Why does the USPS need Ammo?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Why does the USPS need Ammo?

Postby On the X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm

and as far as that goes, why does the Social Security Adms need 174,000 rounds of hollow point ammo?
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/USPS-a ... id/565541/
On the X
hunter

Re: Why does the USPS need Ammo?

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Just cuz! They have some armed staff that handles mail fraud, etc...... The real question is why do they need enough ammunition to fight a small war?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby On the X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:15 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Just cuz! They have some armed staff that handles mail fraud, etc...... The real question is why do they need enough ammunition to fight a small war?

and the SSA ? Why do they need all that ammo?
On the X
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I will admit that I am troubled by the fact that every office of the federal government seems to need its own police force. So if a robbery or other crime occurred in Tumbleweed, KS, they would deploy their own SWAT team in black helicopters rather than just call the Tumbleweed County sheriff?

Heck, who knew until the Nevada rancher thing that the Bureau of Land Management had an army that is larger than most countries' armies. What do these fine federal employees do the other 99.99% of their time on the payroll? Drive around the federal lands looking at nature's beauty? Practice shooting cut-outs of hard working Americans?
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Have you ever seen a pit bull go after a mail man? Mail carriers are required to carry mail in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods. You have the right to carry. Why can't the mail man?
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Rat Creek wrote:I will admit that I am troubled by the fact that every office of the federal government seems to need its own police force. So if a robbery or other crime occurred in Tumbleweed, KS, they would deploy their own SWAT team in black helicopters rather than just call the Tumbleweed County sheriff?

Heck, who knew until the Nevada rancher thing that the Bureau of Land Management had an army that is larger than most countries' armies. What do these fine federal employees do the other 99.99% of their time on the payroll? Drive around the federal lands looking at nature's beauty? Practice shooting cut-outs of hard working Americans?

that's what I'm struggling with :huh:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 am

go get the bird wrote:Have you ever seen a pit bull go after a mail man? Mail carriers are required to carry mail in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods. You have the right to carry. Why can't the mail man?

Because he's on the clock at a job that doesn't allow it. The the mail carriers armed in your town? Not in mine. Electric and gas meter readers also have to deal with mean dogs but they dont go into someones yard armed with anything but a stick with a tennis ball on the end, pepper spray, and a pocket full of dog treats.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I have no issue with any Federal, State, or Local employee carrying. It should not be part of their job unless they are a sworn LEO with the training to go with it. They want to carry they can. They also have to obey the laws and all applicable regulations for their area just like the rest of us.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Nabs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I have no issue with any Federal, State, or Local employee carrying. It should not be part of their job unless they are a sworn LEO with the training to go with it. They want to carry they can. They also have to obey the laws and all applicable regulations for their area just like the rest of us.

BINGO, they should be allowed to carry as a matter of personal protection, not as a law enforcement officer or any type of enforcement.
Nabs
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I have no issue with any Federal, State, or Local employee carrying. It should not be part of their job unless they are a sworn LEO with the training to go with it. They want to carry they can. They also have to obey the laws and all applicable regulations for their area just like the rest of us.

......but if they choose to carry, taxpayers should not be buying their ammo.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 pm

The usps bought it so that when King Obama makes it illegal to own ammo they can plant some in the appropriate mailboxes.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm not against them practicing their rights, it's the tactical teams that seem to be a part of most if not all Federal Service branches
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 pm

"When people fear the government, there is tyranny.” Today, thirty federal agencies with more that eighty-five thousand employees or contractors carry weapons. In comparison, the entire Canadian active-duty army has fewer members carrying arms than our federal government civilian agencies. If government claims for itself, the right to defend its property and people through the use of arms, then common sense tells us that the individual must also have that right.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Don't forget, Obama wanted a large Federal police force.
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm

cartervj wrote:Don't forget, Obama wanted a large Federal police force.

...brown shirts....remember?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohioboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 pm

nitram wrote:"When people fear the government, there is tyranny.” Today, thirty federal agencies with more that eighty-five thousand employees or contractors carry weapons. In comparison, the entire Canadian active-duty army has fewer members carrying arms than our federal government civilian agencies. If government claims for itself, the right to defend its property and people through the use of arms, then common sense tells us that the individual must also have that right.

they have about 10% of our population.

how many Canadians are packing that are paid by the crown?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:24 pm

cartervj wrote:Don't forget, Obama wanted a large Federal police force.

Yes, and stating it was not some faux pas. He said he wanted a national police force that was as large and as well funded as the entire military. That is scary stuff, but I think he may be achieving his wish with every agency having their own standing army.

And the useful idiots sit behind him clapping while having no idea what he is talking about. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:11 pm

C'mon guys. Just stop talking about it. Obama has the best of intentions, and he just wants to protect us. I can't turn a corner without seeing a post man. I feel much safer knowing he has a hip full of lead, ready to be pumped into some scumbag rifling through my mailbox.

:@:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum