What about Walker?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: What about Walker?

Postby cartervj » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 pm

thought the last one was posted in the California Water thread :huh:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm

cartervj wrote:thought the last one was posted in the California Water thread :huh:
It was. I brought it home.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 am

oops. sorry guys, I tried to move the posts from the cali water thread and I think I accidentally deleted them. My bad... :sad:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:11 am

cartervj wrote:Even Maher gets it

Bill Maher, first admitting he’s a fan of MSNBC, challenged Rachel Maddow on “Real Time” Friday night over what he sees as her network’s “over the top” coverage of Bridgegate, the scandal hanging over N.J. Gov. Chris Christie’s administration.

Maher told Maddow, an MSNBC host, that the network has been leading many of its shows night after night over the last two months with Bridgegate and shouldn’t be a “top story” at this point.

“I am totally obsessed with the Christie story, unapologetically,” Maddow responded, which soon drew cheers and claps from the audience.

Maher questioned if the scandal had involved a Democrat governor in a state farther from media-obsessed New York City, would it be covered the same way? “It’s not Watergate,” Maher noted. “He’s not the president.”

“When there are gonzo political corruption stories, you cover them,” Maddow said.

Yep. Always watch Maher, Carter. That was pretty interesting. Maddow is usually pretty glib and in control, but she didn't even realize how Maher was tearing her up. Maher is an intelligent guy. You may not agree with everything he says, but he articulates better than 99% of the media, makes it funny, and is not all that partisan. Even when Obama screws up, he's all over it, albeit with a decided liberal slant.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 am

Glimmerjim wrote:.... and is not all that partisan. Even when Obama screws up, he's all over it, albeit with a decided liberal slant.

No contradiction there....

@
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby cartervj » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Indaswamp wrote:oops. sorry guys, I tried to move the posts from the cali water thread and I think I accidentally deleted them. My bad... :sad:

it fits here as well, the email stuff that is :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:38 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:.... and is not all that partisan. Even when Obama screws up, he's all over it, albeit with a decided liberal slant.

No contradiction there....

@

:lol3: I see your point. I mean that it's obvious that he is at heart a decided liberal, but he is on occasion open to slamming a Democrat for stupid behavior.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Sounds like the Ad MSNBC was running about The Nation magazine. An unbiased fact finding publication with a Liberal slant. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm

cartervj wrote:Sounds like the Ad MSNBC was running about The Nation magazine. An unbiased fact finding publication with a Liberal slant. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That's funny?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 pm

dudejcb wrote:
cartervj wrote:Sounds like the Ad MSNBC was running about The Nation magazine. An unbiased fact finding publication with a Liberal slant. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That's funny?

Even I have to admit the humor in that one, dude. How can it be "unbiased" with a "liberal slant"?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:57 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

That's funny?

Even I have to admit the humor in that one, dude. How can it be "unbiased" with a "liberal slant"?

if it makes you feel better, I heard one about a magazine with a conservative viewpoint :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

hey I gotta go, last day of quail and snipe season :thumbsup:
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:51 pm

cartervj wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

That's funny?

if it makes you feel better, I heard one about a magazine with a conservative viewpoint :welcome: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

hey I gotta go, last day of quail and snipe season :thumbsup:

Man. AL still has seasons open> You're a lucky guy, carer. We shut down from the end of Jn until sept for pretty much every bird except a spring turkey season. I would LOVE to still be out hunting. I know areas with lots of snipe, too. Oh, and we can still hunt Halloween Chickens on planted farms. I tell myself it's good for the dog, but I still enjoy it! :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:01 pm

Yep, it was a bust, 2 coveys flushed wild and I thought I'd find the first as they lit in the hardwoods. They disappeared. :huh:

Then I twisted my ankle in a hole and my pup cut a pad. :mad:

Went to my farm, plenty of ducks and snipe, decided just to watch them for a while and called it a season. :thumbsup:

Not too far from my place was a field full of turkeys, 8 gobblers and 29 hens and jakes. I have a month to rest up or catch some crappie. :biggrin:
cartervj
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm

dudejcb wrote:This is some hard hitting stuff Carter. Wale on. :lol3:

About as hard hitting as the entire liberal media coverage of this story. :lol3:

I can't help but see the irony of a silly comedian telling his own peeps they're being silly. :lol3:
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:53 pm

cartervj wrote:Yep, it was a bust, 2 coveys flushed wild and I thought I'd find the first as they lit in the hardwoods. They disappeared. :huh:

Then I twisted my ankle in a hole and my pup cut a pad. :mad:

Went to my farm, plenty of ducks and snipe, decided just to watch them for a while and called it a season. :thumbsup:

Not too far from my place was a field full of turkeys, 8 gobblers and 29 hens and jakes. I have a month to rest up or catch some crappie. :biggrin:

That sucks carter. Sounds like one of my unplanned, spontaneous, middle of the night "Hey, I'm not sleepy. I'm going huntin'!" trips. :lol3: This is a good time for crappie here too. Just starting. What do you like to use? We usually use a wiggle tail type microjig with half a small nightcrawler on it and troll slowly around, especially any shady areas. Didn't catch a lot last year but they were all nice size. Probably not nice for your area but decent for the places we fish...maybe avg. 3/4 to a pound. One of my fave fish to eat, even though catching them is kinda like fishing for rubber boots! :lol3: Good luck and get a turkey. What's your limit?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:42 pm

At least I'm old enough now not to see a hunting buddy at closing time and decide to head off to the deer woods if the night was slow. :loll: :loll: :loll: slept a many times under a tree I was gonna climb :big grin:

We get 5 but I rarely do any longer, used to be one of those crazed lunatics that didn't miss a moment in the turkey woods. :yes: I'm not fond of eating them for some reason.

I'd rather have crappie. We use crappie shiners mainly and sliders on slow slow days. We catch about the same size you mention although we'll land some 2-3 lbers from time to time. One of the guys at work fishes year round so he keeps us in filets. :thumbsup:
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Might want to check out why the unions went after Walker so hard. Heard they lost out on a minimum of 20 million a year in revenue. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby nitram » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker signed into law a $541 million tax cut returning $406 million to state technical colleges to reduce their property taxes. Another $98 million will go to low-income taxpayers, reducing the state's lowest bracket from 4.4% to 4%. Walker first proposed the rate cuts in January, and the last procedural hurdle for passage was cleared this past week when the state Assembly passed the bill 61-35. That was fast.

The bill's passage barely rated 10 lines in The New York Times, which chose to bury the story deep inside the paper's A-section. Leftmedia outlets have done all they can to keep the Wisconsin success story out of the headlines as well. Walker, who survived a truly vicious recall effort after taking on the state's unions a couple years ago, has been behind a drive that has improved the state's economy, brought accountability to the school system, and pushed the unemployment rate down to 6.1%, its lowest since 2008. A recent poll reports that 95% of business owners in the state are optimistic about the future of the economy in Wisconsin.

The story of Wisconsin's recovery is one that Republicans around the country need to follow. Media outlets that care about reporting the facts should take heed as well. Walker's success has come despite the attempts of leftists to block his efforts at every turn with increasingly despicable methods. From shirking their legislative duties to preventing a vote on Walker's reforms to bussing in union thugs during the recall effort so as to shut down the capitol, Democrats have been merciless in their attempts to prevent the pro-business, small-government model from succeeding. They are particularly set on blocking it in the state that birthed the “progressive” movement a century ago.

Meanwhile, Walker's Democrat opponent, Mary Burke, is using her own underhanded tactics in an attempt to unseat the governor. She released an ad claiming that the state's unemployment rate is rising, and when she was called out on the blatant falsehood, she offered no regrets, saying in effect that the ends justify the lies. She will have a tough time convincing voters that Wisconsin is in need of new leadership, so expect the lies and mischaracterizations to keep on coming. That's the one tool that leftists know how to wield.

So, what about Walker?
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Which is ironic considering what is going on south of the Cheddar Curtain.

http://news.yahoo.com/quinn-propose-making-income-tax-161701365.html;_ylt=A0LEV059eTRTVBsAg41XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzMjJmOG5qBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDQwNV8x?pt=BureoF2GVB/
Gov. Pat Quinn is expected to propose making Illinois' temporary income tax increase permanent

Illinois' roughly 67 percent income tax increase was approved in 2011 and starts to roll back in January

but that isn't going to happen.

This probably goes under the bait and switch category.

Granted, everyone knew it was a bald faced lie at the time, so that's probably not even a fair description.

Illinois still has a multibillion-dollar backlog of bills, despite pledges by Quinn and other Democrats to use the tax hike to pay down that debt.

That's right. In Illinois, the Democrat Governor and Democrat legislature with super majorities increased personal income tax rates 67% and a lot of other tax rates and still can't even manage to pay their bills on time. Just to make it clear, because this is how messed up we are. Illinois does not pay it's bills on time. This is not excessive debt, this is literally, you do work for Illinois and you don't get a check for a very long time in some cases. That's how financially screwed up we are and all these big tax rate increased did not help :eek:

In addition to the bill backlog, Illinois has the nation's lowest credit rating and uncertainty with its pension debt.

Illinois or Indiana, who do you want managing things? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum