How Man-Made Global Warming Rapes You

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

How Man-Made Global Warming Rapes You

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:32 pm

This is it in detail. Read the linked article in the link below.
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=225859
Hospitalization is terribly expensive. False -- it is only expensive because you are being ripped off. In general hospitals are paid 1/4 or less of what they bill. That is, most so-called "terribly expensive" health care -- the worst kind -- costs one quarter of what you're told. Could you afford that, if you had to pay cash? Probably -- but you are charged 4x as much if you try to pay cash. Isn't threatening you with bankruptcy if you don't buy something by jacking up the price for cash .vs. so-called "insurance" better described as extortion?

Drugs are terribly expensive, especially for chronic conditions. False -- for a whole plethora of common chronic conditions you can today buy a year's supply of drugs for a couple hundred bucks. Literally. You're led to believe otherwise, so you sign up for "insurance" that then winds up costing you more for your drugs (in co-pays), usually double or more, than if you paid cash! The insurance companies love this. How do you feel about being systematically robbed?

Medicare supplement insurance coverage is a good idea. Generally false, for the same reason. What it costs exceeds what it pays in nearly every instance. Now you know why there are ads all over the TV for it -- it is, for most people, a zero-value rip-off.

Malpractice insurance is terribly expensive and thus drives up the cost of care. False -- it is a vanishingly-small part of the cost of operation for a doctor, hospital or other facility.

"Uncompensated" (or "charity") care is a big cost of operation and is responsible for the cost problem. False -- this is a raw lie. Most hospitals spend far less than 10% of their revenues on "uncompensated care."

Tests are expensive. False -- most tests are very cheap, with many under $20. They're only expensive because you allow "insurance" to pay for them, and the providers mark them up for so-called "list prices" by as much as 1,000%.

The real problem is monopoly and other unfair practices, all of which in other industries would lead to immediate felony indictment under consumer protection statutes or The Sherman and Clayton Acts, with the latter carrying 10 year criminal felony penalties and $1 million fines per occurrence. TRUE.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: How Health Care Rapes You

Postby slowshooter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:34 am

You can always determine how much hyperbole is contained in an article based on the last word of each paragraph.
extortion
robbed
rip-off
facility
"uncompensated care"
1000%
TRUE

:hammer:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:18 pm

slowshooter wrote:You can always determine how much hyperbole is contained in an article based on the last word of each paragraph.
extortion
robbed
rip-off
facility
"uncompensated care"
1000%
TRUE

:hammer:

really? Well then try this one....
Jackasses On The Left, Thugs On The Right

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:08 am

How about you read the title on this thread you started.

Hyperbole...?

...Or just complete insensitivity to victims of actual rape.

IMO it's a two for one.

Shame on you.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 am

Yes, because so many rape victims haunt DHC! :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 am

You are not familiar with the cliche apparently.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 am

Indaswamp wrote:You are not familiar with the cliche apparently.

Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Andy W » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:25 am

...Or just complete insensitivity to victims of actual rape.

Talk about insensitive.

Please tell me you two typed that in jest.
Andy W
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:32 am

Nope. Believe it or not, some people (I would guess, particularly who have had family members victims of rape) are not fond of seeing "rapes you" in relation to, well anything.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

[/quote]
Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.[/quote]

You would have fared much better with Zero.
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 am

tenfingergrip wrote:

Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.[/quote]

You would have fared much better with Zero.[/quote]

Maybe :rolleyes: I've learned plenty from guys on here, but not from guys like you or mr. forum moderator posting "rapes you" topics. Immature, inappropriate and offensive.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:54 am

whistlingwings wrote:
tenfingergrip wrote:

Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.

You would have fared much better with Zero.[/quote]

Maybe :rolleyes: I've learned plenty from guys on here, but not from guys like you or mr. forum moderator posting "rapes you" topics. Immature, inappropriate and offensive.[/quote]
If you can't discern that it was a cliche', well I don't know what to tell ya. You chose to focus on the cliche' and not the content of the post. Not my problem. Get over it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:56 am

Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
tenfingergrip wrote:

Maybe :rolleyes: I've learned plenty from guys on here, but not from guys like you or mr. forum moderator posting "rapes you" topics. Immature, inappropriate and offensive.[/quote]
If you can't discern that it was a cliche', well I don't know what to tell ya. You chose to focus on the cliche' and not the content of the post. Not my problem. Get over it.[/quote]

Generally when folks make comments about rape, nobody focuses on the content of what they say. It doesn't offend me personally :wink: but I think it's d*mn inappropriate for a forum moderator.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
tenfingergrip wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.

Maybe :rolleyes: I've learned plenty from guys on here, but not from guys like you or mr. forum moderator posting "rapes you" topics. Immature, inappropriate and offensive.

If you can't discern that it was a cliche', well I don't know what to tell ya. You chose to focus on the cliche' and not the content of the post. Not my problem. Get over it.

Generally when folks make comments about rape, nobody focuses on the content of what they say. It doesn't offend me personally :wink: but I think it's d*mn inappropriate for a forum moderator.

Listen...
this is the C.I. forum. we discuss a lot of touchy subjects here, and yes even rape has come up when discussing abortion. If you can't handle it, don't post or read anything in this forum. Had that title been posted in any other forum on DHC, it would have been inappropriate. And for the most part, the C.I. forum is self moderated. I participated heavily in the discussions here well before I became a moderator. Most of the regulars here know this. I'm not going to change how I post on this forum for you.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
tenfingergrip wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Forum moderators that create topics with "Rape" in the title are another reason why, in 7 years, I have posted less than 200 messages. Talk about insensitive.

Listen...
this is the C.I. forum. we discuss a lot of touchy subjects here, and yes even rape has come up when discussing abortion. If you can't handle it, don't post or read anything in this forum. Had that title been posted in any other forum on DHC, it would have been inappropriate. And for the most part, the C.I. forum is self moderated. I participated heavily in the discussions here well before I became a moderator. Most of the regulars here know this. I'm not going to change how I post on this forum for you.

Listen...
I do not expect you to change or care if you change anything.

But when I see a forum moderator posting "rapes you" topics and things like:
"Who is this new guy whistlingwings???...
He is not worth my time to address any of his drivel."

I sigh. Have been poking around the forums for 7 years, I've seen too much crap like that -- berating people new to hunting for "internet scouting", calling people names, etc. I expect it from some of the anonymous homebodys who post thousands of messages to these forums with no intention but to troll, but didn't expect it from a forum moderator.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm

so you like internet scouters?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:03 pm

I have some news for you there overly sensitive new age old guy. This is the CI forum The gloves come off and we duke it out on a regular basis. Don't think so, check out some of the exchanges between BDD2 and I in recent threads.

If you want kinder and gentler, or overly sensitive go go talk, go to a gay loving, baby murdering, civilization raping, liberal website where it is all love and crap'n rainbow skittles while fomenting the destruction of what is left of America.

This forum is not going to change because you don't like how we do things here.

Inda is not a CI forum moderator. We pretty much self regulate in this forum. Why? Because the site management knows it would have to boot us all if they didn't have a forum where we could bash it out.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 pm

:rolleyes:

Someone get a manpon for WW's mangina please... He's bleeding all over this thread...

Back to the point of the thread. I find it an interesting read. I wonder if there is anyone on this site that pays for their drugs without insurance. I would like to know the difference in cost/savings...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Gunnysway wrote::rolleyes:

Someone get a manpon for WW's mangina please... He's bleeding all over this thread...

Back to the point of the thread. I find it an interesting read. I wonder if there is anyone on this site that pays for their drugs without insurance. I would like to know the difference in cost/savings...

Lots of people can bitch about Wal-mart, but they have a $4 dollar drug list program for lots of prescriptions. Indawoods recently got his antibiotic for his cut fingers for $4 dollars. At any other pharmacy it would have been much much more. Drugs in this country are seriously over priced. Americans are stuck paying for the R&D on the drugs while the rest of the world benefits from it and does not contribute one dime to offset the R&D costs.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Gunnysway wrote::rolleyes:

Your family must be proud of how mature you are.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:27 pm

They are... :thumbsup:

Thanks for wondering...

And yours must be proud of how sensitive you are. (Real men cry all the time.) Case in point.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Hey ww....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey Indaswamp:
I've been on these forums 2 years longer than you, and you've posted some 49,000 more messages than me. I get it, you have friends in the forums, you're the cool guy, this is a big part of your life etc. Don't take what I wrote personally, just take it as a viewpoint from someone who has been around a long time observing.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:45 pm

Gunnysway wrote:They are... :thumbsup:

Thanks for wondering...

And yours must be proud of how sensitive you are. (Real men cry all the time.) Case in point.

Just proved my point.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:48 pm

whistlingwings wrote:Hey Indaswamp:
I've been on these forums 2 years longer than you, and you've posted some 49,000 more messages than me. I get it, you have friends in the forums, you're the cool guy, this is a big part of your life etc. Don't take what I wrote personally, just take it as a viewpoint from someone who has been around a long time observing.

as a matter of fact, yes...I have met some great friends here and hunted with a number of them. But, that has absolutely nothing to do with your sensitivities.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum