Palin goes to the mattresses against the Pope.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Palin goes to the mattresses against the Pope.

Postby cartervj » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

The impeccable civility from the left

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 am

stackemhigh wrote:I agree Spinner, that is fically responsible. When the government takes out debt, it must raise revenue to pay off the debt. Her position in a nutshell is that it's wrong to tax one half of the electorate to give "free stuff" to the other half. The referendum you just referenced passed by a resounding 20 votes. :fingerpt:
You just don't like her and she is guilty until proven guilty of something else. I get it.

Everybody got taxed. It was not a free lunch for those that voted for it, was it? No :fingerhead:

This is how LOCAL government should work. Nobody lives there that doesn't want to live there and it is a small burden to move. It is when the people of DC are imposing burdens upon the people of Wasilla for benefits in Tampa.

Maybe you don't like that she's a woman. Maybe you don't like her "folksie" attitude. Maybe you don't like her non-elitist education. Maybe you don't like her hair. Maybe her voice. I don't know and I don't care, but its clear you don't like her and are looking for an excuse. I don't want her to be VP or President, but sadly she is better than most of the people that actually run and that is the sad state we are in today.

stackemhigh wrote:I'm sure you already know that any discussion related to tort reform starts with the capping of punitive damages. So if you're in favor of tort reform, you're inevitably in favor of a cap on punitive damages.
I'm more in favor of protecting the Constitution. If I want to limit something and the Constitution prohibits it, I don't disregard the Constitution. I have to change it legally or live with it. I have no idea of the legal arguments in this area. I have a bigger problem with punitive damages at all. You are punishing someone, but the standards in a civil trial are much lower and therefore there is a much higher probability that you are be wrongly punished.

The tort reform I want is less about control. First, I'd attack the fraud. I'd have an undercover team running stings on every law firm that looks like they are committing fraud. Make the lawyers worry that every client that comes in the door could be an undercover investigator. The second thing I would do is get extremely aggressive at prosecuting perjury in all cases from child custody to high profile murder cases. Lying under oath should be worse than driving while drunk. While the big cases get all the headlines, it's all the little ones that are corrupting society. I'm not convinced that we need any change to the laws. How the hell can you tell if you do not enforce the laws that exist? I think tort reform is a bandaid for a wholesale corruption of our legal system. It will not change that. You will still be just as worried about some fraud trying to rip you off using some corrupt lawyer via a bogus lawsuit.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:57 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
stackemhigh wrote:I agree Spinner, that is fically responsible. When the government takes out debt, it must raise revenue to pay off the debt. Her position in a nutshell is that it's wrong to tax one half of the electorate to give "free stuff" to the other half. The referendum you just referenced passed by a resounding 20 votes. :fingerpt:
You just don't like her and she is guilty until proven guilty of something else. I get it.

Everybody got taxed. It was not a free lunch for those that voted for it, was it? No :fingerhead:

This is how LOCAL government should work. Nobody lives there that doesn't want to live there and it is a small burden to move. It is when the people of DC are imposing burdens upon the people of Wasilla for benefits in Tampa.

Maybe you don't like that she's a woman. Maybe you don't like her "folksie" attitude. Maybe you don't like her non-elitist education. Maybe you don't like her hair. Maybe her voice. I don't know and I don't care, but its clear you don't like her and are looking for an excuse. I don't want her to be VP or President, but sadly she is better than most of the people that actually run and that is the sad state we are in today.

stackemhigh wrote:I'm sure you already know that any discussion related to tort reform starts with the capping of punitive damages. So if you're in favor of tort reform, you're inevitably in favor of a cap on punitive damages.
I'm more in favor of protecting the Constitution. If I want to limit something and the Constitution prohibits it, I don't disregard the Constitution. I have to change it legally or live with it. I have no idea of the legal arguments in this area. I have a bigger problem with punitive damages at all. You are punishing someone, but the standards in a civil trial are much lower and therefore there is a much higher probability that you are be wrongly punished.

The tort reform I want is less about control. First, I'd attack the fraud. I'd have an undercover team running stings on every law firm that looks like they are committing fraud. Make the lawyers worry that every client that comes in the door could be an undercover investigator. The second thing I would do is get extremely aggressive at prosecuting perjury in all cases from child custody to high profile murder cases. Lying under oath should be worse than driving while drunk. While the big cases get all the headlines, it's all the little ones that are corrupting society. I'm not convinced that we need any change to the laws. How the hell can you tell if you do not enforce the laws that exist? I think tort reform is a bandaid for a wholesale corruption of our legal system. It will not change that. You will still be just as worried about some fraud trying to rip you off using some corrupt lawyer via a bogus lawsuit.

What it indeed is all about is the woman herself. Attractive (hot); assertive. The political left convinced itself that it owned this category. Then along came Palin.

Where are the comics mocking Wendy Davis, for instance? I'll bet she's uttered some real leftist howlers. Not a word on SNL. Where's the female comic who looks & sounds like Davis - the comic whom pundits will be quoting the next day as though Davis had said it? Who will ask Davis how well - read she is? No; the msm will assume she's brilliant and advertise her as such. Diane Sawyer called Davis "heroic" because she battled an abortion law in Tx. Who was the last journalist to call Palin "heroic?"

Davis will be the next governor of Texas - the journalists and illegal immigrants will see to that (Virginia, anyone?). Palin will continue drawing heat for telling the truth. She's telling the truth about healthcare. And she's calling out the first "community organizer Pope."

If lovely Wendy Davis calls out the community organizer pontiff on abortion, pundits will chime in with her.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:06 am

slowshooter wrote:I can't believe some of you goofs supported her.

Oh C'mon man-
She's a helluva' lot more pleasing to the eye than Hillary or any other female Dem. ever thought about being :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49 am

macdaddy wrote:What it indeed is all about is the woman herself. Attractive (hot); assertive. The political left convinced itself that it owned this category. Then along came Palin.
That is part of it. The left can mock women in sexist terms, they can race bait, gay bait, etc. There is no doubt she as a self-made woman that gives lie to all the liberal feminists.

Hillary Clinton had to put up with a total sleaze ball to get where she did. If she didn't stand by her scumbag man, nobody ever hears of Hillary, but look what Palin did.

Nancy Pelosi lives off of her rich husband and Palin needs no such support.

Then she has 5 kids. Feminists tend to believe that kids are a burden, but look at what Palin did with a basketball team in tow.

Then she has a Down Syndrome kid. You are supposed to kill them before they are born. There is no need in the master race utopian society and technology allows you to eliminate them, so only a religious freak would not do that.

However, more that that and many more things is that we have a whole bunch of elitists in society. This was made crystal clear to me when a buddy of mine who is an HVAC repairman that spends most of his free time shooting carp with a bow and arrow talking down about the Governor of Alaska. I think this is quite pervasive among the Republican voters, especially those that support the status quo establishment Republicans and they put the Tea Party in this group.

It's fascinating how people have such a visceral reaction to Palin, but not for example Nancy Pelosi and all the absolutely idiotic things she says or any of the huge list of morons that "belong" in government because they have the right pedigree or sound right or whatever it is. None of these moron should be President any more than Palin, but nobody had a visceral reaction to the totally unqualified Obama being President, but the Governor of Alaska running for VP and they went nuts.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 am

I guess the useful idiots and haters need a booster shot of intolerance now and then. The paragon of smart - Cher - has decided to lash out for apparently no reason calling Palin a dumb c. Ah, don't we all love the intolerant left. :no:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11/18/cher-sarah-palin-dumb-c-word

She is everything the left hates. She did not rely on her husband to get power, she is smart, independent, beat RINOs and Democrats, had five kids (including a special needs kid), loves the outdoors and of course, is attractive.

What is not to hate if your are a useful idiot. She should have:
:rolleyes: Ridden the coattails of a scumbag
:rolleyes: Let others craft her thoughts and simply read them off a teleprompter
:rolleyes: Gone with the flow (party politics) like a good liberal or RINO
:rolleyes: Not let kids get in the way, especially those kids that should be aborted
:rolleyes: Joined PETA

And the final sin is to not do what Hilary, Moochelle and Pelosi did, and to be attractive at the same time. Well, she must be taken out. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:41 pm

She apologized... And should have.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:10 pm

No citizen should apologize for speaking their mind or the truth. We of course all know liberals only support the citizens right under the 1st Amendment when it suits them.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: Palin goes to that mattresses against the Pope.

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:So Slow what exactly is your problem with her having a personal opinion about the Pope? Last time I checked we all still live in America and she is free to have those.

That and I have to add that while she may not have been the most intelligent candidate ever, she was most definitely the best looking one ever.

It's not that she cannot have an opinion. As you say we are all entitled to ours.

Rather, the point is whenever one chooses to espouse their opinions to the public at large, we, the public, are all entitled to judge it for ourselves and reach our opinion of her opinion. Are we not?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Yes, so long as squashing hers does not become your objective.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:59 pm

What's wrong with squashing her's? She brought the subject up to either spoon feed nimrods who won;t think for themselves or seek engagement those who do and may disagree. Free society man.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:02 pm

dudejcb wrote:Rather, the point is whenever one chooses to espouse their opinions to the public at large, we, the public, are all entitled to judge it for ourselves and reach our opinion of her opinion. Are we not?

If you are going to judge, I hope you give serious consideration to the substance of what she said. Otherwise, what are you really judging other than your own biases, stereotypes, etc.?

What don't you like about these quotes from the link provided by slow?
She told interviewer Jake Tapper: “He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me. There again, unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media.”

She continued: "I'm kinda trying to follow what his agenda is. You know he came out with a couple of things in the media but again I'm not one to trust the media's interpretation of somebody's message but having read through media outlets," the former Governor of Alaska said.

I think this pope is going to be terrible, but that was pretty clear to me from beginning. He won't be the first bad pope nor the worst, but he won't help lift people out of poverty or improve people's lives like he could if he were not misguided.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm

dudejcb wrote:What's wrong with squashing her's? She brought the subject up to either spoon feed nimrods who won;t think for themselves or seek engagement those who do and may disagree. Free society man.

The point of a free society is that everyone has a voice and it is heard. For some reason I am not surprised you don't understand that.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 am

ScaupHunter wrote:No citizen should apologize for speaking their mind or the truth. We of course all know liberals only support the citizens right under the 1st Amendment when it suits them.

More disparaging remarks about liberals? LOL! I guess you have to find someplace to put all that anger from being left behind. :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
dudejcb wrote:What's wrong with squashing her's? She brought the subject up to either spoon feed nimrods who won;t think for themselves or seek engagement those who do and may disagree. Free society man.

The point of a free society is that everyone has a voice and it is heard. For some reason I am not surprised you don't understand that.

She spoke. Her words were judged and found wanting. She recanted.

Proof even morons can learn. :lol3:

You should take lessons. :lol3: :lol3:
slowshooter
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:58 am

slowshooter wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

She recanted because of intense pressure from the most stupid of all morons - liberal Catholics.

Unless you are unaware, Slow - liberal Catholics are legion. They offer me no lessons. I referred to Francis I as the "community organizer pope" with no regrets. There - I did it again!! Any guest browsing this forum will see that. They may claim that I am -gasp!-anti-Catholic!! Liberal Catholics who still cry over John Kennedy will say so as well.

The double standard continues. Palin recanted because the lib Catholics screamed that she is a Protestant & thus anti-Catholic. Can only Catholics bash Catholics? Guess so. Just as only Charles Barkley can shamelessly sling the "n" word (the taboo that you on the left created :lol3: ). So, here goes from a disgruntled Catholic:

Bloody stupid taigs, followin' Mr. Pointy Hat! Mackerel- snappers all!

Got any "lessons" for this taig, Slow?? :hi: :lol3:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Rather, the point is whenever one chooses to espouse their opinions to the public at large, we, the public, are all entitled to judge it for ourselves and reach our opinion of her opinion. Are we not?

If you are going to judge, I hope you give serious consideration to the substance of what she said. Otherwise, what are you really judging other than your own biases, stereotypes, etc.?

She told interviewer Jake Tapper: “He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me. There again, unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media.”

She continued: "I'm kinda trying to follow what his agenda is. You know he came out with a couple of things in the media but again I'm not one to trust the media's interpretation of somebody's message but having read through media outlets," the former Governor of Alaska said.

I think this pope is going to be terrible, but that was pretty clear to me from beginning. He won't be the first bad pope nor the worst, but he won't help lift people out of poverty or improve people's lives like he could if he were not misguided.

Spinner, I didn't even bother with what she said adn don't care. Rather, I was talking about our individual freedom to have opinions qbout what anyone may say, regardless of who that may be.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:54 pm

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Spinner, I didn't even bother with what she said adn don't care. Rather, I was talking about our individual freedom to have opinions qbout what anyone may say, regardless of who that may be.

I was doing the same thing. IF you are going to judge, look at what was said. If you don't care, then don't. I just get aggravated about people that "care" enough to judge something, but not enough to see if their judgment is based on reality or fantasy. In this case, what is reported are pretty benign statements in my opinion, but someone describe them as effectively going to war :huh: Maybe there was something more, but she offers a very qualified opinion that she even says she is not sure if it is based on fact or bad reporting. Maybe her comments were stronger and this was just bad reporting. I don't know either. The link is just bad reporting intended to bash Palin and stir the pot and not get the facts out which is why slow linked to it.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:15 pm

slowshooter wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

The liberals have already blazed that trail :lol3:
any islands tipping over these days :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:12 am

:lol:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 am

cartervj wrote:any islands tipping over these days :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

But do not be concerned that a statement about islands tipping if too many Marines are on one coast could derail your career. The brilliant Representative Hank Johnson continues to win re-election as the low information voters stumble into the booth and look for the D buttons. Unbelievable. :no:

I guess after someone explained that Islands are not free floating, good old Hank changed his tune and claimed he was just using humor to make his point. Hank, we were laughing at you, not with you. And it is quite obvious the point you were making. Nice lie try. Go to your glorious leader for lessons because he just claimed 100 million have just signed up for Obamacare. :eek:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum