Why are hunters bashing "Duck Dynasty hunters"

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Why are hunters bashing

Postby go get the bird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:34 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:Since I am 19 I do all the driving.

Sent from my PH-2

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You are more 19 than you realize.

:lol3:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 am

I want to hear the details of the fight with the skybusters.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 am

I'm joining this late....but back to the topic..
I don't hate the DD guys...I do watch the show when I stumble on it. I'm still waiting to see some duck hunting?? :huh:
But here's what I do hate:

1) The glory their disciples give them for shooting a ton of birds (which you never see on the show) on their own privately managed land. They make it out like these guys are scouring the state, tracking flocks with expert knowledge and decoy placement to be on the X....when in reality, they rotate private fields that are so heavily planted and maintained, they are basically baited...then add fresh water and no competition...really?? They would be out there in blaze orange with flare guns and kill birds with that set up.
2) I hate anything hick or hillbilly...worse yet, I hate when people glorify it or want to be it...Overweight, big beard, poor grammar and ice tea??? That's it? That's what you aspire to?
3) I hate the way they whore themselves out and somehow have been elected to represent us?!?!
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am

xtrema13 wrote:So a group something like this? Image
Because I promise you we put more birds on the ground then you. We ONLY shoot decoying birds. Absolutely hate sky busters. We have even got in fights over it. We wake up at 2am and beat people to our public blind fair and square. Please continue...

Sent from my PH-2

Cool pic, but where are the other birds to fill your limit?
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 pm

xtrema13 wrote: .....Because I promise you we put more birds on the ground then you....

THEN if you kill more birds THAN me how come there are 4 hunters and 8 birds? So you kill 2 ducks? GREAT! I shoot 2 at a time out of puddles in my back yard when the snow melts. And are you accompanied by an adult when you hunt? If not, you are breaking the law. If you would have posted just the picture, I would have given you props because those are full colored birds and a good bunch of hunters. But when you call someone out, expect the rest of everyone to fire back. Once you have a job, limited income, and a family, you will hopefully realize that hunting is a lot more THAN just killing birds.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 pm

xtrema13 wrote:We ONLY shoot decoying birds.
So if a wood duck buzzes you, you don't shoot it. That's pretty silly.

Sure that duck is 20 yards away, but it's not decoying. DON'T SHOOT!

I prefer decoying birds, but if a duck or goose flies by inside 40, I will gladly shoot it. My guess is you guys do the same.

I wish I had a place to do it and still had a dog to do it with :sad: but I love jump shooting. Hiking miles of shorelines with the dog at heal, sneaking around every corner looking for them where they hide.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Re: Why are hunters bashing "Duck Dynasty hunters"

Postby xtrema13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:42 pm

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
xtrema13 wrote: .....Because I promise you we put more birds on the ground then you....

THEN if you kill more birds THAN me how come there are 4 hunters and 8 birds? So you kill 2 ducks? GREAT! I shoot 2 at a time out of puddles in my back yard when the snow melts. And are you accompanied by an adult when you hunt? If not, you are breaking the law. If you would have posted just the picture, I would have given you props because those are full colored birds and a good bunch of hunters. But when you call someone out, expect the rest of everyone to fire back. Once you have a job, limited income, and a family, you will hopefully realize that hunting is a lot more THAN just killing birds.

We arn't breaking the law. Like I just said, I'm 19.

Sent from my PH-2
xtrema13
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:46 pm

And obviously we are on minimum income. We are all still in school and I'm a poor college student.

Sent from my PH-2
xtrema13
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:20 pm

vincentpa wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Drakenstien wrote:I have seen many people on this forum and other forums bashing the new flock of hunters due to the show Duck Dynasty. Why is this a big deal, I thought the goal was to get more people into hunting?

I would also like to see the duck stamp numbers for the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Poaching
-Breaking laws such as killing too many species, pelicans, hawks, and so on...
-Kids in the marsh referring to one another as Jack and Boy.
-New commers sneaking up on my decoys, realizing they are decoys, then hunting off of them.
-Skybusters, party blower callers, pro staffers, "experts," crews, teams, and kids wearing camo all the time now.
-Ignorant hunters wearing orange, shooting early and late, shooting without plugs, killing too many and so on...

I could go on but they make us look like a joke. A duck hunter is now a prebucent high school child with a painted face and a half grown beard (usually traveling in crews) or an extremely wealthy young guy with a huge boat and truck wearing orange with a lanyard covered in ebay bought bands.

So a group something like this? Image
Because I promise you we put more birds on the ground then you. We ONLY shoot decoying birds. Absolutely hate sky busters. We have even got in fights over it. We wake up at 2am and beat people to our public blind fair and square. Please continue...

Sent from my PH-2

A two bird average is not something to be bragging about much less poking people who regularly limit 5 and 6 guys at a time with. By the way, we don't get up at 2, hunt public lands only, and regularly kill limits. You need to rethink your strategy and buy the kid with the green hat a camo one.

Leave these kids alone. They haven't even reached puberty yet.

I was being nice Vince. I even gave them a tip to help them shoot more birds by getting rid of the goofy looking green hat. That and the kid with the white face needs to camo up! He is throwing the whole DD crew theme off track!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:35 pm

xtrema13 wrote:We arn't breaking the law. Like I just said, I'm 19.

Who can be the first to pick out the 19 year old in the picture?

Do you guys decoy your birds without calls?
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm going for the guy top left....right behind Richie Incognito
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:02 pm

xtrema13 wrote:And obviously we are on minimum income. We are all still in school and I'm a poor college student.

Sent from my PH-2

You were able to afford that excellent autumn wreath from Hobby Lobby though.
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I'm going for the guy top left....right behind Richie Incognito

Nailed it.
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 pm

You mean the one with the highly reflective sunglasses? :lol3:

Brings up another tip. Don't wear reflective sunglasses when duck hunting.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm

WTN10 wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:And obviously we are on minimum income. We are all still in school and I'm a poor college student.

Sent from my PH-2

You were able to afford that excellent autumn wreath from Hobby Lobby though.

Get off his back, WTN. He hasn't taken any budgeting courses in college yet. I can't imagine little Chris Farley, in the bottom left, contributes much in the way of finances, so Mr. Killsalltheducks likely foots the bill for all of the gas and Monsters. It's ok though, the other guys pay him back in high-fives and compliments, such as "dude, you blew the hell out of that hen!"
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby xtrema13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:17 pm

My brother the kid with the white face had a allergic reaction to the face paint. And it's the top right.

Sent from my PH-2
xtrema13
hunter

Postby T Man » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm

xtrema13 wrote:My brother the kid with the white face had a allergic reaction to the face paint. And it's the top right.

Sent from my PH-2

That sucks, he got all the kickass UA gear, and youre stuck with none. Christmas time is coming soon!
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby T Man » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm

T Man wrote:
xtrema13 wrote:My brother the kid with the white face had a allergic reaction to the face paint. And it's the top right.

Sent from my PH-2

That sucks, he got all the kickass UA gear, and youre stuck with none. Christmas time is coming soon!

I see a 5 gallon of paint...get to work.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Burned Cork. Problem solved. Or hypoallergenic face paint. DD should have some for sale at Walmart. Tell your buddy to ditch the glasses.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I'm joining this late....but back to the topic..
I don't hate the DD guys...I do watch the show when I stumble on it. I'm still waiting to see some duck hunting?? :huh:
But here's what I do hate:

1) The glory their disciples give them for shooting a ton of birds (which you never see on the show) on their own privately managed land. They make it out like these guys are scouring the state, tracking flocks with expert knowledge and decoy placement to be on the X....when in reality, they rotate private fields that are so heavily planted and maintained, they are basically baited...then add fresh water and no competition...really?? They would be out there in blaze orange with flare guns and kill birds with that set up.
2) I hate anything hick or hillbilly...worse yet, I hate when people glorify it or want to be it...Overweight, big beard, poor grammar and ice tea??? That's it? That's what you aspire to?
3) I hate the way they whore themselves out and somehow have been elected to represent us?!?!

You forgot #4

4) When hillbillys make so much money doing something that I can only dream of, that they can afford there own private duck fields, while I have to work everyday to try to afford gas to go hunt public ground.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:42 pm

xtrema13 wrote:
JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Drakenstien wrote:I have seen many people on this forum and other forums bashing the new flock of hunters due to the show Duck Dynasty. Why is this a big deal, I thought the goal was to get more people into hunting?

I would also like to see the duck stamp numbers for the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Poaching
-New commers sneaking up on my decoys, realizing they are decoys, then hunting off of them.
-Skybusters, party blower callers, pro staffers, "experts," crews, teams, and kids wearing camo all the time now.
-Ignorant hunters wearing orange, shooting early and late, shooting without plugs, killing too many and so on...

I could go on but they make us look like a joke. A duck hunter is now a prebucent high school child with a painted face and a half grown beard (usually traveling in crews) or an extremely wealthy young guy with a huge boat and truck wearing orange with a lanyard covered in ebay bought bands.

Sent from my PH-2

Nice looking pile of birds, one word of advice though, the picture was enough, callin people out here wont get you far, it only backs up what they are saying. Ive hunted plenty of days that Id have been happy, happy, happy to have that many birds; good job.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I'm going for the guy top left....right behind Richie Incognito

damn it slack, i just spit on my keyboard. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SemoDuck12 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:55 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
-Poaching

^^^^^ comments like that are why older more experienced hunters have the thoughts they have towards younger hunters. Congrats on the birds, but if you would've reread your comment before hitting "post". You might have thought of a better way to word it man.

You have to earn the respect from them, before you get it from em.

Semo
SemoDuck12
hunter

Postby jaegerfisherman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 pm

I think it takes a lot more skill to hunt public ground than private corn fed fields and ponds. Sometimes i think how great it would be to shoot a limit every day but not much challenge there. I think its good kids are hunting. The sport is not going to survive on old guys hunting there own private ground.
jaegerfisherman
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 pm

jaegerfisherman wrote:I think it takes a lot more skill to hunt public ground than private corn fed fields and ponds.
Exactly. Unless you are hunting under the same circumstances, there is no way to know who has more skill. Plus, numbers don't tell the story if you aren't trying to maximize numbers. If those kids only shoot greenheads, their numbers are cut in half, but they are no less skilled. My regular hunting partner and I usually try to work the birds all the way to the water. That costs us a fair number of ducks. So? Another guy at the club, he shoot first pass in range. I don't get the fun in that, but too each his own. :beer:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum