Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 am

Scaup, you've made too much sense, my head hurts. Inda, does that mean he had two screen names and trolled?
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania


Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:04 am

Duck_Stank wrote:Scaup, you've made too much sense, my head hurts. Inda, does that mean he had two screen names and trolled?

Previously banned member came back to troll post once again.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56528
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:Scaup, you've made too much sense, my head hurts. Inda, does that mean he had two screen names and trolled?

Previously banned member came back to troll post once again.

Must be a rough life, he needs a handout....he didn't know any better.
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 am

Duck_Stank wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:Scaup, you've made too much sense, my head hurts. Inda, does that mean he had two screen names and trolled?

Previously banned member came back to troll post once again.

Must be a rough life, he needs a handout....he didn't know any better.

click the link I posted up and you will see why he got banned the first time around.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56528
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Cajun1085 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 am

I think Scaup is my new hero!
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR



SouthEast Gator-tail
User avatar
Cajun1085
hunter
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 am
Location: Silver Spring MD (displaced Coonass)

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby TomKat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 am

Indaswamp wrote:dhunt, you have been found out. Hello whistlingwings.... :hi:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=353770&p=3492450#p3492450

I'm sure the C.I. regulars remember you. Say your goodbyes fellas because in about 24 hours dhunt will be banned. I'm delaying it because quite frankly I've enjoyed having him around...make it count dhunt/ww... :hi:

Post something stupid like your rants under whistlingwings and the banhammer will fall quickly.


Goodbye troll. I hope when judgement day comes for you Christ will take the form of GW Bush and God will assume the form of Ronald Reagan. Then the 3 of you can sit down and talk.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 am

The good Lord will love and hold him to his bosom. Then step back as St. Peter pulls the trap door lever sending him to hell. Where of course GW and RR type demons will be waiting to torment him for eternity.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:32 am

SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:49 am

Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby beretta24 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:55 am

clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.

He violated more than one of the forum rules. He's the one that accused Swamp of being racists over and over a few months back. That wasn't specifically what got him banned though. I'm not sure about sharing details so I'll leave it at that.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5560
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 am

I figured he was banned for making wild assumptions of service men and women and some rude remarks to boot towards them. That's my guess though.
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby charlie beard » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:26 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.


This place got interesting again and now oh well never mind.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter
 
Posts: 2235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:13 am
Location: West Central IL.

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.

click the link I posted to his old posts, it'll tell ya everything you need to know...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56528
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:19 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.


My point was that unless your are totally clueless, it is not hard to see how people could survive on minimum wage. I survived on a lot less than minimum wage for quite awhile with no government assistance. It is not uncommon at all for people early on to do just that and many do it. If you are making minimum wage, you are only doing it as a stepping stone and not as a career. What better way to trap them in poverty to convince them that you should be able to live off a job that pays the same as some dumbass teenager with no experience earns working part time on nights and weekends. These are not jobs for adults unless you get knocked back and have to rebuild. It's not where you look to live your life. That is unless you think people really are that worthless that they will never be worth more than a dumbass teenager even after they have 20 years experience.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15945
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.


My point was that unless your are totally clueless, it is not hard to see how people could survive on minimum wage. I survived on a lot less than minimum wage for quite awhile with no government assistance. It is not uncommon at all for people early on to do just that and many do it. If you are making minimum wage, you are only doing it as a stepping stone and not as a career. What better way to trap them in poverty to convince them that you should be able to live off a job that pays the same as some dumbass teenager with no experience earns working part time on nights and weekends. These are not jobs for adults unless you get knocked back and have to rebuild. It's not where you look to live your life. That is unless you think people really are that worthless that they will never be worth more than a dumbass teenager even after they have 20 years experience.

Oh, I know what your point was Spinner. My post wasn't aimed at you, I was just adding to it for the benefit of dhunt, to show him how he and his merry band of donkeys are killing with their brand of kindness.
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3616
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:18 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.


My point was that unless your are totally clueless, it is not hard to see how people could survive on minimum wage. I survived on a lot less than minimum wage for quite awhile with no government assistance. It is not uncommon at all for people early on to do just that and many do it. If you are making minimum wage, you are only doing it as a stepping stone and not as a career. What better way to trap them in poverty to convince them that you should be able to live off a job that pays the same as some dumbass teenager with no experience earns working part time on nights and weekends. These are not jobs for adults unless you get knocked back and have to rebuild. It's not where you look to live your life. That is unless you think people really are that worthless that they will never be worth more than a dumbass teenager even after they have 20 years experience.

Spin you're making too much sense again....on a side note you should teach at my university in regards to climate change and environmental ethics, you make very good.points and show the other side of the coin, which makes one think and question their own ideas. Isn't that the idea of further education?
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 am

Duck_Stank wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.


My point was that unless your are totally clueless, it is not hard to see how people could survive on minimum wage. I survived on a lot less than minimum wage for quite awhile with no government assistance. It is not uncommon at all for people early on to do just that and many do it. If you are making minimum wage, you are only doing it as a stepping stone and not as a career. What better way to trap them in poverty to convince them that you should be able to live off a job that pays the same as some dumbass teenager with no experience earns working part time on nights and weekends. These are not jobs for adults unless you get knocked back and have to rebuild. It's not where you look to live your life. That is unless you think people really are that worthless that they will never be worth more than a dumbass teenager even after they have 20 years experience.

Spin you're making too much sense again....on a side note you should teach at my university in regards to climate change and environmental ethics, you make very good.points and show the other side of the coin, which makes one think and question their own ideas. Isn't that the idea of further education?

Not at most liberal universities....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56528
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:49 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Duck_Stank wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: .....If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago......


The Dems effectively made that part of reality much harder with the passage of Obamacare. Since so many minimum wage workers got cut to part time status, (what's one way to bring employment figures up? Push employers to cut workers hours, and to just hire more part time workers) the now part time worker would have to find two jobs and hope that he can make the two schedules work. Oh, and now on top of all that, If he works his balls off, makes enough to pull himself up, and no longer qualifies for subsidies towards his health care, he then has to buy insurance or he'll be fined by the government.

It really is a sick, twisted game they're playing.


My point was that unless your are totally clueless, it is not hard to see how people could survive on minimum wage. I survived on a lot less than minimum wage for quite awhile with no government assistance. It is not uncommon at all for people early on to do just that and many do it. If you are making minimum wage, you are only doing it as a stepping stone and not as a career. What better way to trap them in poverty to convince them that you should be able to live off a job that pays the same as some dumbass teenager with no experience earns working part time on nights and weekends. These are not jobs for adults unless you get knocked back and have to rebuild. It's not where you look to live your life. That is unless you think people really are that worthless that they will never be worth more than a dumbass teenager even after they have 20 years experience.

Spin you're making too much sense again....on a side note you should teach at my university in regards to climate change and environmental ethics, you make very good.points and show the other side of the coin, which makes one think and question their own ideas. Isn't that the idea of further education?

Not at most liberal universities....

Sadly I would agree you're right. Sure, I'll answer the question to get a good grade. Wanna know what I think? I'd fail. In my last semester, I'm sending professors emails arguing their points for the sake of fun and hoping, hey maybe they will consider it. Lord knows where that will get me.I also don't care, I've done well and am comfortable being known as "that guy", that challenges ideas. Guarantee I'd the the first (sadly).
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:55 am

I recently incorporated my logical and plain wrong ideas of greenie weenies in an recent essay. By the fact no one wants less as they progress through life, the use of fossil fuels in everything we own and use plus the idea of turning mountain man, got some appreciation. Lets not kid ourselves, in other words, was the main idea. A few got it which is a start. But damn those republicans....sorry their realistic and enjoy economic increases....?
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby TomKat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 am

What has become of the troll?

Is he banned? Maybe he's at the Family Services office looking for a handout.
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Me and Black Betty » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 am

The mods took the bag away. Let the shadow boxing commence.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
User avatar
Me and Black Betty
hunter
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 am
Location: Eastern CT

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby blackduckdog2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 am

clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.

The crazy's gotten too toxic in here. In a few years look back and you'll see it, too. I'll be back when it abates a bit, but I'm not expecting that will be while Obama's still in office
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
User avatar
blackduckdog2
hunter
 
Posts: 6289
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.

The crazy's gotten too toxic in here. In a few years look back and you'll see it, too. I'll be back when it abates a bit, but I'm not expecting that will be while Obama's still in office

But the toxic environment is not at all Obama's fault. He has a pen and he will use it to tell the elected Representatives in Congress to go pound sand if they won't do what he wants because they are nothing but a bunch of racist partisans and the great Obama cannot deal with them because they are unlike any Congress any President has ever had to deal with in history so no one can expect someone even as great as the great communicator that he is to change people's minds with the power of persuasion from the world's largest bully pulpit.

It is NEVER the fault of those on the left. NEVER. The world would be so awesome if no one could ever disagree with them. Now all they need to do is create that situation where they are the only authority.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15945
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby High Sierras » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:15 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Hey Inda, what was the actual reason he was banned for in the first place? Is not being able to support ones argument a banable offence? Honestly, this forum has been kind of dead since BDD2 and Glimmerjim quit hanging out here. They were waaaaaay better at sparing over ideas, but this guy is kinda fun to have around anyway.

The crazy's gotten too toxic in here. In a few years look back and you'll see it, too. I'll be back when it abates a bit, but I'm not expecting that will be while Obama's still in office



Translation: "...The party I've painted myself into a corner defending has gone so utterly far off the deep end, that even I have a hard time defending their $hite. Just look back at what a mess obama has left this country in in a few years and you'll see it too. I'll be back when that Kenyan muslim is finally out of office and someone reasonable like Barney Frank or Harry Reid is in the White house. Till then, I can't make crap up to defend this pack of race hustlers fast enough."
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby razorback » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:45 am

dhunt wrote:Image


I know there are plenty with real issues out there, but the fact that many are encouraged to seek assistance is hard to understand.

My father in law was shot 9 time in Vietnam, injured badly and spent a couple years recovering. Recovers, goes on to a successful career as a school superintendent, retires with a comfortable 6 figure salary. This past January he was contacted by the VA encouraging him to come get checked out for assistance programs. Long story short he is now 160% disabled to include PTSD and they paid him a couple years of back pay plus a few grand a month.
User avatar
razorback
hunter
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests