Sea Level Rise

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Sea Level Rise

Postby huntmmup » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

blueskye, I was around in the 70s when the global cooling hypothesis surfaced. Do you know what percentage of scientists/scientific organizations ascribed to it? Even wikipedia can help you answer that question. I'll give you a hint, is far from 9,136 out 9,137 scientists and every single scientific organization on the planet like global warming is now.

Ok do not list people you worked with directly, list scientists who are experts on climatology and who also disagree the global warming is occurring or is man made. I found 9,136 out of 9,137 experts who had publised peer reviewed articles on the topic in the last year agreed, lets see how many can you find that disagree.
huntmmup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:22 pm

huntmmup wrote:blueskye, I was around in the 70s when the global cooling hypothesis surfaced. Do you know what percentage of scientists/scientific organizations ascribed to it? Even wikipedia can help you answer that question. I'll give you a hint, is far from 9,136 out 9,137 scientists and every single scientific organization on the planet like global warming is now.

Ok do not list people you worked with directly, list scientists who are experts on climatology and who also disagree the global warming is occurring or is man made. I found 9,136 out of 9,137 experts who had publised peer reviewed articles on the topic in the last year agreed, lets see how many can you find that disagree.

You're like a dog on a bone, you don't give up once you've latched on to an argument regardless if the argument logically support your position. Then you try backing up your position using generalities, and ignore basic evidence that contradicts the few specifics you provide. :fingerhead:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:54 pm

huntmmup wrote:blueskye, I was around in the 70s when the global cooling hypothesis surfaced. Do you know what percentage of scientists/scientific organizations ascribed to it? Even wikipedia can help you answer that question. I'll give you a hint, is far from 9,136 out 9,137 scientists and every single scientific organization on the planet like global warming is now.

Somehow, somewhere, someone has not been paying attention to what is going on in the world of science!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Btw to answer the question for duck stank, sea level is increasing in many places, decreasing in many others. Tell your teacher to suck a fart and quit fishing for liberal agenda answers.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"If you don't chew big red, then f- you"
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Also "dudejcb", before we discuss this too much, have you taken quality courses on physics, differential equations, and thermodynamics?
uhhh yeah. Linear algebra, fluid mechanic, fluid dynamics, (plain old) dynamics (the one that comes after statics) and all the other high powered science, math, and design classes it takes to attain an engineering degree.

I think they were quality courses, and Cal Poly is accredited, but I can check and find out.

So: are the ice caps and glaciers world wide melting or not? Why?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Also "dudejcb", before we discuss this too much, have you taken quality courses on physics, differential equations, and thermodynamics?
uhhh yeah. Linear algebra, fluid mechanic, fluid dynamics, (plain old) dynamics (the one that comes after statics) and all the other high powered science, math, and design classes it takes to attain an engineering degree.

I think they were quality courses, and Cal Poly is accredited, but I can check and find out.

Ask bluesky. Apparently, he knows enough to discredit the experience and education of doctorate-holding scientists. :fingerhead:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm

go get the bird wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

Ask bluesky. Apparently, he knows enough to discredit the experience and education of doctorate-holding scientists. :fingerhead:

Exactly doctorate-holding scientists, especially those that work for the government, know everything and you should never doubt anything they say :yes:

huntmmup wrote:list scientists who are experts on climatology and who also disagree the global warming is occurring or is man made.
Now if you just mean that there is at least some small negligible warming, that is zero. If you mean people that think Al Gore and the other doomsdayers are smoking dope, here are just a couple to start. If you mean people that reject keeping everything secret and that there is group think, they exist too. You can do your own homework, but here is a couple. One that questions the science and one that calls for being a lot more open and that there are issues with the behavior of the scientists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lindzen
Richard Siegmund Lindzen (born February 8, 1940) is an American atmospheric physicist, known for his work in the dynamics of the middle atmosphere, atmospheric tides and ozone photochemistry. He has published more than 200 scientific papers and books. From 1983,[1] until he retired in 2013, he was Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.[2] He was a lead author of Chapter 7, 'Physical Climate Processes and Feedbacks,' of the IPCC Third Assessment Report on climate change. He has criticized the scientific consensus about climate change[3] and what he has called climate alarmism.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Curry
Judith A. Curry is an American climatologist and chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Her research interests include hurricanes, remote sensing, atmospheric modeling, polar climates, air-sea interactions, and the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for atmospheric research. She is a member of the National Research Council's Climate Research Committee.[1]

Curry is the co-author of Thermodynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans (1999), and co-editor of Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences (2002), as well as over 140 scientific papers. Among her awards is the Henry G. Houghton Research Award from the American Meteorological Society in 1992.

While Judith Curry supports the scientific opinion on climate change,[12] she has argued that climatologists should be more accommodating of those skeptical of the scientific consensus on climate change.[12] Curry has stated she is troubled by what she calls the "tribal nature" of parts of the climate-science community, and what she sees as stonewalling over the release of data and its analysis for independent review.[12]

In February 2010 Curry published an essay called "On the Credibility of Climate Change, Towards Rebuilding Trust" on Watts Up With That? and other blogs.[13] Writing in The New York Times, Andrew Revkin calls the essay a message to young scientists who may have been disheartened by the November 2009 climate change controversy known as "Climategate".[12]

I'm all but certain I have met her. She joined Ga Tech the year I graduated for the last time.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Sea Level Rise

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Good. Pleasantly surprised then you will get what I wrote.

Answer is Both. Southern are increasing northern are decreasing proportionally to the net temperature decrease in the Southern Hemisphere and the opposite up north.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:11 pm

go get the bird wrote:Ask bluesky. Apparently, he knows enough to discredit the experience and education of doctorate-holding scientists. :fingerhead:

Well if you read what all I wrote then you would realize that its not that I have discredited the scientists, but I do not agree to the extent that they do. I do not think we have nearly enough knowledge to accurately model any of the various systems and feedback loops and we do not have nearly enough long term data to recognize any global scale trends. If you look into an article written by forbes I believe, they broke down the "97% consensus) as displayed by the IPCC in what their consensus actually means. It did not mean they all believe they actually believe the same thing, but rather a small watered down common core of it was agreed upon. As with many other scientists, I believe their is global climate change. It has and always will happen because the earth is always changing. I also do concur that to some small scale humans can impact climate, but I do not believe we have enough data to accurately model any truth behind the catastrophic global climate change hypothesis that is sweeping the US. I think, as many other scientists do, that much more research needs to take place. But unlike the IPCC, I see a lot of the current research being almost a self fulfilling prophecy. When you are using peer reviewed work to substantiate your peer reviewed work on the same topic, you are bound to substantiate each others claims. In order for an intelligent conclusion to ever be reached, more research on both sides of the aisle must happen independently. As of right now, global warming alarmists are based more on faith and policy than true long term science. There are as many holes in that theory as any other. Look at their recent predictions for global temperature anomalies. In the '90s they expected it to be MUCH hotter than it is now, with little to no decrease in temperature. Therefore if we are to make adequate political and fiscal decisions about it, more time must past. To sacrifice ANY of our GDP in the midst of the current financial crisis, with true unemployment (including those so discouraged they have left the workforce) being so high, with half of the country getting some sort of government assistance, etc I believe is truly irresponsible.

As well lets all look back to the 1960's. We had never been to the moon and computers were at most as powerful as a calculator. Now look at the difference compared to where we are now. To believe right now is the end all be all, we must cut carbon now no matter what the cost, etc without believing that innovation in the future can provide a much more effective solution is ridiculous.

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Bwahaha. I'm sorry, I didn't mean you bluesky. I meant huntmmup.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Gotcha. Well that's my final analysis on all this. To say the least, it got real in here

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Good. Pleasantly surprised then you will get what I wrote.

Answer is Both. Southern are increasing northern are decreasing proportionally to the net temperature decrease in the Southern Hemisphere and the opposite up north.
There are various theories to explain the Antarctic phenomena, and it may be related to warmer air temperatures... http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/04/130401-global-warming-antarctica-sea-ice-science-environment/

Do you think these hypotheses have merit? And what about glaciers: melting or growing? (I've read about one that is traveling quite fast, but again, the explanation theories have to do with increased lubrication due to melt water at it's base. So while it is traveling fast, it may not be growing and is instead thinning.)
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:27 pm

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398385650501.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1398385650501.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398385650501.jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Btw to answer the question for duck stank, sea level is increasing in many places, decreasing in many others. Tell your teacher to suck a fart and quit fishing for liberal agenda answers.

Wish I could, afraid for the grade though. I'll send an email stating the need for less bias information though after its all said and done!
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

And guys, as mentioned earlier any decreases in CO2 take a long, long time to show any results. Please consider this, do you and everyone you know care to chuck spears and wear animals again? Highly doubt it, so nothing will really change.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Gotcha. Well that's my final analysis on all this. To say the least, it got real in here
Don't leave. Sure we get in each others faces, but for the most part it's because we actually give a schidt. then there's Scaup. :grooving:
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Haha no not Cus I'm annoyed. It's my last week home with family before I deploy next week so I'm just busy. Didn't think it'd be this involved

Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Haha no not Cus I'm annoyed. It's my last week home with family before I deploy next week so I'm just busy. Didn't think it'd be this involved

The CI sucks you in and takes away your free will.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398389465.834634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398389465.834634.jpg (125.95 KiB) Viewed 181 times
go get the bird
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:04 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Gotcha. Well that's my final analysis on all this. To say the least, it got real in here
Don't leave. Sure we get in each others faces, but for the most part it's because we actually give a schidt. then there's Scaup. :grooving:

Stick around. I make regular efforts to beat the stupid out of people when they are being retards. Dude is to emotional to learn so I have to keep working that angle with him. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Bluesky2012 wrote:Haha no not Cus I'm annoyed. It's my last week home with family before I deploy next week so I'm just busy. Didn't think it'd be this involved

Be safe!
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 pm

The CI forum can get "real" in a hurry, Bluesky! I learned that one the hard way! Well, maybe didn't learn, but experienced it! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:57 am

Civil discussions in the CI are like Sasquatches.... There is always a possibility that they exist, but I've seen no proof... :hammer:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 am

Gunnysway wrote:Civil discussions in the CI are like Sasquatches.... There is always a possibility that they exist, but I've seen no proof... :hammer:

:clapping: :clapping: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Good stuff Gunny.

The reality, I think, is that if we were all face to face, we'd probably treat each other better (like I do with all my real world friends and acquaintances), but since this is the internet we (me in particular) tend to let it fly more so.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am

I would call someone an idiot to their face just as fast as I'd call them an idiot online, and often do so. I expect others to do the same, especially when I start actin a fool! :lol:
go get the bird
hunter

Postby huntmmup » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 am

Duck_Stank wrote:[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1398385650501.jpg[/attachment]

I hope you showed us this as a test and not because you really believe it. The 48% AMS number is completely false, and the 31,000 number is an online petition that anyone anywhere in the world can "sign". The AMS survey said this - but I know you take it with a grain of salt anyway because of course you know there is a vast difference between meterologists and climatologists

"A very large majority of respondents (89%) indicated that global warming is happening; in contrast few indicated it isn’t happening (4%), or that they “don’t know” (7%). Respondents who indicated that global warming is happening were asked their views about its primary causes; a large majority indicated that human activity (59%), or human activity and natural causes in more or less equal amounts (11%), were the primary causes. Relatively few respondents indicated that the warning is caused primarily by natural causes (6%), although a substantial minority (23%) indicated they don’t believe enough is yet know to determine the degree of human or natural causation."
huntmmup
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum