Obama Never Had a Plan B

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Obama Never Had a Plan B

Postby nitram » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:08 pm

“I think we all know what Barack Obama's foreign policy strategy coming into office was. Step 1: Be Barack Obama (and not George W. Bush). Step 2: ???? Step 3: World peace! (With apologies to 'South Park.') … The whole world – at least the parts of it that Obama listens to – was telling him that replacing George W. Bush with Barack Obama was just the ticket for what ailed the planet. The fervor was all so detached from facts on the ground that the Nobel Committee even gave Obama a Peace Prize for the stuff they were sure he was going to do, eventually. (One clue that Obama's cult of personality didn't actually translate into tangible results on the world stage should have been his failure to win the 2016 Olympics for his hometown of Chicago, despite being the first president to personally lobby for it.) The problem, of course, is that Obama never had a Plan B.” - Jonah Goldberg
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: Obama Never Had a Plan B

Postby Me and Black Betty » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 am

Well now, under Obama care, he gets plan b for free. Why do you think it was so important for him to pass the damn thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Unfortunately the Republicans at the time had no Plan A. And they still don't. And they're arguing over the details of their non-existent Plan A.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 am

Glimmerjim wrote:Unfortunately the Republicans at the time had no Plan A. And they still don't. And they're arguing over the details of their non-existent Plan A.

You're just regurgitating talking points Jim. This is simply false. Several alternatives have been raised, but nothing would get through the senate. You are so are so blinded by partisanship. No, I'm not commenting on the worthiness of said plans, but your claim that there aren't and haven't been any is bs.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:48 am

Glimmerjim wrote:Unfortunately the Republicans at the time had no Plan A. And they still don't. And they're arguing over the details of their non-existent Plan A.

What were the Republicans saying about Putin? Romney for example said he was our number one geopolitical foe and what did Obama say about that? Even McCain was right on this while the Obama administration was doing their infantile reset nonsense.

I really hope you know this is not true. Of course, if you do, then what do you call someone that knowing makes false statements? :huh:

Oh yeah, Mr. President.

That was Obama's plan A, B, C, ... Lie, lie, lie.

How did he force Obamacare down the throats of the people. If you like Obamacare, good, if not, go Image yourself. You've been baited and switched bitch.

How did he win election?

The grandma that raised me is just a typical white person and you all know what that means :wink:

Jeremiah Wright, I'm so Image clueless, I knew nothing about the beliefs of my spiritual mentor and the pastor of the church my children were raised in, why would I? :huh:

BTW, here is what you need to know about the religious teachings of these kinds of churches. They are just fronts for liberal politics which is why Obama was attracted to them.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304810904579511963183313176
Donning orange T-shirts reading "Faith in Action," a coalition of religious groups flooded the state capitol in Springfield, singing hymns, shouting "Hallelujah," and praying for higher taxes on the rich. Their goal: replacing the state's long-standing flat income tax with a new, progressive "Fair Tax."

If God has an opinion, he is a flat taxer. Tithing is a flat 10%.

"The gospel tells us that 'For everyone to whom much is given, much will be required,' " Rev. Jason Coulter, a Chicago pastor and board member of the Community Renewal Society (which organized Faith in Action) told me. "I'm called by my faith tradition to speak truth to power when I see injustice being done. And a flat tax is an injustice."

Are they too stupid that a flat tax means that if you make a $10k you owe $1k and if you make $1,000k you owe $100k. Exactly as the phrase he quote says. BTW, does he reject a system where the lower income do not also contribute. God didn't include a standard deduction.

When asked whether additional tax revenue would really be used to help the poor, supporters like Rev. Hawking and Rev. Coulter tend to change the subject. When asked whether a progressive tax might backfire by driving wealth and jobs out of Illinois, both doubted anyone would leave. Besides, Rev. Hawking told me, "minimum wage earners," not the wealthy, "are the real job creators." The numbers, which show Illinois ranking second in the nation in outbound moves and losing more than $30 billion in adjusted gross income between 1992 and 2010, suggest otherwise.

But lets move on to the lies to get reelected.

Obama lied about Russia or he was clueless. I'll believe clueless on that one.

However, Bengazi, he knew there were no protests. Libya had nothing to do with a youtube video, but like Obamacare, the truth was a problem, so plan A, lie, when discovered, roll out plan B, different lies, I think this one we are on plan ZZ or so.

IRS and the tea party, yep, how many versions of the lie have their been? It was just some bad actors in Cincinnati, it was very serious and he would get to the bottom of it, then in the Super Bowl interview with O'Reilley he told the biggest whopper of them all, despite Lois Lerner taking the 5th he claims "Not even a smidgeon of corruption." I know this is business as usual for him and his colleagues from Illinois, but come on. However, this was intended for an audience that does not follow politics closely, so tell the giant whopper just like Bill Clinton tried with Monica Lewinsky and it would have worked on you Jim would it have not if not for the Blue Dress, of course, after that different lies worked just fine.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby On the X » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 am

As always Spinnerman brings up very valid though long winded points. As far as Obama's lack of a plan B.......a plan B wasn't seen as being necessary when the world had already deemed him the new savior to fix all the wrongs in the world. As the OP quote notes. Obama and his handlers (yes I said handlers) knew they had the media to continually feed the un-informed masses enough BS to keep them full (or should I say fool) to the point that no plan B was needed. After all, how do you form a plan B to plan A which was ""hope and change"? Think about it. For Gods sake, Obama even spoke that he was going to bring and end to the rise of the oceans and that it would be NOW. (not quoting him but you all know the speech). I'm sure you all also remember the woman from Fla saying she wouldn't have to worry about having to pay her mortage anymore, she wouldn't have to worry about putting gas in her car anymore? Remember the people in Detroit standing in line for "Obama money"? Women fainting at rallys? Chris Matthews speaking about the tingle running up his leg when Obama spoke? With all this false backing why waste time developing a plan B......just roll with it as they did.
On the X
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Which plan A sounds better?
Plan A: do nothing. Or,
Plan A: do nothing, but raise the price.
Anybody can stand up there and lie and tell you want you want to hear. That doesn't make their plan any better if there is no way in hell to make it come to fruition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby CJ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Progressive tax is absolutely fair. If your a major CEO and make 10 million a year, you pay 1 million (tough to live on) @10% flat tax. You make 50k you pay 5k, not very easy to live on even with a small family in some parts, and you're always sweating bullets nothing traumatic happens to wipe you out. How when your living week to week do you put money away for retirement. A few decades ago the CEOs were making 30 times what their avg worker got, now I've seen stats it's over 700 times. McDonalds pays minimum wage and I recently saw an article that 50% are on a government handout of some kind! while McDonalds has made billions. We subsidize big business way to much already. It's BS for CEOs to sit on boards of other companies to vote on bonuses, do you actually think they would vote against any bonus? It'd be like cutting their own throat.
May the wind be always at your back
CJ
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:49 pm

CJ wrote:Progressive tax is absolutely fair. If your a major CEO and make 10 million a year, you pay 1 million (tough to live on) @10% flat tax. You make 50k you pay 5k, not very easy to live on even with a small family in some parts, and you're always sweating bullets nothing traumatic happens to wipe you out. How when your living week to week do you put money away for retirement. A few decades ago the CEOs were making 30 times what their avg worker got, now I've seen stats it's over 700 times. McDonalds pays minimum wage and I recently saw an article that 50% are on a government handout of some kind! while McDonalds has made billions. We subsidize big business way to much already. It's BS for CEOs to sit on boards of other companies to vote on bonuses, do you actually think they would vote against any bonus? It'd be like cutting their own throat.

EVERYONE should have skin in the game. The Democrats have shown how to buy votes, give free stuff and get votes.

Which is worse rich CEOs or a bankrupt Country?
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby CJ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:53 pm

cartervj wrote:
CJ wrote:Progressive tax is absolutely fair. If your a major CEO and make 10 million a year, you pay 1 million (tough to live on) @10% flat tax. You make 50k you pay 5k, not very easy to live on even with a small family in some parts, and you're always sweating bullets nothing traumatic happens to wipe you out. How when your living week to week do you put money away for retirement. A few decades ago the CEOs were making 30 times what their avg worker got, now I've seen stats it's over 700 times. McDonalds pays minimum wage and I recently saw an article that 50% are on a government handout of some kind! while McDonalds has made billions. We subsidize big business way to much already. It's BS for CEOs to sit on boards of other companies to vote on bonuses, do you actually think they would vote against any bonus? It'd be like cutting their own throat.

EVERYONE should have skin in the game. The Democrats have shown how to buy votes, give free stuff and get votes.

Everyone should, how about making it more even. The rich CEOs, big business buying the government and not paying a living wage is bankrupting the Country.
CJ
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

beretta24 wrote:

You're just regurgitating talking points Jim. This is simply false. Several alternatives have been raised, but nothing would get through the senate. You are so are so blinded by partisanship. No, I'm not commenting on the worthiness of said plans, but your claim that there aren't and haven't been any is bs.

I could say precisely the same thing to you, beretta....you are simply regurgitating the talking points of different pundits. Simply because Romney mentioned Russia as our biggest enemy every Republican is now convinced that he is the Rasputin of modern times that could have salvaged our country. Absurd. What happened to radical Muslims, North Korea, etc? Many, MANY in Ukraine are supportive of their former alliance with Russia, and want it to become so again. Obama has taken a stance of economic sanctions, which is being supported internationally, rather than the Republican manifesto of waging war. Russia has found itself in the same position as the Fed's conflict with rancher Bundy. They wish they hadn't started this.
As far as alternatives being presented by the Republicans, they are in such a state of turmoil that they can't even decide anything amongst themselves, say nothing of maintaining their unity against anything that Obama would ever propose. There is more infighting withing the Republican party than against any common enemy.
Do you read the news? Boehner, Tea Party, McCain, staunch right-wingers and middle-of-the road conservatives can't agree on what type of appetizer to have at the next Republican Convention, say nothing of what they agree upon as Plan A for their Party.
Yet you call me partisan. :no:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:59 pm

CJ wrote:
cartervj wrote:

Everyone should, how about making it more even. The rich CEOs, big business buying the government and not paying a living wage is bankrupting the Country.

Can you remember at any point in your lifetime when McDonald's didn't pay minimum wage? You complain about CEOs voting themselves raises. Do you feel the same way about people on government assistance using votes in an attempt to increase their pay?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:06 pm

clampdaddy wrote: Can you remember at any point in your lifetime when McDonald's didn't pay minimum wage? You complain about CEOs voting themselves raises. Do you feel the same way about people on government assistance using votes in an attempt to increase their pay?

True, cd, but who is winning? What group has had their total financial remuneration ascend radically in the last 20 years, and which group has seen their pay scale after inflation descend radically?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote: Can you remember at any point in your lifetime when McDonald's didn't pay minimum wage? You complain about CEOs voting themselves raises. Do you feel the same way about people on government assistance using votes in an attempt to increase their pay?

True, cd, but who is winning? What group has had their total financial remuneration ascend radically in the last 20 years, and which group has seen their pay scale after inflation descend radically?

No matter what form of government you have or how you tax, the guys with money ALWAYS win. They are good the game they play, plain and simple. Many of these people will loose and rebuild fortunes larger than any of us will make in an entire lifetime. globalization has made it even easier. Lean on them too hard and it's not a problem to pack up and have their products made cheaper in another country. Inflation......now there's a biggie. You think the dumping of trillions of made up dollars into our currency pool over the last 6 or so years will do anything to help that?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

No matter what form of government you have or how you tax, the guys with money ALWAYS win. They are good the game they play, plain and simple. Many of these people will loose and rebuild fortunes larger than any of us will make in an entire lifetime. globalization has made it even easier. Lean on them too hard and it's not a problem to pack up and have their products made cheaper in another country. Inflation......now there's a biggie. You think the dumping of trillions of made up dollars into our currency pool over the last 6 or so years will do anything to help that?

So essentially what you are saying cd is that the wealthy are keeping their abilities on ransom to us. We are powerless to enact, as a united nation, any legislation that tries to level the playing field a bit, to re-embrace the concept of "all are created equally", whether we are born to a crack whore in South Central or to a political/business dynasty. We are at their mercy, and the best we can hope for is that we do not piss them off enough to leave us in our abject poverty. Where's the Occupy Wall Street crowd when I need 'em? :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:06 am

Glimmerjim wrote:

When did I say ANYTHING about Romney or Russia. Once again you lump everyone that challenges your opinion together and attack the false narrative, instead of acknowledging that your assertion was wrong. Google, its your friend.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby boney fingers » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:18 am

Glimmerjim wrote:

Didn't INDA recently post a graph showing a welfare family could receive the equivalent compensation as someone making 40k year all while contributing exactly 0 to society (actually most contributions to society would be a negative due to criminal behavior of many on assistance). Not sure what your definition of winning is, but I would say they are contenders at the very least.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:00 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

So essentially what you are saying cd is that the wealthy are keeping their abilities on ransom to us. We are powerless to enact, as a united nation, any legislation that tries to level the playing field a bit, to re-embrace the concept of "all are created equally", whether we are born to a crack whore in South Central or to a political/business dynasty. We are at their mercy, and the best we can hope for is that we do not piss them off enough to leave us in our abject poverty. Where's the Occupy Wall Street crowd when I need 'em? :lol3:

Nobody has ransomed you or me. We are both at the income levels that our levels of ambition have procured.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:33 am

Sorry. Goin' fishin' this am. Back at ya later! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:36 am

A flat tax with a standard deduction is a progressive tax. If you can't understand this simple mathematical fact, you should realize your opinions are based on simple emotions.

Let's look at your example of a person making $50k. They do NOT pay taxes on that $50k. Let's take your small family, let's say it is 4 people. So last year they get to deduct $12,200 plus 4 times $3,900 for the exemption. And that is the minimum they do not have to pay any income tax on. That means they are only paying tax on $22,200, so if there is a flat tax rate on the taxable income, that would be $2,220 in taxes and NOT $5,000 in taxes for an effective tax rate of 4.4%. Now, for a simple flat tax system, the family making $1,000k would get the same deductions and exemptions and pay the flat tax rate on $972,200 and owe $97,220 in taxes for an effective tax rate of 9.7%. That is a very progressive tax scheme. The guy making a lot pays more than DOUBLE the effective tax rate. Why is that not enough?

The problem is all the schemes and scams embedded in the tax code where things other than legitimate business expenses are deducted.

What is the average size of the companies compared to in the past? A CEO of a company with 10 employees is not likely earning 700 times the average of those 10 employees. A CEO managing a company with 10,000 employees might.

How much more should a CEO of a company with 10,000 employees make than a CEO of a company with 10 employees if both companies pay their employees the same on average? You imply that they should both be paid the same in order to maintain the same ratio, but isn't that laughably silly?

I have a plan A and a plan B to get all McDonald employees off of government handouts. Pick the one you like.

A. End government handouts. Would the grownups be satisfied with a job at McDonalds if they didn't get the handouts or would they be motivated to work harder, longer, and smarter so they don't have a crappy life as opposed to coasting through life just getting buy because if they do work harder, longer, and smarter, the government will punish them by taking away the handouts.

B. McDonalds can lay every one of them off and replace them with automation and a few well paid employees. No more McDonald's employees on handout, the CEO makes a much smaller ratio to the average employee. This seems to fit everything you want to see.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby CJ » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

OK guys, I've been on the site for many years. Because of health issues I have retired (or partially, we'll see). I'm weak on computer skills. How do I highlight or separate paragraphs or sentences and reply to each individual question? I find myself almost always siding with Jim, Dude, BDD2 and others but I really like hearing opposing views (I know I'm just another one for cannon fodder on this site), but I've loved hunting as long as I can remember and this mixes the two.
Thanks
CJ
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Just quote, and delete what you don't like.

Or on a PC, highlight what you want with the cursor, and then hold CTRL and hit C to copy the text.

Hit reply and then click on the quote button.

Last, click the cursor between the "quotes", and then hold CTRL and hit P to paste the quote.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:32 am

SpinnerMan wrote:A flat tax with a standard deduction is a progressive tax. If you can't understand this simple mathematical fact, you should realize your opinions are based on simple emotions.

It is simple emotions, and particularly envy and hate. That is why the argument is always about making it more difficult for the higher earners to keep their money, and has nothing to do with raising people up. If you rounded up all the millionaires and executed them, many on the left would cheer, but it would do absolutely nothing to improve their lot in life and would likely make their little lives of envy and hate worse as the millionaire is likely their employer.

I will express my usual question to those who put forth the same arguments about trying to compare the relative comfort of someone earning $50K to someone earning $1MM. What is the right tax rate for someone making $100K, $1MM and $10MM, and why is that the right rate?
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 am

Sorry. Not sure how a double post occurred, but do not see an option for deleting it.
Last edited by Rat Creek on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:45 am

CJ wrote:OK guys, I've been on the site for many years. Because of health issues I have retired (or partially, we'll see). I'm weak on computer skills. How do I highlight or separate paragraphs or sentences and reply to each individual question? I find myself almost always siding with Jim, Dude, BDD2 and others but I really like hearing opposing views (I know I'm just another one for cannon fodder on this site), but I've loved hunting as long as I can remember and this mixes the two.
Thanks

If you see somebody do something that you want to emulate, click the quote button to see what they did. It will show you all the codes, etc. that they used. Then through trial and error with the preview button, you will figure out how they did it.

One trick, if you just want to quote a piece is after you get in the text window to reply if you scroll down to the post you want to grab the quote from and just select that part of the text and then hit the quote button in that specific post, it will grab that text only.

CJ wrote:I find myself almost always siding with Jim, Dude, BDD2 and others but I really like hearing opposing views (I know I'm just another one for cannon fodder on this site), but I've loved hunting as long as I can remember and this mixes the two.

You cannot take it personal. That is difficult for many. The other thing is that we are a group of hunters, which means we have a common set of backgrounds and values which generally means we have a spirit of rugged individualism, leave me alone so I can leave you alone attitude. This is why we lean heavily toward the libertarian/Tea Party/movement conservative positions which is the more classic liberal position and reject the social liberal positions. We also tend to hate the Republican establishment because political machines of all kinds are an anathema to what we believe.

I am fully on board with the objectives of the social liberals, something that often separates me from the more libertarian people on this site. However, the progressive or modern liberals approaches for the most part DO NOT WORK!

And this is where you and I most likely have the largest part of our disagreement. We want to achieve the same goals, we probably even have similar priorities in large part, but we have completely different views about what will work and what will not. To resolve that difference, we have to be objective about the results that we see in the real world. For example, do big businesses love big government and vice versa? I think the evidence in the real world is that they go hand in hand. Maybe love is the wrong word, but they certainly develop a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship and that relationship is parasitic to the average person as the powerful use their power to leech off of the less powerful. It is the antithesis of everything we as Americans claim to aspire to.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum