How Man-Made Global Warming Rapes You

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: How Man-Made Global Warming Rapes You

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm

dudejcb wrote:fact of the matter is Assa, terminology changes as our experience and understanding changes and grows. Science is fluid that way, unlike "beliefs."

I think the new lingo is "climate variability," but what it all boils down to is hooter, colder, more violent (i.e., energy intense).

How're things over at the flat earth society?

Bull pucky....It's propaganda.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:37 pm

dudejcb wrote:fact of the matter is Assa, terminology changes as our experience and understanding changes and grows. Science is fluid that way, unlike "beliefs."

I think the new lingo is "climate variability," but what it all boils down to is hooter, colder, more violent (i.e., energy intense).

And while I won't say its not changing, the more intense theory has been shown to be hogwash. It's a scare tactic. Nothing more and nothing less.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 pm

beretta24 wrote:

And while I won't say its not changing, the more intense theory has been shown to be hogwash. It's a scare tactic and a massive money grab scam. Nothing more and nothing less.

FIFY.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

what's propaganda? The story line where we think there may be something afoot climate wise, or the one where no matter how much and how long we industrialize the planet we cannot and will never have an impact on the world's climate?

BTW: what isn't a massive scam to grab money? that, while confounding and maddening, is sort of beside the point.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

what's propaganda? The story line where we think there may be something afoot climate wise, or the one where no matter how much and how long we industrialize the planet we cannot and will never have an impact on the world's climate?

BTW: what isn't a massive scam to grab money? that, while confounding and maddening, is sort of beside the point.

The choosing of catch phrase names is pure propaganda and done at every level in government. You are blind if you can't see that.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:55 pm

You mean like the "there's going to be more and more hurricanes, which will be stronger and stronger" talk after Katrina? And then hurricane activity decreased every year since? That sort of "more violent"?

And in response to an earlier post, what is "normal"?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby waterfowlman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10 pm

China is building one coal fired power plant per week.
Perhaps Obama should send his EPA over there for a while.
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 pm

waterfowlman wrote:China is building one coal fired power plant per week.
Perhaps Obama should send his EPA over there for a while.

Nahhhh, just the coal is sent...but we care about the environment dang it!!! :?
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:34 pm

It's all appearance and reality. Everything with the issue or anything environmental is a matter of fact. I've taken many courses on the subject, one even titled earths changing climate...I am not convinced we are the only ones at fault. I think the earth goes through many changes, this is the climax to one that has been occurring is all. Nothing is worse than those that pop off to worry about it. There isn't a damn thing you can do to help...who wants less as they progress through life? What possessions do you have that aren't produced or transported by fossil fuels?
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:57 pm

dudejcb wrote:hi Spinner, err nitram.

who doesn't talk about the weather? have you taken any science classes? Are you familiar with the concepts like conservation of mass, conservation of energy, energy balance?

Ever heard of acid rain? How about mercury in most of our waters? Why do these things happen?

sounds like you wasted 7 hours thinking you were thinking while driving, but what you were really doing was trying to make evidence conform to your beliefs.

He made some good philosophy oriented points, especially dealing with the questioning and political aspect of the hoax arguement. Answer me this dudejcb, what should we do? What's your take and solution?
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:55 am

This.
Attachments
ObamaClimate.jpg
ObamaClimate.jpg (37.54 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby vincentpa » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:30 am

Science must be as fluid as the changing meaning of one your very clearly written posts. "You see what I meant was… The point was…" You're a clown.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:05 am

SMH... :fingerhead:

"There on to us again... You think these dolts will know what variability means...?"

"No Way. To many syllables..."

"Al right. Start letting the "crew" know we are implementing the change from 'Climate Change' to 'Climate Variability'..."

"Yes sir."

:no:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:06 am

waterfowlman wrote:This.

1.) The 48% is completely untrue (really -- go try and find the source of the figure)
2.) 31,000 represents less than 0.3% of OISM scientists. Also, it's an online petition that anyone can sign...

Before blindly spewing out these things, do a minimum amount of research. You'll sound less stupid.
dhunt
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 am

dhunt wrote:

1.) The 48% is completely untrue (really -- go try and find the source of the figure)
2.) 31,000 represents less than 0.3% of OISM scientists. Also, it's an online petition that anyone can sign...

Before blindly spewing out these things, do a minimum amount of research. You'll sound less stupid.

Pot, meet trolling kettle.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

beretta24 wrote:
dhunt wrote:

So one of those is incorrect? No, both are correct, because unlike most of the right wing nutjobs on this forum, I check information for facts rather than blindly posting nonsense.

For example: go find that 48% figure, from the original source. Good luck :hi:
dhunt
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:41 am

dhunt wrote:

So genius how about your run your 0.3% being 31,000 scientists. Then tell us again how many hundreds of thousands / millions of scientists all agree on something. Guess what Bubba. They are not scientists.

Science is not open and does not change it's mind quickly or easily. True science is clearly defined, heavily studied, and proven through multiple blind tests and other methods. A scientist always knows he is wrong. A scientist always knows his models are innacurate. They simply try to find models and answers that fit the world and are usable.

You apparently know less about science than you know about veterans and the homeless.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:51 am

dhunt wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
dhunt wrote:

So one of those is incorrect? No, both are correct, because unlike most of the right wing nutjobs on this forum, I check information for facts rather than blindly posting nonsense.

For example: go find that 48% figure, from the original source. Good luck :hi:

I have repeatedly pointed out flaws in your own cherry picked data. You've ignored it, likely because it doesn't support your goal of getting under the skin of other forum members here. It's not hard to get the conservative members of a hunting site to pile on someone posting largely partisan liberal bs. Congrats, many have taken the bait and keep coming back to the well. While I enjoy challenging my perspective with someone who disagrees with me, whether they are trolling or not, you largely refuse to put forth reason to support the grenades you toss over the wall. Just like those that those you accuse of doing the same thing. Pot, meet kettle.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
dhunt wrote:

So genius how about your run your 0.3% being 31,000 scientists. Then tell us again how many hundreds of thousands / millions of scientists all agree on something. Guess what Bubba. They are not scientists.

Science is not open and does not change it's mind quickly or easily. True science is clearly defined, heavily studied, and proven through multiple blind tests and other methods. A scientist always knows he is wrong. A scientist always knows his models are innacurate. They simply try to find models and answers that fit the world and are usable.

You apparently know less about science than you know about veterans and the homeless.

Just counting up to 2008, since 1970-71 school year, over 10.6 million people graduated with the necessary qualifications to meet the OISM polling criteria (source: US Dept. of Education). 32,000/10,600,000 = .0302%

Math.

The OISM "poll of scientists" has been repeatedly torn to shreds. It's a friggin online poll...you guys complain about the "mainstream media" but then cite a friggin online poll???? Jesus the crack must be good in right-winger town.
dhunt
hunter

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Then tell us again how many hundreds of thousands / millions of scientists all agree on something. Guess what Bubba. They are not scientists.

In the more than 12,000 peer-reviewed climate science papers, 97% have come to the same scientific conclusion.

So, yes, there is a small chance 97% are wrong. The IPCC itself says there is a 5% chance that the global warming seen over the last century is not man-made.

Yet you dumbos keep crying "I'm SURE they're wrong. There's NO WAY they're right." :fingerhead:
dhunt
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

The IPCC is a joke which has already been covered in depth here. Your playing catch up with your ridiculous numbers. There are not 10,000,000 + scientists in the field. There are not even 10,000 true scientists in the field. Then take into account that their livings depend on the Climate Change by Man lie and you have the corruption that has been seen and proven here in depth.

Do you actually have something of use to discuss or are you just another sob story liberal with an agenda and no pot to piss in?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm

dhunt wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Then tell us again how many hundreds of thousands / millions of scientists all agree on something. Guess what Bubba. They are not scientists.

In the more than 12,000 peer-reviewed climate science papers, 97% have come to the same scientific conclusion.

So, yes, there is a small chance 97% are wrong. The IPCC itself says there is a 5% chance that the global warming seen over the last century is not man-made.

Yet you dumbos keep crying "I'm SURE they're wrong. There's NO WAY they're right." :fingerhead:

No, the chances are 50/50.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

:lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Beretta, some of us just enjoy swinging the stupid stick into the libtards head repeatedly.

Arguing with a liberal is like wrestling a pig in the mud. You know the pig enjoys it and is too stupid to actually win the fight so he just rolls along being a pig and taking the beatings.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Or dhunt is just poking and prodding until people jump, and then sits back and laughs at how blood thirsty some get at the chance to gang up on a liberal. Over 200 posts on DHC and he's never ventured beyond the CI forum....just saying.
beretta24
State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum