Obamacare, the Worst that Money Can Buy

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 am

Yep...

As I reflect on all the emails that I received, it is readily apparent that numerous healthcare professionals understand precisely what is wrong with the current system.

So, how come none of the numerous existing problems were fixed?

Five Reasons Obamacare Legislation Failed

1. Lobbyists wrote the ACA legislation. When Nancy Pelosi stated "We have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it", she was referring to you , me, and Congress. An extremely tiny number of people knew what was in the bill: lobbyists for hospitals, lobbyists for insurance companies, lobbyists for HMOs, and lobbyists for major pharmaceutical companies.
2. President Obama was more concerned about his legacy than anything else. He wanted Obamacare at any and all costs and was willing to sign any piece of legislation, no matter how poor.
3. Politicians in general do not have the public's vested interest in mind. They have their own reelection efforts in mind. That statement holds true regardless of which political party you support.
4. Lobbyists and industry PACs donate massive amounts of money to politicians from both parties. That is why we do not allow drug imports from Canada. That is why there is an explicit law that prevents government from bargaining with drug companies on prescription drugs. That is why the US pays the highest drug costs and highest healthcare costs of any nation on the planet.
5. Republicans for the most part were more concerned over stopping Obamacare than improving the healthcare of citizens of the United States. The irony here is Obamacre is essentially the same as Romneycare.

So here we are, stuck with the worst legislation imaginable.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/10/putting-patient-in-drivers-seat-five.html
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Obamacare, the Worst that Money Can Buy

Postby wanapasaki » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:18 am

I'll let ya know how it pans out.. You know... Being unemployed and such :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

wanapasaki wrote:I'll let ya know how it pans out.. You know... Being unemployed and such :lol3:

Gonna pay for it or take the penalty?

Or I guess get it subsidized since you don't have income...
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:09 pm

If you are unemployed you won't have to file taxes, or will you? If there is no tax return there is no way for the IRS to collect the fine. You can not sign up and never pay the fine while unemployed, unless of course you have to file and have a return coming to you.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 pm

And the IRS can only fine you if you have a tax refund, not if you owe taxes on April 15. No doubt The One will correct this mistake or typo from the bill because people will quickly figure out that by claiming many exemptions and owing at tax time effectively prevents you from having to pay the fine...er...tax...or whatever the hack decided it was.

This is what we get with the leadership of one party rule, which is what we had at the time. No other ideas or approaches to improve or fix our healthcare system were considered. Remember it was the man-child who said during so called negotiations with Republicans on the bill- I won, you lost, we will do it my way. :rolleyes:

Ah, now that is bipartisan for you. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Obamacare architect Ezekiel Emanuel, a former adviser to the Obama White House, admitted today that, if Democrats have their way, the individual insurance market is going away.

“Insurance companies don’t want, insurance companies don’t want the individual market as it’s constructed. They see the future. That individual market is going away. They don’t want to invest in it.”

That was their plan all along.

Remember, Insurance company lobbyists wrote Obamacare.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum