Salt and pepper commercials!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Salt and pepper commercials!!

Postby charlie beard » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:31 pm

It seems to me there are several mixed race commercials on TV.
I for one think this is not moral and sending a signal to our youth it's ok.
Some will say GET use to it old man.

Before some jump the gun I have It in my ex wife family.
This kid was a good kid that did not get a fair chance.
Where is he at today in prison.
This by no way means all mixed race kids end up in the joint.

Look what we have in the White House.

From what I have seen the youth and young adults of today think this is Kosher.
Sorry people I will never accept it.
So Flame away people.

But would like to hear your thoughts.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Re: Salt and pepper commercials!!

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:25 pm

Someone say Saly and Pepa??
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:10 am

charlie beard wrote:It seems to me there are several mixed race commercials on TV.

So Flame away people.

I believe you were covered in the Oprah thread
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Andy W » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:39 am

charlie beard wrote:From what I have seen the youth and young adults of today think this is Kosher.
So Flame away people.

Is it not kosher because you don't accept it?
Andy W
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:15 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
charlie beard wrote:It seems to me there are several mixed race commercials on TV.

So Flame away people.

This attitude persists even amongst some fellow babyboomers. It's all in how one was brought up, & whether or not they overcome the upbringing.

I would date Star Parker in a NY minute. But-bring her home to W. PA? Neighbours, "friends"/acquaintances would disappear faster than my aforesaid NY minute. There's more resistance to this than most realize.

We have not come very far in fifty years. :oops:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am

I am white as ice and have loved some fine chocolate female company. I like salt and peppa on my eggs too. Call me one who doesn't see it as an issue. Love knows no bounds.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:13 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:

So Flame away people.

And Charlie articulated so well what Oprah articulated so poorly and got herself in hot water.

charlie beard wrote:I for one think this is not moral

Why is this immoral? So where are the break? Do we need a light meter test to determine if it is moral to marry someone? Do you do the test in the summer when you are well tanned or in the winter when you are at your lightest? Please help explain this because if people are being immoral, do you not want to help save their soul so they do not intentionally marry someone whose skin color varies too much.

Also clearly mixed race like Obama, who can they marry without being immoral themselves? Was Obama moral for marrying Michele, would he have been moral if he married a white woman? Or was he half moral/immoral no matter who he married.

Please help. I need to know if my wife is too dark and I was immoral when we married. My ass is as white as a lily and my wife is a much healthier color. I may need to pray for forgiveness if I acted immorally. Or is it OK since we have no kids. Is it love who you want, but it is immoral if you fail to keep the races pure?

I think it is your moral duty to help those that may be unknowingly acting immorally. Who can and cannot marry and why? Hey, if it is immoral, it is your moral duty to inform the ignorant.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:55 am

As a conservative I never thought about it. The only racists I've ever met were either Democrats or liberals (or both). It's not the color of one's skin but what is underneath that makes the person. Even Jesus wasn't lilly white. If you read your bible he was born in the Middle East, not Scandinavia! If he was blonde and blue-eyed chances are that the Bible would have mentioned it somewhere since he would have stuck out like a sore thumb. :wink:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:43 am

Non issue; should Italians be allowed to marry Scandinavians?
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Growing up in the south, I had an old neighbor of mine (Southern Democrat born and bred) who had a niece who happened to be dating a black. He was very upset to say the least. I talked to him about it and ask if the guy was a local and he said well, yes, he is. Does he have a job? He replied yes, he does. How about his folks, are they decent? He said yes, good family and he had known them all his life. I said so what's the problem? He said that he was black! I said so what, it could be a whole lot worse! He replied what the hell do you mean, it could be worse?

I told him that she could be dating a yankee! :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm going to take my border jumping wife up to ILL to shoot all yer ducks (second year duck hunting, she loves it). Take that.

But in all seriousness, can't tell if your trolling but, if you want to do things old school, I suggest you move to some where nice, like ruby ridge Idaho, build your wife/daughter/female dwelling mates a menstruation shed, shoot at federal officers over nothing and make a fool of your self...You've done a good job at the last one.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:37 pm

But on a serious note, history is full of cultures and ideologies over differing views, and these views and social norms constantly change with the tides of power. Hell, many views you have or actions you do were at one time considered sin among the most powerful and accepted cultures in history. Doesn't make them wrong, just realize that what you consider wrong isn't synonymous with actually being wrong.

I suppose if your view was right, or popular even, we wouldn't have the current administration we have now (disclaimer, I didn't vote for him, proud libertarian, not a left wing nut job)(disclaimer 2, popular social trends or ideologies do not make something right either, damn pot smoking hippies).
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Andy W wrote:
charlie beard wrote:From what I have seen the youth and young adults of today think this is Kosher.
So Flame away people.

Is it not kosher because you don't accept it?

he must be jewish. or likes pickles. :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Andy W » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:00 am

Or he doesn't like the darkies messing with the white women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jGQ-ISsDm8M
Andy W
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Charlie-
Would have to agree with the others that "love" (or infactuations :wink: ) have no boundaries, however , unless I've read or interpreted what's quoted above wrong, I'd have to stand in your camp, (minus the immoral part).

Think it's absolutely ridiculous, (downright wrong) for media to encourage or sensationalize alternative lifestyles and/or mixed race relationships- I feel it's being shoved down everyones' throat. Decisions that require a fully developed brain shouldn't be ADVERTIZED as haphazard , or "run of the mill".

Leave it alone, and let the "chips fall" as they may without all the hype.

Think too, that those who feel like the "way one was brought up" makes you wrong about ones' observations on what's really presently happening in this country needs to think again.

And always remember what you said a decade from now .
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby charlie beard » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:58 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:

Charlie-
Would have to agree with the others that "love" (or infactuations :wink: ) have no boundaries, however , unless I've read or interpreted what's quoted above wrong, I'd have to stand in your camp, (minus the immoral part).

Think it's absolutely ridiculous, (downright wrong) for media to encourage or sensationalize alternative lifestyles and/or mixed race relationships- I feel it's being shoved down everyones' throat. Decisions that require a fully developed brain shouldn't be ADVERTIZED as haphazard , or "run of the mill".

Leave it alone, and let the "chips fall" as they may without all the hype.

Think too, that those who feel like the "way one was brought up" makes you wrong about ones' observations on what's really presently happening in this country needs to think again.

And always remember what you said a decade from now .

Thanks Swamp.

The way this thread was posted most took it wrong.
I went to a black funeral last Friday in Burlington, Iowa at 11 am.
The man was a black preacher of an all black church.
I went not so mush for him but to show my respects to the family which some are my friends.

To set the records straight I do not hate blacks, Hispanics, etc.
I have my opinion and to some of you I am sorry if you disagree you are entitled to your opinion also.

By the way for some of the doubters google Burlington, Iowa Hawkeye newspaper Fri. Nov. 29. Obits.
charlie beard
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:Leave it alone, and let the "chips fall" as they may without all the hype.
And that is what we should do precisely because it IS in fact OK. This is in direct contradiction to what Charlie said.

I agree with the don't hype it. It is not better. It is just neutral.

That does not mean you ignore reality. Some places, it is a fact, that you and your family will not be accepted. While that is wrong, it is reality, and when raising a family, it is a factor on where you live and work.

swampbilly 1980 wrote:Think too, that those who feel like the "way one was brought up" makes you wrong about ones' observations on what's really presently happening in this country needs to think again.
I don't think anybody was saying that. The way Charlie used it is the typical way it is used and that is an excuse to not reflect upon your beliefs. At the end of the day, you will not have to defend your views to some idiot on the DHC.

excuse.jpg

charlie beard wrote:To set the records straight I do not hate blacks, Hispanics, etc.
We are all just different and shouldn't cross those lines when we marry and have children. Right?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:29 pm

charlie beard wrote:To set the records straight I do not hate blacks, Hispanics, etc.
We are all just different and shouldn't cross those lines when we marry and have children. Right?[/quote]

No wrong this does not mean I have to approve of it.
I am tired of this $hit on TV and being crammed down peoples throats.

I could care less if you marry a gay person.
Do I have to accept it no.

Not going to argue with you plus you have so much more education than myself I could not hold a candle to you and good for you.

Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees that works both ways.
charlie beard
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm

charlie beard wrote:Do I have to accept it no.
What do you mean by this? Nobody is forcing you to marry anyone or watch anything or ...

While I think much of this PC crap is just silly. I like the South Park approach to this PC nonsense

By chance, I have one black duck decoy, I in the South Park spirit refer to him as Token.

The absolute requirement for a gay character in shows now annoys me. It's the same thing. I believe it is counterproductive because it is so obvious and so silly. Which that part of what you said, I agree with. While we should be moving toward a color blind society (the part I disagree with you), we are becoming a race obsessed society. Our current President is President ONLY because he is black. While the ONLY reason Jackie Robinson almost did not become a professional baseball player was because he was black, it was a great thing for him to get what he deserved. Skin color was an issue that it never should have been. Obama on the other hand, would never be President if not for his skin color and he never would have even contemplated running in the Democrat primary because he would have got trounced if he was white. This is foolish. History repeating itself first as tragedy and now as farce.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I absolutely believe that is the ideal, but if you strive for that ideal today, you are a racist. You must consider a persons skin color or you can't be a good liberal fighting to right the wrongs of the past by reward those that were not wronged and punishing those that did not wrong anyone.

What I believe you should reflect on Charlie is not the silliness of this PC crap nor the harm of the race obsessed bean-counter approach to hiring and advertising, but why you believe a color blind society would be an immoral one.

Is a color blind society immoral or is that OK? That is where I disagree strongly with you. That is where I hope you don't argue with me, but think seriously about why you believe a color blind society would be immoral.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum