Golf must be expensive

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Golf must be expensive

Postby cartervj » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:49 pm

I played years ago for a college team, dang it's gotten out of hand. :huh:
Being an Imperial President must be nice, even the Japanese do not pay that kinda jack to play golf.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-biden-vacation-tab-reaches-40m-2.9m-alone-for-two-obama-2014-golf-outings/article/2547892

Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 million --- $2.9 million alone for two Obama 2014 golf outings

The travel costs for vacations taken by the first family and the Bidens have reached over $40 million with the Air Force's revelation that two golf outings by President Obama this year cost $2.9 million, according to the taxpayer watchdog group Judicial Watch.

The group said that the Air Force provided documents and records that put the price of the first family's trip to Key Largo, Fla., in March at $885,683 just for flying Air Force One. The travel costs to golf in Palm Springs, Calif., in February, where the president also met with King Abdullah II of Jordan, was $2,066,594, said the Air Force documents, according to Judicial Watch.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Golf must be expensive

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

cartervj wrote:I played years ago for a college team, dang it's gotten out of hand. :huh:
Being an Imperial President must be nice, even the Japanese do not pay that kinda jack to play golf.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-biden-vacation-tab-reaches-40m-2.9m-alone-for-two-obama-2014-golf-outings/article/2547892

Obama-Biden vacation tab reaches $40 million --- $2.9 million alone for two Obama 2014 golf outings

The travel costs for vacations taken by the first family and the Bidens have reached over $40 million with the Air Force's revelation that two golf outings by President Obama this year cost $2.9 million, according to the taxpayer watchdog group Judicial Watch.

The group said that the Air Force provided documents and records that put the price of the first family's trip to Key Largo, Fla., in March at $885,683 just for flying Air Force One. The travel costs to golf in Palm Springs, Calif., in February, where the president also met with King Abdullah II of Jordan, was $2,066,594, said the Air Force documents, according to Judicial Watch.

In order for that to have any import, carter, we would have to have comparisons with previous president's expentures in inflation adjusted dollars. That sounds like work to me, and I'm pretty lazy anymore! :lol3:
And by the way, around $1.5 mil/round....that's about right for a nice course. Spyglass and Pebble Beach considerably more.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Re: Golf must be expensive

Postby cartervj » Thu May 01, 2014 6:53 pm

This is Pebble Beach and Spyglass rates. They've doubled since the last time I looked about 15 years ago. :lol3:
Now to play at Augusta is another story, which President was turned down when he requested a chance to play there?

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
Garden View $765
Fairway View $815
Partial Ocean View $870
Garden Spa Room $980
Ocean View $1,030
Ocean Studio $1,315
Suite (Main Bldg.) $1,915
Suite (Fremont) $1,965
Suite (Vizcaino) $2,130
Suite (Alvarado) $2,130
Suite (Colton) $2,410
Suite (Sloat) $2,510
Dogs are welcome at The Lodge.
A $70 per room per night fee will be assessed.
The Inn at Spanish Bay
Garden View $650
Forest View $765
Scenic View $855
Ocean View $965
Executive Suites $1,345 - $2,490
Honeymoon Suite $1,445
Governor's Suite $2,565
Presidential Suite $2,825
Spanish Bay Suite $2,965
Casa Palmero
Estate Room $910
Estate Studio $975
Spa Room $1,055
Courtyard Suite $1,430
Palmero Suite $2,895

Pebble Beach Golf Links
Resort Guests $495 incl. cart
Non-Resort Guests $495 + cart
Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Resort Guests $385 incl. cart
Non-Resort Guests $385 + cart
The Links at Spanish Bay
Resort Guests $270 incl. cart
Non-Resort Guests $270 + cart
Del Monte Golf Course
Resort Guests $110 + cart
Hyatt Guests $110 + cart
Non-Resort Guests $110 + cart
Rental Clubs $95
Travel light! For your convenience, Pebble Beach Resorts offers state-of-the-art Callaway rental clubs at all courses.
Golf Academy & Practice Facility
The ultimate learning experience. Lessons for individuals, group programs and more. Learn from Laird Small, former PGA Teacher of the Year. Learn more
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum