Boone and Crockett Tea Party Points

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Boone and Crockett Tea Party Points

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:36 am

Glimmerjim wrote:Must you ALWAYS resort to sophomoric derogatories? It makes you look petty, and I know you are capable of expressing your opinions well without them.
Why not because you put out that long post criticizing me to avoid the key question? Yeah, liberals are thinkers :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Now time to go deer hunting :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 am

I missed a Boone and Crockett buck this morning. I'm still in shock. I had almost no time to shoot. I was coming up on him and I'm pretty sure I let it fly before I got the right pin on the mark. Clean miss at least.

About half hour later, I made a bad shot on a nice buck. I don't know what I did, but it was low and I think I hit leg. Easy shot, all the time I needed, and I blew it. He is bleeding bad and I bumped him after waiting a half hour. He had only gone 50 yards before bedding, and didn't look like he was going far. Maybe I'll get lucky, but he should have been dead and hanging right now. So now I'm going to give him a few hours and go back and hope for the best. Image Image Image

He's not a booner, but maybe close to a poper. The other one was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over the minimum. He was a freaking magazine cover. Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:16 am

Sorry to hear about your turmoil in the woods. Hopefully you can recover the one you tracked and bumped.

If not, you know where that big boy resides... :grooving:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 am

Gunnysway wrote:Sorry to hear about your turmoil in the woods. Hopefully you can recover the one you tracked and bumped.

If not, you know where that big boy resides... :grooving:

Yeah, but now the big boy also knows where I reside.

Actually we can take two buck. Even if I recover that one I shot, I will be back. I've seen two a lot bigger than him this year.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

That sucks, brother. Try not to let it get too far under your skin. Same sort of deal happened to me 14 years ago, except I didn't even get a shot. Got busted by a doe that was following HIM when I went to draw. I will swear he was pushing 200. Huge. 14 years later, it still bugs me.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:28 pm

No luck. The good thing is that I think I just left him with a scar. There wasn't a ton of blood where he bedded and it looks like it had stopped bleeding already. Beyond that I only found a few very small drops every 15 yards or so and nothing that looked like he was still bleeding.

I'd like to get out to the range and get my confidence back up. That was an ugly miss.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Did you find your arrow? (I may have missed this part)
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby beretta24 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Been there, actually quit bow hunting for a season after I lost 2 in a row. Neither shot was a goofy angle or long. I just flat out missed. Ya just need to stick that next one to get the confidence back up.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:03 pm

assateague wrote:Did you find your arrow? (I may have missed this part)

Yes.

I'm pretty sure it caught his front leg. The arrow had more blood on it than I expected. I really didn't think I did much damage, but there was a lot more blood than I expected from where I thought I hit him. That's what confused me. However, I'm pretty sure the hit was to his leg and while it bled pretty good initially, it stopped and he's a little sore right now, but will still be around next year. At least, I hope so.

If I get another shot, I just need to focus on my fundamentals and not that miss.

I usually hunt from a tree stand, but this year I set up a ground blind and I'm shooting off of a bucket. I hadn't practiced like that. Last weekend, I actually went and practiced a bit. The first shot at the range was just like that shot and I didn't know why. After that I shot fine. But it's only the first shot that counts.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

I'd say you're right. Rarely is a well-struck deer bleeding much right off the bat. The chest cavity needs to fill up to the point of the exit to start getting some good blood. Been my experiences that shots with a lot of blood right away were marginal at best, and usually only muscle shots.

But I still love bowhunting.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 am

A little high on the shot but I'll take it. Not the big buck, but it should be tasty.

ButtonBuck2013.jpg
ButtonBuck2013.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 133 times
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:38 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:A little high on the shot but I'll take it. Not the big buck, but it should be tasty.

ButtonBuck2013.jpg

Good deal :thumbsup:
beretta24
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum