Cops shoot homeless man.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Cops shoot homeless man.

Postby sampsonhuntin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Justified? I'm going with a big hell no. (Warning: graphic)
http://rt.com/usa/james-boyd-killed-apd-965/
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Re: Cops shoot homeless man.

Postby charlie beard » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Sad day for America only going to get worse. :no:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:54 pm

They talked with him for 3hrs and then shot him. :huh: :huh:
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Gj325 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:23 pm

He was over ten feet from them So he had a knife. Damn shoot him in legs arms. Sic the dog on him. I think five cops could disarm a man armed with a knife with out massive gun fire. I am as conservative as you get and have no problem with justified force but this is way out of line.
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter

Postby :-) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Justified? Those cops need to be shot in a manner that would severely wound them, but allow at least 12 hours of suffering before hanging them in the town square...that would be justified!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)
hunter

Postby don novicki » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:31 am

Shot him in the back too. Don't bother with an investigation because they will all be cleared anyways. Cops have way too much power and no oversite. They need a civilian review board for every shooting to determine if it was justified. The dog was on his way, why did they call him off?
don novicki
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 am

This one has me a bit torn. The man threatened the cops and said he would kill them. That right there should have triggered a good tazering and an end to the stand off. He then reaches for his stuff and a cop shoots him in the back. Bad juju right there. He was not a threat while turned away from them. Now toss in that it is well proven fact that a person can cross 21 feet and take you down before you can respond properly to the attack and you have a series of problems with the situation.

1. Why were the cops only 10 feet away from the man?
2. Why didn't they just taze the guy and cuff and stuff him?
3. Who was the senior officer in charge? After what 3 hours they couldn't get a psychologist out there to talk the guy down?

I don't think we can really call this one as justified or not. I think a court needs to decide this one with a panel of jurors hearing the facts and seeing the tapes.

If you want unjustified, lets talk about the LA cops blasting two asian women in a blue pick up truck delivering newspapers.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 am

Pretty sickening. A lot is going down this Sunday. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out online and at the rally.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 am

Shot him in the back = coward move.

There was no threat.

They had bean bag ammunition (non lethal) and Mr. Itchy trigger, Rambo cop chose to shoot lethal rounds. They even sent the dog, so there was a very good distraction that would have lent itself to a good time for non lethals.

The cop made a rookie move. His badge should be stripped.

Bottom line... that was a bad shoot.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:56 am

They might get buy with, and call it justified. But, damn if I could live with it. At the time the shots were fired, their life was not in danger.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby don novicki » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:51 pm

You may be Able to cross 21' of flat terrain but the terrain was in no way conducive to rapid movement. Don't they have tasers anyways...,..If you are a cop and are that afraid for your life then maybe that just isn't the job for you.
don novicki
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:34 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I don't think we can really call this one as justified or not. I think a court needs to decide this one with a panel of jurors hearing the facts and seeing the tapes. .

I agree with ScaupHunter on this, the courts need to decide whether or not it was justified. He was armed with two knives and a potential threat to anyone in his immediate area and he did just threaten to kill them. He did challenge them with the knives as well after the bang was deployed. The courts may or may not rule it justified. If you watch the video really close he was shot with a less lethal gun first and I think that is what set the two rifles into motion. They got trigger happy when they heard the report from the shotgun and the suspect was actually turning away from the pain of the first drag stabilizing round that hit him initially.

I really think there were some other options that could have been explored that would have made them look a lot less like villains. I really don’t see why after the flash bang they didn’t just thump him with the less lethal drag stabilizers till he submitted. If then he attacked there would be no question at all as to the justification. We have had more time to try the case than they had to make the decision to shoot already and I really hate to second guess other law enforcement officers. I would like to believe that we always make the right decisions at critical moments like this one but, I just don’t feel that the suspect had to die at that particular moment. Three seconds later may have been a different story if he continued to challenge or attack. That’s the part of the story that we will never know and the two officers that were providing lethal cover will have to live with the decision they made from now own.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:54 pm

rivercountry wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I don't think we can really call this one as justified or not. I think a court needs to decide this one with a panel of jurors hearing the facts and seeing the tapes. .

That’s the part of the story that we will never know and the two officers that were providing lethal cover will have to live with the decision they made from now own.

That was my point, legal or not I would not want to live with it. .
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:15 pm

In my opinion, based on what I saw in the video the cops that fired bullets should be in trouble.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum