Cuchinelli loses to McAuliffe.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Cuchinelli loses to McAuliffe.

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:04 am

So the Attorney General of Virginia lost.

"That line of attack proved particularly effective in contributing to a yawning and consistent gender gap; exit polls reported McAuliffe won women voters by 51-42 percent."

Either Virginian women think Mcauliffe is super hot... Or they really hate Cuccinelli.

How backward do you have to be to lose an election due to women voting - when you even have "cooch" in your last name? :lol3:

Say hello to the the new Democratic governor of Virginia!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/11/05/243313535/terry-mcauliffe-wins-virginia-governors-race

And here's why it's tough for the Tea Party to move forward.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/how-ken-cuccinelli-blew-it/281156/

:hi:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Cuchinelli loses to McAuliffe.

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 am

Slow,
let me explain it to you S-L-O-W-L-Y. This is very troublesome for Democrats. Ole'Terry ran a total smear campaign. He outspent Ricky Boy 2 to 1. Ole-Terry had 10 to 1 more news stories than Ricky Boy. Ricky Boy was an inept candidate damaged by the RECENT government shutdown and a scandal the current VA governor Bobby M. All this, and Ole'Terry just squeeked by after enjoying a double digit lead in the polls until the last few days! Couple that with the roll out of Barrycare and his plummeting poll numbers. This is baaaaaaaad news for the Dems in the 2014 election. It's even worse news for 2016 if the economy turns south in the meantime. Good luck buddy!
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 am

vincentpa wrote:Slow,
let me explain it to you S-L-O-W-L-Y. This is very troublesome for Democrats. Ole'Terry ran a total smear campaign. He outspent Ricky Boy 2 to 1. Ole-Terry had 10 to 1 more news stories than Ricky Boy. Ricky Boy was an inept candidate damaged by the RECENT government shutdown and a scandal the current VA governor Bobby M. All this, and Ole'Terry just squeeked by after enjoying a double digit lead in the polls until the last few days! Couple that with the roll out of Barrycare and his plummeting poll numbers. This is baaaaaaaad news for the Dems in the 2014 election. It's even worse news for 2016 if the economy turns south in the meantime. Good luck buddy!

The only reason the Ds outspent the Rs in this race is because the Rs wanted nothing to do with Cuccinelli. Are they finally waking up?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 am

I hope so. Americans don't like firebrands anymore. The Republicans, specifically the Tea Party caucus must recognize this. The messenger ends up killing the message.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 am

Looked to me like it was another case of the third party candidate siphoning off the margin of victory. We have seen it many times, and it has impacted both sides. In this case, a vote for the third party was a vote for the democrat hack. Oh well.

But let's not fool ourselves. Virginia is no longer a southern state. The disease called liberalism is spreading from north to south. VA has more in common with the NE libs than constitutional conservatives at this point.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am

Rat Creek wrote:Looked to me like it was another case of the third party candidate siphoning off the margin of victory. We have seen it many times, and it has impacted both sides. In this case, a vote for the third party was a vote for the democrat hack.

I don't think the polling supports this………. Plenty of Virginians were looking for an alternative to Mcauliffe, as well. Probably a wash
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:I don't think the polling supports this………. Plenty of Virginians were looking for an alternative to Mcauliffe, as well. Probably a wash

Polling is dubious at best because it is more about push-polling than information gathering in the modern era.

The results however, indicate otherwise. Dem 48%, Rep 45.5%, Third Party 6.5%. The odds are that almost all the Libertarian vote would go Republican if there were not a Third party candidate. Just as, if there were a Green Party candidate in the race (i.e. Nader) that those votes would have otherwise gone Democrat.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:I don't think the polling supports this………. Plenty of Virginians were looking for an alternative to Mcauliffe, as well. Probably a wash

Polling is dubious at best because it is more about push-polling than information gathering in the modern era.

The results however, indicate otherwise. Dem 48%, Rep 45.5%, Third Party 6.5%. The odds are that almost all the Libertarian vote would go Republican if there were not a Third party candidate. Just as, if there were a Green Party candidate in the race (i.e. Nader) that those votes would have otherwise gone Democrat.

Well wait a minute, though……..you may dispute the polling data, but surely you've got something better to go on than "It's obvious", right?
I'll give you that I'm referring to the Washington Post poll, a source you're clearly not inclined to agree with politically. But they do give their exact wording of all questions asked, and at least for the issue in question here, I can't see any "push". Scroll down to questions #5 and #6. I'll even grant that there may have been an outcome that the pollsters would have wanted to see, but I still don't see how they're massaging the results.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/virginia-washington-postabt-srbi-poll-oct-24-27-2013-mcauliffe-leads-cuccinelli-in-governors-race/536/

Mcauliffe is a sleaze bag who turned lots of Democrats off. And if the Republicans had run a more reasonable guy, you've got a Republican sitting in the governor's mansion
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby EHO IV » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Yes we in Virginia are screwed for the next 4 years. Cooch was a crappy candidate. He was a Tea Party darling but also a far right wing conservative nut job. Va has alot of moderate conservatives and independents and until the repubs learn to take it easy on social issues like abortion and gay marriage, we are screwed. I believe only 40% of the registered voters voted. Alot of people didnt like either candidate and couldn't bring themselves to vote for Sarvis so they just didn't show up. In the end Cooch just didn't have the money to counter Tmac's attacks. If he had more money and the election was a few weeks later, I think he could have pulled it off. You have to remember, he was down by over 12% points a few weeks ago and the whole obamacare fiasco pushed alot of people back in his corner. Now we will be governed by a Clinton/Obama croony for the next 4 years.
EHO IV
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

When will the republicans learn, what we need are more moderates like Macain, Romney, and Dole. So we have election where a dem superstar outspends a little known candidate 2/1, more if you count the fact that the Libertarian (wink, wink) was funded by the dems and they barely win. Keep believing its a victory for dems and a defeat for the tea party.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 pm

EHO IV wrote: Va has alot of moderate conservatives and independents and until the repubs learn to take it easy on social issues like abortion and gay marriage, we are screwed.

Moderate Conservatives who are pro-abortion. If not for the killing of babies, I would find the concept hilarious. :no:

So, some think we need more RINOs so that we can win with people who support all the left wing stuff. Yeah. That's the ticket. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby EHO IV » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
EHO IV wrote: Va has alot of moderate conservatives and independents and until the repubs learn to take it easy on social issues like abortion and gay marriage, we are screwed.

Moderate Conservatives who are pro-abortion. If not for the killing of babies, I would find the concept hilarious. :no:

So, some think we need more RINOs so that we can win with people who support all the left wing stuff. Yeah. That's the ticket. :huh:

Think what you want but I belive in fiscal conservative policies but also believe in the ability of pro choice and don't have an issue with gay marriage.
EHO IV
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

Well wait a minute, though……..you may dispute the polling data, but surely you've got something better to go on than "It's obvious", right?
I'll give you that I'm referring to the Washington Post poll, a source you're clearly not inclined to agree with politically. But they do give their exact wording of all questions asked, and at least for the issue in question here, I can't see any "push". Scroll down to questions #5 and #6. I'll even grant that there may have been an outcome that the pollsters would have wanted to see, but I still don't see how they're massaging the results.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/virginia-washington-postabt-srbi-poll-oct-24-27-2013-mcauliffe-leads-cuccinelli-in-governors-race/536/

Mcauliffe is a sleaze bag who turned lots of Democrats off. And if the Republicans had run a more reasonable guy, you've got a Republican sitting in the governor's mansion

Cuccinelli won the independents, though. I thought these "extreme Tea Party types" turned off the independent voters and ran them off. Doesn't seem to be the case, huh?

Cuccinelli actually won independents by 9 percentage points, 47 percent to 38 percent, according to exit polls conducted for a group of media organizations. They made up about one-third of the electorate.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/t ... z2jtynP4Yp
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

It's a win for the conservatives because they lost. :huh:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 pm

slowshooter wrote:It's a win for the conservatives because they lost. :huh:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

If they turn away from the wackos (just looking at this one combined with Jersey and Louisiana) it may well turn out to have been.
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 pm

It seemed to have shocked some strong D's, he closed a double digit gap thanks to ObamaCare :lol3: said a few more days and it would have been different. :welcome:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:51 pm

cartervj wrote:It seemed to have shocked some strong D's, he closed a double digit gap thanks to ObamaCare :lol3: said a few more days and it would have been different. :welcome:

A less wacko candidate would have won going away……..
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 pm

CNN's Candy Crowley: Virginia Results 'Not Some Huge Rejection of the Tea Party'
By: Tim Graham | November 6, 2013, 15:43 ET

CNN’s Candy Crowley, the worst debate moderator of 2012, disappointed liberals on Tuesday night by failing to see the Virginia election returns as proof that the Tea Party is fading away.

“This is clearly not some huge rejection of the Tea Party,” Crowley told Anderson Cooper shortly after 10 pm. (Transcript and video below.)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz2jutO0LcS
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Read More | 12 Comments
Heilemann Warns Dems Against Rejoicing Over 'Horrible Candidate' Cuccinelli Losing
By: Brad Wilmouth | November 6, 2013, 15:26 ET

Appearing as a guest on Tuesday's The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, New York magazine's John Heilemann described Virginia GOP gubernatorial nominee Ken Cuccinelli as a "horrible candidate" as he cautioned Democrats that Cuccinelli still might have triumphed over Democratic nominee Terry McAuliffe if the Virginia Republican had had more money and if the government shutdown had not occurred. Heilemann began his analysis:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz2jutpajgN
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:57 pm

cartervj wrote:
CNN's Candy Crowley: Virginia Results 'Not Some Huge Rejection of the Tea Party'
By: Tim Graham | November 6, 2013, 15:43 ET

CNN’s Candy Crowley, the worst debate moderator of 2012, disappointed liberals on Tuesday night by failing to see the Virginia election returns as proof that the Tea Party is fading away.

“This is clearly not some huge rejection of the Tea Party,” Crowley told Anderson Cooper shortly after 10 pm. (Transcript and video below.)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz2jutO0LcS

that's not the point………what it means is that the Republicans have yet again punted away a TOTALLY winnable contest
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not so sure BDD2, truthfully I know very little about the 2 candidates. I just remember reading a few days ago that the substantial lead had tightened to to close to call. I had seen where the Dems were touting McAuliffe as the next superman and had it in the bag. Then ObamaCare Lies came to fruition. Like Mark Levin stated, N. Virginia is a suburb of DC anyways. They love Big Gov since it is their way of life.

A guy I know sent his business up there, it said it is unreal as to how booming and robust the economy is. then there is the rest of the Country. :lol3:

The HAVE's are in DC.
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:04 pm

cartervj wrote:I'm not so sure BDD2, truthfully I know very little about the 2 candidates. I just remember reading a few days ago that the substantial lead had tightened to to close to call. I had seen where the Dems were touting McAuliffe as the next superman and had it in the bag. Then ObamaCare Lies came to fruition. Like Mark Levin stated, N. Virginia is a suburb of DC anyways. They love Big Gov since it is their way of life.

A guy I know sent his business up there, it said it is unreal as to how booming and robust the economy is. then there is the rest of the Country. :lol3:

The HAVE's are in DC.

I guess there might have been Dems who dug Terry, but man alive, that guy's been a scumbag for years. All Clinton downside with none of the brains or charm if you ask me. I'da stayed home or voted libertarian, no lie
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 pm

assateague wrote:

Cuccinelli won the independents, though. I thought these "extreme Tea Party types" turned off the independent voters and ran them off. Doesn't seem to be the case, huh?

Cuccinelli actually won independents by 9 percentage points, 47 percent to 38 percent, according to exit polls conducted for a group of media organizations. They made up about one-third of the electorate.

I'll quote myself again, since it was either ignored or missed. Explain how a "wacko" can win the independents.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

assateague wrote:
assateague wrote:

I'll quote myself again, since it was either ignored or missed. Explain how a "wacko" can win the independents.

Why on earth shouldn't a wacko be able to win independents in a particular area? If the independents swing the vote, then you've got an issue…….if they can't, well, we might as well be discussing some other voter block that one or the other of the candidates carried, like, say……… women
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:17 pm

I thought the argument has always been "independents don't want these Tea Party guys because they're too extreme". But apparently that's not the case.

And what is it about Cuccinelli that you feel is "wacko"?
WOLVERINES

assateague

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum