Whose Behind Multi Culturalism?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Whose Behind Multi Culturalism?

Postby ohioboy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:57 pm

do tell.

i am talking about this in grad school. give me some good (gold) nuggets.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Why? I don't think you can handle the truth.... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Why? I don't think you can handle the truth.... :wink:

coonass has not been discussed yet, but would be interesting to bring up. i will see if i can work it in to the discussion. we have been talking about stereotypes a lot, and negative names associated with some groups. i think coonass would count. you might see it as a positive or as a point of pride, but to an outsider it is pretty odd.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:18 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Why? I don't think you can handle the truth.... :wink:

coonass has not been discussed yet, but would be interesting to bring up. i will see if i can work it in to the discussion. we have been talking about stereotypes a lot, and negative names associated with some groups. i think coonass would count. you might see it as a positive or as a point of pride, but to an outsider it is pretty odd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coonass

The way I hear it, Coonass was a derogatory word for the swamp people, meaning "dirtier that a coon's ass" (coon refering to a creole/negro). John Folse's cookbooks have an extensive history on this fact.

The cajuns kept to themselves and spoke broken cajun/french, lived way back in the swamps on houseboats, and only came to town infrequently to buy supplies and trade furs, fish and spanish moss. They were superstisious by nature, and suspicious of town folk. Language barriers did not help and often they needed interpreters to trade. Coonasses rather the indians than town folk.

Nowadays, it's a badge of honor now and part of our heritage.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 pm

damn near everyone in bayou country has a "camp" somewhere...fishing camp, hunting camp...whatever. Long history of being "at the camp" here. It is in my heritage, and I absolutely LOVE going to the camp! Matter of fact, we leave out before dawn next thursday for our opener on Saturday. We are staying for about 9 days.

2 things though in the bayou-never mess with another man's traps or lines, and don't mess with another man's camp.

There have been people killed for doing both.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:42 pm

another one that paints the picture...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:28 am

Seems to me that multiculturalism is a result not a goal.

Geography, distance, isolation, religion, and ethnicity all play a part.

I don't believe that there is anyone behind it guiding it at all. It just happens here like it happens elsewhere when folks have the ability to em/immigrate or develop local color.

Of course, it might be Obama's fault. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 am

The thread title should be "Who's...", not "Whose..."

Our education system at work.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby vincentpa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 am

slowshooter wrote:Seems to me that multiculturalism is a result not a goal.

I don't believe that there is anyone behind it guiding it at all. It just happens here like it happens elsewhere when folks have the ability to em/immigrate or develop local color.

Multiculturalism is crap. It is the attempt by liberals to create permanent interest groups with grievances to help liberals further their left wing agenda, right Mr. Aggrieved Hispanic?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:21 am

assateague wrote:The thread title should be "Who's...", not "Whose..."

Our education system at work.

you are aware i did not start this thread, right?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:38 am

Not his fault by any means; but it has served him well.
Multiculturalism simply is a left wing construct devised in the late '50s to open the American door to leftist radicalism. Europe had the "commoners" who could be radicalized to overthrow a king. Since we did not have this system the American left focused on "aggrieved groups," or anyone on the KKK's 1920s list: Blacks (since Reconstruction); Catholics; Jews; & Indios (aka "Hispanics"). As each group fought for better treatment liberals formed the groups that would help (such as La Raza). Feeding on their anger the libs essentially said "bring it all down." They sought to "bring down" not only the dominant WASP culture, but also the political/economic "culture" that seemed - in their eyes - to prop up the WASPs. And if the Constitution seemed to the radicals to prop up WASP culture, then it, too, must go.

All of this the libs want to replace with an harmonious Utopia that would resemble Cuba more than the U.S. The dirty secret that they don't tell you is that one of their "aggrieved groups" will run the show.

Hablan Uds. espanol?
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:48 pm

vincentpa wrote:

Multiculturalism is crap. It is the attempt by liberals to create permanent interest groups with grievances to help liberals further their left wing agenda, right Mr. Aggrieved Hispanic?

I'm going to sue you. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 pm

macdaddy wrote:

Multiculturalism simply is a left wing construct devised in the late '50s to open the American door to leftist radicalism. Europe had the "commoners" who could be radicalized to overthrow a king. Since we did not have this system the American left focused on "aggrieved groups," or anyone on the KKK's 1920s list: Blacks (since Reconstruction); Catholics; Jews; & Indios (aka "Hispanics"). As each group fought for better treatment liberals formed the groups that would help (such as La Raza). Feeding on their anger the libs essentially said "bring it all down." They sought to "bring down" not only the dominant WASP culture, but also the political/economic "culture" that seemed - in their eyes - to prop up the WASPs. And if the Constitution seemed to the radicals to prop up WASP culture, then it, too, must go.

All of this the libs want to replace with an harmonious Utopia that would resemble Cuba more than the U.S. The dirty secret that they don't tell you is that one of their "aggrieved groups" will run the show.

Hablan Uds. espanol?

LOL! I guess when you're bored it's good to think up conspiracies to fuel the anger brought on by insecurity. Or flat out crazy.

Don't worry. When all the brown people take over... Free health care! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:30 pm

slowshooter wrote:
macdaddy wrote:

Hablan Uds. espanol?

LOL! I guess when you're bored it's good to think up conspiracies to fuel the anger brought on by insecurity. Or flat out crazy.

Don't worry. When all the brown people take over... Free health care! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

An historical fact is not a crazy conspiracy, slow. Your leftie votes advance a very real agendum. There is a La Raza; as well as an Urban League. There is also the Campaign For Human Development of the United States Catholic Conference. Never did I say it's a conspiracy - that's your word. It is a consensus amongst folks who feel "aggrieved." The only conspiracy - if one exists - is that one political party that brings them together.

"Free" healthcare is not free. It's expensive - and paid for by raping hardworking people like me. Don't know about you but I work for a living. I'd like to keep some. You stay in your California workers' paradise w/ Gov. Moonbeam Brown. Enjoy, slow!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
macdaddy
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm

NOT CATHOLICS???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Hey, there's also an Aryan Nation, Tea Party and KU KLUX KLAN. No one listens to them either.

:lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Every country has had its share of multiculturalism for millennia before this one was even founded. Whenever the Turks, Romans, French, Portuguese, Mongols, Celts, Norse, Germanic tribes, etc., etc., decided to take over some new land they always left a thumbprint culturally and biologically.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 pm

If you are truly American you believe in monoculturism with acceptance for all under that umbrella. Multicturism is a very divisive term
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:51 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Every country has had its share of multiculturalism for millennia before this one was even founded. Whenever the Turks, Romans, French, Portuguese, Mongols, Celts, Norse, Germanic tribes, etc., etc., decided to take over some new land they always left a thumbprint culturally and biologically.

bingo
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Tut tut my good man... It's clearly a liberal plot cooked up by scalawags and those of a bad sort. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 am

slowshooter wrote:Tut tut my good man... It's clearly a liberal plot cooked up by scalawags and those of a bad sort. :lol3:

Step 1: bait;

Step 2: insult - and giggle;

Step 3: resort to deft and clever insults - and giggle;

Step 4: resort to condescending sarcasm - and giggle.

Hey, slow - you've reached Step 4!! You're right up there mit Kaiser Wilhelm II!
Gott mit...du? Ja?

No - not an intervention, m' man. Heh, heh, heh - now you've got me giggling!!
macdaddy
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:03 am

macdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote:Tut tut my good man... It's clearly a liberal plot cooked up by scalawags and those of a bad sort. :lol3:

Step 1: bait;

Step 2: insult - and giggle;

Step 3: resort to deft and clever insults - and giggle;

Step 4: resort to condescending sarcasm - and giggle.

Hey, slow - you've reached Step 4!! You're right up there mit Kaiser Wilhelm II!
Gott mit...du? Ja?

No - not an intervention, m' man. Heh, heh, heh - now you've got me giggling!!

This is an effective retort because there are no right wing posts which fit your description
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Every country has had its share of multiculturalism for millennia before this one was even founded. Whenever the Turks, Romans, French, Portuguese, Mongols, Celts, Norse, Germanic tribes, etc., etc., decided to take over some new land they always left a thumbprint culturally and biologically.

bingo

But has there ever been a stable nation where there was more than one dominant culture? Serious question.

Subculture is not a different culture. I'm PA Dutch. That is an American subculture. Irish, Italian, Polish, etc. There are a lot of American subcultures here in the Chicagoland area. All part of the melting pot where if you are in the center of these subcultures, they are clear, but at the edges they are blurry, and the individuals move outside of these subcultures and fit in just fine.

It's when people in these subcultures cannot fit in the bigger culture that there are problems, especially for them since it so limits their option for them and their family. This is how you get these ghettos with generational poverty. They are not choosing to live in this culture. Going outside of it is too difficult. First generation immigrants often were limited to their community. Second generation went easily between both and by third generation, they had melted fully and may even feel uncomfortable in the immigrant community. That's how it should work. If not, there is a big problem with the culture. It is harming the people that are part of it.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:

bingo

But has there ever been a stable nation where there was more than one dominant culture? Serious question.

Subculture is not a different culture. I'm PA Dutch. That is an American subculture. Irish, Italian, Polish, etc. There are a lot of American subcultures here in the Chicagoland area. All part of the melting pot where if you are in the center of these subcultures, they are clear, but at the edges they are blurry, and the individuals move outside of these subcultures and fit in just fine.

It's when people in these subcultures cannot fit in the bigger culture that there are problems, especially for them since it so limits their option for them and their family. This is how you get these ghettos with generational poverty. They are not choosing to live in this culture. Going outside of it is too difficult. First generation immigrants often were limited to their community. Second generation went easily between both and by third generation, they had melted fully and may even feel uncomfortable in the immigrant community. That's how it should work. If not, there is a big problem with the culture. It is harming the people that are part of it.

Bingo.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 am

SpinnerMan wrote: .....But has there ever been a stable nation where there was more than one dominant culture? Serious question.....

I totally agree with your writing on subcultures so ill hit on this part...

As far as history goes, our country is still a baby. How long did the Roman empire reign? Pretty sure it wasn't Latin and spaghetti for everyone within its boarders. That is going to happen when you take over a country with a different culture. New Mexico is a prime example. It is a state but it officially held on to its Mexican culture.

Our country is different in that it wasn't very long ago that three different European nations settled it and pushed aside the stone aged inhabitants that were here before us. That's why we still have a lot of Spanish in the southwest and French in Louisiana. There will always be little chunks of ethnic diversity spread across the country and that's not a bad thing. I hope that there will always be a little Italy in New York, a China town in San Francisco, French spoken in the bayous, German in Pennsylvania, Spanish in the southwest, and Scandinavian in Minnesota. It's a living record of our history.

Should those languages be taught in public schools? Absofarckinlutely not! English is our official language and is the only one that our schools should be teaching. If you want to hang on to your ethnic culture, fine, but do it on your own time. The police should not have to know a foreign language, the DMV should only have to carry one book, and we shouldn't have to press #1 for English.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:32 am

Comparing Rome to the US is not proper. Rome was an empire. It subjugated the other ethnicities within its borders and kept them in line with brutal, unrepentant force.
vincentpa
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum