that missing plane

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: that missing plane

Postby D Comeaux » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 pm

D Comeaux
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 am

The real questions is how did two or 4 people take over 200. We really have created billions of sheep in the world.

Don't fight back. Dont resist. Just sit in your seat and someone will save you. That is what modern society preaches.

The 9-11 terrorists used it to great effect. They may very well have just used the sheep effect again.

When are people going to wake up and realize they are required to defend and care for themselves? No one in government can or will save you. No one but you is responsible for the well being of yourself and your loved ones.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 am

I hear that Scaup....but what about this:
Let's say that the entire experience was very calm....and the pilots just said that "hey, we are having an electrical problem and we have to change course....everything is fine, but we need to change our destination"....blah blah blah....."you will notice that your cell phones and computers won't work (jammed)....that's part of our electrical problem".......
and the next thing you know they crash.....
I don't know....
I think the image of guys in turbans running down the isle with grenades is what first comes to mind....
maybe not...
Also, what about that story of just climbing to 50k feet and knocking everyone out? Anything come out of that?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 am

Go very high, disable oxygen masks in the cabin, depressurize the plane.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/world/asia/questions-over-absence-of-cellphone-calls-from-missing-passengers.html
Passengers would have quickly become unconscious if the plane depressurized as it soared to an unusually high altitude right after the turnaround, pilots said. Whoever diverted the plane could have disabled the release of oxygen masks.

Dr. James Ho, an associate professor of medicine at Hong Kong University, said that death could come within minutes if someone were the equivalent of outdoors at 45,000 feet. But without information on the speed of depressurization, it is hard to predict the medical consequences, he said.

If they planned ahead and it appears they did, based on how little I know, this seems plausible to eliminate resistance.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:13 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Go very high, disable oxygen masks in the cabin, depressurize the plane.
If they planned ahead and it appears they did, based on how little I know, this seems plausible to eliminate resistance.

100%...as I said....but to what end? For what?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 am

The real issue for me is less on how the whole thing went down and more on the 200 or so passengers. If they are alive and in a Muslim nation their life is a living hell. Frankly it would have be far better for them to be dead.

We will probably never know for sure what happened or see that plane again until it is used for a purpose. This was clearly an inside job. The plane did not crash, I am speculating here but I am very certain of that.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:31 am

Slack Tide wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:Go very high, disable oxygen masks in the cabin, depressurize the plane.

that is the scary question is it not?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:56 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:

You know what I mean.....terrorism is not about doing scary things in secret...It would seem that if they were going to kill everyone on board they would advertise that.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:11 am

Slack Tide wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:

You know what I mean.....terrorism is not about doing scary things in secret...It would seem that if they were going to kill everyone on board they would advertise that.

Not if their goal is to use the plane as a missile.

However, I just don't know how you land a jet like that anywhere without it getting out.

Nothing makes sense in this case.

Suicidal pilot - no need to turn off transponder
Terrorism killing 200+ people - like you said, no secret and likely claims of responsibility

So what does that leave?

Accident - that seems to have been thoroughly discredited
Hijacking - no phone calls, no demands, etc.

It seems like an organized plan, but to what end?

I think this is something new, just like 9/11/01 was something new.

Did they fail and accidentally crash the plane?

Did they succeed and the plane is hidden somewhere and they will refuel it and use it months or more in the future?

Are we just wrong and it was an accident and all this other stuff is just misleading spurious or misinterpreted signals? That doesn't seem plausible, but I never try to rule out gross and unbelievable incompetence when it comes to government.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:13 am

remember that the pilot was a supporter of the political opposition party. There might be more going on behind the scenes than we know. Malaysia is not necessarily forthcoming with major details, and saving face is the utmost importance to Asians....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

I'm voting accident.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:29 am

Indaswamp wrote:Malaysia is not necessarily forthcoming with major details
Gross and unbelievable incompetence is often misinterpreted for conspiracy. When you think that nobody could be that incompetent, government always seems to find new ways to surprise.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:37 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Gross and unbelievable incompetence is often misinterpreted for conspiracy. When you think that nobody could be that incompetent, government always seems to find new ways to surprise.

noted. but the transponder had to be deactivated by someone somehow....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 am

SpinnerMan wrote:Did they succeed and the plane is hidden somewhere and they will refuel it and use it months or more in the future?

This should be everyone's concern.....for sure.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:43 am

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

noted. but the transponder had to be deactivated by someone somehow....

That does seem to be a fact.

Like I said, it is quite confusing and almost certainly something we have not seen before such as an attempted hijacking that led to a crash or a successful hijacking where the goal was the plane and not the people.

Or maybe it was another 9/11/01 and just like the plane that crashed in the field in PA when the passengers rose up, except this one was out of cellphone range and crashed in the vast ocean in an area far off course.

My current opinion is :huh: Image

I am skeptical of everything reported as fact because so often in these kind of things, there are things reported as if they are facts not in dispute and turn out to be complete nonsense.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:45 am

I know that the US Gov. has satellite capabilities to be able to see someone light a match at night. surely they would be able to follow the heat trail from a plane at night right? My guess is that the CIA knows exactly what has happened to the plane and exactly where it is....they are just not saying.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 am

Indaswamp wrote:I know that the US Gov. has satellite capabilities to be able to see someone light a match at night. surely they would be able to follow the heat trail from a plane at night right? My guess is that the CIA knows exactly what has happened to the plane and exactly where it is....they are just not saying.

Not a chance unless they had reason to focus a lot of resources on that plane in advance.

They can see you light a match, if they are looking at you. They cannot come anywhere close to seeing everyone on Earth that lights a match.

My guess is they have no clue, but are working very hard to try and get one.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:55 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I know that the US Gov. has satellite capabilities to be able to see someone light a match at night. surely they would be able to follow the heat trail from a plane at night right? My guess is that the CIA knows exactly what has happened to the plane and exactly where it is....they are just not saying.

Not a chance unless they had reason to focus a lot of resources on that plane in advance.

They can see you light a match, if they are looking at you. They cannot come anywhere close to seeing everyone on Earth that lights a match.

the region is a high value military interest. they had assets monitoring the area 24/7. Now the plane could have flown out of the coverage area, but they definitely have some idea of where the plane was headed.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 am

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

the region is a high value military interest. they had assets monitoring the area 24/7. Now the plane could have flown out of the coverage area, but they definitely have some idea of where the plane was headed.

My God!!! Swamp, we agree. :grooving: The question I have is, if the plane is somewhere, and not crashed, are we or are "they" not releasing that info. If we tried and botched a rescue, it could be a cover up, or at least of our part.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 am

There is no way the CIA or anyone with that information will be releasing it until they figure out what is really going on and if they can do something. This is of course assuming they know anything.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Ive been curious as to if there was some group that had an "inside man" performing maintenance on this aircraft. Possible Installation of some electronic devices that could render some of the planes devices useless. There wouldn't be a need for terrorist to actually be on the plane. You could control it from across the country

Sounds far fetched I know, but I'm 110% positive this works in boats that traffic certain items, maybe it could work for a plane as well.

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:08 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

The region is freaking massive. There is no way they are monitoring it that close.

Yes they have an idea, but it is a huge freaking area. If it crashed, they may have no more idea than an area the size of Texas.

If it landed, particularly in Pakistan, I'll bet they know.

ScaupHunter wrote:There is no way the CIA or anyone with that information will be releasing it until they figure out what is really going on and if they can do something.
This is another possibility that I had not thought about until I heard someone talking on the news today.

ScaupHunter wrote:This is of course assuming they know anything.
Which they very well may not, particularly if nose dived in the middle of the ocean or just ran out of gas and sunk.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:28 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

The region is freaking massive. There is no way they are monitoring it that close.

Yes they have an idea, but it is a huge freaking area. If it crashed, they may have no more idea than an area the size of Texas.

If it landed, particularly in Pakistan, I'll bet they know.

ScaupHunter wrote:There is no way the CIA or anyone with that information will be releasing it until they figure out what is really going on and if they can do something.
This is another possibility that I had not thought about until I heard someone talking on the news today.

ScaupHunter wrote:This is of course assuming they know anything.
Which they very well may not, particularly if nose dived in the middle of the ocean or just ran out of gas and sunk.

The waters between Malaysia and Indonesia are monitored 24/7 round the clock because it is a high traffic international freight corridor and prone to piracy. It is highly improbable the CIA does not know the track of that plane while it was flying above those waters.
http://www.icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting-centre/prone-areas-and-warnings
SOUTH EAST ASIA AND INDIAN SUB CONTINENT

Bangladesh: Robbers targeting ships preparing to anchor. Most attacks reported at Chittagong anchorages and approaches. Attacks in Bangladesh have fallen significantly over the past few years because of the efforts by the Bangladesh Authorities.

Indonesia : Tanjung Priok – Jakarta / Dumai, Belawan, Balikpapan, Taboneo, Muara Jawa, Samarinda, Nipah Anchorage waters. Pirates normally armed with guns / knives and / or machetes. Generally be vigilant in other areas. Many attacks may have gone unreported. Pirates / robbers normally attack vessel during the night. When spotted and alarm sounded, pirates/robbers usually abort the attempted attack.

Malacca Straits: Although the number of attacks has dropped substantially due to the increase and aggressive patrols by the littoral states authorities since July 2005, ships are advised to continue maintaining strict anti piracy watches when transiting the straits. Currently, there are no indications as to how long these patrols will continue or reduce.

Singapore Straits: Vessels are advised to remain vigilant and to continue maintaining adequate anti piracy watch and measures. Pirates/robbers attack ships while underway or while anchored at the Straits.

South China Sea: Although, no attacks reported recently in the vicinity off Anambas / Natuna / Mangkai islands / Subi Besar / Merundung area, vessels are advised to remain vigilant.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Looks like maybe the Aussies are gonna maybe have son flotsam and/or perhaps jetsam, to throw on the barbie along with shrimp. Eh mate.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:10 am

dudejcb wrote:Looks like maybe the Aussies are gonna maybe have son flotsam and/or perhaps jetsam, to throw on the barbie along with shrimp. Eh mate.

I had to read that three times......
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum