Darwin wasn't always right

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Darwin wasn't always right

Postby Andy W » Thu May 08, 2014 6:30 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Andy W wrote:They rescued the dog first? :huh:

Jim, what the heck were you thinking? You're not an 18 year old. :fingerpt: Glad both of you are OK. :thumbsup:

Not physically an 18 year old, Andy. The head still has some growing up to do! :lol3:

I can certainly relate to that!
Andy W
hunter

Postby nitram » Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

"I'm growing older but not up.
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let the winds of time blow over my head.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."

Handled with humility Sir. :beer:

What a pretty girl
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 4:20 pm

nitram wrote:"I'm growing older but not up.
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let the winds of time blow over my head.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."

Handled with humility Sir. :beer:

What a pretty girl

Thanks nitram. She's a trooper! What is that quote from? I like it.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby nitram » Thu May 08, 2014 4:43 pm

It's a Buffett song from the COCONUT TELEGRAPH album.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Take a look at the exact moment that they video stops....your dog is shooting you a look with a little smile....funny....
Glad you are ok...

I went back and looked at it after you said that Slack. I noticed it was right after I said "I got lucky...." I think her response was "What did I do wrong to get the retarded owner?"
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 4:48 pm

nitram wrote:It's a Buffett song from the COCONUT TELEGRAPH album.

Sweet! I like Jimmy Buffett. Talented guy in a lot of ways! Plus he's got a home on a Caribbean island. I could live with that! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...BTW, not how I pictured you in my head jim!! :lol3:

Same here. I always pictured you as being older, thinner, balding. More grandfatherly looking I guess you'd say.

I'm a Great-grandfather twice over, cd! We're like rabbits! :lol3:

Your family or democrats in general? :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 5:37 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Same here. I always pictured you as being older, thinner, balding. More grandfatherly looking I guess you'd say.

Ouchey! :lol3: But now that you bring it up again.....what's with the "thinner" stuff? I've invested a fortune in Budweiser to achieve this body! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu May 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

Ouchey! :lol3: But now that you bring it up again.....what's with the "thinner" stuff? I've invested a fortune in Budweiser to achieve this body! :lol3:

I'm no mind reader but I'd bet that your mental image of clampdaddy is alot thinner than the real life Matt is too. :lol3: Being from California, you probably know what my avatar represents........I like beer too. :thumbsup:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby cartervj » Thu May 08, 2014 6:48 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:

Sweet! I like Jimmy Buffett. Talented guy in a lot of ways! Plus he's got a home on a Caribbean island. I could live with that! :thumbsup:

His concerts are fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He comes to the Shoals at times and hangs with Mac McNally, his guitarist/songwriter. Nobody seems to recognize him. :huh:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 8:10 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
Andy W wrote:They rescued the dog first? :huh:

Jim, what the heck were you thinking? You're not an 18 year old. :fingerpt: Glad both of you are OK. :thumbsup:

Earlier comment about the dog being the innocent one goes here. :lol3:

The dog would not have stayed put once Jim was gone. Dead dogs do not play well on the news these days.

Yep. That's exactly the reasoning scaup.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 8:18 pm

cartervj wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

His concerts are fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He comes to the Shoals at times and hangs with Mac McNally, his guitarist/songwriter. Nobody seems to recognize him. :huh:

I've never been to one. I bet they are fun. I could live his lifestyle very easily. Being a native Californian I HATE wearing shoes. As a kid I drove my parents crazy, as I would go barefoot in all seasons. Then I used to buy these custom fitted elk-skin mocassins that were as close to being barefoot as you can get while still wearing shoes. I need to do a little research to see if these can still be found. Kind of a hippie thing at the time....but man, I wore a pair for 6 or 7 years. Had them resoled with conveyor belt material 3 or 4 times. nothing ever felt better on the feet! Was like pulling on a second layer of skin.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I'm no mind reader but I'd bet that your mental image of clampdaddy is alot thinner than the real life Matt is too. :lol3: Being from California, you probably know what my avatar represents........I like beer too. :thumbsup:

You bet buddy! I know quite a few clampers from the IBEW. I bet if we compared names we'd find some in common! :beer: I've been in Downieville when there was a get-together. Pretty fun! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:You bet buddy! I know quite a few clampers from the IBEW. I bet if we compared names we'd find some in common! :beer: I've been in Downieville when there was a get-together. Pretty fun! :thumbsup:

Surprisingly, where I work there aren't any clampers in our line department. Quite a few on the water and construction sides though. Just a few weeks ago I sponsored one of the construction guys in. He missed three days of work afterwards. :huh: :wink: :lol3:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 10:29 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:You bet buddy! I know quite a few clampers from the IBEW. I bet if we compared names we'd find some in common! :beer: I've been in Downieville when there was a get-together. Pretty fun! :thumbsup:

Surprisingly, where I work there aren't any clampers in our line department. Quite a few on the water and construction sides though. Just a few weeks ago I sponsored one of the construction guys in. He missed three days of work afterwards. :huh: :wink: :lol3:

I've heard tales of the initiation! Whoo boy! Three days of work!!!!! You poisoned the poor guy! :lol3: :beer:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu May 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

I've heard tales of the initiation! Whoo boy! Three days of work!!!!! You poisoned the poor guy! :lol3: :beer:

He's a big strapping kid too. Probably 6'4", 250 lbs, looks like the poster child for Hitler's eugenics program. All off that working out and eating good nonsense must weaken the liver or something. :huh:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 08, 2014 11:35 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:

He's a big strapping kid too. Probably 6'4", 250 lbs, looks like the poster child for Hitler's eugenics program. All off that working out and eating good nonsense must weaken the liver or something. :huh:

:lol3: I can remember a few of those days myself, Matt. My 21st birthday I drank a bunch of Two Fingers tequila. Didn't feel decent for about 3 days. nother time I had been working two jobs, construction and nights at a liquor store. I finally got a night of and went catfishing with a few friends. On the way out I drank whiskey and just went overboard in "celebration" of freedom. By the time we got to the spot I was puking everywhere and slept the rest of the night away. That was another multiple day recovery period. Funny, but just talking and thinking about those times makes me feel queasy! I can taste it! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri May 09, 2014 6:22 am

Yeah. To this day, if I even smell Southern Comfort, I'll get that uneasy feeling as bits and pieces of a bad memory run trough my mind. Waking up, drunk, going to work, eye lids bruised under the strain of heaving which burst all the tiny veins, the brunt of the hangover really kicking in around noon. My lord, that was a bad one.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Yeah. To this day, if I even smell Southern Comfort, I'll get that uneasy feeling as bits and pieces of a bad memory run trough my mind. Waking up, drunk, going to work, eye lids bruised under the strain of heaving which burst all the tiny veins, the brunt of the hangover really kicking in around noon. My lord, that was a bad one.

:beer: I had to throw that smilie in just for its inappropriateness! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum