Hillary as Presidential candidate

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Hillary as Presidential candidate

Postby huntmmup » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:46 am

Oh, so the only reason she has been successful is, she's married to a former president. I wonder why Laura Bush was never a top 100 influential lawyer, partner at a major law firm, sat on the boards of some of the largest (and the largest) companies in the US, Secretary of State, etc. :huh:

She has many qualifications, a lot of experience in national affairs, but just because you vote straight ticket Republican you can't admit it. Please please please put Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz on the Republican ticket, liberals will thank you!
huntmmup
hunter

Postby Nabs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:45 am

The biggest disqualification she has is the desire for power, no matter the cost.

When the Ends justify the means, buckle up for a rough ride.
Nabs
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

huntmmup wrote:Oh, so the only reason she has been successful is, she's married to a former president. I wonder why Laura Bush was never a top 100 influential lawyer, partner at a major law firm, sat on the boards of some of the largest (and the largest) companies in the US, Secretary of State, etc. :huh:

She has many qualifications, a lot of experience in national affairs, but just because you vote straight ticket Republican you can't admit it. Please please please put Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz on the Republican ticket, liberals will thank you!

Laura Bush never tried to get on corporate boards or ride her husband's coattails into anything. If she had an insatiable appetite for money and power, she could have done the same things as Hillary, and in fact, could have done a whole lot more of it, considering W was the third generation of politicians in that family.

Any politicians spouse can do what Hillary has done, and many have. It is one of the trappings if they do not resist it. Heck, the Mooch took a $100K+ no show job at the University of Chicago Hospital right after Obama became a state representative. Then after he was elected to the US Senate, magically, the Mooch was promoted to a $317K per year job at the same hospital, and still had no staff and no responsibilities. Her job? Community outreach. Whatever that is? Sound like Community organizer. Can't find someone like that for under a quarter of a million per year. :rolleyes:

Laura Bush went to college to become a teacher, which is what she did. Later she was a librarian. Her focus as first lady was literacy. In fact, she has a foundation focused on funding literacy programs for schools.

Though I know the mere mention of the Bush family elicits an irrational knee jerk reaction from useful idiots, you may have picked the wrong target in Laura Bush in trying to do a Hillary comparison. The two could not be more different.

And here is a news flash for the straight D voters, most conservatives do not vote for Rs. We vote for conservatives. That is why so many conservatives stayed home the last election when Romney was at the top of the ticket. It is also why Dems are so hard to defeat. They look for one qualification and it looks like this - D. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm not sure Hillary's health will hold up. If she does run, she will be formidable. The democrats will likely be facing a bigger headwind than they are now. We are due for an economic downturn. If one occurs in an election year, even Hillary may find it impossible to win. She will be facing the ACA, recession & a superior Republican field that hopefully has learned a thing or two over the last few years. What Hillary has going for her is that she's a woman, she has nostalgia and she will be facing a Republican party that hasn't shown much of a propensity to learn from its mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone 5, the worst phone ever.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby On the X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:57 pm

I guess after Obama even my list of accomplishments qualifies me to be President
On the X
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm

On the X wrote:I guess after Obama even my list of accomplishments qualifies me to be President

All joking aside, almost anyone is as qualified or more so than the current hack. He honestly brought zero experience or accomplishments to the job, and oh my has it shown.

If you selected any successful small business owner or a successful governor, you will have a professional who has actually run something and been responsible for the good, the bad and the ugly. Love them or hate them, it is why governors are usually more adept at the big job than a member of a mob...er...I mean congress. There are exceptions if you find the few renegades who do not just go with the flow like all the dems and all the establishment repubs like McCain. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 pm

huntmmup wrote:Oh, so the only reason she has been successful is, she's married to a former president. I wonder why Laura Bush was never a top 100 influential lawyer, partner at a major law firm, sat on the boards of some of the largest (and the largest) companies in the US, Secretary of State, etc. :huh:

Because she was not power hungry. If she was, she would have sat on boards, and could have been a powerful person by trading on the influence of her husband, her father-in-law, her brother-in-law, and all her connections :fingerhead:

Did she try? Not everybody has a lust for power. Those that do should be run out of office and preferably never given any power in the first place.

I guess you think this incredibly talented woman tolerated being married to a sexual predator because she just loved him so much that she couldn't live with out him? Why did she tolerate his never ending string of affairs?

She knows where her power comes from even if you do not.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:13 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

Because she was not power hungry. If she was, she would have sat on boards, and could have been a powerful person by trading on the influence of her husband, her father-in-law, her brother-in-law, and all her connections :fingerhead:

Did she try? Not everybody has a lust for power. Those that do should be run out of office and preferably never given any power in the first place.

I guess you think this incredibly talented woman tolerated being married to a sexual predator because she just loved him so much that she couldn't live with out him? Why did she tolerate his never ending string of affairs?

Has there ever been a politician that sought the presidency that didn't have a lust for power?

Sent from my iPhone 5, the worst phone ever.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Sammyshonker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

"I will say this about that" ...
Though i can not stand her, if she becomes the next President, she is not "quite" as terrifying as algore, jump'n joe bieden, or that idiot in the whitehouse at present... That's a fact- She still sucks though-
"Until then, I'm gonna fear God, love my neighbor, and kill ducks, and let the cards fall where they may..."
Phil Robertson
Sammyshonker
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Sammyshonker wrote:"I will say this about that" ...
Though i can not stand her, if she becomes the next President, she is not "quite" as terrifying as algore, jump'n joe bieden, or that idiot in the whitehouse at present... That's a fact- She still sucks though-

It will be just as bad if not worse, because the next pres will in all likelihood be picking 1-4 new justices.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Sammyshonker wrote:"I will say this about that" ...

Relax. 95 to 5 she's not going to be the leading Democratic primary contender. My thoughts....she keeps the other party busy vetting and slamming, and a little closer to the election we have a contender jump in that wil smoke her! Who that will be is my little secret! :wink:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 pm

vincentpa wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Has there ever been a politician that sought the presidency that didn't have a lust for power?

Lust for it. Yes. I would not describe most of them as having a lust for power.

I don't believe even Bill has a lust for power in the way Hillary does. His seems more to be in love with being popular and the center of attention and various other issues, but I would not describe it as a lust for power. Granted it is semantics, but the firing of the travel office, the collection of the FBI files, the living with a scumbag when clearly she could support herself and her child, the list is long and I'm tired. There is just something wrong with her and her desire for power in a way that I would describe as lust.

And if you include the serious candidates that lost, there are certainly many that I would not describe as lusting for power. However, there are not shortage of control freaks and those lusting for power. That is for sure.

I think the only common sense thing to do is to assume that they are and therefore take the appropriate actions to minimize the harm a power hungry President can do. Essentially, the exact opposite of everything modern liberals desire in there effort to consolidate all power into a few who they apparently think they will be able to control in perpetuity.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:29 pm

And now Hillary is adding grandmother to her long list of qualifications. :yes:

Is it just me or do others think the grandma thing is interesting. If Chelsea is indeed pregnant, you have to know they had a meeting to decide if the grandbaby would help or hurt her chances. Lucky for the kid, they have decided it helps at this point. Hope that does not change.

And because it is the Clintons, you have to wonder if Chelsea is actually pregnant, and if they are planning a sympathy miscarriage later. Or is an adoption in the offing and Chelsea will have make up artist keep making her look more and more pregnant until they can decide if it helps or hurts their chances.

I hate to be so skeptical of the Clintons, but we know nothing is beneath them. Heck, I thought town hall meetings were for people in the town until the Clintons started doing their invitation only town halls where hacks were given pre-printed slips of paper with questions to ask.

And poor Chelsea had to fly home from college everything Bill was caught again. She would have to walk around with him so that reporters would not ask embarrassing questions.

Everything about them is fake, so I cannot help wondering about this as well.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Rat Creek wrote:And now Hillary is adding grandmother to her long list of qualifications. :yes:

Is it just me or do others think the grandma thing is interesting. If Chelsea is indeed pregnant, you have to know they had a meeting to decide if the grandbaby would help or hurt her chances. Lucky for the kid, they have decided it helps at this point. Hope that does not change.

And because it is the Clintons, you have to wonder if Chelsea is actually pregnant, and if they are planning a sympathy miscarriage later. Or is an adoption in the offing and Chelsea will have make up artist keep making her look more and more pregnant until they can decide if it helps or hurts their chances.

I hate to be so skeptical of the Clintons, but we know nothing is beneath them. Heck, I thought town hall meetings were for people in the town until the Clintons started doing their invitation only town halls where hacks were given pre-printed slips of paper with questions to ask.

And poor Chelsea had to fly home from college everything Bill was caught again. She would have to walk around with him so that reporters would not ask embarrassing questions.

Everything about them is fake, so I cannot help wondering about this as well.

I was going to reply but nothing I could say will make you think anything different.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 pm

beretta24 wrote:I was going to reply but nothing I could say will make you think anything different.

I actually hope Chelsea is pregnant and that everything goes great for her and the baby.

However, experience tells us that if it involves the Clintons that a giant heaping portion of skepticism is in order.

Going back to troopergate, there are literally dozens and dozens of scandals that have been pushed aside or buried (literally) with the most recent being Benghazi.

When dealing with scum like this, it is healthy to assume the worst first, and you are likely correct.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum