Bait and Switch

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:22 am

ScaupHunter wrote:That is what happens when a corrupt government allows the media to be exempted from laws and controlled by their supportors, financial patrons, and sycophants. Why do you think the MSM vilfies and hates on Fox so much. Nothing worse to a monopoly on control and beliefs of the people than an actual opposition group with a real voice calling BS on everything you are saying.

Spouting BS at something does not magically transform it into bs, scaup. Well, other than to 6 year olds with a handful of cotton candy.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10885
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am


Re: Bait and Switch

Postby cartervj » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:14 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:That is what happens when a corrupt government allows the media to be exempted from laws and controlled by their supportors, financial patrons, and sycophants. Why do you think the MSM vilfies and hates on Fox so much. Nothing worse to a monopoly on control and beliefs of the people than an actual opposition group with a real voice calling BS on everything you are saying.

Spouting BS at something does not magically transform it into bs, scaup. Well, other than to 6 year olds with a handful of cotton candy.



is the truth hard to swallow :lol3:

why was a reporter arrested for asking the head of the EPA a question at a news conference?
happened a day ago
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7366
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 am

Glimmerjim wrote:The R's had vowed to stonewall Obama prior to the first day of his administration. So, when in Rome....

Of course, look how Image stupid his ideas were. Yet, we got stuck with these dumb Image ideas because they had zero ability to stop anything the Dems wanted. It is only because the R's have been able to stonewall a little that Obama and his administration has stopped doing as much harm.

Vowing to stop stupid is the right thing to do. If only, they were better at it.

However, how can you stop it when the President can lie without consequences. If Obama had told the truth about Obamacare, there was ZERO chance of it passing even with the Democrat super majority control of Congress. If you like you plan, well for millions of you sorry Image

They vowed to stop things that would have been stopped if Obama had not lied. That is a virtue :thumbsup:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby assateague » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
beretta24 wrote: In my mind, Obama lost all right to cry foul over Republicans stonewalling him from that day forward.

The R's had vowed to stonewall Obama prior to the first day of his administration. So, when in Rome....



If someone claims they're going to break into my house, they may accuse me of "stonewalling" all they want. But that doesn't make it any less of a good idea for me to do all I can to stop him. Or maybe I should "compromise", and only let him break into my shop?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:That is what happens when a corrupt government allows the media to be exempted from laws and controlled by their supportors, financial patrons, and sycophants. Why do you think the MSM vilfies and hates on Fox so much. Nothing worse to a monopoly on control and beliefs of the people than an actual opposition group with a real voice calling BS on everything you are saying.

Spouting BS at something does not magically transform it into bs, scaup. Well, other than to 6 year olds with a handful of cotton candy.



Calling BS on the truth is BS my friend.

Show me where I am wrong. Show me where the MSM with the exception of Fox News has not regurgitated the slop they are fed. Show me the prosecutions for outright lies and stupidity that has repeatedly been practiced by the MSM.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:That is what happens when a corrupt government allows the media to be exempted from laws and controlled by their supportors, financial patrons, and sycophants. Why do you think the MSM vilfies and hates on Fox so much. Nothing worse to a monopoly on control and beliefs of the people than an actual opposition group with a real voice calling BS on everything you are saying.

Spouting BS at something does not magically transform it into bs, scaup. Well, other than to 6 year olds with a handful of cotton candy.



Calling BS on the truth is BS my friend.

Show me where I am wrong. Show me where the MSM with the exception of Fox News has not regurgitated the slop they are fed. Show me the prosecutions for outright lies and stupidity that has repeatedly been practiced by the MSM.

I fully admit that I can't, Scaup. But I think the real trophy would go to FOX in the categories you suggested. I don't suggest that many of what you refer to as the MSN are not agenda based. I do, however, feel that Murdoch and FOX News practice this to a degree and regularity that many of the MSN's would blanch at.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10885
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:39 am

As believers in traditional values such as faith in God, family and country, conservatives are viciously attacked by the mainstream media which functions as enforcers, punishing all who dare challenge the Left's socialist/progressive agenda. The MSM portrays conservatives as nut case extremists; Col. Allen West, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Ted Cruz to name a few.

Liberals decry as “kooky” those of us who believe that the institution of marriage should continue to remain as the union of one man and one woman. Expecting the president to obey the Constitution is also declared by Obama media sycophants and the mainstream media to be a bit nutty, mean-spirited, racist and extreme.

The Left, assisted by their buddies in the MSM, uses a very effective tactic to render conservatives politically impotent. They accuse us of being haters and the aggressors, all the while forcing every item on their socialist/progressive list down Americans' throats. Conservatives who were simply minding their own business are branded the bad guys.

Conservatives are swiftly becoming an ever increasingly “silenced majority”; persecuted, intimidated and bullied into shutting up. Rush Limbaugh says our country is in the midst of a peaceful takeover. America as founded is slipping away daily.

Our only hope for restoring America as founded is to put as many true conservatives in office as possible. We take back America one candidate, one race, at a time. This is why it is so crucial that we rally around courageous conservative candidates like Steve Lonegan.

In an article about Steve Lonegan running for U.S. Senate in New Jersey, the author actually called Lonegan a “clown” because he is a conservative who vows to oppose Obama's agenda. Think about that folks, the MSM says opposing Obama is crazy talk, a joke, acting like a buffoon.

The article considers Lonegan a clown for posting on his website that he will “fight Obama's agenda in the U.S. Senate”. Lonegan sounds right on target to me. The article also said, “hugging the president” is the way to win in New Jersey. So according to this MSM hack, Lonegan should ignore Obama's disastrous failed socialist/progressive record and simply give the (black) guy a hug.

Allow me to share a bit about the president the liberal author of the article wants Lonegan to embrace (give a hug): If Obama were white, he would be facing impeachment. We have a unprecedented high numbers of Americans on food stamps and disability; (real) unemployment is through the roof, record high fuel prices and food prices. The homes of millions are financially under water. Our economy is on life support. Our national debt is $17 trillion which a Boston University professor says is really $222 trillion. Numerous high officials in the Obama Administration were caught blatantly and arrogantly lying to the American people.

Then there is the IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the AP scandal and the revelation that Big Brother is violating our first and fourth Amendment rights like never before. Meanwhile, Obamacare is being exposed to be a financial, medical, bureaucratic and emotional nightmare. Under Obama, America is in decline. Americans are accepting the worst economic recovery since WWII as the new normal.

And still, the mainstream media continues to brand Conservatism which is rooted in common sense as being outside of the mainstream; calling us “clowns” and racists. They insist that Americans join their brain-dead loyalty to the first, half-black president, succumbing to the hypnotic tune played by Obama on his flute – marching us to our deaths into a river of which there is no return.

Thus, conservative candidates with backbone like Steve Lonegan are vital to our cause, walking around with targets on their backs by the mainstream media.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am

Glimmerjim wrote:I don't suggest that many of what you refer to as the MSN are not agenda based. I do, however, feel that Murdoch and FOX News practice this to a degree and regularity that many of the MSN's would blanch at.

While I disagree with your assessment.

Is it human nature to have an agenda? Is it human nature to see the world not as it is, but to slant it so you see it as you wish it to be? Why are double blind studies necessary? They are medical professionals. If they can't be trusted to see things clearly, who can be? That's right. NOBODY. To pretend otherwise is to be nothing more than an ignorant fool.

Fair and balanced - while obviously subjective it is not an arrogant statement of objectivity and unbiased. It is a great statement for an organization such as the Fox News Channel. You will argue they fall short. However, it is something that is more easily achieved and something that I think FNC does far better than MSNBC or CNN.

EVERYBODY is biased. Everybody has an agenda.

The left simply seems unaware that their agenda is an agenda. They simply believe it is how things are or how they should be.

If it were up to me, every single report would post their voting record online. I would want them to post their positions on all hot button issues of the day. I think it is vital to understanding where the people telling you something are coming from. By hiding this, we are deprived of a vital piece of information necessary to interpret the filtered information that we are being presented.

I try to do a very simple thing when I hear something on the news or on a talk show. I try to find a source whose agenda is undermined by the facts that I seek. If the HuffingtonPost or New York Times reports something unfavorable to the President, I am more likely to believe it is true than if I hear it on Sean Hannity. And if Chris Matthews says something unfavorable to the Republicans, am I going to accept it or do the same as if it were Sean Hannity making negative claims about the Dems? You betcha. I'm going to try and find a source that will put the most positive spin on it because that is likely the best case scenario interpretation of the facts.

Sources whose agenda and biases are well known are far more reliable sources than those who have strong, but hidden opinions. And unless you are retarded, how can you be in the news or news opinion business and not have strong opinions? It is not possible. So they all have an agenda. Why do they hide it?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:07 pm

nitram wrote:As believers in traditional values such as faith in God, family and country, conservatives are viciously attacked by the mainstream media which functions as enforcers, punishing all who dare challenge the Left's socialist/progressive agenda. The MSM portrays conservatives as nut case extremists; Col. Allen West, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann and Ted Cruz to name a few.

Liberals decry as “kooky” those of us who believe that the institution of marriage should continue to remain as the union of one man and one woman. Expecting the president to obey the Constitution is also declared by Obama media sycophants and the mainstream media to be a bit nutty, mean-spirited, racist and extreme.

The Left, assisted by their buddies in the MSM, uses a very effective tactic to render conservatives politically impotent. They accuse us of being haters and the aggressors, all the while forcing every item on their socialist/progressive list down Americans' throats. Conservatives who were simply minding their own business are branded the bad guys.

Conservatives are swiftly becoming an ever increasingly “silenced majority”; persecuted, intimidated and bullied into shutting up. Rush Limbaugh says our country is in the midst of a peaceful takeover. America as founded is slipping away daily.

Our only hope for restoring America as founded is to put as many true conservatives in office as possible. We take back America one candidate, one race, at a time. This is why it is so crucial that we rally around courageous conservative candidates like Steve Lonegan.

In an article about Steve Lonegan running for U.S. Senate in New Jersey, the author actually called Lonegan a “clown” because he is a conservative who vows to oppose Obama's agenda. Think about that folks, the MSM says opposing Obama is crazy talk, a joke, acting like a buffoon.

The article considers Lonegan a clown for posting on his website that he will “fight Obama's agenda in the U.S. Senate”. Lonegan sounds right on target to me. The article also said, “hugging the president” is the way to win in New Jersey. So according to this MSM hack, Lonegan should ignore Obama's disastrous failed socialist/progressive record and simply give the (black) guy a hug.

Allow me to share a bit about the president the liberal author of the article wants Lonegan to embrace (give a hug): If Obama were white, he would be facing impeachment. We have a unprecedented high numbers of Americans on food stamps and disability; (real) unemployment is through the roof, record high fuel prices and food prices. The homes of millions are financially under water. Our economy is on life support. Our national debt is $17 trillion which a Boston University professor says is really $222 trillion. Numerous high officials in the Obama Administration were caught blatantly and arrogantly lying to the American people.

Then there is the IRS scandal, the Benghazi scandal, the AP scandal and the revelation that Big Brother is violating our first and fourth Amendment rights like never before. Meanwhile, Obamacare is being exposed to be a financial, medical, bureaucratic and emotional nightmare. Under Obama, America is in decline. Americans are accepting the worst economic recovery since WWII as the new normal.

And still, the mainstream media continues to brand Conservatism which is rooted in common sense as being outside of the mainstream; calling us “clowns” and racists. They insist that Americans join their brain-dead loyalty to the first, half-black president, succumbing to the hypnotic tune played by Obama on his flute – marching us to our deaths into a river of which there is no return.

Thus, conservative candidates with backbone like Steve Lonegan are vital to our cause, walking around with targets on their backs by the mainstream media.

I intended to give you my concept of a rational rebuttal, nitram, right up until I saw your usage of the quote from Rush Limbaugh. Then I felt like I am sure you would feel if I gave a dissertation on modern medical practices and used Groucho Marx, Ronald McDonald, and the village witch doctor as my sources of reference.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10885
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:51 pm

My bad Jim, interjected to keep you from losing interest. I didn't and don't base my thoughts on him although we are closer than others......say Chris Matthews, Dan Rabbit, Chris Oldermann, Tom Brokaw, Steffi, and the late Peter Jennings, to name a few.

Please continue........... :beer:
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 am

nitram wrote:My bad Jim, interjected to keep you from losing interest. I didn't and don't base my thoughts on him although we are closer than others......say Chris Matthews, Dan Rabbit, Chris Oldermann, Tom Brokaw, Steffi, and the late Peter Jennings, to name a few.

Please continue........... :beer:

:lol3: Fair enough, nitram. We had a pretty continual downpour in No. California today, and I was kept busy taking care of things that I thought were over for the season. Then I finished my day with a few beers, which is rendering me about as astute as the sloth meandering the grove with no destination in mind! I'll respond tomorrow, am. Hold me to it! Thanks buddy! :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10885
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby nitram » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 am

7.1 million. That's how many Americans Barack Obama is proudly trumpeting have signed up for ObamaCare by the March 31 deadline, and that, he said, means ObamaCare “is here to stay.” Amazing that the number was so quickly released and so precise, just in time for April Fool's Day. As Charles Krauthammer noted, “These guys go six months without any idea what the numbers are, and all of a sudden it's to a decimal point.” But in fact, it's remarkably not precise, since a large number of that 7.1 million haven't paid their premiums yet, which means they're not enrolled. How many were previously uninsured? They don't say. The White House also doesn't mention that ObamaCare forced the cancellation of six million insurance policies, leaving many of those folks no option but to sign up for ObamaCare. How convenient that signups outnumbered cancellations. “Why are folks working so hard for people not to have health insurance?” Obama asked smugly. He should look in the mirror. It's incredible what you can achieve when you mandate that people do something and penalize them for not doing it. But hey, it's a “success story”!
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:42 am

What would the numbers be if he had enforced the actual deadlines? What are the ramifications of that?

7.1 million out of 330 million or so citizens have signed up? 2.15 percent of the American populace has signed up based on flawed numbers. WINNING! :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby cartervj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:48 pm

images-2.jpeg
images-2.jpeg (11.83 KiB) Viewed 86 times
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7366
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:50 pm

nitram wrote:7.1 million. That's how many Americans Barack Obama is proudly trumpeting have signed up for ObamaCare by the March 31 deadline, and that, he said, means ObamaCare “is here to stay.”

What does that even mean?

How many paid their premiums? Image

How many lost their coverage because of Obamacare and were forced to do this? Image

How many are sick and will consume far more than their fair share? Image

How many are living off the taxpayers? Image

How many had a policy they liked and lost it? Image

How many would have otherwise been uninsured? Image

How many actually believe the person that said if you like your health care, you can keep it? If it is more than zero, we know how many fools there are.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby nitram » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 pm

The numbers for the signups are as trustworthy as the unemployment numbers. They're produced from the same place.....
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Bait and Switch

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:15 am

Even if they got 70 million. It doesn't matter because the government should NEVER be allowed to force you to buy anything ever just because you are breathing.

The silly left likes to compare it to car insurance. It's not actually a bad analogy.

If you drive your car solely on private property, you do NOT need any insurance at all.

If you wish to drive on public roads, you must have liability insurance because it is possible to do very costly damage to other people's property. This is the same reason any business that can do costly damage in an accident must have coverage. It's to protect the other people.

And you never need to insure your property. Of course, if the law forced the tow company and the repair shop to fix your car and give it back to you without paying your bill, then we would have the same analogy.

The answer to ensuring people get EMERGENCY care is not to force every living American, after all we can't force illegal aliens and other criminals to obey the law, to buy something they do not want. The solution is not to make the providers eat the cost either. The answer is to make it a crime to leave without a positive ID. Make it very difficult to get out of paying your bills. And after that, the government should pay the difference and should still seek collection down the road.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16433
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests