Palin goes to the mattresses against the Pope.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Palin goes to the mattresses against the Pope.

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sarah-palin-fears-liberal-pope-francis-being-influenced-by-the-sneering-media-8937069.html

"Christianist baffled by an encounter with Christianity." LOL.

I can't believe some of you goofs supported her.
Last edited by slowshooter on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Palin goes to that mattresses against the Pope.

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:16 pm

So Slow what exactly is your problem with her having a personal opinion about the Pope? Last time I checked we all still live in America and she is free to have those.

That and I have to add that while she may not have been the most intelligent candidate ever, she was most defintely the best looking one ever.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm

She was just stealing from me.

I figured this out almost immediately.

From back in March.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=225891&p=2068041
What I have heard from Pope Francis makes me worried that he is part of the problem of why there is so much poverty and dysfunction in Central and South America. I suspect he is another failed community organizer based on the big bureaucracy model. I fear that he supports the status quo poverty and not the minimization of it. Too much focus on feeling good about giving handout and not any focus on how to eliminate the need for handouts.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Funny how many liberals at the very least they oppose sexism, yet when confronted with a female with whom they disagree, they start trotting out every sexist statement they can think of.

I wish Palin would go away myself, but I love the left's hypocrisy.
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Bad news new guy, once WTN has accepted you, you are automatically a world renown douche.
WTN10
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:13 pm

WTN10 wrote:I wish Palin would go away myself, but I love the left's hypocrisy.
Just think. If we would have had a President Palin instead of a President Obama, there would be millions more insured Americans today.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:58 pm

And about 4 trillion less debt. Stupid she might be, but she would still have done more for America than Obama has. Even if it meant just doing nothing and not screwing millions out of their insurance.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Palin goes to that mattresses against the Pope.

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:39 pm

:huh: I missed the sexism in slow's post.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Goes to mattress...
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Bad news new guy, once WTN has accepted you, you are automatically a world renown douche.
WTN10
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:19 pm

WTN10 wrote:Goes to mattress...

It's actually an express made famous by The Godfather.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=going%20to%20the%20mattresses
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 pm

SpinnerMan wrote: It's actually an express made famous by The Godfather.

Good eye Spinner. :thumbsup:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

slowshooter wrote: I can't believe some of you goofs supported her.

Did you support Joe Biden?

I don't think this would qualify as "going to the mattresses". It doesn't sound like she is trying to start something with the pope. If she did it would be a bloodbath. He didn't get to where he is without knowing the ins and outs of the bible. He could argue either side of the debate with any politician, and win handily.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:31 am

clampdaddy wrote:
slowshooter wrote: I can't believe some of you goofs supported her.

Did you support Joe Biden?

I don't think this would qualify as "going to the mattresses". It doesn't sound like she is trying to start something with the pope. If she did it would be a bloodbath. He didn't get to where he is without knowing the ins and outs of the bible. He could argue either side of the debate with any politician, and win handily.

They are so focused on how they feel and all kinds of superficial nonsense, they do not see how foolish it was to support a failed community organizer, a do-nothing back-bench state legislator, and one of the shortest serving U.S. Senators with zero accomplishments with ties to a whole host of corrupt and dysfunctional people from Chicago.

The results are clear. McCain/Palin would have been vastly superior even in Obama's signature issue.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:34 am

WTN10 wrote:Funny how many liberals at the very least they oppose sexism, yet when confronted with a female with whom they disagree, they start trotting out every sexist statement they can think of.

^^THIS^^
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby stackemhigh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Gunnysway wrote:
WTN10 wrote:Funny how many liberals at the very least they oppose sexism, yet when confronted with a female with whom they disagree, they start trotting out every sexist statement they can think of.

^^THIS^^

Again, there is absolutely nothing sexist about the term "going to the mattresses."

Sarah Palin is absolutely an idiot and quite frankly a complete fraud. She began serving Wasilla as Mayor when it had less than $2 million in debt and left it with well of $20 million in debt. Isn't that in complete contradiction to what she currently stands for?

People like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul I respect but disagree with. I can strongly disagree with your political views but still respect your intelligence. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, and I'm sure plenty of other Tea Party supporters are very smart people. Sarah Palin is just a blithering idiot. She uses words and phrases that are clearly fed to her by her handlers. This week, in response to a question asking if there was a Tea Party plan to replace Obamacare, she said, "The plan is to allow those things that had been proposed over many years to reform a health care system in America that certainly does need more help so that there's more competition, there's less tort reform threat, there's less trajectory of the cost increases." Can anyone explain to me what tort reform threat is? She has no idea what tort reform is based on that statement and won't say that the best way to encourage competition in the insurance business is probably to delete the insurance carrier exception from the Sherman Anti-Trust laws, because that would essentially be calling for more regulation which she's been told she's against.
stackemhigh
hunter

Re: Palin goes to the mattresses against the Pope.

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Interesting the irrational hate for Palin and the equally irrational blind eye to the teleprompter hack. Palin makes her points without reading word for word and she is the fool according to the koolaid crowd. So far, everything she predicted about obamacare is correct but the useful idiots call her an idiot. Go find a mirror and meet the idiot. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 pm

And if you think slow was not being a sexist hypocrite when he titled it going to the mattress then you also believe Obama is justified in exempting himself and all the other democrat hacks from his signature law. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Andy W » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 am

She uses words and phrases that are clearly fed to her by her handlers.

Unlike Barry.
Andy W
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 am

Rat Creek wrote:And if you think slow was not being a sexist hypocrite when he titled it going to the mattress then you also believe Obama is justified in exempting himself and all the other democrat hacks from his signature law. :rolleyes:

Not at all. You have to look a little deeper than woman, man, mattresses = humpin'. Think pope, Roman Catholic, Rome Italy, mafia, going to the mattresses = going to war. If Slow meant it the way you think, he would have used mattress (singularly) instead of the plural form.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:00 pm

You mean to look deeper in a convoluted way in order to try to explain away the obvious. Oh, okay. I got it now. :no: Because we all know the respect and admiration Slow has for anyone, particularly a woman, from the party he views as the enemy. Sorry, but once you establish a pattern of behavior, it is perfectly logical and reasonable to read it just as I did and others have. :fingerhead:

And if any of the people who have been consistently critical of Obama said he thought Obama was brilliant with just the right experiences to run the country, would you think they had a miraculous conversion or would you think it was sarcasm? :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:06 pm

stackemhigh wrote:Again, there is absolutely nothing sexist about the term "going to the mattresses."

:thumbsup:

stackemhigh wrote:Sarah Palin is absolutely an idiot and quite frankly a complete fraud. She began serving Wasilla as Mayor when it had less than $2 million in debt and left it with well of $20 million in debt. Isn't that in complete contradiction to what she currently stands for?

This got me interested and I did some quick homework.

How do you define what she stands for? Doing what the people want or doing what she wants?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/sep/09/chain-email/numbers-right-context-missing/
Current Mayor Diane M. Keller, who served on the City Council when Palin was mayor, said just presenting those raw figures is misleading.

Yes, she said, Wasilla's budgets increased and tax receipts went up under Palin's reign, but much of that was due to the growth of the city during those six years.

Yes, she said, the sales tax rate went from 2 percent to 2.5 percent under Palin, but that was approved via voter referendum, with the extra proceeds earmarked specifically to pay off that sports complex. CBS News reported that the referendum on the sports complex passed by just 20 votes.

Due to the economic growth in the community, Keller said, Wasilla is going to be able to stop charging that extra .5 percent sales tax two years earlier than anticipated.

The property tax rate was reduced under Palin from 2 mills to .5 mills (it was later eliminated under Keller).

Voters also okayed the bond issue to pay for road improvements, Keller noted.

"The people in our community wanted road improvements," Keller said. "The taxpayers voted on it. Same thing with the sports complex. It's up to us to do what the people are asking for."

It seems like the community wanted to borrow that money and they could afford to borrow that money. They via voter referendum approved the borrowing and the tax hike to pay for it. What is fiscally unsound about that? :huh: What principle does that violate? :huh: It worked too. The bonds will be paid off two years ahead of schedule. Nothing fraudulent in what she did that I can see. The town wanted it. They could afford it. So they made it happen. That sounds like how it's supposed to work.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 pm

I think Ole'Sarah is pretty damn smart, cunning and opportunistic too. She got her big chance and capitalized on it big time. My hat goes off to her for seizing the moment and making the most of it. I don't like her style but, she made it.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Spinner, Palin and the citizens choosing to take on debt and then to pay it off early is nothing. Obama is going to reduce the deficit by half in his first term. Now that is a true leader. :fingerpt:

And yet, the fools who just keep getting fooled see Palin as an idiot and Obama as brilliant. :huh:

This has always been a mystery to me as to why leftist stick with their players no matter how corrupt, idiotic or unethical they are. They never turn on their own. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby stackemhigh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 pm

I agree Spinner, that is fically responsible. When the government takes out debt, it must raise revenue to pay off the debt. Her position in a nutshell is that it's wrong to tax one half of the electorate to give "free stuff" to the other half. The referendum you just referenced passed by a resounding 20 votes. :fingerpt:

I'm sure you already know that any discussion related to tort reform starts with the capping of punitive damages. So if you're in favor of tort reform, you're inevitably in favor of a cap on punitive damages.

Here's Sarah Palin criticizing the Supreme Court for capping punitive damages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-26MOxH34 :fingerhead:
stackemhigh
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Rat Creek wrote:You mean to look deeper in a convoluted way in order to try to explain away the obvious. Oh, okay. I got it now. :no: .....

No. I mean that Slow used a line from one of the best movies of all time and you missed it.
clampdaddy
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum