we can take to control government financial reach.

4.) The name. Tea Party. Tea Bagger. It's too easy. Not to mention whoever came up with the name hasn't read their history. The Boston Tea Party lead to violently overthrowing a government. If you want to violently overthrow my government, get the heck out of my country. I didn't work in the defense department trying to keep your kids safe from foreign terrorists so that you can sit in your living room with your rem 870 super mag thinking about how you'd like to overthrow our government. F-35 to your rear end would put a quick end to that line of thinking.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Whoa, WW. Prone to hyperbole? Spare me your holier than thou Defense department rubbish. You seem like a complete jack azz after that post.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:41 pm

whistlingwings wrote:Here is your answer:

1.) Having Sarah Palin as a figurehead makes other conservatives look bad. John McCain is smart. Bill O'Reilly is smart. If you really truly believe Sarah Palin is smart, you've lost your marbles.

2.) Defense is a huge part of our federal budget. True conservatives, folks who really want to reduce the deficit (and many like me, who have worked in the defense department) realize that having a larger military than the top ten countries below us *combined* is completely unnecessary.

3.) Abolishing the Federal Reserve and going back to the gold standard is nutzo. Anyone who has an undergrad degree in economics can tell you that. There are much more sane, real-world steps we can take to control government financial reach.

4.) The name. Tea Party. Tea Bagger. It's too easy. Not to mention whoever came up with the name hasn't read their history. The Boston Tea Party lead to violently overthrowing a government. If you want to violently overthrow my government, get the heck out of my country. I didn't work in the defense department trying to keep your kids safe from foreign terrorists so that you can sit in your living room with your rem 870 super mag thinking about how you'd like to overthrow our government. F-35 to your rear end would put a quick end to that line of thinking.

Nice rant Tory.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings guys :sad: . The above is an honest answer to the op's question about why some folks, even a lot of those on the conservative side of things, don't like the tea party. My goal isn't to sh*t rainbows and skittles when I answer questions, it's to be honest. Nothing I said was to any specific person, let me make that very clear, all my comments were about the tea party in general.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
assateague wrote:I know, just thought I'd give them a chance. Although I'm sure it's nice for them to know that whenever the Tea Party gets brought up from here on out, I'll be there to ask them the same question. In case they ever decide they have an answer.

I said they look good on paper......the fact that you don't want to acknowledge the crazy they attracted (and embraced, or at the very least, refused to shun) is the more telling comment here

Kind of like the democrats embracing the Occupy Wall street crazies?
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 pm

She ever mention Island tipping over or pass this Bill to see what's in it or etc….. She mentioned a death panel, seems that is true, there's more but that covers the gist of it
McCain is smart, really :lol3:

This Country wouldn't exist with the original Tea Party now would it :welcome:
Scary line of reasoning since you served this Country. This Country is crumbling from the inside out, foreign terrorist are not passing all these crazy azz laws.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:02 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

Kind of like the democrats embracing the Occupy Wall street crazies?

and those radicals at Tea Party rallies, most were caught as being liberal propagandist incognito
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:10 pm

waterfowlman wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Kind of like the democrats embracing the Occupy Wall street crazies?

So, so true. Folks on either side that are too far to left or too far to the right are somehow never able to see their own hypocrisy.

cartervj:
1.) "Death panels" have been debunked many many times by both Republicans and Democrats. It was also named "lie of the year" by politifact. Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.
2.) This country is not falling apart. That's a crazy belief you have based on no real facts other than "scary" stuff you hear on the radio. We're doing ok --- we could be doing a lot better --- but unemployment is below 10%, inflation is nonexistent, you have policemen, firemen, military protecting you. This is not the apocalypse.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 pm

whistlingwings wrote: ...If you want to violently overthrow my government, get the heck out of my country. I didn't work in the defense department trying to keep your kids safe from foreign terrorists so that you can sit in your living room with your rem 870 super mag thinking about how you'd like to overthrow our government......

Fortunately for all of us, George Washington did not hold the same opinion.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 pm

1)Please be more specific on why Palin is dumb, snl skits don't count.

2)Pretty sure the tae party would cut military spending quicker then the brilliant McCain would.

3)Sane, real world steps like stimulus and QE? (where is McCain on those).

4)So a guy THINKING about overthrowing his government in his living room needs a F-35 "to his rear". Glad your here to lecture us on violence in politics.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:19 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
waterfowlman wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:Kind of like the democrats embracing the Occupy Wall street crazies?

So, so true. Folks on either side that are too far to left or too far to the right are somehow never able to see their own hypocrisy.

cartervj:
1.) "Death panels" have been debunked many many times by both Republicans and Democrats. It was also named "lie of the year" by politifact. Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh.
2.) This country is not falling apart. That's a crazy belief you have based on no real facts other than "scary" stuff you hear on the radio. We're doing ok --- we could be doing a lot better --- but unemployment is below 10%, inflation is nonexistent, you have policemen, firemen, military protecting you. This is not the apocalypse.

http://www.politifactbias.com

Mr. Schmidt repeats a common theme we've talked about here, and that is PolitiFact's inconsistency. Obama makes a definitive statement, and PolitiFact mitigates it by painting it as merely a vague implication. Jarrett does the same but fails to earn PolitiFact's protective nuance allowance. It's true that both Obama and Jarrett are Democrats, but we've pointed out before that inept ratings toward liberals can be indicative of just how incompetent and arbitrary PolitiFact's system is. It's also worth noting that Jarrett is hardly the figurehead of liberalism that Obama is, and throwing her under the bus is a small price to pay for PolitiFact's appearance of neutrality.

Ultimately, PolitiFact's inconsistency overwhelmingly falls against one side of the political aisle, but there's so much inconsistency there's certain to be liberals hit by friendly fire. PolitiFact's ratings are arbitrary, and should be treated as the commentary pieces they are.

Many thanks to Mr. Schmidt for allowing us to share his letter. Of course, if Mr. Jacobson would like to respond to Schmidt's letter we're happy to publish it here with his permission.

where do you get your info, MSNBC :welcome: :lol3:

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/11/13/democratic-senator-obamacares-ipab-death-panels-must-be-revisited/

A Democratic senator in an interview today said the Independent Payment Advisory Board — which has come under criticism from pro-life groups and conservatives for its potential to ration health care via “death panels” — should be revisited. Even Democrats like Howard Dean have admitted death panels, or rationing, are included.

The Independent Payment Advisory Board is set to go into action later this year. The IPAB is a Medicare cost-cutting board of “experts” legally possessing the power to impose its advise, even over the desires of Congress or the president.

you do know that unemployment numbers have been manipulated since Bushie left and he even cooked the books
cartervj
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:23 pm

We have a new DHC moron. I hereby dub him the Troubled Tory.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:30 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:We have a new DHC moron. I hereby dub him the Troubled Tory.

You sure it isn't John McCain? Probably something going on in DC so he's surfing the net instead of paying attention.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:38 pm

ScaupHunter:
Name calling is not allowed. Be a man and try debate rather than name calling, this isn't high school. By the more than 4000 posts you have made in little over a year and a half, I would guess you spend most of your time here in these forums. I would suggest stepping away from the computer once in awhile. I have to go myself now to be with my family, but I'll check back in a few days. See if you can come up with an intelligent response without name calling.

cartervj:
1.) So death panes are real...show me the language in Obamacare, the law, that creates death panels. I'll wait here while you go find that. They don't exist. I'm not saying the law is good. But arguing that it creates death panels, when it clearly doesn't, takes away from the sane criticisms that actually have a chance of getting the law changed.
2.) Of course, unemployment numbers are fake. That's the only explanation. Is the stock market, DJIA fake too? Because as I'm sure you know those are up quite a bit.

boney fingers:
1.) Sarah Palin believes death panels are real and global warming is fake. Anyone who has been duck hunting for more than a decade can tell you about how seasons have been extended into late January (when in most places they used to be late December), and ducks are not migrating as far or as fast, how much more mild the winters have gotten, etc.

2.) I don't care what John McCain would do. The question was about the tea party. A majority of the tea party is against cutting defense spending.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
cartervj:
1.) So death panes are real...show me the language in Obamacare, the law, that creates death panels. I'll wait here while you go find that. They don't exist. I'm not saying the law is good. But arguing that it creates death panels, when it clearly doesn't, takes away from the sane criticisms that actually have a chance of getting the law changed.
2.) Of course, unemployment numbers are fake. That's the only explanation. Is the stock market, DJIA fake too? Because as I'm sure you know those are up quite a bit.

Howard Dean says so , yeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhoweeeeeeeee :hammer:

yes the market is up, kinda what happens when the Fed pumps 80 billion a month in, now is that real money or not

it's obvious you're one of those useful folks the left uses :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum