It Is With Heavy Heart

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

It Is With Heavy Heart

Postby assateague » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am

I've decided to remove myself from DHC. I'll say that it has nothing to do with the folks here, many of whom I consider friends despite having never met you. Yes, even GJ :lol3: I know it's been hashed over here plenty in the last little while, but the new ownership is something I simply can't agree with. The fact that they are anti-hunting, and even go so far as to not acknowledge ownership of this site on their website, neither on the main page, nor via their site-specific search engine, speaks volumes. I'm not saying DHC isn't a great place to be. I'm not saying I want anyone else to do the same. It's just a personal decision for me. I don't want to support someone who is either ashamed or scared to admit that they own a hunting site, but aren't ashamed or scared to profit from it. In case you think I'm making it up, here's a couple screen shots from their own site, where you can't even find DHC. You can click on them so they're legible.

VS2.png

VS1.png

But the search engine does work, as any other searches will instantly link you to sites that Vertical Scope owns. But not this one.

VS3.png

VS4.png

But they most assuredly do own DHC, but don't want to admit it. And that's not my cup of tea.

VS5.png

I think it's no surprise from my post history here that the one thing which irks me more than anything else is hypocrisy. I do my best to not support organizations which are against what I believe or my way of life, and this has now become one. I don't want to help put money in their pockets in any way. I know, in this day and age it;s almost impossible to function if this type of thing is carried to the extreme, and that I probably do, in fact, put money in the pockets of just such organizations. That being said, when I find out that such is the case, I do what I can to stop it. And in this case, that means not participating here anymore. Just a drop in the bucket, I know, but like I said, it's a personal decision.

I'm going to miss an awful lot of you guys, having argued and gone back and forth over the last 5 years. Maybe if the current owners have an attack of principle and decide to sell something they cannot support (50/50™ they will :lol3: ), I'll be more than happy to drop back in. But until then, I'll catch everybody on the flip side.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: It Is With Heavy Heart

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46 am

I hear ya on the hypocrisy and not wanting to support it.

You will be missed.

Hope to chat with you soon.

Pm me your email or phone number if you would like. We still need to find a deal for a tomahawk head you like here sooner or later. That and I have a pintail decoy I need to mail you so you can use my personal mojo to finally hit one.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Adios Amigo!

But this is not farewell. I'll see you elsewhere.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Take care Assa, I understand and have debated the issue myself. Maybe we just need to start heckling them some and send a message. :)
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Take care Assa. I respect your decision and may follow suit. haven't been on the Refuge in a while. Do they have a CI forum?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:02 pm

beretta24 wrote:Take care Assa, I understand and have debated the issue myself. Maybe we just need to start heckling them some and send a message. :)

Assa has a point. Beretta, I think you hit it right on the head.

Seems like this is more appropriate for the HH, right? It has me thinking for sure.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm most saddened by the fact that we will never know if you shoot a pintail. :no:

Take it easy, AT. :beer:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 pm

I hate to see you go my friend. I guess I'm not up to speed on whats really going on with ownership. Let me/us know where you land (if you can) and maybe we can resume..... :beer:
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 pm

go get the bird wrote:I'm most saddened by the fact that we will never know if you shoot a pintail. :no:

Take it easy, AT. :beer:

If he kills one, we will find out about it. Book it.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Andy W » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:47 am

dudejcb wrote:Take care Assa. I respect your decision and may follow suit. haven't been on the Refuge in a while. Do they have a CI forum?

They have the Political Action Forum which is much like the CI here, however it is way over moderated. People with left or even moderate views don't last very long, they get banned. That's why I left, who wants to debate where everyone agrees with one another?

Things went downhill fast when Wing Supply bought the Refuge and a bunch from Texas started the Fowler Forum where almost anything goes. They do have a political forum, but it's not very active. Perhaps that could be changed. :thumbsup:

Take care Assa, we'll see you around.
Andy W
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:23 am

Say it's not true, AT! After all we've been through you just walk away, no letter, no phone call, no last candlelight dinner at "our spot"! :lol3: Seriously, though, I hope a way is found that makes it easier for you to participate. I always enjoyed the banter and I respect your opinions.
Take care, buddy! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum