Hillary as Presidential candidate

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Hillary as Presidential candidate

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Everyone seems convinced that Hillary Clinton is the obvious choice to be the Democratic candidate for the 2016 Presidential election. I am willing to bet even money, or bragging rights, or any other mutually agreeable wager, that she wil NOT be the Dem Candidate, and that I can predict right now who will be. Mitigated, of course, by some act of nature such as a catastrophic failure in health, accident, etc. I won't reveal my choice initially, except with say a trustworthy forum mod such as Inda in a pm. But you will hear it here first! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Re: Hillary as Presidential candidate

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Please, please, please, pleeeeeeaase say its going to be Joe Biden. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:09 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Please, please, please, pleeeeeeaase say its going to be Joe Biden. :lol3:

There is more chance of winning the lottery tonight with consecutive numbers than Joe Biden being a Presidential candidate. The person I am thinking of had a very similar life situation, in one respect, to Mitt Romney.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Hmmmm. Failed past presidential run? Lots of money? John Kerry?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:42 am

clampdaddy wrote: Lots of money?

Difference is one earned it, and one married it.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:37 am

We need a real reset.

No Bush's, no Clinton's. Nobody that does not have significant executive experience.

Although, no matter what it won't be Obama, so the odds of not improving at least a little are extremely low.

I'm not convinced it won't be Hillary. Would I put the odds at better than 50/50? That's probably about what I would put it at making your even money wager a wash. If you are so certain, give me 2 to 1, my $20 against your $40 and I'll take it. It's a win win bet for me. God forbid if Hillary gets the nomination, I win $40. If Hillary does not, I'll be very very happy to lose the $20 :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 am

SpinnerMan wrote:We need a real reset.

No Bush's, no Clinton's. Nobody that does not have significant executive experience.

Although, no matter what it won't be Obama, so the odds of not improving at least a little are extremely low.

I'm not convinced it won't be Hillary. Would I put the odds at better than 50/50? That's probably about what I would put it at making your even money wager a wash. If you are so certain, give me 2 to 1, my $20 against your $40 and I'll take it. It's a win win bet for me. God forbid if Hillary gets the nomination, I win $40. If Hillary does not, I'll be very very happy to lose the $20 :yes:

:lol3: I am really not as certain as I sound. Just speculation, but it makes sense to me. Hillary....no. Unless enough people simply put Bill's face on her thinking that he would be pulling strings behind her. He, in my opinion, would be the make or break factor in her election, which opens up another wildly speculative idea.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:18 pm

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I think Glimmerjim is correct that Hilary will not survive the primary season. No question the mainstream have Clinton fatigue, but I even hear some on the left worrying about Hilary. I think they would love to worship her as the next lefty God, but their concern seems to be that she cannot win in the general. It can never be said in public, but I think women see her as pathetic for riding her sexual predator husband’s coattails for everything she has. She has accomplished nothing positive on her own. That is tough to get behind. :no:

And how soon we forget. In 2008, Hilary was supposed to win going away and some unknown, inexperienced nobody who happened to be half black, came out of nowhere and won on a two part platform (1) he was half black and (2) Hope and Change. If that can take down Hilary and the Clinton machine, then she will be even more vulnerable this time now that she has a track record and it is pathetic. :sad:

As shallow and racists as many on the left are, I am predicting the ultimate winner of the dem primary will again win on race, this time Hispanic. Qualifications will not matter…again. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby nitram » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 pm

She'll have the money Jim and I'm unaware of anyone coming out of Chicago. She has zero qualifications but we all know that's immaterial. The libs owe her after the way she was hosed by the BHO machine.....
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 pm

nitram wrote:She'll have the money Jim and I'm unaware of anyone coming out of Chicago. She has zero qualifications but we all know that's immaterial. The libs owe her after the way she was hosed by the BHO machine.....

I always just make my predictions on what I perceive as the psychological state of the constituency. Obama has a hard row to hoe to come out of this with a positive perception. Just like a boxing match, however, unless there is a KO there is no winnner until the 15th round. Obama has been pretty adept at avoiding the haymakers, but obviously he's way behind on points. Even without the obvious criticisms, deserved or not, at Hillary during her Sec of State tenure, I think she will suffer from "guilt by association" from the Obama administration. If the public perception of the economic and national security issues do not begin a change from their current status, even the most-die hard liberals/democrats are going to be wanting a change. And there is someone out there who, if the aspiration is there, and things work out in another, current venue, will be a shoo-in.
Just my .02 cents, and at that rate it's probably way over-priced! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:26 am

nitram wrote:She'll have the money Jim and I'm unaware of anyone coming out of Chicago. She has zero qualifications but we all know that's immaterial. The libs owe her after the way she was hosed by the BHO machine.....

And if she does decide to run, she will destroy every Democrat candidate and not tolerate any unqualified upstarts to surprise her again. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:23 am

SpinnerMan wrote:

And if she does decide to run, she will destroy every Democrat candidate and not tolerate any unqualified upstarts to surprise her again. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

:lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:01 pm

The Republicans will run a retard. Whoever the Democrats run will win. They could run a cardboard box and the Republican nominee will say something construably racist in the first two weeks and the box will win.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:20 pm

WTN10 wrote:The Republicans will run a retard. Whoever the Democrats run will win. They could run a cardboard box and the Republican nominee will say something construably racist OR EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID in the first two weeks and the box will win.

I whole heartedly agree, with the above change, unless we go into the next widely recognized recession between now and then.

The ACA will be rolled in slow enough that it won't be a significant factor.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby huntmmup » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

As my first post, I’d love to point out…she has more qualifications than
most:

-Wellesely College undergrad in political science, delivered commencement
address
-Served as president of Wellesley Young Republicans (yes, Republican)
-Yale Law School grad
-Coufounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
-As chair of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp, expanded
from $90 to $300 million
-First woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law Firm
-Made 1000% return trading catlle futures contracts (nod to Romney)
-Twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential
lawyers in America
-Sat on corporate board of directors of TCBY, Wal-Mart, and Lafarge
-First female member of Wal-Mart’s board
-Two term senator, winning 67% of the vote in her reelection
-Secretary of State (confirmed by a 16 - 1 vote), end of term 65% approval
rating

Having left many things off this list, I’m not sure how she “has no
qualifications”
huntmmup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 pm

I agree with you to an extent (more qualifications than Obama for sure), but half of what you listed are hardly qualifications. You back whistling wings?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby huntmmup » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:57 pm

I'm not sure how half of those aren't qualifications, if you mean things like gave commencement address, that would be a resume item that shows she is a leader (she got a 7 minute standing ovation, if I recall the wikipedia article right). Not sure what "do I back wistling wings?" means but if it's do I duck hunt, yessir! Washington/Columbia river basin
huntmmup
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:23 pm

To be qualified, I think you only need be a US natural born citizen, and be 35 years old, so yes Hillary is qualified. I myself would prefer a much less political figure that hasn't spent their entire life in pursuit of the White House. Hillary's list would not be complete though without adding in that she was a key player in screwing the elderly out of their life savings, lying in the investigations of travel gate, file gate, and Monica gate, making a fool of herself and the country over Benghazi and then playing the victim; yes, I'm afraid Hillary is well qualified to be President.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:30 pm

huntmmup wrote:-First woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law Firm

And they burned her chair when she left.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Gj325 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:08 pm

WTN10 wrote:

And they burned her chair when she left.

They made her partner because of who she was not for what she was.

She will run and she will win the Dem Nomination she will beat most Rep candidates unless the Rep take over house and Senate and the country makes a leap and bound direction for the good but since King Obama has his pen he will still do enough to keep us in downward spiral. God help us if a Conservative judge dies before 2016. There will be no hope then.
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter

Postby On the X » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:30 pm

huntmmup wrote:-Two term senator, winning 67% of the vote in her reelection
It was New York, they could have run the Clintons dog. (remember the Clintons getting their 1st dog after moving into the WH because it was considered that there had to be a 1st dog in every WH) 67% is completely irrelevant to this debate taking NY into account.

rating

65% approval rating by who? The voters of this country? This country has the lowest percent of informed voters in history so 65% is once again irrelevant. What is relevant is her performance as SS (no pun intended but could be taken as one) which was less than stellar.
Having left many things off this list, I’m not sure how she “has no
qualifications”

You have left nothing off this list, but I will say this, as a voter who leans way right of center......I sure wish you dems would have nominated her in '08 instead of the utter catastrophe you elected the last two times.
On the X
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 pm

huntmmup wrote:As my first post, I’d love to point out…she has more qualifications than
most:

address
-Yale Law School grad

These are idiotic as qualification for President. If what you did in college is brought up in regards to qualifications to be President of the United States, that is a big red flag that the resume is extremely thin.

So doing something that is routine for a man makes her better than all the other men running that have done more? :huh:

huntmmup wrote:-Made 1000% return trading catlle futures contracts (nod to Romney)

This was either corruption or recklessness since she put her much of her families net worth at risk. If there was no risk, it was because it was a corrupt deal where someone else got ripped off. If it was skill, why did she stop? :huh:

This is another reason NOT to vote for her.

huntmmup wrote:-Twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential
lawyers in America
rating

All of these were positions given to her because she was married to the President. Normally this would be referred to as nepotism.

The question is what did she do in those positions. What where here accomplishments as Secretary of State beyond a lot of frequent flier miles. How's that Russian reset going? Miley Cyrus is popular, but she is not presidential material.

If she wants to be President, go be Governor for 8 years or so and then if the state is well run, then try to be President. There are a lot of Democrat governors vastly more qualified than she is. People who have actually accomplished things and didn't doing it because they were married to power.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am

Hey Spin, "What difference does it make"? lol
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 am

nitram wrote:Hey Spin, "What difference does it make"? lol

I'm just fed up that we have so dumbed down the office of President.

Hillary Clinton, without the Clinton, would be someone nobody ever heard of.

Being the first woman at a corrupt law firm, sure that kind of stuff makes your parents proud. It doesn't separate you from huge numbers of other people. It's not like she was Jackie Robinson getting death threats risking, literally risking his life to break the color barrier, but that is the kind of silliness her defenders want to pretend. She was married to an up and coming politician and probably got the job for the same reason Michelle Obama got her $300k/yr no show job.

She is part of a political machine, a corrupt political machine that uses that power for their personal benefit. Like corrupt cattle future deals, corrupt land deals, etc. Just like the Obamas.

At this point, it may make no difference because people simple accept that the political machines and corruption are how our system works and they simply do not care about all the corruption at Rose Law firm, the cattle futures, corrupt land deals, etc. The Clintons are obsessed with money and power, especially Hillary. She is the kind of person you want as far away from power as you can keep her.

Of course, you can run through the long, long, long, long list of corrupt and suspicious activities of these people and there defenders will by they Clinton story every time that they were not corrupt, they were just totally clueless. And being clueless about what is going on around you, isn't that truly what you want in a President.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 am

huntmmup wrote:As my first post, I’d love to point out…she has more qualifications than
most:

address
Not a Qualification

Not a Qualification

-Yale Law School grad
Not a Qualification

-Coufounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
-As chair of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp, expanded
from $90 to $300 million
Political organization, make not mistake about it. Also, charitable groups allow politicians to meet without violating sunshine meeting laws. Do not be naive.

-First woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law Firm
First person to be married to a corrupt Governor to be given a no show job at the firm. That is the actual accomplishment.

-Made 1000% return trading catlle futures contracts (nod to Romney)
On her first and only attempt. Her only involvement was accepting the money. Why not do it again if it is so easy? Hmmm.

-Twice named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential
lawyers in America
She was indeed influential as she was married to a sexual predator in Governor and then President Clinton.

The perks of being married to a corrupt and powerful politician. Not an accomplishment.

The perks of being married to a corrupt and powerful politician. Not an accomplishment.

The democrat wife of Bill Clinton won in a state dominated by democrats. She did win even though she did not live there. Amazing accomplishment.

rating
This was again a political appointment to keep her out of the way. She had no accomplishments and only failures, so yes, she was appointed by a political hack president, but I cannot point to an accomplishment. Who gave her a 65% approval rating? CNN? Stephen Colbert?

Having left many things off this list, I’m not sure how she “has no qualifications”

You left off running the Clinton Family Money Laundering Foundation and her ability to destroy the lives of women her husband has either slept with or sexually assaulted. That last one is actually something she did accomplish on her own as she directed the activities.

True qualifications are she is married to Bill, leftist think she has eaten enough excrement sandwiches for the sexual predator husband and she has a D after her name. On second thought, she has two more qualification than the current hack.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum