Racist Preschool Suspensions

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Racist Preschool Suspensions

Postby nitram » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

The Obama Education Department's civil rights arm has made a shocking discovery -- minority preschool kids are suspended at a higher rate than whites. According to the AP, "black children represent about 18 percent of children enrolled in preschool programs in schools, but almost half of the students suspended more than once." Now, you may be wondering why the Education Department has a "civil rights" division, or why preschoolers are suspended. Long story short, leftist educators have substituted "zero tolerance" policies for common sense discipline, resulting in suspensions for things like tardiness and disrespect. And the "civil rights" efforts of the Obama administration exist to convince minority groups that Democrats are ever vigilant in defending their interests and that more heavy-handed government intervention (in government education, no less) is the only answer. Yet when it comes to minority-on-minority gang violence in leftist enclaves like Chicago, the silence is deafening.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: Racist Preschool Suspensions

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 am

This insane notion that all groups of people on average are the same in every way is so destructive.

Are children that come from poorer families on average behave worse? Yes of course.

Do black children come from poorer families on average? Yes. :huh:

Do children raised by a single mother on average behave worse? Yes of course.

Are black children more likely to be raised by a single mother? Yes :huh:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the Asian kids are suspended at a lower rate than white kids because after all, we know that people with bias against black people possess a bias in favor of Asians :rolleyes:

The maybe educated at the Education Department, but they clearly never learned how to think for themselves.

I have a real civil rights issue that the Education Department must solve. Why do black kids make the basketball team at higher rates than the white kids? It must be proof of bias. All groups are the same. All groups are the same. All groups are the same. Say it three times and it must be true and divergent from equal rates is proof of bias and not physic, mental, or social differences between different groups of people.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:59 am

Maybe I was just too sheltered, but how in the world do you get suspended from preschool?
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:34 am

I remember getting spanking from the teachers in Preschool, then getting paddled at home for disobeying the teacher.

How do you get suspended from Preschool? Teachers who think Ritalin is better than discipline that is how! I know quite a few young teachers and not one of them is preparedto handle tough kids anymore. They have taken all the authority out of a teaching position and made it so they cannot truly discipline misbehaving children anymore. The schooling system and the ability of teachers to handle tough kids has gone way downhill in the last 30 years.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I actually bet bigotry has a lot to do with it, but not in the way Holder thinks and his actions will make it worse for the minority kids and not better.

When my niece was in Kindergarten, every day when my mom picked her up she complained about this girl that never listened. My mom asked why they didn't punish her. My niece's response was Image

Well, the answer was revealed later. She was Hispanic and had parents that liked to cry racism. So they just ignored the behavior of the poor little girl instead of nipping it in the bud which would have probably been most efficiently done with a firm swat on the butt at the moment of the infraction.

My niece didn't "understand" that the Hispanic girl was different, but the school I am sure has taught her that lesson by now as well as to pretend otherwise while you steer clear of the kids that have special privileges and immunities .

Ignore, gets worse, ignore, gets worse, ignore, cross a zero tolerance line, suspend, learn nothing, return and repeat until imprisoned for life in late teens to early 20's. The training starts early. That's why it is so effective at creating such difficulties for these poor people.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I remember getting spanking from the teachers in Preschool, then getting paddled at home for disobeying the teacher.

How do you get suspended from Preschool? Teachers who think Ritalin is better than discipline that is how! I know quite a few young teachers and not one of them is preparedto handle tough kids anymore. They have taken all the authority out of a teaching position and made it so they cannot truly discipline misbehaving children anymore. The schooling system and the ability of teachers to handle tough kids has gone way downhill in the last 30 years.

I guess I just don't get how a preschooler can be "tough" or too much to handle. They're what, 4 years old and 40 pounds? How are you unable to control a preschooler to the point of having to throw them out of class?

I went to a K-12 school that paddled through junior high. I caught a few on my way through.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I guess I just don't get how a preschooler can be "tough" or too much to handle. They're what, 4 years old and 40 pounds? How are you unable to control a preschooler to the point of having to throw them out of class?

I don't think it is physical toughness, but tough because the preschool teacher is too stupid to outsmart a 4 year old. Why do you think the person is teaching preschool? The high salary :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: For most it is because that is the best they can do with the ability God gave them.

My mother-in-law is a case in point. I still can't believe she ran a home day care for extra money. Let me note, and my wife knows this, that if I had children there is no Image way my mother-in-law would ever babysit my kids. Yet people paid her and she worked as a teacher's aid :eek: :eek: :eek:

One day this fact is going to slip out and then Image
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I remember getting spanking from the teachers in Preschool, then getting paddled at home for disobeying the teacher.

I guess I just don't get how a preschooler can be "tough" or too much to handle. They're what, 4 years old and 40 pounds? How are you unable to control a preschooler to the point of having to throw them out of class?

I went to a K-12 school that paddled through junior high. I caught a few on my way through.

Take a long hard look at how our society deals with kids, criminals, and people in general to understand how a 20 something new teacher at preschool cannot handle a kid. They can't handle being an adult, thinking things through, or making a real world decisions without being told what to do.

I used to get spanked by the neighbors, any family member, and teachers when they thought I needed it. My parents were firm believers that it took a village to raise a child. I learned really quickly that mom would follow up with another spanking and other discipline. There was hell to pay if Dad found out. I was more than a bit of a hellion, add in being a bit honery and tough, and a smart alec to top it all off. I am still not sure how my mother raised three boys and didn't go mad or kill all of us from frustration.

I learned really quickly what my boundaries were and generally stayed in them. When I did goof around I learned to A) Not get caught, B) Make sure the fun was worth the punishment if I could get caught, C) Make dang sure Dad didn't hear about it when I got caught. Dad had this interesting child rearing theory, if you weren't doing something illegal, it was fun, or just something a boy would generally do, and he didn't have to get an ear full from mom you were Scott Free. Woe be to the child who caused dad to get and ear full from mom.

He used to bring us home firecrackers, teach us how to make Helium / oxygen balloons and set them off, taught us how to use explosives on other family members farms, etc..... It was an awesome childhood and amazing that we all not only survived, but have all our fingers, toes, and limbs.....
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:16 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I am still not sure how my mother raised three boys and didn't go mad or kill all of us from frustration.
I know how my mom did. One simple phrase, "wait until your father gets home!" :eek: Image

ScaupHunter wrote:Woe be to the child who caused dad to get and ear full from mom.
:yes:

We never had a yard stick in our house that was 36" long. It wasn't long before it got busted over someone's ass.

Although you have to be smart as well. The punishment must be tailored to the child and the offense. The best example is that we had a weeping willow tree next door. To this day I'm convinced they are evil. Otherwise I have to admit I was really stupid. Me and my brothers would get in willow whip fights and when we got caught, we'd get our asses whipped for the whip fights. We did this often. The evil was strong and the whips handy when we got pissed at each other or just bored or whatever. One day we were bored and I had a whip and my brother had a wiffle ball bat. It's all fun until someone ALMOST loses an eye. The whip broke across the bat and impale my brother in the eye :eek: Sitting at home waiting for my parents to return was one of the most terrifying things I've had to do. I still remember the sick feeling. Thankfully my brother didn't lose his eye or have any lasting damage. Neither of us were ever punished. And we never had another whip fight ever. That lesson needed no reinforcement :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 pm

My mom used a wooden spoon. She quite spanking us and moved to other punishments when were toughened up enough to laugh at her when she broke the spoon on our butts.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Everything about the Obama administration is about race and one sided racism.

The lady that admitted to voter fraud was released due to racism, the state senators in the NE that took bribes were not prosecuted cause they were framed out of racism. I tell you it is rampant under this administration.

I've also learned that if you are from Alabma or the south you are racist if you are white. :welcome:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Maybe I was just too sheltered, but how in the world do you get suspended from preschool?
Good question, but I wonder if it's their parent(s) (who arrive late for pick up, or disrespect the preschool employees--insert whatever the complaints are here) who are guilty and the kid is the pawn being suspended. Maybe.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:52 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Maybe I was just too sheltered, but how in the world do you get suspended from preschool?
Good question, but I wonder if it's their parent(s) (who arrive late for pick up, or disrespect the preschool employees--insert whatever the complaints are here) who are guilty and the kid is the pawn being suspended. Maybe.

In the last 4 years I've probably photographed 7-10,000 youth sports kids. All I can say it is apparent which areas have strong parenting and areas that do not. There is no correlation to color from what I've seen, rather local societal norms.

I've been disrespected by those as young as 4 but mostly the older aged youths. One thing I can say is that it appears to be from areas where there is a melting pot of thug wanna be's. It's refreshing when you go into areas where kids show respect which is more so than not. However, I've learned by being authoritarian you get their attention and cooperation, something they do not get at home!

This case, who knows right now, I don't even trust the media to get these kinda stories correct.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Nitram, where did you get your info from?

SH, i think you might have this a little mixed up: "Teachers who think Ritalin is better than discipline that is how!" Parents are the ones who decide this. I have only agreed with a parent about meds on one or two occasions. I like the little terrors to be lively.

And at 4, if you are being disrespectful and all that stuff, it comes from home in all likelihood.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby nitram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:03 pm

ohioboy wrote:Nitram, where did you get your info from?

From an AP article in the Tribune, a couple of Walter E. Williams opines, and from co-habitating with a 28-yr. educator (such as yourself) who's witnessed first-hand, the social decline and the resultant degradation/liability(s) that come from being a federalized day-care center.

ohioboy wrote: And at 4, if you are being disrespectful and all that stuff, it comes from home in all likelihood.

I totally agree, which is partially the point I was originally trying to make.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:25 am

cartervj wrote:All I can say it is apparent which areas have strong parenting and areas that do not. There is no correlation to color from what I've seen, rather local societal norms.
This is what happens in a free mobile society. Birds of a feather flock together.

ohioboy wrote:"Teachers who think Ritalin is better than discipline that is how!" Parents are the ones who decide this. I have only agreed with a parent about meds on one or two occasions. I like the little terrors to be lively.

Don't forget birds of a feather flock together. That applies to so many aspects of life and it is why most people don't know how the other 95% live, work, socialize, ...

I have heard of teachers that suggest this kind of thing. There are horrible teachers and they are most likely teaching at a school with other horrible teachers. And what kind of parents raise their kids in those districts? Yep, birds of the same feather.

I've had the fairly unique experience of seeing how this mobility decays areas as the people that expect better preferentially leave. How many people went to the same schools as their grandparents and their niece if they have gone to college? It's pretty rare. Usually the parents or grandparents at this point went to college (at a school, in a field consistent with their values) if they had the aptitude, drive, and discipline, and upon completion they relocate and where do they preferentially relocate and settle in? To a job and a community that shares their values. Really are nation was founded by mostly people with a higher level of drive and discipline and probably aptitude which is why they left communities in Europe that did not share their values or to seek greater opportunity.

I think the 2nd, 3rd generation Americans have never been more heterogeneous than we are now. Few people care in any significant way about race and ethnicity. In that regard we do very well. Within a few houses of me, I have quite the diversity in that regard and that's far from unusual. It is the heterogeneity in world view, aptitude, drive, education, family status, etc. from community to community that has never been greater. Where I grew up, it used to be a fairly normal American small town with nearly all children in a traditional family that value work and children that behaved and now it is a dysfunctional mess dominated by children raised nontraditional families and I have to use the word raise and family very loosely who do not value work, education, or any of that. While where I live now, is dominated by traditional families that value work, the kids behave, and they value education. I could NOT stand living where I grew up any more. I flocked elsewhere as is normal in America which has lead to the huge heterogeneity that we see if you can look past the skin.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:56 am

Quick question...

Do schools get $$$ for kids on Ritalin or other "babysitter drugs"...?

If the answer is yes, (and it is...) wouldn't it be in the schools best interest to have more kids on those easy excuse drugs?

More to the point, how much $$$ per student in Special Needs programs, do schools receive?

I say this, because I have seen with my own two eyes, school officials (teachers, nurses and counselors) ask parents to put their kids on drugs to settle them down... I was in school... I remember how we acted. I remember my high school, in 1992, try to place me on Ritalin. We (my family) couldn't figure out where this request came from. turns out one of my teachers (math) went to my counselor because I wasn't paying attention in class. My Dad wanted to know what the problem was. I told him I liked a girl (Rachael Laska... hubba, hubba) and she sat behind me. He thanked me for my honesty and subsequently grounded me until I learned to respect the classroom. The teacher, nurse and counselor requested a meeting with my parents. After listening to the beginning of their sales pitch, my Dad interrupted and asked to get to the point. He asked why I needed to be put on these drugs. It was to help me "focus" on my schoolwork. My Dad then explained that I was a 16 year old that was in to sports and girls, and was it possible that Ritalin would stop me from liking those things. Also wouldn't it make more sense to move me to the front of the class room, and away from the "distraction"? The look on their faces was priceless... Needless to say, that was my Dads(Physiology professor) way of telling them to F.U.(.K off...

I never did put that crap in my body, and oddly enough I have made a pretty decent living, making good money and have a relitavely happy life... all without a drug that was being pushed on me by the SCHOOL.

This is not to say that there are certain children who don't actually need these drugs. Kids have a lot of energy. School officials seem to think the norm is for these kids to sit quietly in a room for hours and work on schoolwork that most don't really care about. Most are waiting for the lunch and recess bells. Most can't wait to get home and play, which burns energy. It is why most parents are taken aback when confronted by these officials asking to medicate their otherwise normal child.

So my point is... to say it is all on the parents is misleading and frankly BS. It may ultimately be the final decision of the parents, but it isn't without a lot of coaxing and selling of said "babysitter drugs" by school officials, who tend to try to bring in $$$ for their schools through filling special needs programs.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.... :oops:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 am

Testimony of Patti Johnson Colorado State Board of Education member 2nd Congressional District before the U.S. House of Representatives Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations hearing entitled "Behavioral Drugs in Schools: Questions and Concerns" http://www.house.gov/ed_workforce/heari ... ohnson.htm September 29, 2000

"The legislation which is now the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) was originally the Education for all Handicapped Children Act of 1975. The intent of this legislation was to ensure that children with actual physical handicaps -- sight impairment, hearing loss, etc. -- were given the public education they are entitled to. This law was reauthorized in 1990 and the name changed to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. There were few procedural changes but the term "handicapped" was changed to "disabilities." The following year a memo was issued by the US Dept. of Education Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services which stated a child could qualify for special education if he was determined to have ADHD.

At this time, the IDEA legislation provided schools with an additional $400 per year for each child in special education. There followed a dramatic spike in the amount of methylphenidate consumed in the US. According to the DEA, the production and use of methylphenidate increased almost 6 fold between 1990 and 1995."

http://rense.com/general4/addd.htm

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 am

Once again.... Sorry for the hijacking of this thread...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 am

I would like to see a phsychologist of good reputation and without political affiliation tell us how many young through teen age boys have ADHD. I am willing to bet it is most of them. I can sit here and picture the behavior of most of the boys as I went through school. We were pretty well behaved considering we knew we would be immediately disciplined if we were not. We all still acted up every now and then and could have been called ADHD. Why? We were doing what young boys with short attention spans do.

I relte ADHD to PTSD. Everyone has it to some level with rare exceptions. When someone tells me a war veteran doesn't have PTSD I laugh in their face and tell them they are an idiot. We all have it. Some have a small amount, others have significant impacts to their lives from PTSD. Why? Constantly having the brain dosed with Adrenaline and other fight / flight chemicals such as endorphines is known to shrink the hypocampus. Thus causing changes in morals, values, responses, and other activities of the human so affected by the war time experience. Every veteran comes back at best a slightly different person than who they were when they shipped. Now rack up multiple tours and see what happens!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Gunnysway wrote:Quick question...

Do schools get $$$ for kids on Ritalin or other "babysitter drugs"...?

If the answer is yes, (and it is...) wouldn't it be in the schools best interest to have more kids on those easy excuse drugs?

More to the point, how much $$$ per student in Special Needs programs, do schools receive?

I say this, because I have seen with my own two eyes, school officials (teachers, nurses and counselors) ask parents to put their kids on drugs to settle them down... I was in school... I remember how we acted. I remember my high school, in 1992, try to place me on Ritalin. We (my family) couldn't figure out where this request came from. turns out one of my teachers (math) went to my counselor because I wasn't paying attention in class. My Dad wanted to know what the problem was. I told him I liked a girl (Rachael Laska... hubba, hubba) and she sat behind me. He thanked me for my honesty and subsequently grounded me until I learned to respect the classroom. The teacher, nurse and counselor requested a meeting with my parents. After listening to the beginning of their sales pitch, my Dad interrupted and asked to get to the point. He asked why I needed to be put on these drugs. It was to help me "focus" on my schoolwork. My Dad then explained that I was a 16 year old that was in to sports and girls, and was it possible that Ritalin would stop me from liking those things. Also wouldn't it make more sense to move me to the front of the class room, and away from the "distraction"? The look on their faces was priceless... Needless to say, that was my Dads(Physiology professor) way of telling them to F.U.(.K off...

I never did put that crap in my body, and oddly enough I have made a pretty decent living, making good money and have a relitavely happy life... all without a drug that was being pushed on me by the SCHOOL.

This is not to say that there are certain children who don't actually need these drugs. Kids have a lot of energy. School officials seem to think the norm is for these kids to sit quietly in a room for hours and work on schoolwork that most don't really care about. Most are waiting for the lunch and recess bells. Most can't wait to get home and play, which burns energy. It is why most parents are taken aback when confronted by these officials asking to medicate their otherwise normal child.

So my point is... to say it is all on the parents is misleading and frankly BS. It may ultimately be the final decision of the parents, but it isn't without a lot of coaxing and selling of said "babysitter drugs" by school officials, who tend to try to bring in $$$ for their schools through filling special needs programs.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.... :oops:

i am sure it happens. i have not seen it much. i have seen some cases where meds help. most hurt imo.

not hijacked at all. i think your experience was pretty normal for that time period.

i use lots of unique things in my class to keep kids moving and burning energy and more importantly focused. dads, if you have issues with studying focus at home or want to offer this to teachers, they are cheap and the kids love them. http://www.amazon.com/Isokinetics-Brand ... B000WQ4Z7Q
ohioboy
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:42 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I would like to see a phsychologist of good reputation and without political affiliation tell us how many young through teen age boys have ADHD. I am willing to bet it is most of them. I can sit here and picture the behavior of most of the boys as I went through school. We were pretty well behaved considering we knew we would be immediately disciplined if we were not. We all still acted up every now and then and could have been called ADHD. Why? We were doing what young boys with short attention spans do.

I relte ADHD to PTSD. Everyone has it to some level with rare exceptions. When someone tells me a war veteran doesn't have PTSD I laugh in their face and tell them they are an idiot. We all have it. Some have a small amount, others have significant impacts to their lives from PTSD. Why? Constantly having the brain dosed with Adrenaline and other fight / flight chemicals such as endorphines is known to shrink the hypocampus. Thus causing changes in morals, values, responses, and other activities of the human so affected by the war time experience. Every veteran comes back at best a slightly different person than who they were when they shipped. Now rack up multiple tours and see what happens!

Hell, my wife diagnosed me with ADHD :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

She works directly with psychs and clients, she believes in the meds, we don't agree on that let's say. I agree some may need it but not near the numbers on meds.

PTSD, I kinda know a former tunnel rat from Vietnam, he still wakes up wringing wet and screaming. His wife sleeps in another room. My former business landlord came back different, one of the guys at work thought it'd be fun to sneak up on him and give 'em a scare. Dude barely got up off the floor and my landlord took retirement.

I'm also pretty sure schools do receive extra Federal funds for such kids and special programs.

I think most ADHD misdiagnosed kids are actually damaged by drug using Moms. It's almost epidemic.
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum