bottle deposit....

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

bottle deposit....

Postby toolmaker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:52 pm

I used to drink too much soda, but luckily for my coworker , he took the emptys home for his grandson to return. I have been drinking water mostly now and I just threw a few empties away. Then I wondered why they water bottles didn't have a deposit on them. As I remembered many many years ago, when the bottle deposit was started, it was to TRY to force people,e to not throw their empties away...to recycle....maybe it was also to not litter....if that was the case....then why not all beverages?

did it change somewhere along the way ????

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: bottle deposit....

Postby JustinNH » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:43 am

We don't have that here, but my water bottle says 'not for sale in bottle deposit states', so it wouldn't say that unless some states had water bottle deposits... Maybe it depends on the state?
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby toolmaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 am

I searched online and found an article that says NY will soon have one...if they don't already!

well it makes sense that have the deposit on all bottles...

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:42 am

I imagine plastics are relatively cheap to refine compared to glass and aluminum still. It will eventually get down to the point where they will put a price on the plastics. If you look at those gallon jugs of Crystal Geyser, they have a .05 return on them. Bottled proudly from my fishing grounds :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:07 pm

If I remember right, the bottle recycling was started during WWII as a means to recycle glass, tin, and other useful items. it cost less to reuse glass than it was to make it from scratch-same with metals.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum