Race Baiting

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Race Baiting

Postby cartervj » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:03 am

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Race Baiting

Postby ibedamn » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:14 pm

If Bill Moooer was as smart as he thinks he is we wouldn't need God.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Good for Bill Maher. I think he made an interesting point that seems pretty true ... and the black dude took the bait as did almost everyone else in the audience. Maybe I did too.

What's your complaint? Or did you have one?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Just how easy it is to get people riled up, depending on who says it. It really shouldn't matter who says it, just like the "N" word. :thumbsup:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:27 pm

My favorite -

"You can't blame them for not doing better."

Oh really? So instead if taking initiative, going out and making a difference in depressed communities, these inner city-dwellers are given a free pass when they start crying about living conditions? They blame their forefathers, their neighborhoods, anyone other themselves for the problems they are experiencing, and they are given the "oh, that's ok. It's his fathers fault he's a lazy POS."

BS. It's people like this comedian that are the root if them problem. They blame anything and everything other than the people that continue to let hit happen.

Idiots, the entire lot of them.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:25 pm

go get the bird wrote:My favorite -

Oh really? So instead if taking initiative, going out and making a difference in depressed communities, these inner city-dwellers are given a free pass when they start crying about living conditions? They blame their forefathers, their neighborhoods, anyone other themselves for the problems they are experiencing, and they are given the "oh, that's ok. It's his fathers fault he's a lazy POS."

BS. It's people like this comedian that are the root if them problem. They blame anything and everything other than the people that continue to let hit happen.

You have got to be kidding! He was demonstrating the inate biases and hypocrisy of those who judge a statement based not upon the veracity of the statement, but on who utters it. It was an insightful and intelligent moment, which really was absolving Ryan of rascism rather than villifying him. It's people like HIM that demonstrate and expose how foolish we can be. Jeez, remote back to FOX.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:43 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

You have got to be kidding! He was demonstrating the inate biases and hypocrisy of those who judge a statement based not upon the veracity of the statement, but on who utters it. It was an insightful and intelligent moment, which really was absolving Ryan of rascism rather than villifying him. It's people like HIM that demonstrate and expose how foolish we can be. Jeez, remote back to FOX.

Did you even watch the video? I'm talking about the black guy. You know, the guy that Bill tripped up?
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:52 pm

go get the bird wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Did you even watch the video? I'm talking about the black guy. You know, the guy that Bill tripped up?

You're correct, ggtb, I sincerely believed you were referring to Maher. I apologize for my misunderstanding. However, the only thing I infer from his, the black comedian's, first response, was that he did believe that the original transcript was rascist. When speaking derogatorily about an issue that is extremely related to a particular race of people, we construe that as "rascist". When you speak of inner-city problems you are most certainly speaking of minorities. I do believe he would be saying the same about whites were they exhibiting the same behavior and were predominant in the same environment, so while he is speaking of minorities, in my opinion that is simply because that is who is inhabiting these problem areas. After his first response, I saw no indication that he was "tripped up" by Maher's intentional misquote. Maher stated it was another quote by Ryan, and he accepted it. I would have also, but I saw no attempt from this guy to hop on to a platform to further castigate Ryan.
I DO agree with you ggtb, that there is a lack of self-sufficiency, ambition, and pride of accomplishment in many of these areas. I disagree, however, that they should not criticize their lack of equal opportunity with the middle-class suburbanite. We are unquestionably shaped by our environment, in ways that we may not even be aware of. Far be it for many of us to even imagine the conditions a large proportion of these people were raised in. Calling them out for their statements of inequality and referring to them as idiots does not contribute to a desire for integration into the American Dream.
Nothing personal, though, ggtb. My original statement was misguided and I apologize again.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:58 am

cartervj wrote:Just how easy it is to get people riled up, depending on who says it. It really shouldn't matter who says it, just like the "N" word. :thumbsup:

Just doesn't work that way, carter. Context and implication lend more to communication than simply the words. Woody Allen was the guru of this. He used it in one form or another in every movie. It's due to the fact that a wrd actually means different things to other people. "******" betwen two black friends is a show of unity, and further reinforces theawareness that they are still, in many areas, a second rate citizen. The two cotton farming progeny of the south sit around after breakfast and shake their heads at the inferiority of the two black guys within hearing distance. Words have connotations, not simply denotations, and those connotations are usually resplendently rife with their opinions.
Should those being belabored verbally take offense? I am not sure. I know that sometimes, as a person with different poltical views than the majority here, I have had enough. Had enough to choose my next couurse of action clearly? Not always. I sometimes respond with accumulated acrimony, which renders me, in the eye of public opinion, as the knee-jerk reactionist.
In completion. I would suggest that it is simple and fool's play to categorize and find reason to belittle, but much more difficult to find commonalities that render preconceptions as erroneous.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby assateague » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 am

Woody Allen was **** his daughter. I'd say that that pretty much makes bringing him up as a "model" for anything aside from pedophilia useless :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 am

assateague wrote:Woody Allen was **** his daughter. I'd say that that pretty much makes bringing him up as a "model" for anything aside from pedophilia useless :lol3:

I really don't have any inate desire to defend him, at, but my limited research shows very little in the way of credible claims of sexual abuse on any minors in his life. Mia Farrow's adopted daughter Soon, was 19 when their relationship began, and it has continued for close to 20 years. They were married in 1997. The only other reference to child sexual abuse ever conjectured about him were by another of Mia's daughter's for which he was was investigated and subsequently absolved. Her brother said at the time that it was simply a conspired, contrived attempt to discredit the man due to his separation from Mia and relationship with her adopted, adult, daughter.
However, even if the accusations leveled at him by the younger daughter were proven to be infallibly accurate, while it may alter any feelings of respect I have for the man, it would not affect my perception of him as an innovative, comedic talent and gifted movie producer/actor.
If a hypothetical man can write the great American novel, or change the basic preconception of space, time, and energy such as Einstein, yet is found to be morally deficient in one form or another, it doesn't rob him of his genius. It may rob him of our personal, positive, perception of him as a model citizen. But it does not detract from his intellectual contributions to society.
Whew!!! Kind of went a long ways out of my way to defend someone I really have no desire to defend! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Sounds like you like the new MSNBC host. Ronan or what ever his name is :huh:
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:53 am

cartervj wrote:Sounds like you like the new MSNBC host. Ronan or what ever his name is :huh:

To be quite honest, I have been avoiding political media rhetoric of all sorts for a while, carter. The smoke and mirrors are making me see double and cough! :lol3: I'd still probably share a bed with Rachel Maddow though. Something about those somewhat cute lesbians just makes me feel a challenge. Give me a little time and I'll have her hating women like most heterosexual women, applying "all the rouge she can muster", and be on a first name basis with the cashiers at Victoria's Secret! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:13 am

Somewhat cute...? (this is where the puking emoticon goes)

Kinda' subjective... don't ya think...? :hammer:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:30 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
cartervj wrote:Sounds like you like the new MSNBC host. Ronan or what ever his name is :huh:

To be quite honest, I have been avoiding political media rhetoric of all sorts for a while, carter. The smoke and mirrors are making me see double and cough! :lol3: I'd still probably share a bed with Rachel Maddow though. Something about those somewhat cute lesbians just makes me feel a challenge. Give me a little time and I'll have her hating women like most heterosexual women, applying "all the rouge she can muster", and be on a first name basis with the cashiers at Victoria's Secret! :lol3:

Someone is feeling optomistic today. :thumbsup:
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Someones is feeling optomistic today. :thumbsup:

:lol3: More like stuffing my fat gut in a WalMart spandex Superman costume and posing in front of the mirror while dreaming up Walter Mitty-like fantasies, scaup! :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Good luck with that, I think :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Someones is feeling optomistic today. :thumbsup:

:lol3: More like stuffing my fat gut in a WalMart spandex Superman costume and posing in front of the mirror while dreaming up Walter Mitty-like fantasies, scaup! :beer:

Or me actually typing clearly what my brain is thinking. Much less looking it over to edit it before posting. :fingerhead: I swear I can spell guys. Boy Scouts honor! I just can't type coherently at 80 words a minute. :help:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum