Bill Maher on PC police

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Bill Maher on PC police

Postby cartervj » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:42 pm

WARNING, there is some fowl language

“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Bill Maher on PC police

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 pm

cartervj wrote:WARNING, there is some fowl language

Yet Bill Maher is the MSM. Jon Stewart is the MSM. Stephen Colbert is the MSM. I have yet to see Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly take a serious look at themselves and their own party with condemnation. But one party is in total lockstep with every major news source and representative, and one party is open-minded and telling the truth. :eek: :no: :eek: :no: :eek: :no:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:14 am

Glimmerjim wrote:Yet Bill Maher is the MSM. Jon Stewart is the MSM. Stephen Colbert is the MSM. I have yet to see Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly take a serious look at themselves and their own party with condemnation. But one party is in total lockstep with every major news source and representative, and one party is open-minded and telling the truth. :eek: :no: :eek: :no: :eek: :no:

both parties lie, one party just has MORE streams of expression :thumbsup:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:27 am

Glimmerjim wrote:I have yet to see Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly take a serious look at themselves and their own party with condemnation.
So you are a regular listener? If not, just think how dumb of a statement this is.

BTW, almost every talk show including those two are highly critical of the Republicans. Hannity, not my favorite show, but I do listen fairly often because there is nothing better on, has said he changed his registration from Republican to conservative which is an option in NY because he is so sick of them. Rush has often been quite critical and there are many other talk show hosts that are quite popular and far more harsh than these two. Maybe you should listen regularly and you would learn something and see what you are missing :beer:

cartervj wrote:both parties lie, one party just has MORE streams of expression :thumbsup:
And one group of voters believes giving more power to their lying politicians is a good thing and one group of voters thinks giving more power to lying politicians regardless of party is foolish. One group looks to the lying politicians to solve their problems and one group of voters looks to the lying politicians as a necessary evil that needs to be constrained to the minimum possible.

The problem is not the parties. It is the voters. One group thinks they can make a deal with the devil and one group thinks that is insane.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:06 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
cartervj wrote:both parties lie, one party just has MORE streams of expression :thumbsup:
And one group of voters believes giving more power to their lying politicians is a good thing and one group of voters thinks giving more power to lying politicians regardless of party is foolish. One group looks to the lying politicians to solve their problems and one group of voters looks to the lying politicians as a necessary evil that needs to be constrained to the minimum possible.

The problem is not the parties. It is the voters. One group thinks they can make a deal with the devil and one group thinks that is insane.

no doubt about that :clapping:
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum