What about Christie?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: What about Christie?

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:08 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
vincentpa wrote:I didn't state anything with certainty. I stated "if", which leaves open the possibility that he did it.
No, you said there is no way that he authorized it.

vincentpa wrote:If he did it, he is small. Christie is not small and he is certainly not stupid. There is no way he authorized this foolishness when he is planning a presidential run.
Your if is posited as a hypothetical which you then reject via your argument that he is not small and stupid, therefore there is no way he authorized it. Maybe that is not what you meant, if not, then I pretty much agree completely with you including the rest of the second post. :beer:

It's called hyperbole Spinner.

So he is somewhat small and stupid and you were just exaggerating for effect :biggrin:

Glimmerjim wrote:If I remember correctly this is the same squad that stated unequivocably that Obama was on the way out in 2012.
Well, you have a very poor memory. I think it is probably related to the legalize it thread. However, why do you think Obama want so hard after the Tea Party, or his subordinates if you buy the Christie excuse, in an attempt to defund them? Maybe he was on his way out if he had not used the IRS for his political benefit. The Tea Party kicked ass in 2010 and Obama set the IRS upon them and they were not as effective in 2012. Nixon would be proud.

I wouldn't worry too much about Christie, Spinner. I'll be getting to Scott Walker soon.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:19 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Simply not true, I have it from a reliable source he has a LBC. :lol3:

You know Tony Sinclair? You should put him in touch with "the stalker". :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:00 pm

vincentpa wrote:
dudejcb wrote:... My respect for you all went up a notch. :clapping:

I don't think anyone needs your respect. ...
Gee VP. you probably didn't notice I made that post before you had come to the thread. True, no one NEEDs the respect of others. but it's a courtesy to offer it now and then to those who warrant it. After all, respect is earned while authority is given.

You have my sympathy.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm

I don't trust anybody Politian that's to fat to wear a pair of big man waders
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 pm

dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

Gee VP. you probably didn't notice I made that post before you had come to the thread. True, no one NEEDs the respect of others. but it's a courtesy to offer it now and then to those who warrant it. After all, respect is earned while authority is given.

You have my sympathy.

It's part of the conservative mantra, dude. Civility is lost. Pretty much a barbarian horde that want to revert us back to the most inhumane practices in human civilization......as long as THEY are running the show. Can NOT entertain any other ideas espoused other than those dictated to them by their idiotic talking heads. They remind me of a mountain climber attempting to scale a mountain. Every liberal foothold is safe and dry, every conserative foothold is loose and oily because they have no real foundation. So we might make a few ascending steps on the liberal rocks, but then one step on a conservative stone and we slide back three steps. Tough to make progress. But they stand up with a John Boehner self-assurance and obvious charismatic leadership ability :sarcmark: and make their proclamations. If they weren't serious adults it would be the funniest show in town.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Then why are liberals so afraid to let conservatives just do their thing in their own little slippery places? If it's so "bad", conservatives will fail miserably, right?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Jim, if you were asked "at what point in history do you believe America was at its best?", how would you reply?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:43 pm

assateague wrote:Then why are liberals so afraid to let conservatives just do their thing in their own little slippery places? If it's so "bad", conservatives will fail miserably, right?

They are as we speak.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:45 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Jim, if you were asked "at what point in history do you believe America was at its best?", how would you reply?

That will take a little reflection, cd. Give me the evening and I'll try to present a period and my reasoning tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 am

Glimmerjim wrote:If I remember correctly this is the same squad that stated unequivocably that Obama was on the way out in 2012.

SpinnerMan wrote: Well, you have a very poor memory.

Really now? If MY memory serves me correctly, you and I were discussing a bet in the $10K range. Not that you had the nerve to put your money where your mouth was, but that was still an issue of contention for quite a few posts. Now it's MY memory that doesn't serve well. Why would I propose a bet if you weren't a vocal proponent of the surety of an Obama loss?
Facts and reality and yourself have a rather tenuous relationship I am coming to accept.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 am

Glimmerjim wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about Christie, Spinner. I'll be getting to Scott Walker soon.

I am sure you will. You have nothing else but to tear down the Republicans because the Democrats suck so bad. I think they all suck, so I'll concede that. So let's get the control out of the hands of people that suck and back into the hands of the people :thumbsup:

However, Walker has positive results. Hillary slept with BIll like a hundred other women.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:08 am

dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

Dude,
you have my respect. I thought your comment about respect was a bit over the top so I sent one right back at you.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:11 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

It's part of the conservative mantra, dude. Civility is lost. Pretty much a barbarian horde that want to revert us back to the most inhumane practices in human civilization......as long as THEY are running the show. Can NOT entertain any other ideas espoused other than those dictated to them by their idiotic talking heads. They remind me of a mountain climber attempting to scale a mountain. Every liberal foothold is safe and dry, every conserative foothold is loose and oily because they have no real foundation. So we might make a few ascending steps on the liberal rocks, but then one step on a conservative stone and we slide back three steps. Tough to make progress. But they stand up with a John Boehner self-assurance and obvious charismatic leadership ability :sarcmark: and make their proclamations. If they weren't serious adults it would be the funniest show in town.

Jim, how does this even remotely relevant to the exchange between Dude and me?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 am

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

Another fine example of the effects of prolonged use of drugs, I have to admit that jim is always one of my favorite reads; it is sort of like where's Waldo at times.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Jim, if you were asked "at what point in history do you believe America was at its best?", how would you reply?

That will take a little reflection, cd. Give me the evening and I'll try to present a period and my reasoning tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Very good, Jim. And I will give you a concession on civil rights, as racial equality should have been always been part of "all men are created equal".
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:24 pm

boney fingers wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

Another fine example of the effects of prolonged use of drugs, I have to admit that jim is always one of my favorite reads; it is sort of like where's Waldo at times.

:lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:40 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

vincentpa wrote: Jim, how does this even remotely relevant to the exchange between Dude and me?

It was in reaction to your statement re Dude's post, which was intended to traverse party lines and differences and simply extend a personal graciousness. A guy walks up, says I know we disagree, but you have my respect anyway. What is your reaction..."I don't think anyone needs your respect..." Just crass behavior in my estimation.
After that, I just jumped down in the gutter to trash what I perceive as quite typical conservative behavior. It's on display here every other post....if you don't agree with the majority, you are every derogatory expletive known to have ever been uttered in the Merchant Marines.
Look at Spinner's last post....dhunt asks why "dumbass" and "douchebag" are thrown at him after a few polite exchanges re a different opinion. Spinner's response, to paraphrase...."We call you that because you are...."
Just wraps up the typical rude, crass, blowhard, Limbaughesque behavior I see exemplified every day by conservatives.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

vincentpa wrote: Jim, how does this even remotely relevant to the exchange between Dude and me?

It was in reaction to your statement re Dude's post, which was intended to traverse party lines and differences and simply extend a personal graciousness. A guy walks up, says I know we disagree, but you have my respect anyway. What is your reaction..."I don't think anyone needs your respect..." Just crass behavior in my estimation.
After that, I just jumped down in the gutter to trash what I perceive as quite typical conservative behavior. It's on display here every other post....if you don't agree with the majority, you are every derogatory expletive known to have ever been uttered in the Merchant Marines.
Look at Spinner's last post....dhunt asks why "dumbass" and "douchebag" are thrown at him after a few polite exchanges re a different opinion. Spinner's response, to paraphrase...."We call you that because you are...."
Just wraps up the typical rude, crass, blowhard, Limbaughesque behavior I see exemplified every day by conservatives.

How many times do I have to tell you douche bag and dumbass are terms of endearment in the CI Forum!

Dude's comment of having respect for agreeing with him implies that he does not respect those with whom he disagrees, which is hardly agreeable.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

At some point you just get sick of liberals that think they know-it-all, but can Image up a wet dream. Look at Obamacare, if you didn't see that failure coming from a bill that nobody read, I'm sorry, but how are you not a dumbass? :huh: The so-called stimulus bill. The libs said it would do great things the economy and the Limbaughesque crowd said you are smoking dope. Of course, there response was, yes, but this time it really will work. It failed and we are told by these dumbass that it failed because it was not big enough. :rolleyes: What else can you do? You can't reason with people that think you can make sound public policy by passing massive laws that nobody read or that when a policy fails that think it would have worked if we had only doubled down. If liberals are so damned smart why do they do things that are so damned stupid.

dhunt is the typical liberal propaganda machine. He has no doubt that he is right and he will present an endless string of statistics that he does not understand nor will give serious consideration to what goes into these statistics and under what conditions they can give misleading indications. Obama's budget requests were astronomical. In the FY11 budget request Obama wanted to spent $4,161B, but since the Republicans regained the House, that number has been forced down by nearly $400B PER YEAR which is a reduced spending of well over $1,000 for every man, woman, and child living in this country legally and illegally. His projections for revenue were also wildly off, so just think of all the added debt for just those few years that was avoid, but hey it's Obama's fault because he didn't really want to spend that money that he requested :rolleyes:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collection.action?collectionCode=BUDGET&browsePath=Fiscal+Year+2011

If you don't like being called a dumbass, stop being a dumbass. :umm:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 pm

vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
vincentpa wrote:

You have my sympathy.

How many times do I have to tell you douche bag and dumbass are terms of endearment in the CI Forum!

Dude's comment of having respect for agreeing with him implies that he does not respect those with whom he disagrees, which is hardly agreeable.

:lol3: :lol3: Fair enough, vp. I extend the olive branch. Just don't smack me across the face with it, ok? :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:31 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Very good, Jim. And I will give you a concession on civil rights, as racial equality should have been always been part of "all men are created equal".

OK, cd. After just some loose consideration, and no real research I would say that obviously our era of the War for Independence has to be considered as a crowning achievement. But in modern times I think you almost have to break it down into contexts. In other words:

I would say the 40's, for a sense of strength and unity. We were (seemingly) unified in our goal to combat the "evil" enemy. We were all committed to a common cause, and willing to work and sacrifice for it.

I would say the 50's, for the promise of the future. The economy was booming, there was a heady feeling of victory over evil, the American Dream was within the grasp of anyone that wanted to simply work hard, and we were still for the most part unified in what and who we were.

I would say the 60's for an awakening to the need for change. As you stated the civil rights issue came front and center, the complexities and moralities involved in war and particularly nuclear war were being discussed, there was a huge feeling of change in the as manifested through the arts, the various "anti" movements, and a feeling of the ability of the people to change society, right wrongs, and simply become more than what we were.

I fully realize that any of these can be picked apart. It is just my loose interpretation, or my personal perspective as it were.

I also believe that while we are currently facing some enormous challenges, this era could be argued to be a defining moment in our history. Technological, medical, and scientific knowledge is expanding at an ever increasing rate, and the future has never held such promise. Never, though, has it held so many potentialities for cataclysmic ruin, either.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

OK, cd. After just some loose consideration, and no real research I would say that obviously our era of the War for Independence has to be considered as a crowning achievement. But in modern times I think you almost have to break it down into contexts. In other words:

I would say the 40's, for a sense of strength and unity. We were (seemingly) unified in our goal to combat the "evil" enemy. We were all committed to a common cause, and willing to work and sacrifice for it.

I would say the 50's, for the promise of the future. The economy was booming, there was a heady feeling of victory over evil, the American Dream was within the grasp of anyone that wanted to simply work hard, and we were still for the most part unified in what and who we were.

I would say the 60's for an awakening to the need for change. As you stated the civil rights issue came front and center, the complexities and moralities involved in war and particularly nuclear war were being discussed, there was a huge feeling of change in the as manifested through the arts, the various "anti" movements, and a feeling of the ability of the people to change society, right wrongs, and simply become more than what we were.

I fully realize that any of these can be picked apart. It is just my loose interpretation, or my personal perspective as it were.

I also believe that while we are currently facing some enormous challenges, this era could be argued to be a defining moment in our history. Technological, medical, and scientific knowledge is expanding at an ever increasing rate, and the future has never held such promise. Never, though, has it held so many potentialities for cataclysmic ruin, either.

I am pretty much in total agreement with you assessment of these eras. The late 60's though, I'm not so sure. I was not born yet but the thought of our young people spitting on our returning soldiers really paints a bad picture in my mind. Though some good came from that era, I don't believe it was a great time in our history. Now aside from the tumultuous 60's-70's era, would you consider the political climate of these eras as more conservative or liberal (in the current sence of the terms) than today?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:33 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I am pretty much in total agreement with you assessment of these eras. The late 60's though, I'm not so sure. I was not born yet but the thought of our young people spitting on our returning soldiers really paints a bad picture in my mind. Though some good came from that era, I don't believe it was a great time in our history. Now aside from the tumultuous 60's-70's era, would you consider the political climate of these eras as more conservative or liberal (in the current sence of the terms) than today?

Well, if we just consider the 29 year period between 1940 and 1969, and look at who held the Presidency, my calcs show 20 for Democrats and 9 for Republicans. Disregarding the Rep vs Lib labels, which I am sure is more your intention, I would say there was such a discrepancy between what was a conservative at that time and currently that it is difficult to really say. In direct categories, I would say we had FDR, Kennedy and Johnson as liberal, Reagan and Eisenhower as conservative. Truman? Social liberal, fiscal conservative. Still, just judging the eras or the climate of the day by Presidential party is over-simplistic, I fully realize.
So, to actually answer you question I would say we started the real ascension of becoming a world power through a more liberal policy, we entered into a period of conservatism, and then once became more liberal in our thinking. I guess my real answer is that I consider as a natural and expected pendulum, cd, as I have found most things in life to be.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:39 pm

I don't know, Jim. Get rid of the D's next to their names on the ballot sheets and many of the democrats of old, Kennedy for instance, always struck me as being more conservative than many of todays republican so-called conservatives. Heck, Kennedy was the forerunner of "Reaganomics". I would surmise that overall it was a far more conservative era than today.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 pm

When was Reagan president again?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum