Limbaugh vs Colbert

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Limbaugh vs Colbert

Postby cartervj » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:00 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:"Vote for Me, Vote for me for revenge" Barry O........

Tell me how that jives with your view of the O man Jim. Just exactly who in America did Barry wrong? He is a millionaire, he never earned a single penny of it, he was spoon fed way past his competence level. Just exactly how did a half blood learn to hate whites so deeply? How did he become the man who did nothing, achieved nothing and is so narcissitic that he believes he can still run the free world effectively?

I am not competent to run this nation. The difference is that I know that as fact and won't try. Barry is not competent to run a 7-11 effectively much less a state or a nation. Yet he is not smart enough to know that.

he's too narcissistic to know anything, he is great as he has been told his entire life

the post turtle analogy stands :thumbsup:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:Breaking news, Rat.......no one who watches Stephen Colbert believes his shtick to be "breaking news". Conservatives really don't understand the difference between a "pundit" and a comedian, do they?

Glimmerjim, you are simply incorrect about how the left view leftist comedians. They do indeed view them as journalists, and that the news is being delivered in a satirical and condescending manner that they like.

I hear low information voters comment regularly about something they saw on Colbert, Maher, Stewart, SNL or something they read in the Onion. They quote them as news sources, so if you think the deep thinkers on the left know the difference, you are sorely mistaken.

Let’s not forget that Palin never said she could see Russia from her house, yet, if you ask any useful idiot wandering America in deep though, they will indeed tell you Palin said that. Then when you correct them, they will stick to their guns, admit that she did not say that, but that it is something she could have said. Their opinion was shaped by the leftist propagandists that you call comedians.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:Breaking news, Rat.......no one who watches Stephen Colbert believes his shtick to be "breaking news". Conservatives really don't understand the difference between a "pundit" and a comedian, do they?

Glimmerjim, you are simply incorrect about how the left view leftist comedians. They do indeed view them as journalists, and that the news is being delivered in a satirical and condescending manner that they like.

I hear low information voters comment regularly about something they saw on Colbert, Maher, Stewart, SNL or something they read in the Onion. They quote them as news sources, so if you think the deep thinkers on the left know the difference, you are sorely mistaken.

Let’s not forget that Palin never said she could see Russia from her house, yet, if you ask any useful idiot wandering America in deep though, they will indeed tell you Palin said that. Then when you correct them, they will stick to their guns, admit that she did not say that, but that it is something she could have said. Their opinion was shaped by the leftist propagandists that you call comedians.

You may be right, RC, with the people that only watch/read that type of news. While I get a kick out of Jon Stewart and S Colbert, I certainly don't consider them as journalists of any credibility, nor do I think that they consider themselves as such. Jon Stewart DID chew up and spit out Kathleen Sebelius the other day, though.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 am

Rat Creek wrote:

Do they satirize news? Yes. Are they news? No. It's COMEDY CENTRAL! They do not hold themselves out as news outlets. Fox cannot say the same thing.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:11 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:Rush would make a much better President than Obama.

Oh Lord in Heaven please tell me those words did not actually from someone's mind! If so, I had better go back and re-evaluate my take on Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunnies because, truly, everything is possible!

they'd too be much better than Obama :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 am

dudejcb wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

Do they satirize news? Yes. Are they news? No. It's COMEDY CENTRAL! They do not hold themselves out as news outlets. Fox cannot say the same thing.

the young voters do indeed view Colbert and Stewart as newsworthy

can you sleep at night, that Fox and Koch bros really got you in a hissy :crying: :crying: :crying:
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:16 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

You may be right, RC, with the people that only watch/read that type of news. While I get a kick out of Jon Stewart and S Colbert, I certainly don't consider them as journalists of any credibility, nor do I think that they consider themselves as such. Jon Stewart DID chew up and spit out Kathleen Sebelius the other day, though.

finally someone from the left goes after an Obama administrator :thumbsup:
It's a sad reflection on the MSM that it TOOK a comedian to do so, and now Maher does so as well.
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 am

dudejcb wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:

How many morons on the left think Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house?"
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Morons are like a$$holes (and sometimes,no quite often, they're one and the same) in that they are everywhere. So, what was your point?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:24 pm

dudejcb wrote:Morons are like a$$holes (and sometimes,no quite often, they're one and the same) in that they are everywhere. So, what was your point?

That there are plenty of low information voters on the left, which you agree with. So it is totally irrelevant whether or not they are holding themselves out as new networks or not.

Of course, some people are too stupid to know the difference between the news department and opinion talks shows that talk about news related topics. Does a newspaper cease to be a news paper if it has a large opinion section? Nope. neither does a news channel :thumbsup:

It's when the opinion runs into the straight news that there is and should be an issue. An impossible task for people with opinions as we all are. That's why my dream news paper, channel, etc. would have open partisans from across the spectrum following what they want with the others there as fact checkers to keep them honest. If you don't know their personal biases, how can you trust them?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:19 pm

I will postulate that there are more "low-information" voters on the R side than the D side. Take a look at the HOR (HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES) they have low information R legislators! :beer:

Can U say Ted Cruz? Michelle Bachman?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:I will postulate that there are more "low-information" voters on the R side than the D side. Take a look at the HOR (HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES) they have low information R legislators! :beer:

Pfffff, you ever hear them talk about islands tipping over or claim that our country is 400 years old and is made up of 57 states?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:47 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:I will postulate that there are more "low-information" voters on the R side than the D side. Take a look at the HOR (HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES) they have low information R legislators! :beer:

Pfffff, you ever hear them talk about islands tipping over or claim that our country is 400 years old and is made up of 57 states?

he has selective reading and listening skills :lol3:
Howard stern had a field day with those bright liberals :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
cartervj
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:01 pm

I would bet the opposite. The dems have a lock on the the lower income bracket, look it up. And if you think the lower income voters are googling to verify MSM talking points you have a screw loose.

Bachman and Cruz are more the result of partisanship than low information. I'll see a Bachman and raise you a Pelosi!

They all got a screw loose but keep getting elected.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm

A Cruz and Bachman White House would be far superior to the Hussein and Bite Me mess, and it would not even be close. And no one is claiming Cruz and Bachman are the top of the class as opposed to well, Hussein and Bite Me. Everyone knows he is The One. Heck, it gives me a tingle up my leg just to hear read a teleprompter. :rolleyes:

Swerving back to Limbaugh, I think those on the left would be shocked if they ever listened to Rush, rather than listening to what those on the left feed them. Rush is much harder on the establishment republicans than the MSM is and that is because Rush knows the blue blood, country club class are in bed with the democrats/MSM on most issues. McCain and Graham are shining examples. Rush is not a republican, but a conservative through and through. Liberals often confuse those as one and the same, and you cannot be more wrong. I think that is because libs cannot imagine not voting a straight ticket.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Secretary Kerry is showing his true brilliance, even some of the Dems are upset. :welcome:

I'm beginning to think they are a bunch of Losers with no clue.

Exclusive: Kerry Warns Israel Could Become ‘An Apartheid State’
The secretary of state said that if Israel doesn’t make peace soon, it could become ‘an apartheid state,’ like the old South Africa. Jewish leaders are fuming over the comparison.

Their disclosure coincided with Holocaust remembrance day in Israel, when the country’s leaders mark the deaths of six million Jews at the hands of the Nazis in the Second World War.
cartervj
hunter

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Rat Creek wrote:A Cruz and Bachman White House would be far superior to the Hussein and Bite Me mess, and it would not even be close. And no one is claiming Cruz and Bachman are the top of the class as opposed to well, Hussein and Bite Me. Everyone knows he is The One. Heck, it gives me a tingle up my leg just to hear read a teleprompter. :rolleyes:

Swerving back to Limbaugh, I think those on the left would be shocked if they ever listened to Rush, rather than listening to what those on the left feed them. Rush is much harder on the establishment republicans than the MSM is and that is because Rush knows the blue blood, country club class are in bed with the democrats/MSM on most issues. McCain and Graham are shining examples. Rush is not a republican, but a conservative through and through. Liberals often confuse those as one and the same, and you cannot be more wrong. I think that is because libs cannot imagine not voting a straight ticket.

Cruz, Bachman really, a couple of the biggest d-bags I've ever heard from. How about doing a search for all time stupid statements they have made. Next time Ted gets up I would rather hear "the little engine that could or maybe Snow White".

I listened to Rush and Hannity right after on the radio every day for many years. They changed from going to a spokesperson to all the people to spokesman for the rich and powerful. They switched me to the left without having to hear from the left.
May the wind be always at your back
CJ
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 am

CJ wrote: I listened to Rush and Hannity right after on the radio every day for many years. They changed from going to a spokesperson to all the people to spokesman for the rich and powerful. They switched me to the left without having to hear from the left.

Really? I think its the other way around. Both of them used to be big time Mr. "Establishment" Republican. Anymore, they both like going after guys like McCain about as much as they like going after Obama.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ohio mike » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:29 am

Dumb & Dumber
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:53 am

CJ wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:A Cruz and Bachman White House would be far superior to the Hussein and Bite Me mess, and it would not even be close. And no one is claiming Cruz and Bachman are the top of the class as opposed to well, Hussein and Bite Me. Everyone knows he is The One. Heck, it gives me a tingle up my leg just to hear read a teleprompter. :rolleyes:

Cruz, Bachman really, a couple of the biggest d-bags I've ever heard from. How about doing a search for all time stupid statements they have made. Next time Ted gets up I would rather hear "the little engine that could or maybe Snow White".

I listened to Rush and Hannity right after on the radio every day for many years. They changed from going to a spokesperson to all the people to spokesman for the rich and powerful. They switched me to the left without having to hear from the left.

This is a big part of the problem. You see and hear what you want to here. Just about anybody would be far superior to to the ill-prepared Obama administration. He has set the bar that low. I'm fairly certain that you would be far superior. Again, that is not because I think you would make a great President. I do not. Obama and his administration have been that bad.

I can't think of any reason, save one, as to why the Democrats chose this inexperienced, unqualified, unaccomplished person to be their candidate. Bill Richardson was about as qualified as you get. Compared to Obama, even Hillary looked like a seasoned veteran. George Washington's wife was neither ready to be President nor Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army.

While I agree, both would be far superior, neither is ready. However, if we use Obama as the standard for minimum qualifications, they both are.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:59 am

CJ wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:And no one is claiming Cruz and Bachman are the top of the class.

Cruz, Bachman really, a couple of the biggest d-bags I've ever heard from.

The point was that almost anyone would be an upgrade after the ultimate amateur hour (half decade) we have had at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Every day is more corruption, more screw ups, more blaming, more dividing and more spending. :no:

And as of this morning. John Heinz-Kerry is trying to say that he meant the exact opposite of what he actually said. :huh: You know when your own staffers are recording your stupid statements that even these partisans know you are a fool. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby agengo02 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:22 pm

So people still care what Limbaugh has to say? Remember not that long ago when he was "the voice of the Republican party".

It's a sad day when people give Rush Limbaugh any respect/credit at all. He is a waste of space.

Colbert will do great in his new role. He will bring a much younger audience and a fresh spin for a show that has gotten pretty stale.

:beer:
agengo02
hunter

Postby CJ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Rat Creek wrote:
CJ wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:And no one is claiming Cruz and Bachman are the top of the class.

Cruz, Bachman really, a couple of the biggest d-bags I've ever heard from.

The point was that almost anyone would be an upgrade after the ultimate amateur hour (half decade) we have had at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Every day is more corruption, more screw ups, more blaming, more dividing and more spending. :no:

And as of this morning. John Heinz-Kerry is trying to say that he meant the exact opposite of what he actually said. :huh: You know when your own staffers are recording your stupid statements that even these partisans know you are a fool. :no:

I really don't think Romney would have been better, everything I have seen and read over my last 60yrs. Is that dems are for the middle class while repubs are for big business. That being said, I think dems and repubs are the same (lie through your teeth till I get elected). What would Romney have done to make this a better country for all? Do not get me wrong, big business supplies jobs and I'm all for that, the way they gouge the middle class is BS while they make their billions
May the wind be always at your back
CJ
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 pm

CJ wrote:Is that dems are for the middle class while repubs are for big business.

Wrong! Dems and Repubs are primarily for the same thing. Themselves.

Does the party of the poor flourish when there are more or less poor people? Do they have a vested interest in doing everything they can do end poverty?

Does the party of the prosperous flourish when there are more or less prosperous people? Do they have a vested interest in spreading poverty or prosperity?

Why do you think cities like Detroit, Chicago, DC, etc. after GENERATIONS of democrat control have so much poverty? Why do the middle class disproportionately flee to the Republican areas outside the city?

What do the results on the ground tell you? Politicians lie, so don't believe what they tell you. Judge by the results and the results are clear that the Democrats are either too Image stupid or they are intentionally keeping people poor to hold their lock on those voting blocks.

That doesn't make Republicans right, but the answer to your question

CJ wrote:What would Romney have done to make this a better country for all?
LESS!

That's the prime reason they are better. They do less stupid $hit.

CJ wrote: Do not get me wrong, big business supplies jobs and I'm all for that, the way they gouge the middle class is BS while they make their billions
You don't seem to grasp the difference between supporting free markets and supporting big businesses. Small and medium businesses benefit from freedom because they lack power. Big businesses benefit from controlled markets. When you are at the top, change is not good, is it? Do you want to be too big to fail?

There is no such thing as gouging in a free market. It is not sustainable. Competition will simply undercut you and all the pissed off customers that you were gouging will happily jump ship. Only when competition does not exist can this happen. Teacher's unions for example gouge the hell out of middle class tax payers in many districts because they can use their monopoly power to profit far beyond free market levels. Governments giving this kind of power to shareholders or union members gouges average Americans and it all needs to stop. Selective support for price gouging is wrong.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:12 pm

For starters he would have run the nation with a full understanding of leadership, responsibilities, and the demands of a successful leader. He ran multimillion dollar companies and was a Governor. Like him or not he was and is emminently more qualified to be president that Obama. He had alread enacted and pushed through socialized medicine in his own state. He would and could have handled Romney Care far better than the Obamabots have. Etc...... There is not one single thing Obama could have or has done that would not have been done better by someone else. Romney or otherwise.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum