Losing your citizenship?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Losing your citizenship?

Postby clampdaddy » Sat May 03, 2014 10:32 pm

I was talking to my uncle who is kind of like "the keeper" of our family history. He started going over a few stories and he told me something I had never heard of before. My great grandmother was a natural born citizen of this country but when she married my great grandfather who was not, she actually lost her citizenship. Great grandpa got his citizenship by enlisting in the army to fight in WWI, but great grandma actually had to pass the written test and take the oath in order to regain her citizenship. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? :huh:
clampdaddy
hunter

Re: Losing your citizenship?

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 06, 2014 12:44 am

clampdaddy wrote:I was talking to my uncle who is kind of like "the keeper" of our family history. He started going over a few stories and he told me something I had never heard of before. My great grandmother was a natural born citizen of this country but when she married my great grandfather who was not, she actually lost her citizenship. Great grandpa got his citizenship by enlisting in the army to fight in WWI, but great grandma actually had to pass the written test and take the oath in order to regain her citizenship. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? :huh:

After I initially started posting at DHC they took my citizenship away, cd. But I found being a citizen of no country is somewhat liberating. No oaths and that kind of stuff, ya know? I was never a good promise-keeper anyway. :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue May 06, 2014 8:05 am

At least they decided to deport you to Californication. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 06, 2014 9:47 am

ScaupHunter wrote:At least they decided to deport you to Californication. :beer:

Ha Ha. I win! :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 am

The totally depends on your perspective now doesn't it? :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 am

Hey Scaup, I hear that you guys had quite the little commie uprising on "May day" in Seattle. Not much news coverage on it. You hear anything or see any of the aftermath from it?
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 pm

I didn't hear a thing. I quit watching the news a long time ago. All sides present biased hype and drivel for the masses.

Ok, I checked the news feeds and this is nothing new. This was anarchists at work like every other May Day. Typical college aged drunks and druggies going on a destructive spree. I love seeing the tough guys who are raising havoc and destroying private property get a good hosing down with Pepper Spray.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 06, 2014 2:48 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I didn't hear a thing. I quit watching the news a long time ago. All sides present biased hype and drivel for the masses.

Ok, I checked the news feeds and this is nothing new. This was anarchists at work like every other May Day. Typical college aged drunks and druggies going on a destructive spree. I love seeing the tough guys who are raising havoc and destroying private property get a good hosing down with Pepper Spray.

I never understood that mob-mentality thing that grabs people. They will riot for anything from loss of civil rights to winning a college football game. ?!?! I suppose I did a few acts of vandalism as a pre-teen, honestly don't remember much but assume I must have, but as a post-teen I just don't get it. Just testosterone gone amok I guess.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue May 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Most folks in college get drunk and have an occasional non violent protest. I say let em have at it. They are young, dumb, and full of ....... They need to burn off some steam.

These are died in the wool anarchists who simply want to destroy everything and anything. If they ever faced true anarchy they would be the first cannon fodder destroyed in the event. They are to emotionally bent and stupid to get out of the way of the larger predators that would be taking control.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 06, 2014 10:56 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:I didn't hear a thing. I quit watching the news a long time ago. All sides present biased hype and drivel for the masses.

Where do you get any information regarding current events, scaup?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Andy W » Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 am

^ DHC.
Andy W
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 am

Glimmerjim wrote:

DHC. :lol3:

I check things online, pay attention to various alternate information sources, etc.... Toss in getting texts or calls from buddies who work in various information groups about key events and things of interest. It keeps me informed enough to feel the pulse without having to listen to the MSM hype and crap flinging. Not much actually pizzes me off in the world despite what you see here. Watching the MSM talking heads knowingly lie about things is one that does. I simply avoid listening to them and it makes life far more pleasant.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Andy W wrote:^ DHC.

:lol3: :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

DHC. :lol3:

I check things online, pay attention to various alternate information sources, etc.... Toss in getting texts or calls from buddies who work in various information groups about key events and things of interest. It keeps me informed enough to feel the pulse without having to listen to the MSM hype and crap flinging. Not much actually pizzes me off in the world despite what you see here. Watching the MSM talking heads knowingly lie about things is one that does. I simply avoid listening to them and it makes life far more pleasant.

Wow! Good on ya! When I get calls from friends it's about when we're going fishing, going hunting, or getting drunk! Current events have very little place in those conversations. :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum