TIME TO MOVE TO GEORGIA

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

TIME TO MOVE TO GEORGIA

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Georgia Governor Signs Unprecedented “Guns Everywhere” Bill: Carry at Schools, Churches and Government Buildings

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2014/04/24/time-to-move-to-georgia/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: TIME TO MOVE TO GEORGIA

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 pm

I would expect more states to follow suit
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 am

As a bartender, this would be awesome for me. I work in a small bar, off the beaten path, and frequently worry about being held at gunpoint. My box cutter won't stop bullets, but criminals would think twice if they had a .45 red-dotted to their forehead.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

For the low information voter, this is counter intuitive. They continue to follow the pied pipers who have them convinced that if good, lawful people are disarmed, the evil predators will just put their guns down. :bow:

Where there are good people, armed for defense, you have a very peaceful and law abiding environment. No doubt the crime rate in Georgia will be dropping. :thumbsup:

I have never lived a life of crime, but it would take a lot of courage to go into rob a place knowing that anyone and possibly everyone you encounter may be armed. You might as well try robbing a bar that is across the street from the NYC police department. :eek:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, but they will always hide the truth when a gun helps protect people.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/justice/michigan-driver-attack/index.html
He gave credit to a woman who stepped in as Utash was being attacked, CNN affiliate WDIV reported.
"Just her presence, offering aid to this gentleman, may have saved his life," Craig said.
That woman, Deborah Hughes, met Utash's son to talk about what happened.
"I went to your dad and he was unconscious. He wasn't doing anything," she said, WDIV reported. "I go over there and I say, 'Don't nobody else hit him. Don't put your hands on him. Leave him alone!' And everybody backed up and let me go to work on your dad," said Hughes, a retired nurse.

Why does CNN leave the impression that it was just her words that ran the kids off after this incredible act of bravery to protect a man she did not know.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx
Hughes later told a local media outlet, “I had a gun in my pocket, I was ready to do some damage if I had to.”

I heard that quote on the radio. :clapping:

What do they think happens if this woman doesn't have a gun? Most people with a gun don't have the courage to do what she did. Not many at all would without one.

One thing I had never thought about until a few years ago now. Women are the ones that have the most to benefit from carrying a gun. Without one, most women are totally helpless when it comes to most male attackers. Predators, human or animal, don't pick their targets based on who looks like they will give them a fair fight.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:17 am

My sis and her family moved out of the ritzy neighborhood near downtown. Home invasions was one of the factors. Their neighbors had been hit several times I guess being on the corner lot was a deterrent.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:10 am

cartervj wrote:My sis and her family moved out of the ritzy neighborhood near downtown. Home invasions was one of the factors. Their neighbors had been hit several times I guess being on the corner lot was a deterrent.

Seem to remember reading somewhere corner lots got hit at a higher rate.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby cartervj » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:20 pm

beretta24 wrote:
cartervj wrote:My sis and her family moved out of the ritzy neighborhood near downtown. Home invasions was one of the factors. Their neighbors had been hit several times I guess being on the corner lot was a deterrent.

Seem to remember reading somewhere corner lots got hit at a higher rate.

might be, not sure about any stats, just know it was getting to them when their next door neighbor got hit and several down one street

It was a busy intersection where they lived. My sis hates guns in the house, she had her hubby buy several for protection.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby huntmmup » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:59 am

I knew this would happen. Would not want my kids growing up there:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/ma ... gam/nfhJS/
huntmmup
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:20 am

Am I supposed to not exercise my constitutional rights because you're scared? What other rights should I give up? Should I not use my ability to speak simply because your afraid I might offend you? You must reside in a fairy tale, because that's the only place you make sense.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:28 am

huntmmup wrote:I knew this would happen. Would not want my kids growing up there:

That is still not legal.

"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing," said parent Karen Rabb.

Disturbing the peace or whatever the technical term and maybe even brandishing a weapon depending on the legal definition.

Clearly he violated the law, not gun laws, but other well established laws. However, did he hurt anyone? :no:

One moron like this is a small price to pay in exchange for all the piece of mind it gives to millions who are able to protect themselves as well as the literal protection guns provide when used to protect people as they are over and over again most times without a single shot fired and often without any police report filed. There's a reason you will not walk the streets in large parts of Chicago at night with a shirt proudly declare you are not and never will be armed and would feel much safer openly carrying a firearm if that is where you had to live or work, especially if you were a woman.

It's spring time in Chicago, and that means guns are popping everywhere.

http://time.com/71446/chicago-gun-violence-easter-weekend-45-people-shot/
At least nine people were killed and at least 36 wounded in Chicago over the Easter weekend, prompting a newly formed federal unit to step in to help tackle the city’s pervasive culture of gun violence.

Five of the victims were children between 11 and 15 who were playing in a park next to an elementary school, the Chicago Tribune reports. The youngest had just returned from church and shared Easter dinner with relatives when a car pulled up and opened fire. She was struck by two bullets, one of them puncturing her lung and breaking her collarbone, leaving her in a critical condition.

I'll take this nut in Georgia and my right to protect myself and my family any time any where over the plague of violence that comes with the mindset that free individuals do not have the right to protect themselves and their family.

Would you want your kids to grow up there or in Chicago without a right to keep and bear arms?

We all want Utopia, but until then we are stuck in the real world here on Earth and that requires tradeoffs. This one is clear cut. That's why the right not just to keep, but to also bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights. The right to threaten and instill fear in your neighbor, that was and still is a crime as it should be.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:58 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
huntmmup wrote:I knew this would happen. Would not want my kids growing up there:

That is still not legal.

"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing," said parent Karen Rabb.

Disturbing the peace or whatever the technical term and maybe even brandishing a weapon depending on the legal definition.

Clearly he violated the law, not gun laws, but other well established laws. However, did he hurt anyone? :no:
[\quote]

That was my first thought, but I'm not sure exactly what constitutes "brandishing". People being scared because you have a firearm does not incriminate you. That's their own damn problem. Inciting fear, however, should be punished.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 am

Quote fail.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 pm

go get the bird wrote:That was my first thought, but I'm not sure exactly what constitutes "brandishing". People being scared because you have a firearm does not incriminate you. That's their own damn problem. Inciting fear, however, should be punished.

It was not that he just had the firearm. It was that he kept talking about it that I think crossed the legal line. I also don't know what the legal definition of brandishing it is, but I think just lifting your jacket to show you have one for the purpose of intimidation crosses that line. This certainly falls into that category in my opinion.

What I find so bizarre is hunters that are scared to be around people with guns. Who hasn't gone hunting with people you never met before that day? Who doesn't go to the shooting range and shoot with people they have never met? That's OK, but people carrying firearms to defend themselves, Image Look at huntmmup, he is so scared of one guy with a gun WHO HURT NO ONE in the entire state of Georgia that he is afraid to move there. I wonder what he would do if he learned there are people even crazier in the state he lives that have guns and actually hurt people with them?

Please huntmmup, tell me this was a joke.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm

It wasn't a joke, just an old guy with little to do but stir the pot on DHC since he was banned for not playing nice before.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 pm

beretta24 wrote:It wasn't a joke, just an communist with little to do but stir the pot on DHC since he was banned for not playing nice before.

FIFY...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I love crack pots who spend their entire life afraid of everything that moves and might bite them. They just need to climb out of their bubbles and go enjoy the world. We all die. The questions is how much enjoyment do you get out of life before it happens.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum