What about Christie?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

What about Christie?

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I knew a guy who tired to roast a whole hog on a spit. He got carried away with his lust for pork and the whole thing got too hot, caught fire, and burned to schidt. Fires are fun to watch.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Re: What about Christie?

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Jesus Christ! 7 of you have looked at this and none, that's right, ZERO, have anything to say--right or wrong--about the R's next coming ... Christie.

What a bunch of pansies.

Whut? Is Dancing with the Starz on?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:29 pm

I don't think anyone is going to come to his rescue, I'm certainly not. The quicker they get him out of the way the better off we are. But it is sad that a RINO Governor gets trotted out and investigated for a bridge closing, and nothing happens to those involved with Bengazi, IRS scandal, and all the O'Care problems.......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 pm

He's burnt toast.
No match for Hillary sad to say.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:40 pm

dudejcb wrote:Jesus Christ! 7 of you have looked at this and none, that's right, ZERO, have anything to say--right or wrong--about the R's next coming ... Christie.

What a bunch of pansies.

You act like he was some kind of conservative that any of us would like to see in the Whitehouse. Hear me and hear me now. Fu@&.....that......guy. The next coming? :huh: That is a song that your side drummed up after super storm Sandy. I'm enjoying the fire as much or more than you are.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Jesus Christ! 7 of you have looked at this and none, that's right, ZERO, have anything to say--right or wrong--about the R's next coming ... Christie.

What a bunch of pansies.

You act like he was some kind of conservative that any of us would like to see in the Whitehouse. Hear me and hear me now. Fu@&.....that......guy. The next coming? :huh: That is a song that your side drummed up after super storm Sandy. I'm enjoying the fire as much or more than you are.

Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

My respect for you all went up a notch. :clapping:
dudejcb
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Show me where I ever said I liked that self serving prick.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

No one here ever liked Christie or his douchbaggery.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:26 pm

What a bunch of pansies.

I thought it was about cooking, your analogy was pretty week. Maybe he could just have his taxing authority target some of his political opponents or the FBI turn over all their files that way we could enjoy Christie vs. Hillary (I love a good pig show).
boney fingers
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 pm

I liked his smart ass answers at times, other than that, a conservative he is not

it does it appear the little mayor hasn't been truthful now has she, seems like she is hard to talk with since it has been shown she lied a lot :yes:

lying seems to be common amongst Dems, Repubs too
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:36 pm

He did some great things, standing up against union thugs, other than that he sucks.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 am

If Hilary gets the nod and Willy moves in, do they need to put one of those signs on the front lawn of the Whitehouse that says "a sex offender lives here"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:22 am

Me and Black Betty wrote:If Hilary gets the nod and Willy moves in, do they need to put one of those signs on the front lawn of the Whitehouse that says "a sex offender lives here"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

nope, Hillary sanctioned Bill's play time :lol3: she likes gals too :beer:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:36 am

Here is what I said back in December 2005.

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=167026&p=1393309
SpinnerMan wrote:Chris Christie is not going to weather as well people think and he is definitely not ready.

While he is more ready to be President now, he weathered better than I expected, but he is not weather so well right now. Don't elect politicians from corrupt states like Illinois or New Jersey. Although I do like Jindal from Louisiana, not a state known for it's politicians of integrity. Maybe I'll have to lean toward Scott Walker.

It's also interesting that I thought at that point Romney had no chance and was a dead end. He was ultimately but not in the primary as I thought. Just like Obama and the Democrats benefited greatly from the IRS hamstringing the Tea Party type organizations, I'm sure Romney also got a lot of benefit from that in the primary.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm

:lol3:

Thought things were gonna play out a little differently... didn't ya...? :grooving:

This goes back to one fundamental rule...

Know your enemy... :lol3:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

dudejcb wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

What a bunch of pansies.

Glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

My respect for you all went up a notch. :clapping:

I don't think anyone needs your respect.

If his people did it without his knowledge, he certainly picked the wrong small people. If he did it, he is small. Christie is not small and he is certainly not stupid. There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run. This will be long forgotten after the midterms and he will still have a legitimate shot at the Republican nomination. He may even win it.

After reading your post, your foolish conclusions based solely on what you want to be true and your arrogance to believe your respect is held in any high esteem, I have less respect for you, not that it matters.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

vincentpa wrote:There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run.

vincentpa wrote:based solely on what you want to be true

Are you sure you are not doing the same thing? I agree with you except for the certainty in it.

When you are part of a corrupt culture like here in Illinois, you do these things without a second thought. This is why we have so many governors go to jail who at one point were have been believed by many to be too smart to do the stupid things they did.

I hope he was not involved. Personally, I like him as governor of New Jersey and no more. I don't want him to go further, but I hope this is not the reason. It would not surprise me if he turned a blind eye to maintain plausible deniability and his subordinates got out of control as a result of the culture that they come from. The openness with which they did this made it clear that it never crossed their minds that it was something they should hide from view as any non-corrupted person would even if they chose to engage in this abuse of power. This leads me to believe that either Christie knew and there will be evidence and he is DOA or that he had no involvement at all and they just did it without thinking at all.

However, if you watch Chris Matthews at all, this seems like the only thing he ever talks about, and there is no doubt that Christie is guilty and civilly liable and ... It's sad that someone like him who can be very smart loses it so often.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:30 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run.

vincentpa wrote:based solely on what you want to be true

Are you sure you are not doing the same thing? I agree with you except for the certainty in it.

When you are part of a corrupt culture like here in Illinois, you do these things without a second thought. This is why we have so many governors go to jail who at one point were have been believed by many to be too smart to do the stupid things they did.

I hope he was not involved. Personally, I like him as governor of New Jersey and no more. I don't want him to go further, but I hope this is not the reason. It would not surprise me if he turned a blind eye to maintain plausible deniability and his subordinates got out of control as a result of the culture that they come from. The openness with which they did this made it clear that it never crossed their minds that it was something they should hide from view as any non-corrupted person would even if they chose to engage in this abuse of power. This leads me to believe that either Christie knew and there will be evidence and he is DOA or that he had no involvement at all and they just did it without thinking at all.

However, if you watch Chris Matthews at all, this seems like the only thing he ever talks about, and there is no doubt that Christie is guilty and civilly liable and ... It's sad that someone like him who can be very smart loses it so often.

I didn't state anything with certainty. I stated "if", which leaves open the possibility that he did it. I don't believe he would be so stupid to exact a petty vendetta when he ostensibly has such high aspirations.

I agree with just about everything else you wrote. I like him as Gov. of NJ. His style is too brash for a president but maybe it could be refreshing. People would love it but grow tired of it by a second term. I disagree with some of his positions but he is not all that bad. If he were the Republican nominee, I would support him. He would be light years above anyone the Democrats could front for SCOTUS appointments alone. The election is almost three years away. We have no idea who will run and who will eventually be the nominee. One thing is certain, the Democrats and liberals fear Christie. They fear him a lot. It may be moot anyway for them. By the time 2016 rolls around, we will be due another recession that may bury any Democrat candidate and seal the fate of liberalism for another 30 years.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:38 pm

vincentpa wrote:I didn't state anything with certainty. I stated "if", which leaves open the possibility that he did it.
No, you said there is no way that he authorized it.

vincentpa wrote:If he did it, he is small. Christie is not small and he is certainly not stupid. There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run.
Your if is posited as a hypothetical which you then reject via your argument that he is not small and stupid, therefore there is no way he authorized it. Maybe that is not what you meant, if not, then I pretty much agree completely with you including the rest of the second post. :beer:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:I didn't state anything with certainty. I stated "if", which leaves open the possibility that he did it.

vincentpa wrote:If he did it, he is small. Christie is not small and he is certainly not stupid. There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run.
Your if is posited as a hypothetical which you then reject via your argument that he is not small and stupid, therefore there is no way he authorized it. Maybe that is not what you meant, if not, then I pretty much agree completely with you including the rest of the second post. :beer:

It's called hyperbole Spinner.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:57 pm

vincentpa wrote: One thing is certain, the Democrats and liberals fear Christie. They fear him a lot. It may be moot anyway for them. By the time 2016 rolls around, we will be due another recession that may bury any Democrat candidate and seal the fate of liberalism for another 30 years.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: You guys are a riot! If I remember correctly this is the same squad that stated unequivocably that Obama was on the way out in 2012. You guys must have a crystal ball or something! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Or perhaps it's all "based solely on what you want to be true" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote: One thing is certain, the Democrats and liberals fear Christie. They fear him a lot. It may be moot anyway for them. By the time 2016 rolls around, we will be due another recession that may bury any Democrat candidate and seal the fate of liberalism for another 30 years.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: You guys are a riot! If I remember correctly this is the same squad that stated unequivocably that Obama was on the way out in 2012. You guys must have a crystal ball or something! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Or perhaps it's all "based solely on what you want to be true" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I underestimated the number of white women that secretly want BBC.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:26 pm

Simply not true, I have it from a reliable source he has a LBC. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I underestimated the number of white women that secretly want BBC.

:lol3: :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 pm

vincentpa wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

It's called hyperbole Spinner.

So he is somewhat small and stupid and you were just exaggerating for effect :biggrin:

Glimmerjim wrote:If I remember correctly this is the same squad that stated unequivocably that Obama was on the way out in 2012.
Well, you have a very poor memory. I think it is probably related to the legalize it thread. However, why do you think Obama want so hard after the Tea Party, or his subordinates if you buy the Christie excuse, in an attempt to defund them? Maybe he was on his way out if he had not used the IRS for his political benefit. The Tea Party kicked ass in 2010 and Obama set the IRS upon them and they were not as effective in 2012. Nixon would be proud.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum