Democratic hypocrisy

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Democratic hypocrisy

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat May 17, 2014 5:08 am

beretta24 wrote:Now the question is what happens to the students that were removed or quit? Is their long term impact on society better or worse, and if worse does it outweigh the positive impact their absence has on the other students. Is there anything that can be done to change things is their impact is worse?

First, I think it should be impossible to get kicked out of school unless you are in jail. Now, absolutely the disruptive kids should be removed from class, but life should get WORSE for them. Go to the local ironworkers union and hire a few of guys and there knew education protocol is busting their ass for 10 hours a day. Life cannot get better for kids when they misbehave. They are too stupid to be thinking about the long term implications. Bad behavior has to lead to short term hardship.

Glimmerjim wrote:Even Pope Francis said that we worship the dollar more than anything else in our lives, and that is especially true in the US.

Another failed appeal to authority.

You know who worship the dollar. Those that wish to take it from others from their personal benefit.

Thou shall not steal. I think the Pope forgot that commandment. There is no fine print on the stone that says it's not stealing if blessed by government.

Sure we have murderers and all kinds of sinners and greed being one of them, but the reason we are so successful on average is because we are not greedy. It is the people looking to get rich quick that go broke more often. It is those that want money, but don't want to work that have the least. It's those that know why they need money to care for others that have more and those that are self-centered and short-sighted who have the least.

The pope has so much wrong. It's not the first time a pope has been very wrong, is it? Sorry, but a failed appeal to authority.

But I know your liberal jealous makes you think those that have more must have done something wrong. Even if so, can you legislate morality? :no: And that includes high tax rates. Every dollar should be taxed the same.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 9:23 am

Gunnysway wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:I bet if you put the general population in a private school setting you would see one big change, and the result would have a positive impact on the rest of the students. The students that misbehave, disrupt the class or don't try would be failed or removed. As a result I think some fraction of those failed would get their stuff together and not fail a second time. Some would quit.

As a result the remaining students would do better than they otherwise would have because less energy would be wasted on those choosing to fail.

Now the question is what happens to the students that were removed or quit? Is their long term impact on society better or worse, and if worse does it outweigh the positive impact their absence has on the other students. Is there anything that can be done to change things is their impact is worse?

the worlds need ditch diggers, brick layers and grocery sackers......

That is very true, Inda. A problem is that we have reduced these people to second-class citizens. I can remember the day when the garbagemen enjoyed their work. They had to invest what they wanted to in skills, yet they still made a reasonable living. This is the biggest problem with what I condemn as our turning into an oligarchy, with the country's wealth going to fewer and fewer at the expense of the majority. Even Pope Francis said that we worship the dollar more than anything else in our lives, and that is especially true in the US. And that is what drives my desire to see more equity in wages. If you are making a respectable wage, you can take pride in what you are doing regardless of what it might be. If you are not, you see yourself simply as a pawn and a totally expendable tool of the "haves", and that, without a doubt, breeds resentment.

Shhhhhh...

Didn't you here...? It's Psycho... If any of you call him Francis... He'll kill you...

And don't touch his stuff... He'll kill you

And don't touch him... he'll kill you

:lol3: :lol3: Great movie! When I hear that line I think of Floyd...."Don't condescend to me man, I'll f'in kill ya man" :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat May 17, 2014 11:50 am

Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 pm

beretta24 wrote:Now the question is what happens to the students that were removed or quit? Is their long term impact on society better or worse, and if worse does it outweigh the positive impact their absence has on the other students. Is there anything that can be done to change things is their impact is worse?

Glimmerjim wrote:Even Pope Francis said that we worship the dollar more than anything else in our lives, and that is especially true in the US.

SpinnerMan wrote: Another failed appeal to authority.

You know who worship the dollar. Those that wish to take it from others from their personal benefit.

Absolutely absurd comment, Spinner. Those who worship the dollar are the Koch Bros and the Waltons. People that no amount of money is ever enough for. That fight tooth and nail to not pay taxes on their unspendable fortunes, that do everything within their power to pay everyone as little as possible therefore extracting the most for themselves. And all of those that wish to emulate these sorts in order to amass unspendable fortunes for themselves. Egomaniacal sociopaths that have no concept of anything beyond their desire for personal acquisition of power. And in this society they are lauded. By all political persuasions and all socio-economic groups. It wil spell the demise of this country, mark my words.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

Absolutely absurd comment, Spinner. Those who worship the dollar are the Koch Bros and the Waltons. People that no amount of money is ever enough for. That fight tooth and nail to not pay taxes on their unspendable fortunes, that do everything within their power to pay everyone as little as possible therefore extracting the most for themselves. And all of those that wish to emulate these sorts in order to amass unspendable fortunes for themselves. Egomaniacal sociopaths that have no concept of anything beyond their desire for personal acquisition of power. And in this society they are lauded. By all political persuasions and all socio-economic groups. It wil spell the demise of this country, mark my words.

By all political persuasions I assume you include Obama and the like into that group...and not just the conservatives you chose to list.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat May 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

Do people that worship money give huge amounts of it to charity? Of course not.

You don't like your politics, so you project evil on them. It's sad. They don't do anything different than any other liberal business man or politician, but those are not the ones in your list. Why? :huh: Soros doesn't pay a penny more in taxes than he has to. Do you? Nobody should. Following the letter of the law is acceptable for everybody. Even the dumbass laws that should be changed. That's not greed.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/11/1124_biggest_givers/26.htm
25. David Koch
Koch Industries executive vice president

2004-08 Giving* $440 million

As a man who has been living with prostate cancer for over 16 years, Koch is a survivor committed to funding innovations in cancer research in the quest for a cure. Last year he donated $100 million to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to fund research into the disease. This year he donated $100 million toward the renovation of the New York State Theater, of which Lincoln Center is a part. Koch was already a big supporter of cultural institutions and education.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/11/1124_biggest_givers/41.htm
40. Charles Koch
Chairman and CEO, Koch Industries

2004-08 Giving* $246 million

New to list David Koch's older brother, Charles Koch focuses on libertarian causes, giving money for academic and public policy research and social welfare around strict conservative ideals. He co-founded the Cato Institute and contributes to groups such as the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University. Other recipients of Koch's charity include Florida State University, Mercatus Center at George Mason University, the Bill of Rights Institute, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Salvation Army, and Koch Cultural Trust (formerly Kansas Cultural Trust).
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 pm

beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

By all political persuasions I assume you include Obama and the like into that group...and not just the conservatives you chose to list.

:lol3: Yes I do. I did that for a laugh fully expecting the response! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:I bet if you put the general population in a private school setting you would see one big change, and the result would have a positive impact on the rest of the students. The students that misbehave, disrupt the class or don't try would be failed or removed. As a result I think some fraction of those failed would get their stuff together and not fail a second time. Some would quit.

As a result the remaining students would do better than they otherwise would have because less energy would be wasted on those choosing to fail.

Now the question is what happens to the students that were removed or quit? Is their long term impact on society better or worse, and if worse does it outweigh the positive impact their absence has on the other students. Is there anything that can be done to change things is their impact is worse?

the worlds need ditch diggers, brick layers and grocery sackers......

That is very true, Inda. A problem is that we have reduced these people to second-class citizens. I can remember the day when the garbagemen enjoyed their work. They had to invest what they wanted to in skills, yet they still made a reasonable living. This is the biggest problem with what I condemn as our turning into an oligarchy, with the country's wealth going to fewer and fewer at the expense of the majority. Even Pope Francis said that we worship the dollar more than anything else in our lives, and that is especially true in the US. And that is what drives my desire to see more equity in wages. If you are making a respectable wage, you can take pride in what you are doing regardless of what it might be. If you are not, you see yourself simply as a pawn and a totally expendable tool of the "haves", and that, without a doubt, breeds resentment.

Not everyone has the same ambition, work ethic, drive, or ability... that is why we have a division of labor.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum