More Democratic Coruption

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

More Democratic Coruption

Postby cartervj » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am

http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-17/news/48269239_1_investigation-kane-ali

Kane shut down sting that snared Phila. officials

By Angela Couloumbis and Craig R. McCoy, Inquirer Staff Writers
POSTED: March 17, 2014
The Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office ran an undercover sting operation over three years that captured leading Philadelphia Democrats, including four members of the city's state House delegation, on tape accepting money, The Inquirer has learned.

Yet no one was charged with a crime.

Prosecutors began the sting in 2010 when Republican Tom Corbett was attorney general. After Democrat Kathleen G. Kane took office in 2013, she shut it down.

In a statement to The Inquirer on Friday, Kane called the investigation poorly conceived, badly managed, and tainted by racism, saying it had targeted African Americans.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL


Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby vincentpa » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:26 pm

cartervj wrote:http://articles.philly.com/2014-03-17/news/48269239_1_investigation-kane-ali

Kane shut down sting that snared Phila. officials

By Angela Couloumbis and Craig R. McCoy, Inquirer Staff Writers
POSTED: March 17, 2014
The Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office ran an undercover sting operation over three years that captured leading Philadelphia Democrats, including four members of the city's state House delegation, on tape accepting money, The Inquirer has learned.

Yet no one was charged with a crime.

Prosecutors began the sting in 2010 when Republican Tom Corbett was attorney general. After Democrat Kathleen G. Kane took office in 2013, she shut it down.

In a statement to The Inquirer on Friday, Kane called the investigation poorly conceived, badly managed, and tainted by racism, saying it had targeted African Americans.


I believe the current AG of PA Catherine Kane is currently under federal investigation.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7715
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby cartervj » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:46 pm

I hope so, I don't care what side of the coin a politician is from, they should always be held accountable.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby High Sierras » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Image

I'm shocked... I thought the democrats were above this sort of thing.











Truely shocked.
:sarcmark:
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby nitram » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Thursday, 'twas noted that California state senator Leland Yee was arrested for gun trafficking. But Yee isn't the only Democrat behind bars for breaking the law. In fact, he's not even the only California state senator. Ron Calderon was indicted for bribery, and Roderick Wright was convicted of voter fraud and perjury. On the other side of the country, the FBI arrested Charlotte, NC. Mayor Patrick Cannon for accepting tens of thousands of dollars in bribes. Cannon had promised to leverage his connection with Barack Obama for various projects. The list of recently arrested or convicted Democrats stretches from New York to San Diego and Detroit to New Orleans: Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin; Trenton, NJ. Mayor Tony Mack; San Diego Mayor Bob Filner; Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford – to mention a few. Two New York lawmakers were indicted for corruption, while the offices of a third were raided. All of these people have two things in common: They're all Democrats, but the Leftmedia ignores their party affiliation when reporting the stories. We shouldn't hear anything about conservatives until October.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Gee whiz! Guess you boys enjoy throwing Dem trash on the fire. Good for you, that's what needs to happen. Trash is trash regardless of label.

I briefly thought about posting some R criminal news, but why bother. No one has forgotten Tom Delay, and if you want to find a list of R-shit-birds it's not hard to do (e.g., http://www.badrepublicans.com/republican-hobbies.html). But what's the point, other than perhaps u-boys getting that feeling you got when climbing the rope back in 7th grade gym class.

As I've tried to explain ad infinitum: the distribution of perverts, criminals, good people, and any other slice of nature you wish to choose, is almost universally described by the normal curve. The bell curve. There is always a segment within your group that is great, and another segment within that same group that is its polar opposite of sorts.

The point then is this: pointing fingers at Dem-scumbags or R-scumbags gets us nowhere, except that perhaps when you do it you get your rocks off just a little bit with each post. Have fun, but realize how squirrely it is.
Last edited by dudejcb on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 pm

dudejcb wrote:Gee whiz! Guess you boys enjoy throwing Dem trash on the fire. Good for you, that's what needs to happen. Trash is trash regardless of label.

I briefly thought about posting some R criminal news, but why bother. No one has forgotten Tom Delay, and if you want to find a list of R-shit-birds it's not hard to do (e.g., http://www.badrepublicans.com/republican-hobbies.html). But what's the point, other than perhaps u-boys getting that feeling you got when climbing the rope back in 7th grade gym class.

As I've tried to explain ad infinitum: the distribution of perverts, criminals, good people, and any other slice of nature you wish to choose, is almost universally described by the normal curve. The bell curve. There is always a segment within your group that is great, and another segment within that same group that is its polar opposite of sorts.

The point then is this: pointing fingers at Dem-scumbags or R-scumbags gets us nowhere, except that perhaps when you do it you get your rocks off just a little bit with each post. Have fun, but realize how squirrely it is.


Soooooo........that's why you rushed here to post a thread about Christie when he was accused of criminal activities? :huh: :rolleyes:
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby dudejcb » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 am

clampdaddy wrote:Soooooo........that's why you rushed here to post a thread about Christie when he was accused of criminal activities? :huh: :rolleyes:

first, the Christie thing was news worthy on a national level, and there's a difference between illegal activities for personal gain vs. political revenge and bastardization of public processes.
Second, if guilty myself, so be it. I'm still growing and learning. Try it.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby Andy W » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 am

dudejcb wrote: Trash is trash regardless of label.


I agree, however some law breakers seem to get a pass in the MSM while others are continually raked over the coals.
Andy W
hunter
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:30 am
Location: KY

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:31 am

Andy W wrote:
dudejcb wrote: Trash is trash regardless of label.


I agree, however some law breakers seem to get a pass in the MSM while others are continually raked over the coals.


It happens here too. :wink:
User avatar
clampdaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Where spoonies go to die

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby assateague » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 am

clampdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Gee whiz! Guess you boys enjoy throwing Dem trash on the fire. Good for you, that's what needs to happen. Trash is trash regardless of label.

I briefly thought about posting some R criminal news, but why bother. No one has forgotten Tom Delay, and if you want to find a list of R-shit-birds it's not hard to do (e.g., http://www.badrepublicans.com/republican-hobbies.html). But what's the point, other than perhaps u-boys getting that feeling you got when climbing the rope back in 7th grade gym class.

As I've tried to explain ad infinitum: the distribution of perverts, criminals, good people, and any other slice of nature you wish to choose, is almost universally described by the normal curve. The bell curve. There is always a segment within your group that is great, and another segment within that same group that is its polar opposite of sorts.

The point then is this: pointing fingers at Dem-scumbags or R-scumbags gets us nowhere, except that perhaps when you do it you get your rocks off just a little bit with each post. Have fun, but realize how squirrely it is.


Soooooo........that's why you rushed here to post a thread about Christie when he was accused of criminal activities? :huh: :rolleyes:




:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Let's not forget the Scott Walker piling on as well. Hurts, don't it?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 am

dudejcb wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Soooooo........that's why you rushed here to post a thread about Christie when he was accused of criminal activities? :huh: :rolleyes:

first, the Christie thing was news worthy on a national level, and there's a difference between illegal activities for personal gain vs. political revenge and bastardization of public processes.
Second, if guilty myself, so be it. I'm still growing and learning. Try it.



:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

You are killing me today Dude. Seriously? Apparently the D side of the fence has much wider bell curve than the R side. We all know there are criminals on both sides of the fence. The D's just seem to believe corruption and bastardization of the political system is an elected birthright.

If the R's are so bad, why is a D controlled government nailing so many D's instead of R's?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby High Sierras » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 am

dudejcb wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Soooooo........that's why you rushed here to post a thread about Christie when he was accused of criminal activities? :huh: :rolleyes:

first, the Christie thing was news worthy on a national level, and there's a difference between illegal activities for personal gain vs. political revenge and bastardization of public processes.
Second, if guilty myself, so be it. I'm still growing and learning. Try it.


"News worthy on a national level"... for supposedly closing a bridge for a few hours, which was not proven. But being arrested & convicted of selling millions of dollars worth in automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenade launchers (and ammunition for both) to potential terrorists is not news worthy. Got it. Is it not news worthy because no one has been inconvienienced by those weapons like the commuters of NJ were, or because Leeland has a record of pandering to the gun grabbers like the Bradytards, and the hypocracy is a bit too much for you, or is it not newsworthy because he's a democrat and it's just more expected bad behavior from members of the modern democrat party?


Just use the same format as ol' Slick Willie's defenders did, you probably still have the script down... "Leeland Yee needs to be excused for this embarrasment, he was elected by the voters of San Francisco to do a job, and he needs to get back to the work of the American people. Why can't you guys stop harassing our guys?"
High Sierras
hunter
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm
Location: above the snow line most of the year

Re: More Democratic Coruption

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 am

If Tom Delay is the best example you can muster (from 2002), that speaks volumes:
http://usat.ly/1eUBev3
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests