Democratic hypocrisy

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Democratic hypocrisy

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri May 09, 2014 10:06 am

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rationalization

: to think about or describe something (such as bad behavior) in a way that explains it and makes it seem proper, more attractive, etc.

It is a common human failing.

Liberals just think they are effectively immune to common human failings and their preferred policies require an absolute belief that their politicians do not suffer common human failings despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

So all they do is spend all their time rationalizing their policy failures. I think that's part of the reason conservatives on average are happier.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/opinion/sunday/conservatives-are-happier-and-extremists-are-happiest-of-all.html
Scholars on both the left and right have studied this question extensively, and have reached a consensus that it is conservatives who possess the happiness edge. Many data sets show this. For example, the Pew Research Center in 2006 reported that conservative Republicans were 68 percent more likely than liberal Democrats to say they were “very happy” about their lives. This pattern has persisted for decades. The question isn’t whether this is true, but why.

Was Jim climbing the hill really a call for help? :tongue:

Whether religion and marriage should make people happy is a question you have to answer for yourself. But consider this: Fifty-two percent of married, religious, politically conservative people (with kids) are very happy — versus only 14 percent of single, secular, liberal people without kids.

The liberals actually know this. They practice this in their own life. If only liberals would preach what they practice. Jim, Dude, BDD2, etc. They are all basically living the conservative ideal for obvious reasons, but is that what they preach to help those they view as helpless adults that cannot make it with out their paternal care in the form of government handouts and mandates? :no: Why? I guess they get so much joy of being parents, they want to add millions of minorities and "disadvantaged" white adults under their care and not set free from the nest to become responsible successful adults like them and their actual children.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:56 am

ScaupHunter wrote:If you think it is no big deal then explain the Petraeus situation and how that played out.

They almost got away with ignoring that one...ssshhh!!!
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri May 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Stop pizzing on my parade B. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri May 09, 2014 12:13 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rationalization

: to think about or describe something (such as bad behavior) in a way that explains it and makes it seem proper, more attractive, etc.

It is a common human failing.

Liberals just think they are effectively immune to common human failings and their preferred policies require an absolute belief that their politicians do not suffer common human failings despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

So all they do is spend all their time rationalizing their policy failures. I think that's part of the reason conservatives on average are happier.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/opinion/sunday/conservatives-are-happier-and-extremists-are-happiest-of-all.html
Scholars on both the left and right have studied this question extensively, and have reached a consensus that it is conservatives who possess the happiness edge. Many data sets show this. For example, the Pew Research Center in 2006 reported that conservative Republicans were 68 percent more likely than liberal Democrats to say they were “very happy” about their lives. This pattern has persisted for decades. The question isn’t whether this is true, but why.

Was Jim climbing the hill really a call for help? :tongue:

Whether religion and marriage should make people happy is a question you have to answer for yourself. But consider this: Fifty-two percent of married, religious, politically conservative people (with kids) are very happy — versus only 14 percent of single, secular, liberal people without kids.

The liberals actually know this. They practice this in their own life. If only liberals would preach what they practice. Jim, Dude, BDD2, etc. They are all basically living the conservative ideal for obvious reasons, but is that what they preach to help those they view as helpless adults that cannot make it with out their paternal care in the form of government handouts and mandates? :no: Why? I guess they get so much joy of being parents, they want to add millions of minorities and "disadvantaged" white adults under their care and not set free from the nest to become responsible successful adults like them and their actual children.

How in the world could a liberal be happy. All we ever hear from them is how wrong everything is in America. How it all has to be changed to be better for everyone. If you cannot look at life, your nation, and the world and focus on the good that exists, you simply cannot ever be expected to find happiness. If you are unhappy it seems you spend your life trying to change everything to you can to eventually be happy. That day of course never comes. Hence happiness will never happen for them since it is found in acceptance of life as it is, enjoying the little things that life brings you, and being content with yourself and who you are.

The studies show indicate that we have allowed a bunch of depressed nut jobs who are never satisfied to take over and run the country. No wonder we are in a depression with forecasts of worse to come. They keep trying to fix a money problem by borrowing and spending more money, then scream they taxes need to go up. Then get pizzed when people refuse to have their hard earned dollars stolen out of their pockets.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri May 09, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri May 09, 2014 1:39 pm

"If you don't love it, leave it,
Let this song that I'm singing be a warning.
When you're running down my country hoss,
You're walking on the fighting side of me." :hammer:
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 6:39 pm

I'll just put this here...

Wow... :rolleyes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Hillary Clinton when at the State Dept. fought to keep Boko Haram off the terrorist list in 2011..
On Wednesday, Clinton said that the abduction of the girls by Boko Haram was “abominable, it’s criminal, it’s an act of terrorism and it really merits the fullest response possible, first and foremost from the government of Nigeria.” Clinton said that as Secretary of State she had numerous meetings with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan and had urged the Nigerian government to do more on counterterrorism.What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.

“The one thing she could have done, the one tool she had at her disposal, she didn’t use. And nobody can say she wasn’t urged to do it. It’s gross hypocrisy,” said a former senior U.S. official who was involved in the debate. “The FBI, the CIA, and the Justice Department really wanted Boko Haram designated, they wanted the authorities that would provide to go after them, and they voiced that repeatedly to elected officials.”

but now, she says they are terrorists...
“The seizure of these young women by this radical extremist group, Boko Haram, is abominable, is criminal is an act of terrorism.”

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Sun May 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Since Dems and Libs are just about the same thing these days, I found this fitting.
walker-2.jpg
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun May 11, 2014 8:19 pm

cartervj wrote:Since Dems and Libs are just about the same thing these days, I found this fitting.
walker-2.jpg

Could this simply be a result of Christians being commonplace, and out gays being "new" in professional sports, carter? I mean, after all, they do call it the "news." :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon May 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
cartervj wrote:Since Dems and Libs are just about the same thing these days, I found this fitting.
walker-2.jpg

Could this simply be a result of Christians being commonplace, and out gays being "new" in professional sports, carter? I mean, after all, they do call it the "news." :lol3:

Naw, it's all about promoting their agenda.

You can't deny the hostility towards Tebow and love towards the gay dude. :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 13, 2014 11:23 am

cartervj wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
walker-2.jpg

Naw, it's all about promoting their agenda.

You can't deny the hostility towards Tebow and love towards the gay dude. :lol3: :lol3:

Giving you the benefit of the doubt on that, carter, what is different from these people promoting their agenda than the Tea Party? I never personally had any animosity towards Tebow, nor love for gay athletes, but if the worst we can come up with is that they are promoting a different agenda than some others, well....this is the USA! :hi:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 13, 2014 11:59 am

Glimmerjim wrote:if the worst we can come up with is that they are promoting a different agenda than some others, well....this is the USA! :hi:

It's not that they are pushing their agenda. It's that the so-called objective journalists are active participants in pushing that agenda. It's that those that disagree with their agenda are denigrated as some sort of evil for opposing it and have no right to present their views.

I think those that supported Tebow were idiots. I think the same thing of those that support this gay dude. The personal life of both are irrelevant, are they not? I think Tebow's over the top displays was not a sincere expression of his faith, but a show for others. If SamIAm or whatever his name does the same thing, I will think it is wrong as well. Time will tell, assuming he can even make the cut. And what if he doesn't, will the Rams be judged for cutting a 7th round pick like a large fraction of picks that late are judged or will they have to take an affirmative action position for fear of being labeled haters and bigots? If I was the GM, I would have probably stayed away from both.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 13, 2014 12:41 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:if the worst we can come up with is that they are promoting a different agenda than some others, well....this is the USA! :hi:

It's not that they are pushing their agenda. It's that the so-called objective journalists are active participants in pushing that agenda. It's that those that disagree with their agenda are denigrated as some sort of evil for opposing it and have no right to present their views.

I think those that supported Tebow were idiots. I think the same thing of those that support this gay dude. The personal life of both are irrelevant, are they not? I think Tebow's over the top displays was not a sincere expression of his faith, but a show for others. If SamIAm or whatever his name does the same thing, I will think it is wrong as well. Time will tell, assuming he can even make the cut. And what if he doesn't, will the Rams be judged for cutting a 7th round pick like a large fraction of picks that late are judged or will they have to take an affirmative action position for fear of being labeled haters and bigots? If I was the GM, I would have probably stayed away from both.

As it could be equally stated that Fox News is comprised of "so-called objective journalists", but I feel they are pushing an agenda rather than objectively reporting the news. And who in the world depicts those that are not aligned with
their agendas as "stupid" more than Fox News/Rupert Murdoch in its various manifestations?

Regarding the GM and his choice of draft picks, remember that this is a business. I am sure that he considered all aspects of his choice and made his best decision. Whether he saw athletic potential, or wanted to show support for business reasons to a vocal minority, it's his show. If he eventually gets sued, he willingly engaged in the decision. I don't believe that he was forced at gunpoint to draft Sam, or any other player, noe made to do so by a non-objective media.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:As it could be equally stated that Fox News is comprised of "so-called objective journalists", but I feel they are pushing an agenda rather than objectively reporting the news. And who in the world depicts those that are not aligned with
their agendas as "stupid" more than Fox News/Rupert Murdoch in its various manifestations?

Can you even name a few journalists for Fox News? I'll be shocked if you can think of even one and would probably pass out if you could name five.

Talk show hosts are not journalists :fingerhead:

Glimmerjim wrote:Regarding the GM and his choice of draft picks, remember that this is a business. I am sure that he considered all aspects of his choice and made his best decision. Whether he saw athletic potential, or wanted to show support for business reasons to a vocal minority, it's his show. If he eventually gets sued, he willingly engaged in the decision. I don't believe that he was forced at gunpoint to draft Sam, or any other player, noe made to do so by a non-objective media.
Agreed. I just think the risk is too high, but if the franchise is privately owned, they can do anything they want for any reason they want as long as it doesn't bring harm to the league. It doesn't have to be a good business decision if it is not corporately or otherwise owned such that they have an ethical or legal responsibility to their co-owners.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:As it could be equally stated that Fox News is comprised of "so-called objective journalists", but I feel they are pushing an agenda rather than objectively reporting the news. And who in the world depicts those that are not aligned with

SpinnerMan wrote: Can you even name a few journalists for Fox News? I'll be shocked if you can think of even one and would probably pass out if you could name five.

Well, I guess you're right. Spinner. I can't name even one Fox News journalist since, as you state, they are all talk show hosts, not journalists. Therefore, Fox News should be considered as on par with such luminaries as Glenn Beck (I almost wrote Jeff :lol3: ), Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. We agree on something!!!!! Those who promote themselves as Fox News journalists, are indeed, simply nutjobs! :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

SpinnerMan wrote: Can you even name a few journalists for Fox News? I'll be shocked if you can think of even one and would probably pass out if you could name five.

Well, I guess you're right. Spinner. I can't name even one Fox News journalist since, as you state, they are all talk show hosts, not journalists. Therefore, Fox News should be considered as on par with such luminaries as Glenn Beck (I almost wrote Jeff :lol3: ), Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. We agree on something!!!!! Those who promote themselves as Fox News journalists, are indeed, simply nutjobs! :beer:

You rip on Fox News journalists, but you can't even name one journalist :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

BTW, Glenn Beck used to host a talk show on CNN. Did this make the CNN journalist biased to the right? Greta Van Susteren was also a talk show host on CNN. The point being. The opinion show hosts are just that.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue May 13, 2014 6:28 pm

The left loved Glenn Beck when he was taking shots at Bush.

The Tebow incidents stands, any news outlet you wanna name made fun of him or acted as his Christianity was appalling except FOX.

Look at anyone that spoke out against the gay dude, they are hate filled bigots in need of counseling, so says the MSM.

Why is one opinion wrong and the other right?

In America it used to not be but the PC BS has taken a strangled hold. Just wait til the shoe is on the other foot and we will see a different attitude from the left.
cartervj
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:Well, I guess you're right. Spinner. I can't name even one Fox News journalist since, as you state, they are all talk show hosts, not journalists. Therefore, Fox News should be considered as on par with such luminaries as Glenn Beck (I almost wrote Jeff :lol3: ), Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. We agree on something!!!!! Those who promote themselves as Fox News journalists, are indeed, simply nutjobs! :beer:

You forgot Mark Levin, who happens to be my favorite.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 13, 2014 10:40 pm

nitram wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:Well, I guess you're right. Spinner. I can't name even one Fox News journalist since, as you state, they are all talk show hosts, not journalists. Therefore, Fox News should be considered as on par with such luminaries as Glenn Beck (I almost wrote Jeff :lol3: ), Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity. We agree on something!!!!! Those who promote themselves as Fox News journalists, are indeed, simply nutjobs! :beer:

One of my favorites, too, Nitram. Certainly funnier than Robin Williams or George Carlin! :thumbsup: My stomach gets sore from guffaws sometimes when I listen to him!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed May 14, 2014 2:38 pm

SpinnerMan wrote: You rip on Fox News journalists, but you can't even name one journalist :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Follow the bouncing ball, Spin. I can't name one Fox News journalist because you just conceded that they are all talk show hosts. Should I slow the ball down? :hi:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed May 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
nitram wrote:

One of my favorites, too, Nitram. Certainly funnier than Robin Williams or George Carlin! :thumbsup: My stomach gets sore from guffaws sometimes when I listen to him!

I didn't know Robin Williams or George Carlin had a talk show. Where can I listen. I'll bet they are both hilarious :yes:

I saw Robin Williams live one time. OMFG. Funniest I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few including Bill Cosby ( :bow: the viagra routine was hilarious), Jim Gaffigan (Hot Pockets still sticks in my mind :mad: ), Dane Cook (the best improv I've ever seen and there is one poor guy that is probably still in therapy, although he had nothing when I told him I was a nuclear engineer :sad: ), and many many others.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed May 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote: You rip on Fox News journalists, but you can't even name one journalist :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Follow the bouncing ball, Spin. I can't name one Fox News journalist because you just conceded that they are all talk show hosts. Should I slow the ball down? :hi:

No, you are wrong. There plenty of Fox News journalists. They are the ones that report the news during the news breaks during and between the talks shows, report the news of Fox radio and Fox TV, write the news stories on the Fox News site, etc. :fingerhead:

Just like the CNN news people did during and around Beck when he was on CNN :thumbsup:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed May 14, 2014 3:05 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
nitram wrote:

I didn't know Robin Williams or George Carlin had a talk show. Where can I listen. I'll bet they are both hilarious :yes:

I saw Robin Williams live one time. OMFG. Funniest I've ever seen and I've seen quite a few including Bill Cosby ( :bow: the viagra routine was hilarious), Jim Gaffigan (Hot Pockets still sticks in my mind :mad: ), Dane Cook (the best improv I've ever seen and there is one poor guy that is probably still in therapy, although he had nothing when I told him I was a nuclear engineer :sad: ), and many many others.

:lol3: Dane Cook is a riot. Robin Williams is from a different planet (Ork). Have you seen anything from Amy Shumer? She is a cute little blond that acts vulnerable but has the mouth of a drunken sailor. She's up and coming. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed May 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
nitram wrote:

:lol3: Dane Cook is a riot. Robin Williams is from a different planet (Ork). Have you seen anything from Amy Shumer? She is a cute little blond that acts vulnerable but has the mouth of a drunken sailor. She's up and coming. :thumbsup:

I don't think so. Her name and face are not familiar. I'll have to keep an eye out for her, but she has nothing scheduled in my area.
SpinnerMan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum