Who wrote this

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Who wrote this

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:23 pm

OK, so they are all liars, who wants to empower them and who wants to take power away?

Do intelligent people give liars more power? :huh:

dudejcb wrote:He "didn't remember" holding a guy down to cut his hair in college?

There are a lot of things I do not remember from college. :oops:

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:28 pm

I've forgotten a few pretty insignificant things, but even then, I remember most stuff going way back ... except that one girl's name.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:I've forgotten a few pretty insignificant things, but even then, I remember most stuff going way back ... except that one girl's name.

Do you trust liars? Do you empower liars?

For the sake of argument, Romney and Obama are both liars. It's probably even true. We know Obama is and while your example is far from definitive, I'm sure there are better ones. Maybe he was a total ass and he did a bunch of stupid things like that. Does a bully remember every kid he bullied? :no:

However, they are both liars, do you vote for the guy wanting to expand his power the most or the least? :huh:

It is precisely because I believe there is no possible way to ensure trustworthy people win elections, and clearly the ability to lie and lie with conviction is a big plus for winning political office, that I believe it is essential that we have a small decentralized government. I think there is irrefutable evidence that you cannot trust politicians and bureaucrats. The only safe thing to assume is that both Romney and Obama are liars and we take the appropriate precautions and sure as hell do not put more faith in them.

Your entire political belief system rests upon finding trustworthy politicians, getting them elected, and keeping them elected. If you don't, with all that power, they can do a lot of damage in a hurry.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 01, 2014 4:27 pm

CJ wrote:Do you agree?

[T]here was so much at stake in this election. I'd spent nearly twenty years fighting to level the playing field for the middle class, and I'd seen millions of working families go over the economic cliff -- and it was getting worse. What kind of country would my grandchildren grow up in? What if the conservatives and the big banks and the big-time CEOs got their way, and Washington kept helping the rich and powerful to get richer and more powerful? Could I really stand on the sidelines and stay out of this fight?

You. Just now. Sheesh. Short-term memory loss? Sure you live in Kentucky and not Colorado, cj? :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum