GOP ends support of big pharma - votes with wallet

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

GOP ends support of big pharma - votes with wallet

Postby slowshooter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 pm

http://seattletimes.com/html/politics/2022292959_apxcongressmandrugpossession.html?syndication=rss

Related news: More black people using coke are going to prison. Because black.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: GOP ends support of big pharma - votes with wallet

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 am

This just in...Democrats support big Pharma and the Insurance Companies with the passage of Obamacare. That's right people, guess who wrote the bill that nobody read-you guessed it. :hi:

Image Hipocrite!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 am

Dems do coke too. But they go to jail for it. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 pm

slowshooter wrote:http://seattletimes.com/html/politics/2022292959_apxcongressmandrugpossession.html?syndication=rss

Related news: More black people using coke are going to prison. Because black.

Black people caught using Coke and selling Coke go to jail. Somehow Slow is suprised. Yes folks, he is actually that stupid. :fingerhead: :lol3:

When you get caught comitting a crime you go to jail. This really is not a big surprise now is it? More blacks commit drug crimes. This is based on a looking at their number by percentage in the nation, and the number of crimes committed by different people of different races. Slow the numbers don't lies, they are just numbers.

How about we address the subculture and reasons why blacks embrace and even idolize criminal behavior. Lets talk about the leaders who foster poverty and dependence. Lets discuss how in America, the land of opportunity, blacks will not take the door that leads to a better life. Lets talk about 70% + illegitimate children in the black community and how that impacts their future and hopes for a better life.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:09 pm

slowshooter wrote:Dems do coke too. But they go to jail for it. :lol3:

And this guy should got to jail and the sentence be double because he is a Congressman. There should be zero tolerance for politicians that disrespect the law, even stupid laws, probably especially stupid laws.

If you are a politician and lie under oath :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

If you are a politician and buy illegal drugs :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

If you are a politician, you should be held to much higher standards :thumbsup:

What do you think his punishment should be?

While I don't think it should be a crime per se, I do think he should get the maximum because he is a politician and his criminal act was a premeditated intentional violation of the law.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm

I am not defending drug use, okay, is that clear? But I see a HUGE difference between a drug user and a drug trafficker or dealer. To look at drug arrests as a singular group without information on other crimes and prior arrests, is to compare apples and golf balls.

If a person is arrested for DUI, that is bad. If a person is arrested for his fifth DUI, that is another story. Just as the arbitrary .08 should not be confused with a person who blows .24.

If a larger percentage of minorities based upon arrests, are going to jail for using drugs (assuming no other crime was committed), then I say lock up more white drug users. If a larger percentage of minority drug dealers based upon arrests are going to jail than white drug dealers (same drug), then lock up more white drug dealers.

The answer is not to go easier on one group. Equal treatment under the law. :hammer:

Other than the headlines, when I have looked at the actual underlying statistics, there is very little difference in conviction rates. Unfortunately, there is just more illegal activity (per capita) in the black communities thus...connect the dots. :fingerhead:

At least he threw in the obligatory - "intends to seek treatment and counseling." :lol3: That makes it all okay. :yes: Maybe he can get counseling from Bill Clinton's spiritual counselor, the one and only Baby Daddy Jesse Jackson. :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Rat Creek wrote:If a person is arrested for DUI, that is bad. If a person is arrested for his fifth DUI, that is another story. Just as the arbitrary .08 should not be confused with a person who blows .24.
I had a friend in college, he got a speeding ticket. He was whining about how the speed limits shouldn't be 55 mph, that's too low, ... So I asked how fast he was going. 85 :rolleyes:

Rat Creek wrote:The answer is not to go easier on one group. Equal treatment under the law. :hammer:
:thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I had a friend in college, he got a speeding ticket. He was whining about how the speed limits shouldn't be 55 mph, that's too low, ... So I asked how fast he was going. 85 :rolleyes:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That is not a speed limit issue, that is an economic issue. 85 - 55 > 85 - 70. Take the difference times the fine and add the escalating bonus of the car insurance bump. :eek:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 pm

the liberals last resort when loosing, throw out the race card :hi:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum