Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Angola 'Bans Islam', Dismantles Mosques

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

from Wiki, 'Islam and War'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_war#Barbary_pirates
Barbary pirates

Barbary pirates - July 1625 and the 1700s.

Main Article - Barbary Pirates or Corsairs

The height of North African Arab Muslim pirates' violence against Christians, mainly British, Barbary pirates called Britain's 200-year jihad. There are tales of unspeakable barbarism including the Sultan, Moulay Ismail, who tortured and butchered the captives at whim. It involved also forced conversion of the British Christians into Islam. The "Sally Rovers" were called 'al-ghuzat'-- the term once used for the soldiers who fought with Muhammad—and were hailed as religious warriors engaged in a holy war against the infidel Christians who were pressurised to convert to Islam under threat of hideous punishment, writes historian Giles Milton.[citation needed]

In negotiating a peace treaty and protect the United States from the threat of Barbary piracy, the future United States presidents Thomas Jefferson, John Adams questioned the Tripolitan ambassador to Britain Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja as to "why his government was so hostile to the new American republic even though America had done nothing to provoke any such animosity." Ambassador Adja answered them, as they reported to the Continental Congress,

"that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman who should be slain in Battle was sure to go to Paradise."[122]
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:24 pm

same time frame in morocco on the Barbary coast:
Tetouan Pogrom (1790)

Tetouan Pogrom, Morocco 1790.

"Diaspora Research Institute" described the event:

As the new ruler (Mawlay Yazid) entered the city of Tetouan, he commanded that all the Jews should be gathered and imprisoned in a house, meanwhile permitting the Moors to rob all their homes and cellars, which they obeyed with their own particular ferocity. Thus, they stripped all the Jews and their wives of all the clothes which they had on their body with the greatest violence, so that these unfortunates not only had to watch all their belongings being stolen, but also had to bear the greatest injury to their honor... But on top of this, their bestiality showed itself to such an extent that they stripped the Jewesses of their clothes, forthwith satisfied their desires with them, and then threw them naked into the streets.[133][134]

This [Sultan Mawla] Yazid "had rabbis hung by their feet until they died, another burned alive for refusing to convert to Islam... had Jews crucified by nailing them to the doors of their houses... Jews were converted by force."[135]

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 pm

this is the islamic tolerance you speak of???
Forced conversions of Jews in Iran (1838-1839)

Forced conversions of Jews in Meshed Iran and massacre - 1838/9.

There was a Massacre of Meshed Jews and forced conversions (to Islam) of the survivors.[86][133] A mob was incited to attack Jews, and slaughtered almost 40 of them. The rest were forced to convert.[151]

As a result, the entire community of Meshed was forcibly converted to Islam.[152][153]

However, these Persian Jews continued to practice Judaism privately[154] in their homes. They, their descendants were called Jugutis.[155]

Under Muhammad Shah. Oppression and persecution followed the forced conversions.[156]

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Indaswamp wrote:this is the islamic tolerance you speak of???

There was a Massacre of Meshed Jews and forced conversions (to Islam) of the survivors.[86][133] A mob was incited to attack Jews, and slaughtered almost 40 of them. The rest were forced to convert.[151]

As a result, the entire community of Meshed was forcibly converted to Islam.[152][153]

However, these Persian Jews continued to practice Judaism privately[154] in their homes. They, their descendants were called Jugutis.[155]

Under Muhammad Shah. Oppression and persecution followed the forced conversions.[156]

you are frothing there Swamp. Chill out.

i did ask if you had met a muslim, because frankly, many people who have a view dont know why. not sure your life story, just asking. but pretty sure that the bayou is not full of muslims-so that is why i asked. i had not met one before moving to maryland.

and again, I said tolerant in the Ottoman Empire. Only in the Ottoman Empire. Your definition of tolerant and mine are different.

you get 1,000,000 points for showing me "muslim" so good job. what you dont get is that just because you think that all muslims are out to get you, they are not. the extremists are. no different than the crazy christians that blow up abortion clinics. they are not the norm or they would have already taken over or all be dead. i dont care what any person or reading says: they are not doing it.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:37 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385959017.345417.jpg
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:49 pm

ohioboy wrote:

i did ask if you had met a muslim, because frankly, many people who have a view dont know why. not sure your life story, just asking. but pretty sure that the bayou is not full of muslims-so that is why i asked. i had not met one before moving to maryland.

and again, I said tolerant in the Ottoman Empire. Only in the Ottoman Empire. Your definition of tolerant and mine are different.

you get 1,000,000 points for showing me "muslim" so good job. what you dont get is that just because you think that all muslims are out to get you, they are not. the extremists are. no different than the crazy christians that blow up abortion clinics. they are not the norm or they would have already taken over or all be dead. i dont care what any person or reading says: they are not doing it.

Your blind. They do it everywhere they hold a majority. In Europe they are trying it. When they hit 30% of the population they will try it here.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:

Your blind. They do it everywhere they hold a majority. In Europe they are trying it. When they hit 30% of the population they will try it here.

^^^^this^^^^
who was it that found the chart of the percentages of muslims in countries and the actions taken based on population density? can someone post that again....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:05 pm

and since ww bailed on this thread, I'll ask you Ohio-is Sharia law compatible with the first amendment and our constitution? More importantly, can you be a muslim and deny sharia law is supreme over our constitution?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm

ohioboy wrote:what you dont get is that just because you think that all muslims are out to get you, they are not. the extremists are. no different than the crazy christians that blow up abortion clinics. they are not the norm or they would have already taken over or all be dead. i dont care what any person or reading says: they are not doing it.
The so called "extremists" ARE the norm in a lot of places or at least accepted members of society at large and not criminals that will be hunted down by their fellow Muslims and we all see how harsh Muslims can be when they feel their religion has been disrespected. A cartoonist in the Netherlands has to fear for his life for cartoons deemed as disrespectful, but mass murderers claiming to represent Islam do not? :huh:

What you are trying to claim is that it was the extremists that were responsible for the Inquisition and therefore it did not reflect on the Catholic Church at the time. Of course it did, but that Church sanctioned murder was clearly in direct violation of the Christian faith, so it not representative of faithful Christians. Neither are abortion bombers.

The question that you are debating is who is the faithful Muslim? What does their religious text tell them to do? This is where I can't offer much because I know little of the Koran, but what little I do know does not suggest that your position is one you can be so certain is true. You seem to want this to be true, but that does not make it true.

Do you know faithful or unfaithful Muslims? How would you know?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Indaswamp wrote:and since ww bailed on this thread, I'll ask you Ohio-is Sharia law compatible with the first amendment and our constitution? More importantly, can you be a muslim and deny sharia law is supreme over our constitution?

dont know. you know more than me. i have already conceded that.

there are a lot of "thou shalt nots" in the bible that are not followed by most. you think all muslims follow sharia?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:30 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:and since ww bailed on this thread, I'll ask you Ohio-is Sharia law compatible with the first amendment and our constitution? More importantly, can you be a muslim and deny sharia law is supreme over our constitution?

there are a lot of "thou shalt nots" in the bible that are not followed by most. you think all muslims follow sharia?

Yes, but those that follow the thou shall nots are not the extremists. You may like the people better that disregard those clear commandments, but that doesn't make them the fair representatives of the faithful, does it?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:They do it everywhere they hold a majority. In Europe they are trying it. When they hit 30% of the population they will try it here.

^^^No doubt about it.

I have a good friend who is muslim. He is really non-practicing and is very American with daughters attending college and living a 100% American life. I get the feeling he fears the radicals as much if not more than others because he, as a muslim, is not living a "muslim" life complete with the repression of women, and hating and killing everything that does not bow to Mecca five times per day.

When a certain percentage of a country becomes muslim, it is all over for that country. Heck, that is already happening in American cities and in neighborhoods. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 pm

ohioboy wrote:

This is one of the things that makes Islam very different from other religions. It is a social, political system as much as it is a religion and you simply can not separate the two.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:They do it everywhere they hold a majority. In Europe they are trying it. When they hit 30% of the population they will try it here.

^^^No doubt about it.

I have a good friend who is muslim. He is really non-practicing and is very American with daughters attending college and living a 100% American life. I get the feeling he fears the radicals as much if not more than others because he, as a muslim, is not living a "muslim" life complete with the repression of women, and hating and killing everything that does not bow to Mecca five times per day.

When a certain percentage of a country becomes muslim, it is all over for that country. Heck, that is already happening in American cities and in neighborhoods. :no:

swamp says he is bad.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

ohioboy wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

^^^No doubt about it.

swamp says he is bad.

No I believe he said the same as rat that he is a non-practicing muslim :huh: Muslim by birth, bacon by breakfast.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

^^^No doubt about it.

swamp says he is bad.

No I believe he said the same as rat that he is a non-practicing muslim :huh: Muslim by birth, bacon by breakfast.

^^^this^^^
True practicing muslims would kill this non-practicing muslim. As already stated-you have no choice in Islam. The only protection he has is that he lives in the U.S. and not under Sharia Law.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 am

Exactly.

A lot of people do not understand that Iraq was a moderate islamic nation when we invaded. They had the rule of law and everyone was required to get an actual high school level education. They had first world medicine in the cities and second world in the hinterlands. It was not a fundamentalist islamic state. That nation would not have persecuted that muslim. Now mind, if he Imam's or other more devout muslim found out locally they would at times either punish or kill the man anyways. The government wouldn't.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 am

Aaaaaaaaaand, he's back.

Get lonely in your mom's basement, did you?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:17 am

Yep. Apparently it got lonely.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:26 am

assateague wrote:Aaaaaaaaaand, he's back.

Get lonely in your mom's basement, did you?

My exact thoughts.

Another one on the foe list.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum