What Qualifies Hillary???

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

What Qualifies Hillary???

Postby nitram » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 pm

The panel of pundits on MSNBC's “Morning Joe” considered the question of the 2016 presidential election: What makes Hillary Clinton the most qualified person to be president? As the panel discussed Hillary's looming candidacy, conservative pundit Bill Kristol asked them all to articulate in one sentence what makes her more qualified than other female Democrats “that made it on their own.” The panel laughed off the question at first, but then none of them could really answer it. About all Chuck Todd could come up with in response was that Hillary traveled a lot and has a book coming out. They might as well have said, a la Nancy Pelosi, “We'll have to elect her president to find out what makes her qualified.”
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: What Qualifies Hillary???

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm

All joking aside, her only qualification is her ability to go to war against the women who have had affairs with her husband. There really are no other real qualifications unless you throw in the first and only attempt cattle futures and real estate ventures (white water) for which they had no money out of pocket. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby huntmmup » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Being a pretty big fan of Hillary, I have to leave this here:

-Wellesely College undergrad in political science, delivered commencement
address
-Served as president of Wellesley Young Republicans (yes, Republican)
-Yale Law School grad
-Coufounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
-As chair of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp, expanded
from $90 to $300 million
-First woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law Firm
-Made 1000% return trading catlle futures contracts (nod to Romney)
-Twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential
lawyers in America
-Sat on corporate board of directors of TCBY, Wal-Mart, and Lafarge
-First female member of Wal-Mart’s board
-Two term senator, winning 67% of the vote in her reelection
-Secretary of State (confirmed by a 16 - 1 vote), end of term 65% approval
rating

Hardly "no qualifications"
huntmmup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Are you well educated and financially successful person who used to go by the name of dhunt?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Gj325 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:54 pm

huntmmup wrote:Being a pretty big fan of Hillary, I have to leave this here:

address
-Yale Law School grad
from $90 to $300 million
lawyers in America
rating

Ok so she is a smart crooked lawyer who swindled her way to wealth. Leaving scores of people close or tied to her dead from sudden unexplained illness killed themselves or ran off road down a mountain side to there death.

Heck yea She is more than qualified. But even at that she is still more qualified that what we have now.
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter

Postby huntmmup » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 am

Huh? I have no clue what you guys are saying here
huntmmup
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am

While hardly a fan of most Democrat politicians, especially Hillary, I will say that most of what are considered “qualifications” for politicians are what I consider negatives. The Founding Fathers would have been dismayed at the preponderance of career politicians in recent generations.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:37 am

RustyGunz1960 wrote:While hardly a fan of most Democrat politicians, especially Hillary, I will say that most of what are considered “qualifications” for politicians are what I consider negatives. The Founding Fathers would have been dismayed at the preponderance of career politicians in recent generations.

Many of the founders were essentially career politicians. Not in the manner we think of them today, but to some extent its a distinction without a difference. Many started as lawyers and moved to politics thereafter. It's nothing new.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 am

address
-Yale Law School grad
from $90 to $300 million
lawyers in America
rating

The only qualification I see in there is the two terms as a Senator. Based on her corrupt background and the number of deaths surrounding her I would say she is qualified to sit in a jail cell until dead. She is not qualified in any way to be president of the womens club, much less the nation.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby On the X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:38 pm

[b]Just what is it that makes you a pretty big fan? The list you compiled below? While the list could show merit for being a fan to some, it hardly qualifies one to be POTUS
[/b]
address
-Yale Law School grad
from $90 to $300 million
lawyers in America
rating

On the X
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 pm

huntmmup wrote:Huh? I have no clue what you guys are saying here

You heard it here first, folks.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:16 pm

the only required qualifications to be POTUS are being a US citizen and being at least 35 years old, if I remember correctly.

the fact that most of you don't like her is not germane (i.e., has no bearing on the issue whatsoever). Neither is accusing her of murder ... Scaup. But since we've gone down this rabbit hole a bit maybe you haters can answer this: what were GW's qualifications that made you vote for him ... twice?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

For starters, Governor of the state with the 2nd largest economy in the United States. And secondly, although not to be construed as any less important, he was running against your demagogue, Albert "the sky is falling" D-Bag Gore. After 8 years of Bill AND Hill's pimping of the Whitehouse, he was a breath of fresh air. Had the press given him the latitude appointed the Clintons and the current occupant of 1600 Penn, you wouldn't have to ask. But alas, the facts are irrelevant.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 pm

nitram wrote:For starters, Governor of the state with the 2nd largest economy in the United States. And secondly, although not to be construed as any less important, he was running against your demagogue, Albert "the sky is falling" D-Bag Gore. After 8 years of Bill AND Hill's pimping of the Whitehouse, he was a breath of fresh air. Had the press given him the latitude appointed the Clintons and the current occupant of 1600 Penn, you wouldn't have to ask. But alas, the facts are irrelevant.

He also supported the same FED policies as Obama, gave us NCLB, and was good with budgets that allowed him to spend like a drunken sailor on leave. I think he had a truer moral compass, but even with his "qualifications" he did his part to enslave me and any children I have in a mountain of debt.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Not denying what happened post-election Beretta, but he was more qualified than she is, by far. Seriously, did you really want John F'-ing Kerry in '04? He's the only one (Biden included) I see being less qualified than she is.
nitram
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 pm

nitram wrote:Not denying what happened post-election Beretta, but he was more qualified than she is, by far. Seriously, did you really want John F'-ing Kerry in '04? He's the only one (Biden included) I see being less qualified than she is.

I don't think there would have been a substantial difference between the large scale impact on the country if it was Kerry instead of Bush, with the exception of the resulting SCOTUS nominees. Even The FED and big banks are enslaving our ignorant nation with cheap credit. Kerry would have done no different.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 pm

nitram wrote:For starters, Governor of the state with the 2nd largest economy in the United States. And secondly, although not to be construed as any less important, he was running against your demagogue, Albert "the sky is falling" D-Bag Gore. After 8 years of Bill AND Hill's pimping of the Whitehouse, he was a breath of fresh air. Had the press given him the latitude appointed the Clintons and the current occupant of 1600 Penn, you wouldn't have to ask. But alas, the facts are irrelevant.
Spare me. On both counts he was a lightweight who had a heavyweight dad with heavyweight friends who saw him a the perfect puppet to move their agenda forward.

Did you see his paintings?

BTW: White House is two words; One is a noun, the other an adjective. Put them together and you have gibberish; much like that post.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

You ok tonight Dude? You're really on a role?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby nitram » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Do you really want to get into a spelling/grammatical contest?
nitram
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 am

dudejcb wrote:the only required qualifications to be POTUS are being a US citizen and being at least 35 years old, if I remember correctly.
And in that regard I will agree Hillary is just as qualified as most of the panhandlers I just saw on the strip.

Only a liberal can think that arguing a 35 year old American-born crack addict is qualified to be President as a way to argue that Hillary is qualified and think that doesn't suggest that they know in their heart that she is not.

dudejcb wrote:But since we've gone down this rabbit hole a bit maybe you haters can answer this: what were GW's qualifications that made you vote for him ... twice?

Governor is a big deal. I worry that the Republicans will forget that a lot of the popular figures are not qualified to be President because of a serious lack of success as an executive and Governor is hard to beat as a proving ground.

Prior to that, I agree he had a pretty thin resume for what we should really expect of a President. However, by most any measure, he had passed the test of being a Governor that had done a decent job.

For the sake of argument, let's say Bush was unqualified. That does not make Hillary qualified, does it? :no:

Obama skipped that big step and that is why he has failed so badly in managing his administration. Hillary is only marginally better prepared. This is why I don't like Condeleeza Rice running for President. Governor first!!!! We have got to stop betting the damn farm on unproven people, unproven policies. Hope is not a rational way to make decisions. It is a childish way to do that.

Bill Clinton was qualified for the day to day job of being President and didn't do a terrible job at it. Bush too was qualified and didn't do a bad job at the day to day responsibilities, although he needed to clean house more when he came in like the Clintons did. Obama just can't cut it on the day to day job of being President and would have probably failed as Governor because he seems to lack the skill set necessary for that part of the job. Hillary, who knows? And that is why you don't gamble. Show what you got as a Governor. This isn't the small government of the early 20th century and earlier.

The size of the federal government today is around 40,000 times larger than it was. That's the difference between running Walmart and running a business with about 50 employees. The skill set to run such a massive organization is not the same as it was to run it 100 or more years ago. There are very few people that can do this and they cannot learn it on the job and I sure as hell don't want to rely on hope any more than is necessary.

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

beretta24 wrote:I don't think there would have been a substantial difference between the large scale impact on the country if it was Kerry instead of Bush, with the exception of the resulting SCOTUS nominees. Even The FED and big banks are enslaving our ignorant nation with cheap credit. Kerry would have done no different.
I don't think Kerry would've falsified evidence about "a mushroom cloud" and "yellow cake" as a pretext to invade Iraq ... which, by the way, is where the bulk of our deficit problems originated.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:54 pm

nitram wrote:Do you really want to get into a spelling/grammatical contest?

Sure. I spell well and know grammar. My weaknesses are typing and editing my own work.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby nitram » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm

All-Righty Then
nitram
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:12 pm

dudejcb wrote:
beretta24 wrote:I don't think there would have been a substantial difference between the large scale impact on the country if it was Kerry instead of Bush, with the exception of the resulting SCOTUS nominees. Even The FED and big banks are enslaving our ignorant nation with cheap credit. Kerry would have done no different.
I don't think Kerry would've falsified evidence about "a mushroom cloud" and "yellow cake" as a pretext to invade Iraq ... which, by the way, is where the bulk of our deficit problems originated.

Our deficit problem started back in 70s/80s. That's when we started steadily increasing our debt at a higher rate than the GDP. It just became more evident in the last couple decades because we've gotten to the steep part of the exponential curve. And guess what, we're taking on debt faster than GDP growth again with no signs of stopping, thanks again to cheap credit. We're being enslaved, and Obama is just as guilty as Bush.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:15 pm

I know Reagan ran up the deficit, but I thought it was pretty well under control (manageable) by the time Clinton left office.
dudejcb
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum