Racism

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Racism

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Racism is alive and well in America. The real question is who fosters and practices it today. Affirmative Action is clearly racist. Who are its biggest proponents? Why do they feel minorities cannot compete? The proponents are the primary racists of today.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am


Re: Racism

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Obviously you are a racist for bringing this up. Only people of color get to preach to others on race issues. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Racism

Postby assateague » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Racism is not a negative word. It has no negative connotations whatsoever, it is merely a descriptor. When it is used for negative things, those negative things are what should be attacked, not the racism.

It simply means to do something based on race. However, since there's absolutely no "real" definition of race, it's pointless. Is someone black who has 2 black parents? Is someone black who has a black great great great great great great great great great great grandfather? There are no "degrees" to it, technically, so to even say "it depends on race" is silly.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Racism

Postby Andy W » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 am

wanapasaki wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:guys, TheSkunk was previously banned AdienK....he's gone.


:clapping: What do you think will be his new Alias? Bets anyone?

Let me think about that........
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: Racism

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:56 am

gunnydman wrote:
assateague wrote:Racism is not a negative word. It has no negative connotations whatsoever, it is merely a descriptor. When it is used for negative things, those negative things are what should be attacked, not the racism.

It simply means to do something based on race. However, since there's absolutely no "real" definition of race, it's pointless. Is someone black who has 2 black parents? Is someone black who has a black great great great great great great great great great great grandfather? There are no "degrees" to it, technically, so to even say "it depends on race" is silly.


Sorry I disagree.
If one (white) is accused of racism, the lawyers start the court filings, the slander starts, and the witch hunt starts.
It obviously has been ingrained as a kneejerk epithet to call any white that values logic, common sense, tribalism or even genetic survival over favoritism to one of a different race and is being used for victimhood purposes $$$$$.

The photo below is very provacative and I dont know what to make of it, but I cant argue with the logic either..



I'm not saying that that's not what it has become, I'm saying that that's what it factually IS.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Racism

Postby Bloke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:58 am

Being Caucasian is an unfair advantage in life, thus you must be held back a little so it is fair to the rest of the world. Just as having a good job with benefits is, they will now remove those and put you on the same playing field as the people who sit home everyday doing nothing to better themselves. We must make everyone equal to the person who has absolutely no ambition to do anything except sit on the porch drinking 40's and selling drugs. To question this would be racist and to resist the conformity would also be racist. Why on earth would you resist the dumbing down of the entire productive working community so that the irresponsible, lazy, misguided, bastard leeches can be on the same level as you? It is called equal opportunity, human rights, non-discrimination, and political correctness. Funny most of those terms are related to workplace environments, when in fact they shape our society for the non working and enable the "disadvantaged" to stay just that. That is exactly what the "disadvantaged" want. As soon as they are no longer disadvantaged, that means they would have to get up every moning and go to work. They would have to listen in school and give an effort. They would have to be responsible and pay bills, raise children, work at relationships to keep their household together instead of fathering 5 illegitimates, stay off the street corner and out of the revolving door that is the court system, having babies to get more benefits. Our governement has made it entirely too easy to do nothing and be rewarded for it and us as working middle class responsible adults all look like chumps for letting it happen. :fingerhead: "steps off soapbox"
Make sure their toe nails are wet
User avatar
Bloke
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Kinston, NC

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:32 am

gunnydman wrote:But whenever the word WHITE is mentioned as it relates to race, politics or interests, it is immediately shut down. Im not sure why.
We have our own history, but it is not taught, nor are our interests being promoted, in fact the opposite is true.
No "we" don't have our own history and that is the biggest advantage that "we" have. For most white Americans alive, they grew up with no memory of segregation or and worst mistreatment of minorities. We had our heroes, for lack of a better word, that could be of any race and never even thought about their race. My hands down favorite Yankee was Reggie Jackson. My favorite Steelers include Franco Harris and Lynn Swann. And nobody I was around ever thought about their race.

Just to show how far off the radar race is for me, being a life long Yankee fan, it had never crossed my mind that A-Rod was hispanic. I mean with a name like Rodriguez, who would have thought. Never particularly liked him, but when his recent scandal came up, he mentioned his Hispanicness at a press briefing :rolleyes: And I went, oh yeah, he is isn't he. Seriously.

For most of the rest that are old enough to remember, it didn't leave lasting scars.

God help us if the majority starts thinking like that. We've seen like what that leads to.

Not only should talk of race be immediately shutdown when it is about white. It should be immediately shutdown when talking of any other American.

Either it matters or it does not matter.

It does NOT matter. Not to anyone that is not Image in the head.

And yes, there are a lot of people Image in the head because they have been horribly mistreated by someone else that is Image in the head.

I give an example that I am familiar with of how it happens. My Dad used to work with a guy who was a former gold gloves champ. I don't remember his weight class but he was not very big. When he was young, his single-mom was broke and could only afford a place in a black neighborhood. He used to get his ass kicked regularly because he was white by kids that were clearly Image in the head. So he learned to fight and clearly learned to fight very well. However, it left him Image in the head. He ended up broke and working construction and with a burning hatred for black people. When he was on a job site in the city and he'd see a black guy with a white woman, he'd goad them until they would start a fight with him. Hey, whose this little jackass white guy anyways. Image

Martin Luther King, Jr. had it spot on with his dream where people are not judged by their skin color. For the race hustlers, Democrat machine, and the power hunger it is a nightmare if people ever do that and they work very hard to ensure that they keep as many people as possible Image in the head so they can benefit financially and politically.

The answer is not for more white people to be Image in the head. The answer is for white, black, hispanic, asian, native american, ... to judge people not by their skin color, not those like them and not those different than them. Race does NOT matter unless you are Image in the head. When that is the universal message. Then we are on the right track. Until then, the race hustlers and the political scumbags will continue there destructive ways.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby Bloke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 am

SpinnerMan wrote:The answer is not for more white people to be in the head. The answer is for white, black, hispanic, asian, native american, ... to judge people not by their skin color, not those like them and not those different than them. Race does NOT matter unless you are in the head. When that is the universal message. Then we are on the right track. Until then, the race hustlers and the political scumbags will continue there destructive ways.

That sounds nice and all but when you have the majority of an entire race that is loyally following the likes of the NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and believe that they represent their best interests then you are dealing with a terribly misguided people. When you have 3 generations of people that blame their positions in life and shortcomings on "suppression" or "the man" instead of taking responsibility then there is nothing you or I can do for them. They have seen that they can exploit this and do it well. They indoctrinate their children from birth for the sole purpose of justifying the way they live. Until that cycle is broken, things will never change. Racism exists today because of the fact that it is exploited for personal gain, and the disdain of the exploiters for that very action.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
User avatar
Bloke
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Kinston, NC

Re: Racism

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 am

While I agree with many of the points made, the one with which I least do is the concept of "white culture and history". For me, white is a catch-all category that I mainly use when filling out forms. I am 1/2 Italian and the rest is several other European nationalities. The culture I identify most closely with is Italian (with a north Jersey emphasis :biggrin: ). I share little with English, German or other European cultures. I suspect this idea is also true with many so called "minority" groups. The problem is less the absence of an emphasis on white culture than it is the other groups over-emphasizing their own cultures, especially when theirs has been stolen by virtue of past slavery or erased by the passage of time, and they have simply made one up to replace it with, in order to increase an otherwise lacking sense of self worth, I can only assume. Compared to a sheet of office paper, my skin is certainly not white, and I see very few people of African descent who have skin that is truly black. Our colors are closer to each other's than it is to the extremes used as labels. It is the labels that are the cause of our disharmony, whether they are used by racists or by those pushing affirmative action issues. We need less labels, not more.
RustyGunz1960
hunter
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Little Egg Harbor

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:09 am

Bloke wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:The answer is not for more white people to be in the head. The answer is for white, black, hispanic, asian, native american, ... to judge people not by their skin color, not those like them and not those different than them. Race does NOT matter unless you are in the head. When that is the universal message. Then we are on the right track. Until then, the race hustlers and the political scumbags will continue there destructive ways.

That sounds nice and all but when you have the majority of an entire race that is loyally following the likes of the NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and believe that they represent their best interests then you are dealing with a terribly misguided people. When you have 3 generations of people that blame their positions in life and shortcomings on "suppression" or "the man" instead of taking responsibility then there is nothing you or I can do for them. They have seen that they can exploit this and do it well. They indoctrinate their children from birth for the sole purpose of justifying the way they live. Until that cycle is broken, things will never change. Racism exists today because of the fact that it is exploited for personal gain, and the disdain of the exploiters for that very action.

So you agree. White people shouldn't worry about being white. The answer is that black people stop thinking that their skin color matters because it doesn't matter unless you have mental issues. I have no doubt that there is a lot of PTSD or whatever it is that creates the paranoia and mistrust. If you are abused and mistreated by someone and then you start working with their twin brother, the brain is just not going to allow you to trust that person even if he is a saint. But the twin is not responsible for the sins of his brothers. The issue is with you and not with the brother. He doesn't have to accommodate you. You must figure out how to get over your issues and work with him. I do think we are saying essentially the same thing.

White people should remain liberated of the burden of race and we work to do the same for blacks. Of course, liberals always want to spread the suffering and not solve the problem.

Walter Williams rights a lot of insightful stuff on the topic.

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2013/08/21/progressives-and-blacks-n1667942/page/full
Sometimes I wonder when black people will reject the patronizing insults of white progressives and their black handmaidens. After CNN's Piers Morgan's interview with the key witness in the George Zimmerman trial, he said: "Rachel Jeantel is not uneducated. She's a smart cookie." That's a remarkable conclusion. Here's a 19-year-old young lady, still in high school, who cannot read cursive and appears to be barely literate. Morgan may have meant Jeantel is smart -- for a black person.


Progressives treat blacks as victims in need of kid glove treatment and special favors, such as racial quotas and preferences. This approach has been tried in education for decades and has revealed itself a failure. I say it's time we explore other approaches. One approach is suggested by sports. Blacks excel -- perhaps dominate is a better word -- in sports such as basketball, football and boxing to such an extent that blacks are 80 percent of professional basketball players, are 66 percent of professional football players and, for decades, have dominated most professional boxing categories.


In sports, when have you heard a coach explain or excuse a black player's poor performance by blaming it on a "legacy of slavery" or on that player's being raised in a single-parent household? When have you heard sports standards called racist or culturally biased? I have yet to hear a player, much less a coach, speak such nonsense.


When black Americans finally recognize the harm of the progressive agenda, I'm betting they will be the nation's most conservative people, for who else has been harmed by progressivism as much?

But that is just never going to happen. Look at Detroit. The Democrats have sold the victim mentality and the hopelessness that comes with it, so no education, crime, drugs, corruptions, and poverty are just the way it is.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby Bloke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 am

We are in agreement, but I also think that there is genuine hate and disdain from blacks against whites that is perpetuated due to their culture. They preach and march, when they themselves are the ones creating it. As you said Progressive organizations assist them in thinking that they are oppressed, just look at Voter ID. How does needing an ID to vote give a disadvantage to minorities? It is just as easy for them to attain an ID as it is anyone else, and free might I add, but they honestly believe it suppresses their voting capabilities only because some Liberal said it did. They do not realize that the above statement is basically saying they are not smart enough to go get a dang ID. I also believe the PTSD you speak of is only present in the affected person, not generations after the fact. People that never knew a slave are psychologically scarred because a distant descendant worked on a farm for a white man? If that is the case then why are they not phsychologically scarred against their own people for selling them to the white man in the first place? Or against the "head negro" that kept them in their place on the farm? It is all a fallacy and cherry picked history to take advantage of the feeble minded. I genuinely believe that the majority of minority folks that hear the tripe that comes out of the mouths of progressives know they are being represented as idiots and that is what bothers me the most. They would rather be portrayed as subordinant and keep the status quo than to provide for themselves and earn their keep. This rather new culture that is the welfare state has no ambition to change a single thing because the change lies with them. The problem with that is they hold us all back as a society, at some point you have to make that decision for them.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
User avatar
Bloke
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Kinston, NC

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 am

Bloke wrote:We are in agreement, but I also think that there is genuine hate and disdain from blacks against whites that is perpetuated due to their culture.
I don't believe their culture is perpetual. It is a creation of the race hustlers and Democrat establishment trying to create an impenetrable power base of poverty.

If the Republicans want to make in roads, and I think they should. I think the answer is not to pander to dependency. I think it is invest in education without any motivation other than education. If we education these communities as we should, you will never see these areas where they get Saddam Hussein and Fidel Castro levels of support. You will create a mobile society that is not stuck in crime, violence, and ignorance.

Image

The key to Republican victory is education and prosperity.

The key to Democrat victory is poor education (or over education :huh: ) and poverty.

They have got a rock solid lock on keeping a large fraction of the minority community in poverty and extremely loyal voters.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby Bloke » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:02 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I think it is invest in education without any motivation other than education.


I agree 100%, however they currently have the same opportunity as everyone else if not more. You cannot make them take advantage of their educational opportunities. So why is it that they continue down the same path as their parents? Why is it that Caucasian and Asians graduate at significantly higher rates?
http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/seind12/c1/c1s4.htm

I contend it is the culture. It is the not having a role model, a father to kick you in the butt, a stable 2 parent household. It is the hip hop, kill da ni**a gangster rap worshipping. It is the gangs instead of families. That is their culture, it is their choice to live that way. You cannot change that. If you had a mother who struggled, dropped out of school, did not know your father, sat around home and did nothing but live on the dole, would that not be motivation to do the best you possibly could? Poverty is not the issue, your education is free so why would you not take full advantage of it unless they are being taught that maybe it isn't so bad to sit home and stick it to the man. I believe it is a new emerging culture that we will see continuously grow until there is some accountability for the social programs that are offered. Why not drug test? Why not have employment programs that are more than just paper shuffling? It doesn't take a degree to pick up trash on the road or clean government buildings. Why not prosecute people who take advantage of the system and take away their benefits for good? It has become Taboo and racist to talk about Welfare reform. Instead of empowering those in need, we have a system that rewards with no limits or strings attached.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
User avatar
Bloke
hunter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 pm
Location: Kinston, NC

Re: Racism

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:02 pm

This is the funniest thread I've seen on this site yet. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Racism

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Apparently, Aiden made it back quicker than expected.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Bloke wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I think it is invest in education without any motivation other than education.


I agree 100%, however they currently have the same opportunity as everyone else if not more. You cannot make them take advantage of their educational opportunities. So why is it that they continue down the same path as their parents? Why is it that Caucasian and Asians graduate at significantly higher rates?
If you went to those hellholes they call a school, your graduation rates would be pathetic. If you had every "leader" telling you that even though they made it, you cannot, your graduation rate would be pathetic. The race hustlers and Democrat establishment work very hard to convince them they deserve no more than the hell hole they live in and how hopeless and pointless it would be to bust your ass in school since it wouldn't matter anyways. It took generations to create the culture of hopelessness and dependency. It will take a long time to undo it, but do you really think the political establishment in Detroit, Chicago, etc. are going to let that happen. :no:

Bloke wrote:I contend it is the culture. It is the not having a role model, a father to kick you in the butt, a stable 2 parent household. It is the hip hop, kill da ni**a gangster rap worshipping. It is the gangs instead of families. That is their culture, it is their choice to live that way. You cannot change that.
I see the same thing happening where I come from and it's white and semi-rural. That is what the it's hopeless, don't grow up and be self-sufficient, poor education, etc. leads to regardless of the skin color. And clearly it can change because it did change. This was not always the culture. This has been created in the last few generations.

Bloke wrote:your education is free so why would you not take full advantage of it unless they are being taught that maybe it isn't so bad to sit home and stick it to the man.
Or you are taught that it is pointless, you can't do it.

I'm Barack Obama. I'm a black man, raised by a single mother. I made and I am here to tell you that you CANNOT do it too. I must disorganize your community because you cannot do it without me. The entire message is that you cannot do it.

Then the schools just let them pass from grade to grade without mastering the minimum skills. Who runs the schools? A Democrat loyal group or an evil-Republican affiliated group. Minimum wage forces the lowest skilled and youngest out of work and this has a huge disparate impact on minorities. Who pushes to price these higher minimum wages that disparately price the minority out of the market? Democrats that need the minorities unemployed or the Republicans that fight against dependency as an option. Crime and corruption are controlled by the local police and who controls them in the minority communities? Detroit, Chicago, DC, etc. have been under the absolute control of the Democrats for generations. If you do start to work and make money, does the system penalize you by taking away your benefits making it seem pointless to try to work since you are netting almost nothing. Would you work a crappy job if you net almost nothing because the government punishes you by taking your benefits away. And who creates these huge penalties. Again the Democrats create these means tested poverty traps.

The community destroyers have been selling hopelessness and doing everything they can to make sure that the environment seems hopeless. Once they got you, they are going to do everything they can to keep you. The same thing is happening in many poor white communities. They just took longer because it was a harder sell than it was with black people that truly were mistreated and discriminated against and had no way to blend in like the Irish or any other group.

Bloke wrote:Instead of empowering those in need, we have a system that rewards with no limits or strings attached.
And financially punishes anyone that tries to work their way up from the bottom.

It takes a lot of time and effort to create an impenetrable political power base of poverty.

Destroy the schools. Destroy law enforcement. Let the criminals out ASAP. Create strong disincentives to work. Create strong disincentives to get married. And then just late human nature take its course.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:32 pm

gunnydman wrote:Why cant whites celebrate our culture and gifts to mankind?
Why cant Germany be proud that its people invented Beer, The Car, Submarine, Flight, Gas, Diesel, Flight, The Rocket, X Ray, Computer, MP3, Mauser Design, AK 47 Design STG, Most of the worlds finest dogs? et al
This is a nation the size of Arizona.

Because once they started celebrating their "whiteness" they also invented the holocaust and had their country destroyed :thumbsup:

Had they continued to celebrate what the Jews and all other minorities had done equally, they would not have end up getting their country destroyed and a large chunk of it under the control of the Soviet for generations. Instead of death and misery, they would have continued contributing positively, but they decided race mattered and they ended up Image in the head, just like anyone that thinks it matters because it does not. Germany is the perfect example of how bad of an idea that is.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 pm

So your argument is that it worked out well for Germany? :huh:

Pretty simple point. Germany was a great country. Then they got absorbed in the race thing and within relatively short order their country was destroyed and a large fraction had to suffer under the Soviets for generations. Just imagine what they could have done, but the U.S. will be forever in their debt for all the German Jews that immigrated her and contributed so profoundly.

Terrible example for the U.S. to follow.

BTW, since I'm pretty sure you are on the wrong side of the bell curve to have an intelligent discussion :hi:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Racism

Postby Andy W » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:42 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Because once they started celebrating their "whiteness" they also invented the holocaust and had their country destroyed

That fell on deaf nazi ears.
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests