Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 am

I think WW's so mad at life he must have stroked out... Wasn't he the one crying about how mean people here were. Crying about how we shouldn't be calling names... crying about well... I guess I haven't read a post from you where the water works were not turned to full blast.

Maybe it's time to step away from the keyboard. You sound like "that kid" that knows everyone and has everything... and all of it is a bit better then the other guy.

I worked for DoD... Big effing deal
I own a education business... BFD
I know everyone in the military, and can tell you exactly how they feel about everything in their lives... BFD

I got a bike for Christmas when I was 5...

(This is where you tell everyone you got one when you were 4, and it was better than mine because your mommy bedazzled it the way you asked her to, before Santa dropped it off with your butler...)

Yawn...

BFD...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 am

Andy W wrote:
vincentpa wrote:Would anyone else like to throw WW into a pit of rabid pit bulls just for fun?

I don't know about that, but I'd pay to see him say that crap to ScaupHunter's face.

I am game for a meet and greet with WW. He lives in Oregon which means he is no more than a few hours drive away. What you say WW? Wanna come up and hunt?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
Andy W wrote:
vincentpa wrote:Would anyone else like to throw WW into a pit of rabid pit bulls just for fun?

I don't know about that, but I'd pay to see him say that crap to ScaupHunter's face.

I am game for a meet and greet with WW. He lives in Oregon which means he is no more than a few hours drive away. What you say WW? Wanna come up and hunt?

Sorry kid, I don't spend time with religious bigots. Bring that uneducated bigotry to Oregon and most folks will kick you out. We're "progressive", we don't judge people based on the religion they follow (particularly because the religion most folks follow is the religion their parents raised them with).
Nobody cares about your season totals. Especially if you pay to hunt private.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 am

:crying:

Yawn...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:51 am

Gunnysway wrote:I think WW's so mad at life he must have stroked out... Wasn't he the one crying about how mean people here were. Crying about how we shouldn't be calling names... crying about well... I guess I haven't read a post from you where the water works were not turned to full blast.

Maybe it's time to step away from the keyboard. You sound like "that kid" that knows everyone and has everything... and all of it is a bit better then the other guy.

I worked for DoD... Big effing deal
I own a education business... BFD
I know everyone in the military, and can tell you exactly how they feel about everything in their lives... BFD

I got a bike for Christmas when I was 5...

(This is where you tell everyone you got one when you were 4, and it was better than mine because your mommy bedazzled it the way you asked her to, before Santa dropped it off with your butler...)

Yawn...

BFD...

:wink: like I said, assume I work at McDonalds. Somebody asked me what I do, and I told him.

Sounds like you're bitter about life, jealous. Trouble finishing your GED maybe? Must be tough.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:56 am

Tell us all again how you "defended our freedom". Please! It was so inspiring the first time around. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:58 am

assateague wrote:Tell us all again how you "defended our freedom". Please! It was so inspiring the first time around. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

:lol: that's what I was trying to do, "inspire" a bunch of redneck uneducated bigots :lol:
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:05 pm

:lol3: That must be it little fella... You got me.

I wouldn't know what a GED would require, as I graduated with a diploma and everything... Yeah me!

I know you argue to the lower common denominator. No good argument...? Cry a little and throw mud. You debate like a four-year-old. As a matter fact I may have seen you on one of those commercials, where the nice man asks questions, and young fellas like you give strange answers. You know, the one with the girl who's in "kindergarten place"?

That is adorable...

But try being a little less self absorbed... I never said I cared where you work, or what you do... Hence the BFD. :rolleyes:

Oh... And sticks and stones and such... :lol3:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:14 pm

assateague wrote:Tell us all again how you "defended our freedom". Please! It was so inspiring the first time around. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Wait......so I'm not a cop even though I work for the power company that supplies the electricity to their station? :huh: :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:15 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Andy W wrote:

Sorry kid, I don't spend time with religious bigots. Bring that uneducated bigotry to Oregon and most folks will kick you out. We're "progressive", we don't judge people based on the religion they follow (particularly because the religion most folks follow is the religion their parents raised them with).

Most of Oregon varies from conservative to ultra conservative with the exception of the major metropolitan areas which are a very small part of Oregon. I have lived in the area most of my life and spend my work days in Oregon. I have traveled to hunt and fish the entire state there knuck. To make things better, I just got invited down to central Oregon for a Barrows and Common GE hunt. How is it that I would be kicked out?

Come on up, the hunt won't take long.

I will make sure to bring a few veteran buddies who served overseas. You can explain to them exactly what you know their views are. It will be amusing watching the process and seeing how that turns out for you. :thumbsup:

Since you are slow of mind and small in spirit, I will explain this to you slowly. I just called you out for the second time. You are completely full of smelly brown stuff. Ole BDD2 isn't overly fond of me for good reason, I would still meet up with him and let him tell me what an azz I am over a beer with no repercussions for him. Jimmy boy and I need to put a hunt together one of these years. We settled our difference enough to get along. Can you man up, show up, and actually defend your views to a mans face? Nope, you already answered that question now didn't you?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby whistlingwings » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:26 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Most of Oregon varies from conservative to ultra conservative with the exception of the major metropolitan areas which are a very small part of Oregon.

:lol3: More than 70% of Oregon identifies as moderate or liberal. Barely 30% conservative. Yes, as always, the uneducated rural areas are more conservative, but luckily this changes as education level increases (eg only 6% of scientists identify as Republicans: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/1 ... 29382.html).

Religious bigotry is not a conservative or liberal cause though: allowing folks to practice their religion is a tenant of our constitution, as you know. Even extremist Christians or extremist Islamists who want to impose their religious views in our non-religious laws (First Amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;")

There is zero -- zero -- chance I'd ever get in a blind with someone like you.
whistlingwings
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:33 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:One last quote:
The state also had a direct role in the training and promoting of the Sunni religious hierarchy. Even in the production of art, religion played a large role. Outside the Ottoman ruling elite, much is known about the religious conditions of town dwellers, thanks in large part to the archival records of Muslim courts. It is safe to assert that the role of Islam in everyday life was substantial.

But yet, Ohio asserts that the Ottoman empire was not islamic.... :rolleyes:

back that train up. please show me where i said this: i did not. the only think i said was that they were tolerant.

define 'tolerant'....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:36 pm

whistlingwings wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Most of Oregon varies from conservative to ultra conservative with the exception of the major metropolitan areas which are a very small part of Oregon.

:lol3: More than 70% of Oregon identifies as moderate or liberal. Barely 30% conservative. Yes, as always, the uneducated rural areas are more conservative, but luckily this changes as education level increases (eg only 6% of scientists identify as Republicans: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/1 ... 29382.html).

Religious bigotry is not a conservative or liberal cause though: allowing folks to practice their religion is a tenant of our constitution, as you know. Even extremist Christians or extremist Islamists who want to impose their religious views in our non-religious laws (First Amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;")

You embody one of the greatest quotes from Ronald Reagan - Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/125480/Ideology-Three-Deep-South-States-Conservative.aspx

Self-identified conservatives outnumber self-identified liberals by a ratio of 1.3 to 1 in Oregon. Damn those facts.

But yes, you are correct that if you add moderates to the conservative numbers then the liberals are outnumber 1.5 to 1. So what? That is a pretty stupid way to look at the data, but it is a very self-serving way to do so.

I actual believe you are not trying to be deceptive with your bogus addition of the moderates with the liberals to pretend like you are in the majority. And that my friend is your problem.

BTW, are people more likely to not get a quality education in a community organized by Obama or pick your favorite right-winger? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:correct. i dont see muslim.

:rolleyes: study the history surrounding that period and the creation of the navy. Algiers was on the Barbary Coast and participated in pirate raids on Merchant US vessels. Look up Thomas Jefferson's correspondence with the ambassadors of Algiers.

we did this already. you had nothing.

you were technically correct, we could not find a direct quote to one of the signers of the Constitution, but I did find the John Quincy Adams quote.

i was correct. stop with the technical crap.

ottomans were tolerant of other religions, much of their downfall was due to this. i taught this in years past in world history.

swamp, nice try. you cant find muslim or islam in regards to the navy being formed. period.

my question of today's navy (in america, a christian country) is not irrelevant at all. it is very much so. prove me wrong? the connection is no less than your connection to them being muslim.

oh, and and assa. he still has not come by to see education in action. he is still complaining about it (and me) but does not have the balls to come watch a classroom in action. blah blah blah he is going to kick my arse is he sees me. sure. he know where i am every day. have i ever hid this? big talk. no action.

right...define tolerant. Are you using the Islamic definition of 'tolerant', or the american definition of tolerant?
I've proven that the Ottoman empire was indeed under islamic rule at the time, and thus, Algiers (which was a part of the Ottoman empire). The Piracy was conducted and sanctioned by the state of Algiers. The Merchant ships were subjugated and had to pay tribute (jyza tax) to pass, or they would be subjected to slavery and plundered. Do I need to spell it out any clearer?

Tolerance? My students just learned about our "tolerance" of religion in other countries when we became an imperial power. We did not play nice.

since you like wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algiers#Ottoman_rule it was part, but not part of the ottoman empire. :oops: thus the ottoman empire's weakness. it was too big.

"Formally part of the Ottoman Empire but essentially free from Ottoman control, starting in the 17th century Algiers turned to piracy and ransoming"

look up jizya, your definition is off from what i know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya it was a tax to be paid to practice another religion. i could be wrong.

Am I getting this right? You are comparing Islamic "tolerance" with American Imperialism? Please do point out where we behead people for offending our "values"....
If you are not muslim, by default (in the eyes on Islam) you practice another religion or have no religion, thus you submit to islam and pay the jizya, or convert to islam....or die. Those are the choices. Well-you could become a slave.

Also, there were many factions of Islam and yes, they fought each other in power struggles to see who would control regions. Algeirs was under Islamic rule.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:40 pm

whistlingwings wrote:

Coward.

I have some sad news for you there libtard. The numbers you quote came from a liberal source. Look at the statistics from the State of Oregon, not your special ed buddies blog page.

The First Amendment doesn't allow extremist religious folks to practice their religion any way they want. We don't allow polygamy, child marriages, or honor killings here.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:42 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Religious bigots deserve it, especially anyone who claims to have served our country. This country was, again, founded on religious freedom; you mr. forum moderator, by promoting religious persecution are a disgusting individual and I find it hard to believe the owners of DHC let you spew your hatred.

But you mean nothing, and nobody cares about you. Lets see if these "vets" have any cojones and will stand proud in front of their real names and ranks and spew their religious hatred and bigotry like real men, not hiding behind keyboards. I doubt it.

What has flown over your head is the truth. There is a MAJOR difference between religious bigotry and calling a spade a spade. From your posts, there is a lot about Islam that you are extremely ignorant about.

:lol: I guarantee you, 101%, I know more Muslims than you do. Guarantee. You, being an uneducated bigot, believe the majority of Muslims are terrorists who dislike America, when in fact the large large majority hate violence and love America (which is why they immigrated here, genius). In fact, a higher percentage of Muslims disapprove of violence than any other religion in the US:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/musli ... lence.aspx

Your religious bigotry and hatred stinks, as does that of these nameless keyboard-hiding "vets".

OK-what is Taqiyya?

i dont think my muslim students will know what this is. that clear?

nope. none knew it. one even said "is that the jewish book?" which i had to laugh at. these are smart kids too. mabye they were lying to me...

you are putting too much weight into something that no one listens to or even knows what it is.

do you think all christians do as the bible says? no way.

many people say they are_____________ but have no idea what that actually is. http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-re ... /index.php not sure if this is a "biased" research group or not, but puts it into perspective a little bit. i got a 13/15 btw.

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-re ... /index.php
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
The state also had a direct role in the training and promoting of the Sunni religious hierarchy. Even in the production of art, religion played a large role. Outside the Ottoman ruling elite, much is known about the religious conditions of town dwellers, thanks in large part to the archival records of Muslim courts. It is safe to assert that the role of Islam in everyday life was substantial.

back that train up. please show me where i said this: i did not. the only think i said was that they were tolerant.

define 'tolerant'....

jizya. you aleady pointed this out. thus tolerant.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 pm

ohioboy wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whistlingwings wrote:Religious bigots deserve it, especially anyone who claims to have served our country. This country was, again, founded on religious freedom; you mr. forum moderator, by promoting religious persecution are a disgusting individual and I find it hard to believe the owners of DHC let you spew your hatred.

But you mean nothing, and nobody cares about you. Lets see if these "vets" have any cojones and will stand proud in front of their real names and ranks and spew their religious hatred and bigotry like real men, not hiding behind keyboards. I doubt it.

What has flown over your head is the truth. There is a MAJOR difference between religious bigotry and calling a spade a spade. From your posts, there is a lot about Islam that you are extremely ignorant about.

:lol: I guarantee you, 101%, I know more Muslims than you do. Guarantee. You, being an uneducated bigot, believe the majority of Muslims are terrorists who dislike America, when in fact the large large majority hate violence and love America (which is why they immigrated here, genius). In fact, a higher percentage of Muslims disapprove of violence than any other religion in the US:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/musli ... lence.aspx

Your religious bigotry and hatred stinks, as does that of these nameless keyboard-hiding "vets".

OK-what is Taqiyya?

i dont think my muslim students will know what this is. that clear?

nope. none knew it. one even said "is that the jewish book?" which i had to laugh at. these are smart kids too. mabye they were lying to me...

you are putting too much weight into something that no one listens to or even knows what it is.

do you think all christians do as the bible says? no way.

many people say they are_____________ but have no idea what that actually is. http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-re ... /index.php not sure if this is a "biased" research group or not, but puts it into perspective a little bit. i got a 13/15 btw.

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-re ... /index.php

taqiyya is covered in the koran. If you would read the abrogated version a lot of your questions would be answered. I'm sure the kids are being taught out of the book of Mecca too, all the rosy stuff about Islam, most of which has been abrogated.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

define 'tolerant'....

So you think paying a tax or tribute to Islam = tolerant??? really??? :eek: look into the other restrictions on those of other faiths in islam, then come back and tell me they are 'tolerant'.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

define 'tolerant'....

I'm sending you a link which in graphic detail shows Islamic 'tolerance'...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Ohio,

You are arguing from a rather moot point. Any true Muslim, by definition Arab born into the faith will tell you flat out that no one is a true Muslim that is not born to it. They are very clear that black Muslims and American Muslims are not true followers of the faith. They call them infidels and unbelievers in Iraq. We ended up being the Iraqi government for most of the year I as there. We ended up interacting with their Imam's on a regular basis while I was overseas. There were some very interesting conversations about Jesus, God, and how our beliefs were similar and varied from each other. Once the Imam's figured out I had 16 years of religious education the game was afoot and all they wanted to talk about was religion.

American Muslims are not being taught what middle eastern Muslims are taught. They are seen a useful tools to be utilized by the "true" Muslims.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:correct. i dont see muslim.

:rolleyes: study the history surrounding that period and the creation of the navy. Algiers was on the Barbary Coast and participated in pirate raids on Merchant US vessels. Look up Thomas Jefferson's correspondence with the ambassadors of Algiers.

we did this already. you had nothing.

you were technically correct, we could not find a direct quote to one of the signers of the Constitution, but I did find the John Quincy Adams quote.

i was correct. stop with the technical crap.

ottomans were tolerant of other religions, much of their downfall was due to this. i taught this in years past in world history.

swamp, nice try. you cant find muslim or islam in regards to the navy being formed. period.

my question of today's navy (in america, a christian country) is not irrelevant at all. it is very much so. prove me wrong? the connection is no less than your connection to them being muslim.

oh, and and assa. he still has not come by to see education in action. he is still complaining about it (and me) but does not have the balls to come watch a classroom in action. blah blah blah he is going to kick my arse is he sees me. sure. he know where i am every day. have i ever hid this? big talk. no action.

right...define tolerant. Are you using the Islamic definition of 'tolerant', or the american definition of tolerant?
I've proven that the Ottoman empire was indeed under islamic rule at the time, and thus, Algiers (which was a part of the Ottoman empire). The Piracy was conducted and sanctioned by the state of Algiers. The Merchant ships were subjugated and had to pay tribute (jyza tax) to pass, or they would be subjected to slavery and plundered. Do I need to spell it out any clearer?

Tolerance? My students just learned about our "tolerance" of religion in other countries when we became an imperial power. We did not play nice.

since you like wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algiers#Ottoman_rule it was part, but not part of the ottoman empire. :oops: thus the ottoman empire's weakness. it was too big.

"Formally part of the Ottoman Empire but essentially free from Ottoman control, starting in the 17th century Algiers turned to piracy and ransoming"

look up jizya, your definition is off from what i know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya it was a tax to be paid to practice another religion. i could be wrong.

Am I getting this right? You are comparing Islamic "tolerance" with American Imperialism? Please do point out where we behead people for offending our "values"....
If you are not muslim, by default (in the eyes on Islam) you practice another religion or have no religion, thus you submit to islam and pay the jizya, or convert to islam....or die. Those are the choices. Well-you could become a slave.

Also, there were many factions of Islam and yes, they fought each other in power struggles to see who would control regions. Algeirs was under Islamic rule.

Our "values" are/were pushed with bullets and starvation. Beheading is a little to hands on for most americans i would say.

you seem to also be stuck on this Taqiyya thing and it being followed by all muslims, which i just pointed out it is not. do all christians follow all rules of christianity? nope.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:04 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Ohio,

You are arguing from a rather moot point. Any true Muslim, by definition Arab born into the faith will tell you flat out that no one is a true Muslim that is not born to it. They are very clear that black Muslims and American Muslims are not true followers of the faith. They call them infidels and unbelievers in Iraq. We ended up being the Iraqi government for most of the year I as there. We ended up interacting with their Imam's on a regular basis while I was overseas. There were some very interesting conversations about Jesus, God, and how our beliefs were similar and varied from each other. Once the Imam's figured out I had 16 years of religious education the game was afoot and all they wanted to talk about was religion.

American Muslims are not being taught what middle eastern Muslims are taught. They are seen a useful tools to be utilized by the "true" Muslims.

most of my muslim students are immigrants. they are "real".
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

define 'tolerant'....

I'm sending you a link which in graphic detail shows Islamic 'tolerance'...

i just got done teaching american imperialism. not many rainbows there.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:08 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Ohio,

There is no freedom of choice in Islam. You do not get to decide what you will accept and what you will discard. You either follow what the 'Perfect' Muslim says or you deserve to be stoned to death. Research 'Apostasy' in Islam. A death warrant is over your head if you renounce the faith.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum