What about Christie?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: What about Christie?

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:16 pm

cartervj wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:No one here takes him seriously for a lot of reasons.

Aw c'mon, Scaup. Lay off a bit. dude is a decent guy whether you agree with him or not. And I've never heard him get personal about anyone.

If you cry fowl and conspiracy then make excuses for those you like when they have done the same thing you are a complete ass hat with a douche bag cherry on top! Trying to play it both ways to your benefit makes it so your being a decent guy is completely canceled by your lack of integrity.

First: don't care if Scaup takes me seriously. It's mutual.

Second: When you look at the gaggle of ex Justice Department cronies Christie has in his New Jersey machine, and then see the various things they've done, it appears there is an eerily similar, if not organized, effort to expand power on several fronts, not just the lane closures. The use of hurricane Sandy relief funds is especially interesting/concerning and deserves more sunshine and scrutiny. SERIOUS stuff.

What about entire Obama Administration filled with Chicago acolytes and liberal cronies? What about the IRS? What about the stimulus? What about the ACA? Anything Christie is ALLEGED (so far only accusations in four years yet to be produce a shred, a shred of evidence) to have done pales in comparison to what Barry and his minions has done you myopic hypocritical fool.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

X2! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
And I don't like Christie either, but Obama is far worse!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
cartervj wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Aw c'mon, Scaup. Lay off a bit. dude is a decent guy whether you agree with him or not. And I've never heard him get personal about anyone.

If you cry fowl and conspiracy then make excuses for those you like when they have done the same thing you are a complete ass hat with a douche bag cherry on top! Trying to play it both ways to your benefit makes it so your being a decent guy is completely canceled by your lack of integrity.

Second: When you look at the gaggle of ex Justice Department cronies Christie has in his New Jersey machine, and then see the various things they've done, it appears there is an eerily similar, if not organized, effort to expand power on several fronts, not just the lane closures. The use of hurricane Sandy relief funds is especially interesting/concerning and deserves more sunshine and scrutiny. SERIOUS stuff.

What about entire Obama Administration filled with Chicago acolytes and liberal cronies? What about the IRS? What about the stimulus? What about the ACA? Anything Christie is ALLEGED (so far only accusations in four years yet to be produce a shred, a shred of evidence) to have done pales in comparison to what Barry and his minions has done you myopic hypocritical fool.

If that's your opinion, fine, bring it up and shout it from the rooftops. That's kind a what most on DHC do repeatedly, every day, over and over. Good on y'all, that old near dead horse is taking a huge whipping and you boys don't really need my help. You've got it more than well covered.

Aside from the constant Obama harangue that normal ongoing on DHC fodder, I ventured to broach a different emerging story. The Christie story line is growing and propagating into new directions well beyond lane closures. Anyone hear anything about any of this?

The problem with Christie reminds me of what an older manager once said to me long ago. He had sort of taken me under his wing as a mentor and would often hold forth on certain topics of the day. He said, and I quote "The problem with A$$holes is that they surround themselves with other a$$holes, so that when the original old A$$hole finally leaves/retires/goes away ... you still have all the other a$$holes to deal with." As he said this he would wave his hand--holding a cigar--about his head in circles so as to indicate that the universe about us was literally full of a$$holes that needed to be dealt with. Have to chuckle. He was right.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Liberal when it comes to Obama....

I'm certain you will see me criticizing our next president as well, don't care who he/she will be...won't matter because it'll just be another false choice unless a miracle occurs.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:38 am

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
cartervj wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

If that's your opinion, fine, bring it up and shout it from the rooftops. That's kind a what most on DHC do repeatedly, every day, over and over. Good on y'all, that old near dead horse is taking a huge whipping and you boys don't really need my help. You've got it more than well covered.

Aside from the constant Obama harangue that normal ongoing on DHC fodder, I ventured to broach a different emerging story. The Christie story line is growing and propagating into new directions well beyond lane closures. Anyone hear anything about any of this?

The problem with Christie reminds me of what an older manager once said to me long ago. He had sort of taken me under his wing as a mentor and would often hold forth on certain topics of the day. He said, and I quote "The problem with A$$holes is that they surround themselves with other a$$holes, so that when the original old A$$hole finally leaves/retires/goes away ... you still have all the other a$$holes to deal with." As he said this he would wave his hand--holding a cigar--about his head in circles so as to indicate that the universe about us was literally full of a$$holes that needed to be dealt with. Have to chuckle. He was right.

Said the butt he was talking about. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 am

dudejcb wrote:If that's your opinion, fine, bring it up and shout it from the rooftops. That's kind a what most on DHC do repeatedly, every day, over and over. Good on y'all, that old near dead horse is taking a huge whipping and you boys don't really need my help. You've got it more than well covered.

Obama is a proven liar with a corrupt administration.

Christie is a suspected liar with a corrupt administration.

While I am sure you can find people that are just as hypocritical about Christie as you are about Obama. I think both should not be trusted with power.

Hypocritical defense only reflects upon the defenders. All this seems to prove is that the left believes that the Republicans should have defended Nixon and refused to expel him like the Democrats did with Obama. All that matters is who is winning as if it is some college sports rivalry.

Obama or Christie, the people will lose. In the case of Obama it's millions of people thrown out of insurance, but that's just a statistic and if other people benefit, screw those that suffer, it's just the collateral damage in the war on inequality. Of course, Obamacare encourages people to not earn more or they will lose their benefits :hammer: It is a huge impedance to reducing inequality, which gets at the real problem that the people on the left are just too damned dumb to understand the implications of what they do, so they create an enemy in their mind and tilt at that windmill.

With Christie, so far it has been truly minor compared to Obama, but that should not be acceptable unless we want a corrupt society, which, the left seems to say is OK as long as they are winning like in the community organized by our current failed President.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
cartervj wrote:
vincentpa wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Your self esteem could use some work. It's hard to here someone berate themselves like that. It's rough to know you live your life with such self loathing... but alas... there it is... In all its glory...

WE FINALLY agree on something. :lol3:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:19 am

dudejcb wrote:If that's your opinion, fine, bring it up and shout it from the rooftops. That's kind a what most on DHC do repeatedly, every day, over and over. Good on y'all, that old near dead horse is taking a huge whipping and you boys don't really need my help. You've got it more than well covered.

sounds just like Obama's crew :thumbsup:

sorry it is so hard for you to see

of course if Bush was still in I'd bet everything that you'd be a bashing :welcome:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:59 am

Noah Bryson Mamet, who bundled $500,000 for President Barack Obama hoped the Senate would pave the way for his first trip to Argentina – by confirming him as ambassador.

Mamet made the admission to having never been to the country on Thursday about a month after two other Obama nominees for ambassadorships had embarrassing confirmation hearings. The nominee for ambassador to Norway, George J. Tsunis, who raised $1.3 million for the president, and the nominee to be ambassador to Hungary, Colleen Bradley Bell, raised $800,000, both demonstrated little knowledge about the countries they wish to work in.

During his second term in office, Obama has nominated 23 bundlers who raised a total of $16.1 million for the president since 2007 to be ambassadors, according to the watchdog group Center for Public Integrity.

George Tsunis (Source: Youtube Screen shot)
But recent problems have even drawing criticism from a former Clinton administration State Department official.

Henri J. Barkey served on the State Department’s planning staff from 1998 to 2000, and is now a professor of international relations at Lehigh University. He wrote in a Washington Post, “The Obama administration’s appointments suggest that the president isn’t being honest when he says that diplomacy is important to him.”

“Both Democrats and Republicans reward those who helped their campaigns,” Barkey added. “But for a president who just told the nation of his commitment to reducing inequality, this practice of rewarding unqualified people, whose ‘good deed’ is to have bundled campaign funds, is particularly jarring.”

Barkey stressed he wasn’t entirely opposed to political connected people being appointed, so long as they understood their diplomatic mission.

“There have also been political-appointee ambassadors who would have rivaled, and possibly surpassed, the best the State Department could produce,” he wrote, adding, “Unfortunately, some current nominees are a modern version of the 18th-century French practice of the sale of offices. Then, the income derived went to finance state activities; now, it is for financing campaigns.”

On Thursday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) asked Mamet during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, “have you been to Argentina?”

Mamet responded, “Senator, I haven’t had the opportunity yet to be there. I travel pretty extensively around the world, but I haven’t yet had the chance.”
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:09 pm

cartervj wrote:
Noah Bryson Mamet, who bundled $500,000 for President Barack Obama hoped the Senate would pave the way for his first trip to Argentina – by confirming him as ambassador.

Mamet made the admission to having never been to the country on Thursday about a month after two other Obama nominees for ambassadorships had embarrassing confirmation hearings. The nominee for ambassador to Norway, George J. Tsunis, who raised $1.3 million for the president, and the nominee to be ambassador to Hungary, Colleen Bradley Bell, raised $800,000, both demonstrated little knowledge about the countries they wish to work in.

During his second term in office, Obama has nominated 23 bundlers who raised a total of $16.1 million for the president since 2007 to be ambassadors, according to the watchdog group Center for Public Integrity.

George Tsunis (Source: Youtube Screen shot)
But recent problems have even drawing criticism from a former Clinton administration State Department official.

Henri J. Barkey served on the State Department’s planning staff from 1998 to 2000, and is now a professor of international relations at Lehigh University. He wrote in a Washington Post, “The Obama administration’s appointments suggest that the president isn’t being honest when he says that diplomacy is important to him.”

“Both Democrats and Republicans reward those who helped their campaigns,” Barkey added. “But for a president who just told the nation of his commitment to reducing inequality, this practice of rewarding unqualified people, whose ‘good deed’ is to have bundled campaign funds, is particularly jarring.”

Barkey stressed he wasn’t entirely opposed to political connected people being appointed, so long as they understood their diplomatic mission.

“There have also been political-appointee ambassadors who would have rivaled, and possibly surpassed, the best the State Department could produce,” he wrote, adding, “Unfortunately, some current nominees are a modern version of the 18th-century French practice of the sale of offices. Then, the income derived went to finance state activities; now, it is for financing campaigns.”

On Thursday, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) asked Mamet during a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing, “have you been to Argentina?”

Mamet responded, “Senator, I haven’t had the opportunity yet to be there. I travel pretty extensively around the world, but I haven’t yet had the chance.”
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I didn't see anything about Christie. This belongs in the I hate Obama thread.

Inda, can this post be moved to Carter's new thread:"The Thousand and One Ways I Hates Me Some Obama"

DHC should provide a great vehicle on which to compile a compendium of contemporary observations and interpretations of Obamaphobes. IT will be historic. It will be Epic. It will be a gift to future generations. But that's another thread.

So ... What about Christie.
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Gunnysway wrote:...Your self esteem could use some work. It's hard to here someone berate themselves like that. It's rough to know you live your life with such self loathing... but alas... there it is... In all its glory...

WE FINALLY agree on something. :lol3:
Yes. It's also hard to hear.

I take you to mean you like and agree Mr. H's observation on human kind's workings; although I'm sure you intended otherwise.
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:00 pm

I posted a thread about christie. His presidential aspirations are toast, and I'm glad. Another false choice.

He is a state governor, Obama is the President with more far reaching implications to the nation than christie.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Supposedly, there was a witness that could corroborate that Christie knew about the lane closures. If that bears out to be true, the judge should hit Christie with everything he can.

Any news on this witness?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Indaswamp wrote:I posted a thread about christie. His presidential aspirations are toast, and I'm glad. Another false choice.

He is a state governor, Obama is the President with more far reaching implications to the nation than Christie.
I don't necessarily disagree out of hand. But whether at the state, federal, or local, all of this is ... bad and it always deserves note, especially when the central figure is thought by many to be a prez candidate.

I believe that far more inspection and scrutiny is focused on the POTUS, whereas most state, county, or local elected officials are not subject to near the same rigor, except in very rare (big City) circumstances. So what's wrong with taking a look around the neighborhood?

Your State had the famous Huey Long. Chicago Mr. Daly. Did you watch Boardwalk Empire? Shenanigans is shenanigans, wherever you find them. They're interesting and instructive.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Lane closures versus true incompetency, hmm give me lane closures for a 1000

Sorry Christie knowing or not knowing is meaningless in my life, Obama's imperialistic style has far reaching implications in my life.
I'm just pointing out the clamoring by the leftist media.

personally if he pulled the stunt let him go, it's funny how the media has been digging digging digging on this one. Notice how the mayor kinda disappeared after her claim of unfairness. Seems her town got as much as other towns.

I bet it has to do with Republicans HATING women. :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I posted a thread about christie. His presidential aspirations are toast, and I'm glad. Another false choice.

He is a state governor, Obama is the President with more far reaching implications to the nation than Christie.
I don't necessarily disagree out of hand. But whether at the state, federal, or local, all of this is ... bad and it always deserves note, especially when the central figure is thought by many to be a prez candidate.

I believe that far more inspection and scrutiny is focused on the POTUS, whereas most state, county, or local elected officials are not subject to near the same rigor, except in very rare (big City) circumstances. So what's wrong with taking a look around the neighborhood?

Your State had the famous Huey Long. Chicago Mr. Daly. And Mr. and Mrs. Obama Did you watch Boardwalk Empire? Shenanigans is shenanigans, wherever you find them. They're interesting and instructive.

FIFY.

Corruption is corruption, it is not shenanigans. This is peoples lives they are screwing with for their own personal benefit. A far better word is abuse of power. Crooks works fine. Criminals is often justified. Untrustworthy is clear. Shenanigans is just a way to deny and downplay the seriousness of the wrongdoing by these people. Public officials if not judged harshly will act just like the IRS, the President and his lies about Bengazi, the Christie administration and the bridge and maybe other stuff, tje Obama's and his crooked deal to buy their house, and on and on. When society looks at these abuses as shenanigans, what the hell do they expect the people to do. Try to avoid the appearance of impropriety or act improper and expect to get away with it?

We have zero tolerance for kids doing things we should have tolerance for them doing because they are kids, but we have ridiculous amounts of tolerance for people abusing the power of government for their personal benefit, where we should have zero tolerance. Otherwise, seriously, we get what we should expect.

What do these "shenanigans" instruct you to do, since you find them instructive? They instruct me to not trust these people any more than necessary and that we should have zero tolerance and harsh penalties for those that get caught red handed. Christie has not been caught red handed, but that doesn't mean anyone should vote to promote him. It's not worth the risk.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 pm

cartervj wrote:Lane closures versus true incompetency, hmm give me lane closures for a 1000

Sorry Christie knowing or not knowing is meaningless in my life, Obama's imperialistic style has far reaching implications in my life.

personally if he pulled the stunt let him go, it's funny how the media has been digging digging digging on this one. Notice how the mayor kinda disappeared after her claim of unfairness. Seems her town got as much as other towns.

I bet it has to do with Republicans HATING women. :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Hear me, and hear me now, Carter. THE CONVERSATION AROUND CHRISTIE HAS CHANGED TO ONE ABOUT HOW FEDERAL HURRICANE SANDY DISASTER RELIEF MONEY WAS DOLED OUT BY THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE. IT appears that some of the money was diverted to a new "development" project, away from homeowners who suffered storm damage, did not get fixes they were supposed to and are now facing bankruptcy. Nice work by nice people. Christie and/or his minions from the justice department that are his machine appear to have strong armed and stepped on the toes of local politicians demanding quid pro quo transactions. AT THIS POINT, WHILE THE LANE CLOSURE DEBACLE WINDS ON and ON, THE DISCUSSION AROUND CHRISTIE HAS MOVED ON TO OTHER AREAS.

Do you hear me now Carter?
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:06 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote: Did you watch Boardwalk Empire? Shenanigans is shenanigans, wherever you find them. They're interesting and instructive. Corruption is corruption, it is not shenanigans.
shenanigans, shemanigans.

SpinnerMan wrote:We have zero tolerance for kids doing things we should have tolerance for them doing because they are kids,
Whut?(and here's where you run off-thread)
SpinnerMan wrote:but we have ridiculous amounts of tolerance for people abusing the power of government for their personal benefit, where we should have zero tolerance. Otherwise, seriously, we get what we should expect.
So ... you wanna zero tolerance hang 'em?
SpinnerMan wrote:What do these "shenanigans" instruct you to do, since you find them instructive?
Mostly at first, just to pay attention to try and understand what did or did not happen. In fact, that's why I started this thread.
SpinnerMan wrote:They instruct me to not trust these people any more than necessary and that we should have zero tolerance and harsh penalties for those that get caught red handed.
So ... you wanna hang 'em?

SpinnerMan wrote:Christie has not been caught red handed but it seems almost a certaintly. After all it took Ken Starr quite a while to put together the dress stain and the cigar, and the story/investigation traveled far and yon; but that doesn't mean anyone should vote to promote him. It's not worth the risk.
FIFY yourself.

Spinner, if you can't stay on point (i.e., What about Christie? et.al.) you need to go to the Obamaphile thread with your angst.
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Sounds like our old Edwin Edwards......

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:55 pm

dudejcb wrote:
cartervj wrote:Lane closures versus true incompetency, hmm give me lane closures for a 1000

Hear me, and hear me now, Carter. THE CONVERSATION AROUND CHRISTIE HAS CHANGED TO ONE ABOUT HOW FEDERAL HURRICANE SANDY DISASTER RELIEF MONEY WAS DOLED OUT BY THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE. IT appears that some of the money was diverted to a new "development" project, away from homeowners who suffered storm damage, did not get fixes they were supposed to and are now facing bankruptcy. Nice work by nice people. Christie and/or his minions from the justice department that are his machine appear to have strong armed and stepped on the toes of local politicians demanding quid pro quo transactions. AT THIS POINT, WHILE THE LANE CLOSURE DEBACLE WINDS ON and ON, THE DISCUSSION AROUND CHRISTIE HAS MOVED ON TO OTHER AREAS.

Do you hear me now Carter?

I thought the hurricane thingy was Bush's fault, damn it's hard to keep up :lol3:

Nashville flooded and no media coverage, Obama didn't show up for Sandy and was slow to release funds. So now it's a Repubs fault cause Christie wouldn't do something or something like that.

kinda looks like what Big Government has become no matter which side of the isle you're from.

Are you a fan of Big Government, I mean after all it is what happens under Big Government.
I don't like Big Government.
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Whether I like big government or not is irrelevant. We have a big government. If you live in certain states you have big state governments.

All governments bear scrutiny and all due disrespect.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:17 pm

It appears to me it's time to downsize, they have become a big ole mess of corruption.
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:19 am

cartervj wrote:It appears to me it's time to downsize, they have become a big ole mess of corruption.

:thumbsup:

dudejcb wrote:Whether I like big government or not is irrelevant. We have a big government.
And you will never fight to reduce the size and scope of big government, why? We are not required to have big government in perpetuity are we? :no: Of course, those such as yourself are not open minded enough to contemplate how an alternative solution would work. Your way is the only way that you consider and not the alternatives proposed which are given no serious consideration. All liberal thinking must be in the rigid box just like any other religious zealot. So you will never decide that while we have big government it is too big and it is time to downsize. It's just not a possibility that you are open to.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
cartervj wrote:It appears to me it's time to downsize, they have become a big ole mess of corruption.

dudejcb wrote:Whether I like big government or not is irrelevant. We have a big government.
And you will never fight to reduce the size and scope of big government, why?
who said I wouldn't? What parts do you think should go?

SpinnerMan wrote:... those such as yourself are not open minded enough to contemplate how an alternative solution would work. Your way is the only way that you consider and not the alternatives proposed which are given no serious consideration. All liberal thinking must be in the rigid box just like any other religious zealot. So you will never decide that while we have big government it is too big and it is time to downsize. It's just not a possibility that you are open to.
You don't really know me, or liberals, do you? IN contrast to your notion of liberalism, liberalism is actually defined as being open to, and tolerant of, other's views and practices, within a staunch belief in freedom and equality. here's a refresher...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

But you do have your very well defined stereotype of "liberal" think. So ya got that going for you ... generally, in the wrong direction.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:46 am

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

And you will never fight to reduce the size and scope of big government, why?
who said I wouldn't? What parts do you think should go?

SpinnerMan wrote:... those such as yourself are not open minded enough to contemplate how an alternative solution would work. Your way is the only way that you consider and not the alternatives proposed which are given no serious consideration. All liberal thinking must be in the rigid box just like any other religious zealot. So you will never decide that while we have big government it is too big and it is time to downsize. It's just not a possibility that you are open to.
You don't really know me, or liberals, do you? IN contrast to your notion of liberalism, liberalism is actually defined as being open to, and tolerant of, other's views and practices, within a staunch belief in freedom and equality. here's a refresher...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

But you do have your very well defined stereotype of "liberal" think. So ya got that going for you ... generally, in the wrong direction.

That is how liberals want to see themselves. I know they believe it true, but their actions and statements are quite the opposite.

That's why I prefer the term leftist, because Obama is not a liberal in the classical definition. He is an authoritarian at heart. He is not open minded and tolerant.

Look at the "liberal" government of New York and Mayor of New York City. Both said certain people have no place in their state. That is typical liberal tolerance these days. It is this lack of tolerance that drives them to centralized singular government under their control. Why didn't Obama demonstrate Obamacare at the state level? Run for governor and show by example how awesome it is? Why when he was supposedly this great community organizer did he never help solve the problems of his community, but sought ever greater power for himself? Why did he support imposition of Obamacare without an extended and open debate, but instead to ram through a bill that nobody read, so they had no clue what was in the final version, let alone had an extended debate to actually try and figure out how many millions would be thrown out of their current plans and how many millions would lose their doctors, etc., but simply declaring it will not happen which was in hindsight either complete and total ignorance at the time or a baldfaced lie to deceive Americans into imposing their authoritarian wishes. Now for most supporters it was complete and total ignorance, but they seem perfectly fine to have been deceived which shows that they really are just as bad as the politicians that lied. None of this is classic liberalism seeking open and honest debate, tolerance of differing opinions, or any of the things they like to pretend like they are and those they wish to impose their views upon are not.

If you are open to the possibility that small decentralized government is the best solution, then your opinion is relevant. It is only irrelevant because you reject the notion. Of course, you can't say that because then you can't remain in denial that you are open minded.

I understand liberals quite well. They have a huge superiority complex that prevents them from being open minded, particular when it comes to the personal flaws and the shortcoming of their ideas.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:57 am

Spinner, this thread is about what's going on in New Jersey with Christie and his cohorts. Start a new thread about those lying liberals if you want to tell us what we're like. Try to stay on task.
dudejcb
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum