race question

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: race question

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote: ......let me ask you a question.....Joe Montana....what race was he? What color eyes? DOH!

Joe Montana is like Hercules. Part human, part immortal.

They used to practice at Sierra College which is just a few miles from me. I ran into him, with Steve Young and Dwight Clark at a local restaurant. Talked to Joe and Steve at the bar until Dwight came in for dinner. (Steve didn't drink). Dwight came in looking like a business tycoon. Joe and Steve were both very cool and easy. My buddy asked them if it gets old to have people come up to them and bug them. Steve said "It only happens to me when I'm with him." :lol3: This was in the earlier days.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat May 03, 2014 12:00 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote: ......let me ask you a question.....Joe Montana....what race was he? What color eyes? DOH!

They used to practice at Sierra College which is just a few miles from me. I ran into him, with Steve Young and Dwight Clark at a local restaurant. Talked to Joe and Steve at the bar until Dwight came in for dinner. (Steve didn't drink). Dwight came in looking like a business tycoon. Joe and Steve were both very cool and easy. My buddy asked them if it gets old to have people come up to them and bug them. Steve said "It only happens to me when I'm with him." :lol3: This was in the earlier days.

Joes wife is big in Arabian horses. My wife's cousin Terry met him a some big horsemans get together. After a few beers they and their wives really hit it off. As the nigt went on the beer started to flow and Terry told Joe how much he admired his horse trailer. Joe told him that the trailer company basically gives them a new trailer every couple years as part of a sponsorship deal, a new one was waiting for him at home and that he'd sell this used yet immaculate trailer to him for a heck of a deal. Terry said that there was no way he could afford it but Joe told him that as payment he would deduct the beer he had drank from the price and that one dollar and Terrys old trailer would seal the deal. :lol3: Joe didn't even want Terrys trailer, but he needed a way to get his wife's horses home. :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat May 03, 2014 4:23 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:We can never have a color blind society if we don't care what color people are :fingerhead:

Wait that doesn't make any sense at all :huh:

What's the advantage in having a color blind society? It's just a description like tall, red haired, or fat as a freakin' sea walrus.
Now, should it have any effect on the manner in which they are treated? Not really, except possibly in race specific medical conditions and picking teams for basketball! :lol3:

Sports is the most color blind part of America. The teams don't give a rat's ass what color the players are. All black, all white, or some mix who cares if they win? Not the owners, not the players, not the fans. Not the vast majority of the people.

So why don't they ask hair color or height and weight instead of race? Clearly somebody cares what race people are when you are spot on and skin color should be no more important than eye color.

Listen once to a police BOLO of a wanted individual, Spinner. it's hair color AND height AND weight AND race. I agree race SHOULD be no more important than eye color, but let me ask you a question.....Joe Montana....what race was he? What color eyes? DOH!

Exactly, race should be no different than hair color AND height AND weight. DOH! Do you honestly think by color blind I mean a form of visual impairment? So I hope you are trying to make a joke somehow, although this post was made Friday night :beer:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 03, 2014 10:23 am

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Joes wife is big in Arabian horses. My wife's cousin Terry met him a some big horsemans get together. After a few beers they and their wives really hit it off. As the nigt went on the beer started to flow and Terry told Joe how much he admired his horse trailer. Joe told him that the trailer company basically gives them a new trailer every couple years as part of a sponsorship deal, a new one was waiting for him at home and that he'd sell this used yet immaculate trailer to him for a heck of a deal. Terry said that there was no way he could afford it but Joe told him that as payment he would deduct the beer he had drank from the price and that one dollar and Terrys old trailer would seal the deal. :lol3: Joe didn't even want Terrys trailer, but he needed a way to get his wife's horses home. :lol3:

I know a couple from that crowd too. They live in Lincoln and raise and ride cutting horses. She more than he. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum