Oprah spews hatred on BBC

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Oprah spews hatred on BBC

Postby ohio mike » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 am

During a interview with BBC Oprah said there is a older segment of white Americans that grew up with racism, were marinated in it and they all NEED TO DIE! That sounds like racism to me if not hate speech.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Re: Oprah spews hatred on BBC

Postby Andy W » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:30 am

Only whites can be racist, so it doesn't count.
Andy W
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:35 am

ohio mike wrote:During a interview with BBC Oprah said there is a older segment of white Americans that grew up with racism, were marinated in it and they all NEED TO DIE! That sounds like racism to me if not hate speech.

This woman has been at it for a long time. Much of her baiting has been off the radar; her phony "purse incident" in Switzerland got press because she wanted it to. Since her appearance in that apocryphal movie "The Butler" the O is on a racist roll. She feals empowered, I suppose. Watch for more blather.

Cher has been quiet; it's Oprah's turn.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 am

The media won't cover it here. Oprah has too much influence on white suburban women. The media doesn't want to tarnish her in any way that can jeopardize her influence with this powerful voting block. Oprah is too useful for their agenda.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 am

Oprah sucks!

I have nothing else.

Carry on...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:39 am

There are longer clips, but I wasn't convinced that she actually said it.

Wow, I've had two youtube links get killed in the time that I typed this message. :huh: There are clips there, but I'm not going to bother to try and get one. I think the O machine may be trying to tamp it down.

What I think she was trying to say, I don't completely disagree with. There are many people that suffer what I think is akin if not in fact Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from that era, but it's not white people or even predominantly white people that suffer from this and cannot get past it.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/McCain-Criticized-for-Slur-He-says-he-ll-keep-3304741.php
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

Can you blame him? How do you get past that? Sure you can put a good face on, but the visceral reaction will probably never go away.

The same for much of the horrible mistreatment of older black Americans, particularly in the south. How do you ever get over that? I don't believe you do and the only cure is time which is because those people grow old and die. The scars are simply too deep to heal for too many. Now, I think O is projecting her scars and how deep they are.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:54 am

Spinnerman, I watched the clip and as luck would have it my wife was in the room. I never had a problem with Oprah till then,actually never paid much attention to her and my wife liked her. The next day all Oprah's magazines were in the burn barrel. A lot of people had a rough way to go,doesn't justify wishing a whole generation or two would die. Thanks a Black Panther or Klan mentality.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

What does a fat azz billionaire have to whine about?

For crying out loud. I have American Indian in my ancestry because they took a wagon train, killed the men, and raped the women. Other relatives in the US Cavalry then hunted them down and killed them. Which thing do I feel worse about? Lets go back to Europe and how my viking ancestors raped and pillage Europe and now I have trauma from the horrible treatment of other relatives I never knew. :fingerhead:

Blacks need to stop riding that pony. It is long dead and they need to get a grip on reality and move on. The entire social issue would be long dead if they weren't so busy beating the drum.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 am

And some people would rather not let anyone forget about the mistreatment of blacks... which I understand and agree with to a point, but the messenger is as important as the message. McCain was wrong in that he used language that was high in vitriol... The fat *** O did the same thing. It gets reactions that make people say things like "The fat *** O"... There is a way to say things that get the point across, and doesn't make her look like the racist she is. My family came to the US in the early 1900s. They were NOT slave owners. I never heard anyone in my family use the "N" word, and if I had used it in front of any of them, I would have took an *** kicking that would have registered on the richter scale. Yet in one sentence, she effectively lumped them in with the "old" KKK...

She should apologize and have to go to cultural tolerance class...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 am

SpinnerMan wrote:There are longer clips, but I wasn't convinced that she actually said it.

Wow, I've had two youtube links get killed in the time that I typed this message. :huh: There are clips there, but I'm not going to bother to try and get one. I think the O machine may be trying to tamp it down.

What I think she was trying to say, I don't completely disagree with. There are many people that suffer what I think is akin if not in fact Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from that era, but it's not white people or even predominantly white people that suffer from this and cannot get past it.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/McCain-Criticized-for-Slur-He-says-he-ll-keep-3304741.php
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."

Can you blame him? How do you get past that? Sure you can put a good face on, but the visceral reaction will probably never go away.

The same for much of the horrible mistreatment of older black Americans, particularly in the south. How do you ever get over that? I don't believe you do and the only cure is time which is because those people grow old and die. The scars are simply too deep to heal for too many. Now, I think O is projecting her scars and how deep they are.

You should watch the clip in its entirety. Then comment.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 am

ScaupHunter wrote:What does a fat azz billionaire have to whine about?

For crying out loud. I have American Indian in my ancestry because they took a wagon train, killed the men, and raped the women. Other relatives in the US Cavalry then hunted them down and killed them. Which thing do I feel worse about? Lets go back to Europe and how my viking ancestors raped and pillage Europe and now I have trauma from the horrible treatment of other relatives I never knew. :fingerhead:

Blacks need to stop riding that pony. It is long dead and they need to get a grip on reality and move on. The entire social issue would be long dead if they weren't so busy beating the drum.

They did not rape YOU! They did not kill your spouse. This was not done to YOU. Apples and Oranges. We are not talking about some young person that did not experience this. We are talking about a black woman born in Mississippi in 1954, although she lived in Milwaukee for much of her childhood, but moved to Tennessee around 1970. I have no doubt she experience real racism in addition to her horrible life as a child in general.

This is not an excuse for her actions. She is an adult. It is however understandable.

PTSD and other mental issues are not cured by money. In fact, it is often those issues that drive people to amass so much but the torment never goes away.

Gunnysway wrote:There is a way to say things that get the point across, and doesn't make her look like the racist she is.
I agree that she is a racist. Just like John McCain hates the gooks and always will, Oprah, whatever crap she went through in her youth, it is something she cannot get past.

These things remind me of a guy my Dad used to work with. Absolutely hated black people. He enjoyed nothing more than beating the hell out of them. He actually made a pretty good living doing just that, but lost it all, so he was working as an ironworker. He was raised by a broke single mother. She could only afford a place in the black neighborhood, so he kid went to the black school. He was routine beat up for being white. So he learned to fight and he wanted to fight black guys. He was a gold gloves champ and ranked in the top 10 in the world at the peak of his boxing career. However, when he was in his 40's working construction, if they were in the city, he would see a black guy with a white woman and start telling him how easy white women were and other crap to provoke the guy and if the guy made the mistake of taking a swing at him :no:

The guy is totally screwed in the head because he was abused so badly as a kid. This will never leave him. I have no doubt that the same kind of issues are not uncommon among older black people that were also senselessly abused in their youth because of their skin color. Granted most probably hide it far better from themselves and others. This guy was totally open about his hatred and why he hated them and I'm sure he passed along his crazy to some degree to all the black guys he beat the crap out of because of their skin color like he was beat for his.

His actions, while understandable, are not an excuse. Just like Oprah's.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:48 am

Racism is rampant in the US, the whites have been holding down the blacks so much that they have no chance of achieving success in this country. By the way, what is Operas net worth ?
boney fingers
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

More importantly who did she make most of that money from? I would guess a lot of middle class white women who watch her show and buy her magazines make up a large percentage of that number.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:There are longer clips, but I wasn't convinced that she actually said it.

Well said, Spinner! :thumbsup: Many of our ills simply take time to resolve. I'm enough of an optimist to believe we are heading in the right direction on most fronts. Contrary to what is often referred to as the "stupidity of the masses" (by those who deem themselves above the fray), I believe humans are for the most part decent and accepting and desire to ease suffering when not indoctrinated into a system of hate. The "masses" are not those who start wars.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 pm

ohio mike wrote:Spinnerman, I watched the clip and as luck would have it my wife was in the room. I never had a problem with Oprah till then,actually never paid much attention to her and my wife liked her. The next day all Oprah's magazines were in the burn barrel. A lot of people had a rough way to go,doesn't justify wishing a whole generation or two would die. Thanks a Black Panther or Klan mentality.

A reaction which completely supports Spinner's statement! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm

SpinnerMan wrote: "... he would see a black guy with a white woman and start telling him how easy white women were..."

I agree 100% with everything you are saying, Spinner, but this statement caught my eye. I think he needed some tutorials in racial slurs! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:31 pm

boney fingers wrote:Racism is rampant in the US, the whites have been holding down the blacks so much that they have no chance of achieving success in this country. By the way, what is Operas net worth ?

Didn't even know she had a net. Does she fish?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:33 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:More importantly who did she make most of that money from? I would guess a lot of middle class white women who watch her show and buy her magazines make up a large percentage of that number.

And............? The last thing she was doing was denigrating whites.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: "... he would see a black guy with a white woman and start telling him how easy white women were..."

I agree 100% with everything you are saying, Spinner, but this statement caught my eye. I think he needed some tutorials in racial slurs! :lol3:

Nobody ever said racists were intelligent.

Are you offering to give the tutorial? :lol3:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:More importantly who did she make most of that money from? I would guess a lot of middle class white women who watch her show and buy her magazines make up a large percentage of that number.

Raging against whites and saying they should die is not denigration? It does't matter if she rages against white racists or whites as a whole. It was racist behavior and a denigration of anyone white she doesn't like. Ask Paula Dean how that works. Last time I checked we had WW on here frothing at the mouth when I mentioned the only real way to stop Islam is to deport or eliminate them. I didn't say do it, just that it was what it takes to stop the problem It seems he thought it was a denigration of Muslims. Now a black woman saying it about whites is not denigration?
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:56 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Raging against whites and saying they should die is not denigration? It does't matter if she rages against white racists or whites as a whole. It was racist behavior and a denigration of anyone white she doesn't like. Ask Paula Dean how that works. Last time I checked we had WW on here frothing at the mouth when I mentioned the only real way to stop Islam is to deport or eliminate them. Ididn't say do it, just that it was what it takes to stop the problem It seems he thought it was a denigration of Muslims. Now a black woman saying it about whites is not denigration?

First, she was not raging against whites. She was commenting on what the basis is for the vestiges of white on black rascism, with its subsequent reactive rascism. Nor was she advocating for death, or punishment in any form, for anyone. She was simply saying, as Spinner said well, that it is difficult if not impossible for those who still bear deep scars inflicted upon them by their (recent) heritage to ignore those scars. Regardless of whether those scars resulted from being the victim or the aggressor. They were both victims of an outside influence. I would opine that it could be considered as absolving those in whom those tendencies still exist as opposed to castigating them.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Nobody ever said racists were intelligent.

Are you offering to give the tutorial? :lol3:

I've got some tucked away in my repertoire, but they are usually reserved for jokes. I love racial jokes regardless of the butt of the joke. They bring stereotypes into the conversation and usually expose them for what they are....an appreciation of differences and a laugh at ALL of our foibles. Not in ALL cases, obviously. Some are a flimsy facade over a hateful spirit.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Raging against whites and saying they should die is not denigration? It does't matter if she rages against white racists or whites as a whole. It was racist behavior and a denigration of anyone white she doesn't like. Ask Paula Dean how that works. Last time I checked we had WW on here frothing at the mouth when I mentioned the only real way to stop Islam is to deport or eliminate them. Ididn't say do it, just that it was what it takes to stop the problem It seems he thought it was a denigration of Muslims. Now a black woman saying it about whites is not denigration?

First, she was not raging against whites. She was commenting on what the basis is for the vestiges of white on black rascism, with its subsequent reactive rascism. Nor was she advocating for death, or punishment in any form, for anyone. She was simply saying, as Spinner said well, that it is difficult if not impossible for those who still bear deep scars inflicted upon them by their (recent) heritage to ignore those scars. Regardless of whether those scars resulted from being the victim or the aggressor. They were both victims of an outside influence. I would opine that it could be considered as absolving those in whom those tendencies still exist as opposed to castigating them.

The younger generation is becoming more racist thanks to this administration and mass media. Hang with some young folks from bigger cities and you'll see. Polar bear hunting is and has been around for some time even if the MSM doesn't like the narrative, therefore ignoring it or white washing it.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 pm

cartervj wrote: The younger generation is becoming more racist thanks to this administration and mass media. Hang with some young folks from bigger cities and you'll see. Polar bear hunting is and has been around for some time even if the MSM doesn't like the narrative, therefore ignoring it or white washing it.

Interesting take that I had never considered, carter. So, basically, a segment of the black population is taking the heat on Obama as having no rationale other than rascism? Wow. Even MY glasses aren't that "tinted", and I still like the guy. :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:19 am

Did ya hear what Kayne West had to say the other day, notice the racial animosity the black leaders of today are promoting. It's profitable for them. Basically being held back by the jews or whitey helps stir emotion since most don't wanna believe they are capable of breaking out on their own. It's easy to blame than accept your own short comings. Anyone is capable of moving, just look at Oprah herself.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum