Banning people we disagree with

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Banning people we disagree with

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:08 am

No, people are banned for breaking the rules. Like creating multiple accounts. I figured a lib would be all about following the rules. "It's the law- get over it", and all that.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 am

The plot thickens. So, was his IP address checked and the duplicity uncovered?

Are people banned for life? I don't study what all goes on at DHC but I didn't notice anything especially egregious about dhunt's recent posts other than they ran counter to the conservative bent of most. IMO hearing other's takes and opinions is a healthy thing.

So, what is the DHC policy on the length banning?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:43 am

Indaswamp is a good dude and a fair minded mod. The original poster is wrong about him.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 am

dudejcb wrote:The plot thickens. So, was his IP address checked and the duplicity uncovered?

Are people banned for life? I don't study what all goes on at DHC but I didn't notice anything especially egregious about dhunt's recent posts other than they ran counter to the conservative bent of most. IMO hearing other's takes and opinions is a healthy thing.

Permanent ban for creating multiple user accounts, based on IP address, I believe.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:22 am

dudejcb wrote:. IMO hearing other's takes and opinions is a healthy thing.

Unless it's Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbaugh. In which case, they are "douchebags", apparently.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 am

Let's all sit down and have a chat with Obummer on how important he feels it is to listen to others opinions and how valuable they are. :thumbsup:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:22 pm

amwngq wrote:Is apparently indaswamp's perogative. That's what I call the epitome of childish behavior, sticking your finger in your ears screaming "nahnah boo boo I'm right you're wrong so shut up!". Way to be a man, indaswamp, banning dhunt.

Just proves that the right wing only listens to people that agree with their own views.

:welcome: to the site.
Rules are rules my friend. Indaswamp just did his job.
So no use beating up on swamp.
The threads the person posted were not out of line in my book.
That was not the case. Apparently he has been banned before. :thumbsup:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 pm

assateague wrote:

Unless it's Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbaugh. In which case, they are "douchebags", apparently.
I arrived at that opinion by listening to them. I occasionally tune in and listen a bit just in case they've gotten better, or to better "get" what all the fuss is about, but when I do it always reconfirms my opinion that they are unqualified critics and mud slingers with an agenda to spoon feed the conservative herd of sheep.

Tomkat: yes I know "Indaswamp is a good dued and fair-minded." That's why dhunt's ban surprised me. Inda and I made peace a few years ago when there was a thread sharing pics of ourselves; at the time he said that I sort of reminded him of his dad. Ever since we've not thrown barbs directly at one another, or at least it's said in a nicer way. So I was surprised by the dhunt thing.

I reread the Obama worst President Ever thread, my take was that Inda was more harsh with dhunt than the other way around, which is out of character for Inda. I don;t know dhunt's other usernames so am only going on the more recent posts, but nothing seemed out of line and certainly no worse than I'm sometimes guilty of.

Anyone know the other dhunt AKA's?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 pm

His various aliases are part of why he is banned. You are only allowed one.

Bye the way. You poke fun at the here them poke fun at the non herd for supporting the tea party and slamming the established R's. So are they a herd or are the individuals? They are one or the other. Not both.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:55 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:... Bye the way. You poke fun at the here them poke fun at the no herd for supporting the tea party and slamming the established R's. So are they a here or are the individuals? They are one or the other. Not both.
Whut?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:23 pm

dudejcb wrote:
assateague wrote:

I arrived at that opinion by listening to them. I occasionally tune in and listen a bit just in case they've gotten better, or to better "get" what all the fuss is about, but when I do it always reconfirms my opinion that they are unqualified critics and mud slingers with an agenda to spoon feed the conservative herd of sheep.

Substitute liberal for conservative, and that's precisely how I feel. So I don't expect to be called "intolerant" when I label done lib a "douchebag". K?
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Truth be told, there are liberal douche bags. Like everything else, the distribution of DB's is described by the normal curve and applied to all non-homogenous large groupings.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm

assateague wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 pm

dudejcb wrote:Truth be told, there are liberal douche bags. Like everything else, the distribution of DB's is described by the normal curve and applied to all non-homogenous large groupings.

Just out if curiosity, who do you consider to be a liberal douche bag? Bill Maher gets the #1 spot on my list followed by Chris Matthews.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 am

clampdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Truth be told, there are liberal douche bags. Like everything else, the distribution of DB's is described by the normal curve and applied to all non-homogenous large groupings.

Just out if curiosity, who do you consider to be a liberal douche bag? Bill Maher gets the #1 spot on my list followed by Chris Matthews.

How about the guy who said (to all the hardworking business owners who started a business) “...If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”?

How about that guy who said it's a good thing to "...spread the wealth around..." when talking about income tax rates and how much Americans should be paying in taxes?

How about the guy who said "Keep in mind that the private sector has been hiring at a solid pace over the last 27 months. But one of the biggest weaknesses has been state and local governments, which have laid off 450,000 Americans... The private sector is doing fine." while the US unemployment rate hovered at 8%-ish, and the private sector was doing anything BUT fine?

How about the guy that calls people who don't share his political (or pretty much any other) view points "...bitter... bible clingers..."?

How about the guy who, when he was supposed to work with congress, declared "I won" as a way of expressing his willingness to discuss and compromise?

or...

How about the guy who said, of himself, “…I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth. This was the moment — this was the time — when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves and our highest ideals."

Talk about the ultimate narcissistic liberal douche. Where does that guy rate with you on the liberal douchebag-o-meter Dude?
High Sierras
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 am

I can't speak for others but will answer your question.

For me, he is off the chart. A record setting fizzy warm douche all wannabes will be judged by.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby beretta24 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:47 pm

He was banned for more than that previous thread, and for good reason. I also don't think Swamp banned whistlingwings. There are others that look into things in this forum to keep decisions as unbiased as possible.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:59 am

beretta24 wrote:He was banned for more than that previous thread, and for good reason. I also don't think Swamp banned whistlingwings. There are others that look into things in this forum to keep decisions as unbiased as possible.

Correct. thanks beretta.

dhunt/whistlingwings was banned previously. if anyone cares to know why, just click the link I posted and you will figure out why.

and dhunt, I posted to let the rest of the members know who you were so they know who they are dealing with.

Bye... :hi:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:19 am

assateague wrote:
dudejcb wrote:The plot thickens. So, was his IP address checked and the duplicity uncovered?

Permanent ban for creating multiple user accounts, based on IP address, I believe.

With very few exception, yes, this is the rule. only a handful of people have been allowed back on DHC after being previously banned...most times because the initial ban should have never happened.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

dudejcb wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:... Bye the way. You poke fun at the here them poke fun at the no herd for supporting the tea party and slamming the established R's. So are they a here or are the individuals? They are one or the other. Not both.
Whut?

It was over your head.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 pm

BTW, please let me know if dhunt shows back up, thanks.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum