Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 pm

I have nothing against 'muslims', but I do have huge issues with the doctrine of Islam.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:Swamp, just for kicks, repost your quote and make sure to post the whole thing. not a quote, but the book, like i showed you the last time.

I did. It's in the Naval Act of 1794.

no, before you posted quotes. weak my friend. :fingerpt: post quotes, and from the book i showed you. :thumbsup:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I have nothing against 'muslims', but I do have huge issues with the doctrine of Islam.

so are you saying my kids wont know it?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 pm

BTW, if you want to see Bigotry in action, all you have to do is look into Sharia Law. :hi:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:11 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:Swamp, just for kicks, repost your quote and make sure to post the whole thing. not a quote, but the book, like i showed you the last time.

no, before you posted quotes. weak my friend. :fingerpt: post quotes, and from the book i showed you. :thumbsup:

that thread was about whether the founding fathers were against islam, not the reason why the Navy was created.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:11 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I have nothing against 'muslims', but I do have huge issues with the doctrine of Islam.

so are you saying my kids wont know it?

know what?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:13 pm

BTW Ohio, did you ever read the abrogated english version of the Koran?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:33 pm

whistlingwings wrote::lol3: I'll be laughing if I get banned for asking you "vets" to man up and identify yourself, while you:

"Islam behaves just like a cancer"

"I could give two craps less if every Muslim on this planet disappeared to tomorrow. "

"I will also say that those who do not need to be hunted down, deported, or tried and executed."

You guys have lost your marbles. Have fun with your religious bigotry, your kids and grandkids are or are going to be embarrassed by you. "We can't take gramps anywhere, he'll spew his Muslim hatred."

First you quote how 99% of all vets support Muslims. Then it was 99% of all of them I know. Now it is your a vet but your wrong and I am right. Some of us have lived with real Muslims in Muslim countries. We fought them, worked with them, and even grew to like some of them. Some of us studied their faith and worked to understand them. Guess what. A good Muslim cannot be a good US citizen. It is impossible to be both.

Your grand kids already can't take you anywhere. Shall I send them pity bouquet for having to be related to you? If you want to have a real discussion stop spewing your feeble hatred and actually figure out why folks feel the way they do.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Religious bigots deserve it, especially anyone who claims to have served our country. This country was, again, founded on religious freedom; you mr. forum moderator, by promoting religious persecution are a disgusting individual and I find it hard to believe the owners of DHC let you spew your hatred.

But you mean nothing, and nobody cares about you. Lets see if these "vets" have any cojones and will stand proud in front of their real names and ranks and spew their religious hatred and bigotry like real men, not hiding behind keyboards. I doubt it.

What has flown over your head is the truth. There is a MAJOR difference between religious bigotry and calling a spade a spade. From your posts, there is a lot about Islam that you are extremely ignorant about.

:lol: I guarantee you, 101%, I know more Muslims than you do. Guarantee. You, being an uneducated bigot, believe the majority of Muslims are terrorists who dislike America, when in fact the large large majority hate violence and love America (which is why they immigrated here, genius). In fact, a higher percentage of Muslims disapprove of violence than any other religion in the US:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/musli ... lence.aspx

Your religious bigotry and hatred stinks, as does that of these nameless keyboard-hiding "vets".

OK-what is Taqiyya?

i dont think my muslim students will know what this is. that clear?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

that thread was about whether the founding fathers were against islam, not the reason why the Navy was created.

ok. same.

show me.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Indaswamp wrote:BTW Ohio, did you ever read the abrogated english version of the Koran?

no. i foolishly thought i would have time during "naps" to read. twins done nap that much. and when they did, i was busy as hell. it is on my list.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:52 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

Dude- it's posted in this thread already:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=353770&start=25#p3478586

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

:hi:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=353770&start=25#p3478586

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq31-1.htm Swamp, this is weak. You tried the muslim pirate thing before and it does not work. show me muslim. show me islam. your source..... :no:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/maritime/navy.htm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

just admit you are wrong. we have all done it. waiting on you...
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

what I posted is a copy of the Naval Act of 1794, in which the text plainly states why the navy was conceived and necessary.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

Spinner has already addressed this, and so have I. Read the entire thread. That 'navy' (which was just 2 ships) of the continental congress was later disbanded. Read the Text of the Naval Act of 1794.

***edit to add:
from your link:
Congress disbanded the Continental navy at the end of the Revolutionary War and the United States functioned without a navy until 1794.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

ok. same.

show me.

what I posted is a copy of the Naval Act of 1794, in which the text plainly states why the navy was conceived and necessary.

correct. i dont see muslim.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 pm

...and in the very next paragraph:
Without armed ships or the protection of Great Britain, North African pirates frequently victimized American merchant vessels in the Mediterranean Sea during this time. In order to safely explore new markets in which to conduct trade, Congress reestablished a national navy authorizing the construction of six new vessels on March 27, 1794. The congressional act stipulated that construction would cease if peace with Algiers was achieved. An agreement was reached early in 1796, prior to the ships' completion, yet Congress approved the finishing of three frigates. The USS United States, the USS Constellation and the USS Constitution were launched in 1797.

Algiers is on the Barbary Coast. Read the Naval Act.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 pm

ohioboy wrote:correct. i dont see muslim.

:rolleyes: study the history surrounding that period and the creation of the navy. Algiers was on the Barbary Coast and participated in pirate raids on Merchant US vessels. Look up Thomas Jefferson's correspondence with the ambassadors of Algiers.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Algiers was a part of the Ottoman Empire during that time frame:
Barbary Wars, 1801–1805 and 1815–1816

The Barbary States were a collection of North African states, many of which practiced state-supported piracy in order to exact tribute from weaker Atlantic powers. Morocco was an independent kingdom, Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli owed a loose allegiance to the Ottoman Empire.

read the link:
http://history.state.gov/milestones/1801-1829/barbary-wars

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:32 pm

relevant section:
In 1794, in response to Algerian seizures of American ships, Congress authorized construction of the first 6 ships of the U.S. Navy. In 1801, the Pasha of Tripoli, Yusuf Qaramanli, citing late payments of tribute, demanded additional tribute and declared war on the United States. The United States successfully defeated Qaramanli’s forces with a combined naval and land assault by the United States Marine Corps. The U.S. treaty with Tripoli concluded in 1805 included a ransom for American prisoners in Tripoli, but no provisions for tribute.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Makes me REALLY wonder what exactly you are teaching kids nowadays Ohio.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 pm

this is also relevant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dey
Dey (Arabic: داي, from Turkish Dayı [1][2]) was the title given to the rulers of the Regency of Algiers (Algeria) and Tripoli [3] under the Ottoman Empire from 1671 onwards. Twenty-nine deys held office from the establishment of the deylicate in Algeria until the French conquest in 1830.

The dey was chosen by local civilian, military, and religious leaders to govern for life and ruled with a high degree of autonomy from the Ottoman sultan. The main sources of his revenues were taxes on the agricultural population, religious tributes, and protection payments rendered by Corsairs, regarded as pirates who preyed on Mediterranean shipping.

The dey was assisted in governing by a divan (ديوان) made up of the Chiefs of the Army and Navy, the Director of Shipping, the Treasurer-General and the Collector of Tributes.

The realm of the dey of Alger was divided into three provinces (Constantine, Titteri and Mascara), each of which was administered by a bey (باي) whom he appointed.

The rule of the deys of Alger came to an end on 5 July 1830, when Hussein Dey (1765–1838) surrendered to invading French forces.

The last Dey of Tripoli was killed by Ahmed Karamanli, who established the homonymous dynasty, in 1711.[4]

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Swamp, show me muslim. tired argument. you cant.
ohioboy
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum