What about Christie?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: What about Christie?

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 am

:lol3:

Precedent is a funny thing...

I've heard the "right wingers" here talk about how Christie, if found guilty, should be strung up... so to speak.

I have yet to here a "left winger" say the same about a man, that if common sense is used, and political affiliation are thrown out, say the same about the Great and Powerful Oz-bama...

That is where credibility gets lost.

Has anyone put this Pres. and this congress in the "biggest lemon" thread...?
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:06 am

dudejcb wrote:And please Spinner: no one is going to slog through a 1500 word rant full of tangential diversions and rabbit holes. Try to keep it short, to the point, adn about New Jersey corruption. That's what this thread is about.

You'd have a better shot at peace in the Middle East than limiting one of Spinner's responses to just under the word count of War and Peace.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:29 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

So True!

I enjoy his long winded posts.

I have steadily worked to reduce mine at a certain liberal friends request. Though I have held back on calling foul a few times when other liberals claim I am being trite or short. :beer: It seems I cannot make them happy no matter how hard I try.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 am

That's because they don't respect people "trying"... :hammer:

They would rather you give up and stick your hand out... :lol3:

:sarcmark:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:42 am

ScaupHunter wrote::lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

So True!

I have steadily worked to reduce mine at a certain liberal friends request. Though I have held back on calling foul a few times when other liberals claim I am being trite or short. :beer: It seems I cannot make them happy no matter how hard I try.

What I don't get is, what do the people that complain about posts being too long read? 500 words is nothing on any serious topic. I doubt most of my "long" posts are beyond that. Given that any fairly educated person should be able to read at least 250 words per minute, it's not that much. It maybe just that I probably read in the ballpark of 50,000 words a day, so a few hundred doesn't seem like much. Now off to read and comment on a 6,000 word report.

Of course, for the liberals. They will never be happy. Would you be if you believe what they believe? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:03 am

ADHD is an amazing th..... Squirrel...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 am

Gunnysway wrote:ADHD is an amazing th..... Squirrel...

:lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 am

HEY... Are you laughing at m... Ooooo look... Shiney quarte.... I'm hungry.

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

I've posted this up many times and have never pretended to be anything but the nerd that I am.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 am

If you aren't a nerd, you'll likely be working for one anyways spin lol.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 am

Spinner, the nerds don't get to create a chart where the nerds are the optimum resultant at the centroid. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:20 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Spinner, the nerds don't get to create a chart where the nerds are the optimum resultant at the centroid. :lol3:

So social ineptitude is part of the optimum in your opinion? :eek:

Sorry, try again. It is not the optimum and I know that I am not a Geek, you Dork.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote::lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

So True!

What I don't get is, what do the people that complain about posts being too long read? 500 words is nothing on any serious topic. I doubt most of my "long" posts are beyond that. Given that any fairly educated person should be able to read at least 250 words per minute, it's not that much. It maybe just that I probably read in the ballpark of 50,000 words a day, so a few hundred doesn't seem like much. Now off to read and comment on a 6,000 word report.

Of course, for the liberals. They will never be happy. Would you be if you believe what they believe? :huh:

That's because most of us only have 30 seconds or less bases on our day job to read AND respond to a thread, which usually means reading other posts besides your epic rambling diatribes. You should recognize that most people give up with you not because you've one but because they don't have the time to address your tome of at times (not all of the time, not even most of the time but some of the time) foolishness.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm

I mean really, who the fugg has all of these graphs and other figures ready at hand that you seem to pull out of thin air for responses to the posts of others in the CIF? What the fugg do you do all day? Are you really working? Do you really have a real job? Or are you still living in your parents' basement?
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Now you've offended ME! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Spinner, the nerds don't get to create a chart where the nerds are the optimum resultant at the centroid. :lol3:

So social ineptitude is part of the optimum in your opinion? :eek:

Sorry, try again. It is not the optimum and I know that I am not a Geek, you Dork.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
cartervj wrote:It appears to me it's time to downsize, they have become a big ole mess of corruption.

:thumbsup:

dudejcb wrote:Whether I like big government or not is irrelevant. We have a big government.
And you will never fight to reduce the size and scope of big government, why?
who said I wouldn't? What parts do you think should go?

SpinnerMan wrote:... those such as yourself are not open minded enough to contemplate how an alternative solution would work. Your way is the only way that you consider and not the alternatives proposed which are given no serious consideration. All liberal thinking must be in the rigid box just like any other religious zealot. So you will never decide that while we have big government it is too big and it is time to downsize. It's just not a possibility that you are open to.
You don't really know me, or liberals, do you? IN contrast to your notion of liberalism, liberalism is actually defined as being open to, and tolerant of, other's views and practices, within a staunch belief in freedom and equality. here's a refresher...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

But you do have your very well defined stereotype of "liberal" think. So ya got that going for you ... generally, in the wrong direction.

could have fooled me....
Let's go back to the "what to cut from big government" part of this. I know where a lot of taxpayer money is being spent that the recipients could and should easily pay for themselves.

The federal government pays the fare (or a very large portion thereof) for every federal employee who participates in a van or carpool system. They get paid to save wear & tear on their personal vehicles, and ride for free, or close to it. I pay $160 a month for a 120 mile round trip five days a week; and my government coworkers who ride with me only pay $35 and the federal government pays the remainder of their fare. This 80% off fare is available to all federal employees from White House and congressional staff to sailors, airmen, General Service civilian support staff, the Army Corp of Engineers, National Labs, et. al. get to ride to work almost free on the public dime.

Granted. it was probably a good idea to investing in getting van and carpool systems established in the first place, but in my experience even paying full fare represents a big personal savings in gas, tires and miles on the truck. So, I think it's time, and I think it's fair, that federal employees pay their own full and fare just like the rest of the workaday world. It's only fair.

So Spinner, do any of your coworkers car/van pool?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:39 am

dudejcb wrote:So Spinner, do any of your coworkers car/van pool?
Not a one that I am aware of.
I am technically a contractor, a particular kind of contractor where from the outside it is pretty much a distinction without a difference. Our wages and benefits are constantly reviewed to ensure that they are not out of line with those paid in industry. That is not standard practice, so we do not get it. It has gone both ways, cuts in benefits and increases in wages. It's a pretty reasonable process.

I believe I remember when they started paying for that stuff and it was done as an executive order to go green and meet reduction targets. Don't have time to look it up at the moment.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 am

High Sierras wrote:Why do we care about Christie and New Jersey and corruption? Because he makes obama and his shenanigans look less suckey. Duh. Pretty much ever since the Clintons were in the white house, anytime a lib tries to make the case about how evil and corrupt a conservative politician is it's to try and soften the edge of whatever crappy dem is in office at the time. Want proof? Hey, Dude, give me three reasons to support obama and his policies that don't involve "well, gee, at least he's less suckey than old conservative so-an-so.

Still waiting dude, just three reasons. Surely you can do that, yes?

or maybe not :sad:
High Sierras
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am

High Sierras wrote:
High Sierras wrote:Why do we care about Christie and New Jersey and corruption? Because he makes obama and his shenanigans look less suckey. Duh. Pretty much ever since the Clintons were in the white house, anytime a lib tries to make the case about how evil and corrupt a conservative politician is it's to try and soften the edge of whatever crappy dem is in office at the time. Want proof? Hey, Dude, give me three reasons to support obama and his policies that don't involve "well, gee, at least he's less suckey than old conservative so-an-so.

Still waiting dude, just three reasons. Surely you can do that, yes?

or maybe not :sad:

Obama cares and you want poor people to die, especially if they are minorities and if they are a gay minority well $hit, it's hard to believe you haven't killed them already. Come on. Everybody knows that is real truth if you were truthful and not the lying neo-fascist hate monger that you are. No matter how bad Obama is, he cares and no matter how many people die because of his incompetence, well that is not his intention like it is the Republicans.

SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:25 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

I've posted this up many times and have never pretended to be anything but the nerd that I am.

Spinner,

First : You posted the graph that shows geeks at the centroid ( optimum ) so that is was not a personal preference or choice it was simply a comment on your graph.

Second : That is King Dork to you! Ya dweebish git! :beer: :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Spinner,

First : You posted the graph that shows geeks at the centroid ( optimum ) so that is was not a personal preference or choice it was simply a comment on your graph.

First, nerd was always at the centroid (I did not change or edit the graph)

Second, I never said I was a geek. I admit my social ineptitude. Admitting is the first step.

Third, the centroid does not necessarily equate to optimum anyways. It depends on the dimensions as to where the optimum is. And a nerd knows social ineptitude is not a positive attribute. That's why you will remain King Dork and not crossover to the nerdside.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:38 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Spinner,

First, nerd was always at the centroid (I did not change or edit the graph)

Second, I never said I was a geek. I admit my social ineptitude. Admitting is the first step.

Third, the centroid does not necessarily equate to optimum anyways. It depends on the dimensions as to where the optimum is. And a nerd knows social ineptitude is not a positive attribute. That's why you will remain King Dork and not crossover to the nerdside.

Brinkley? Fine piece of horse flesh, but I've never checked her teeth.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm

let's bump this back to where it belongs. Christie ain't out of the woods yet by a long ways.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 am

dudejcb wrote:let's bump this back to where it belongs. Christie ain't out of the woods yet by a long ways.

It's not about him being out of the woods. I'm almost sure that if they had something on him or he really did the deed, he would be toast by now. The goal is to do as much damage by smearing him in order to ruin his chance of running for president. Keep those blinders on.
vincentpa
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum